Is the Lawn Club Grill worth the up charge

MooNGaTe27

I was not impression with the setup on the Silhouette as they put plastic barriers to control wind.

And a lot of times the place seemed empty.   And they chase you away from the cabanas if you do not eat as well from the restaurant.  just my opinion. 

We were on the Reflection last month.   While there is a lot of hype about the Lawn Club, for the price especially, four of us were not very impressed.   The set up of tables is tight (although it was empty when we went), the salad bar is pretty sad, the pizza (they call flatbread) is way too much food for an appetizer and while we got a huge veal chop that was beautifully grilled, it lacked flavor.   

31 minutes ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

I see the Reflection doesn't have a steak house ( which I like ) so is it worth the up charge to eat here ?

Murano would be my first choice on the Reflection.  Fine dining.  The Lawn Club Grill is worth it in my opinion.  You just got to be careful not to get all filled up on the flatbread pizza and salad bar.  The chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream is very good.  Save room for it!

We have dined there when it has been sunny and windy.  Choose your table carefully!

• Like 2

It's the only speciality I would criticize. The salad bar is same as the buffet, the entire pizza they call a flatbread is actually worse than the buffet, the meat selection is okay.  They really need to refresh the menu or the concept all together. 

• Like 1

Love the pizza (it’s not flatbread) and you can toss it yourself.   You don’t toss flatbread.    We also enjoyed the steaks when we shared them as they provide too big a portion.   We also shared sides and enjoyed them.   The warm chocolate chip cookie dessert is also decadent.   We ate there five times on our last transatlantic.   It was cool but we dressed .   We are from the east coast so we know pizza!

• Like 3

Nothing to write home about to me. Much prefer the steaks  in Tuscan Grill. As mentioned, the salad bar is the same as the buffet.  If I want pizza, I'll get it at the buffet which is usually available until midnight or one AM. 

We ate there on the Silhouette last month and really enjoyed it. The only thing I would change is the flatbread appetizer. I have no control when it comes to pizza/flatbread so I ate more than I should have and wasn't able to finish the rest of the food.  I definitely think it was worth it. Steak was very good - much better than at Tuscan

• Like 1

Lawn Grill is excellent- worth every $$.

Suggestions:

If you have an overnight anywhere, go at that time. No wind to disturb your meal.

Forget the flatbread ( pizza ) — too filling.

The salad bar is ok - no big deal.

The steaks, shrimp skewers, and the lamb chops are really good.

A “ must “ for dessert is the warm chocolate chip cookie topped with ice cream. Go for two “ if “ you have room .

Don’t forget to hand your Server a few $$ . Then , tell ‘em Pinboy sent ya — and they will ( ?? ) , might offer you a discount to return another time.

Remember—There is competition between the Specialty restaurants .

41 minutes ago, dateacher said:

We ate there on the Silhouette last month and really enjoyed it. The only thing I would change is the flatbread appetizer. I have no control when it comes to pizza/flatbread so I ate more than I should have and wasn't able to finish the rest of the food.  I definitely think it was worth it. Steak was very good - much better than at Tuscan

I have the same problem with pizza. I might need to find a PA group to attend their meetings.

• Haha 1

We had a dismal dining experience for dinner on the Reflection last month (March 2022.) Didn't try the flatbread, the salad bar was very limited and our main courses were just not good. DH ordered a steak with lobster mac & cheese, I had Red Snapper with creamed corn. After several bites, DH asked if the side had any lobster in it ... the reply was "no, it's just flavored with a lobster sauce, no pieces of lobster." HUH? His steak was not good, either ... very grisly. My fish was super overcooked (dry) and the creamed corn tasted from a can. 

Although anxious to get out of there, we did order dessert, the berry cobbler. Out comes the chocolate chip cookie skillet. Told the server we didn't order the cookie. "Well, that's what everyone orders." Again, HUH? They must have rushed our dessert because when it came out, the cobbler was gooey, doughy and undercooked.

Thankfully we didn't pay the upcharge since specialty dining was included with the Signature Suite, but I certainly couldn't recommend.

For us, a hard pass.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to see all the negative posts about LCG.  i agree woth those who say to not overdo the pizza.  That's what we did the first time we dined there and I nearly had to be carried out by the time I finished that hot cookie.

We love LCG and have already booked it for our next cruise on Silhouette.  i hope it is still as good as we remember.  And yes, we have been to Murano three times on three different ships and came away every time unimpressed.

• Like 1

We love LCG on both Silhouette and Reflection.

Reflection now has a smaller pizza that is no where near as filling.

On Silhouette for my birthday last month we went to LCG, Tuscan AND Murano.

Definitely prefer the extra restaurants !!!

8 hours ago, MooNGaTe27 said:

I see the Reflection doesn't have a steak house ( which I like ) so is it worth the up charge to eat here ?

Not in our opinion, it has the ambiance of an Outback Steak House, the food isn’t bad, with the pricing of a high end restaurant.

My impression was always that it gets better the bigger your party (similar to the way Qsine was prior to Le Petit Chef).  That way you can try a much bigger variety of the food.  As for me, I think it is a much more casual experience than the other specialty restaurants. 

Murano is our go to for a special date night and in my opinion is by far the most intimate restaurant on the ship.   Murano does a Chateaubriand for two that is to die for, and yes, if you ask, they can even do it for one.  I just asked for the smallest one they had and received far to much beef to eat.

Tuscan Grill is also an option, although I don't believe it compares to Murano.  Tuscan does a variety of steaks some of which are better than others.  And their pasta is way better than anywhere else on board.  (Tuscan may also be the only place on board where you can order a grappa or limoncello as an after dinner libation).