Would you pay $21,348 for a 5 night cruise to Bermuda?

Too hot to go outside so I’m fooling around on the RCL website and Cruisecritic.  Just for kicks, I checked to see the price for a 2 BR Grand Suite (for two adults, two kids) on the August 27th Adventure of the Seas five night cruise to Bermuda from Cape Liberty.  It was $21,348.

I’m sure it’s a nice big room and ok it’s got two bathrooms, but $21,348?  I understand inflationary pressures and I get that it usually pays to book ahead,  but really?  $21,348 for 5 nights?  From a business perspective, I really don’t get the price algorithms.  

The amount of RCL cruise price fluctuation blows my mind.  I want say I looked at the same room two weeks ago and it was half the price.  

• Haha 7

57 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

I don't know. If they throw in a bottle of La Terre Chardonnay, it might be worth it.

Hah - I had to look up the price and it wasn’t what I was expecting.

• Like 1

This is really just whale money for people that don't know what else to spend their money on.

I personally wouldn't, and my wife and I could afford it too. As a family of 5, I could go on 4 different 7 night cruises, vs 1 4 night cruise but you get the grand suite. NOT WORTH IT for the up charge, imo.

Is it cool? Sure. I spend about 10k to 12k a year on family vacations... So far this year we went to Hawaii in January for 10 days (Hale Koa military hotel makes hotel stay much cheaper), plus airfare was dirt cheap back in January with $250 round trip tickets per person. We went to Disneyland for a 4 day weekend, 2 days at the park (could drive from AZ to it), and we are topping it off with a 7 night cruise in October in Miami. Out the door, all expenses, I am about 11.5k this year in vacations, including all food/travel expenses, with my October excursions already pre-paid (don't gamble or drink so maybe $1000 extra for tipping, misc. expenditures)/

There is no way I would spend 21k+ BEFORE you even account for additional expenses on a Cruise either. It just could go so much further doing other fun things.

• Like 1

Heck no. We had a blast on the Adventure last summer but there is no way I would pay that much, especially without all the Royal Suite Class perks.  We were in a GS (2 adults, 2 kids) for just a little bit more than our FCC that was from a balcony on Ovation to Alaska, we enjoyed the concierge lounge but that was about it as far as perks.
We have a 2 bedroom GS on Ovation (2 adults and 3 kids) booked for next summer for significantly less than your quoted price. 

Have sailed on Adventure and also been to Bermuda. I looked at the Royal website as I could not believe the pricing on this August short sailing! I wonder if their IT department made an error with that GS pricing. No way! Not worth it and something seems odd when you look at other sailings. Why would anyone pay this amount for Adventure? Recent reviews not that positive.

Is this a buy one get three cruises sale (with the key, a spa treatment, gratuities, surf&stream internet, dining & beverage packages, 2 pool towels and a robe to take home, and a shore excursion included)?  

If so, I'll pass.

Edited by soremekun
  • Haha 2