The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 4th, 2022

richwmn

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Wishing our Chinese "daughter" a special day today; will send her flowers, that will surely surprise her.  YES to chocolate chip cookies!  Bless the Coast Guard and all they do to help everyone on the water.  I do like today's quote, will pass on the drink of the day (bourbon) and would love to try the wine.  

Another beautiful summer day out there this morning - clear skies with a bit of a breeze.  We'll enjoy it for a couple of hours, then will close up the house as the temperature is supposed to reach +35C by mid afternoon.  I think it's time to start a new hobby - macrame.  Remember when I said I had 19 travel sized tubes of toothpaste?  Well low and behold, there were 23  mini dental flosses in the bottom of the tub.  Maybe I could macrame or crochet a vest or even a duffle bag!  LOL   

@lazey1a belated Happy Birthday to you!  I hope you had a wonderful day yesterday.

@RedneckBobwelcome to the Daily!

@aliaschiefthanks for taking us to Scotland with you; loving the photos!

@cat shepardI'm glad I'm not the only one who collects things to be used on cruises!

@dfishso glad they've decided to look for a suitcase instead of red framed glasses.  Yikes!

@Rowsby I agree with the suggestion to get an air fryer with racks instead of the basket.  Also, make sure it has variable temperature, or you'll have to watch it like a hawk.  Ours is a Black & Decker air fryer/toaster oven that has a constant a/f temperature of 400, so I'm always checking the food so it doesn't burn.  

I'm going to have to try steak in the air fryer - something I hadn't thought of - but not tonight.  I've got chicken breasts thawing that will be crumb coated and will be in the air fryer instead. We'll be having dinner in the pergola tonight because it will be too hot to sit on the deck, but it'll be chicken salads for us out there tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra for the people of Ukraine and for the grain moving from the ports to feed the world.  We'll raise our glasses and celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay safe, get your boosters, wear masks when needed, be well, and hydrate!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Last evening we had lots of thunder and lightning and heavy downpours.  Twice the DVR and internet for my laptop went poof momentarily and then you have to wait for all to reboot.  This morning I will head over to my hair salon for my regular appointment then pack for the 10 day road trip to Ohio and Michigan, leaving early Friday morning.  I won't be here on the Daily in the morning but will check in later in the day.  Speaking of Michigan, last night the Detroit channel 7 news/sports had a report on the Michigan Tigers winning the championship and showed video of the final goal of the game along with the final penalty kick when everyone flooded onto the field to celebrate.  DS recorded it for us to see when we arrive at their house but also sent a video to me via WhatsApp.  Very nice of channel 7!

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor posting our Daily and Fleet Report.  Love, love chocolate chip cookies.  A huge salute to the U.S. Coast Guard for all their hard and dangerous at times work.  How many times have we seen them airlifting someone off a ship to get medical care?  I know several times for me.  A happy Chinese Valentine's Day/Daughters Day to all celebrating that.  The air fryer steak sounds good, but I'll pass on the drink and red wine.  Thank you @dfish, @cat shepardand @summer slopefor the food and beverage information.   Today's Japanese port of Otaru is another I haven't been to.  We saw it listed here June 21, 2021.  Hopeful for photos!  I suppose there is a lot of truth to the quote.  

Thanks Roy @rafinmdfor our Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers for everyone on our Care list.  A big hooray for the Celebration people.  Thanks Bruce @aliaschieffor more beautiful photos of Scotland.  Lots to do before I leave the house so better run.  See you all later.

Have a good trip and drive safely.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning fellow Daily-ites.

A beautiful morning here, although expecting 103 degrees later. Our friends really tried keeping our flowers alive, but most of the potted plants bit the dust. I've been dumping them in trash bags along with the zillion weeds I've pulled. 

Yesterday we met our friends for our monthly pedicures and out for lunch. I really missed them.

Today is a call from the VA regarding Caregivers support services. Never heard of it til we moved to Texas.

Today would have been Dad's 95 birthday.  My sister and 2 nieces are leaving for an end of summer trip to Kona today. One is a special Ed teacher and the other starts back for her final year of law school.

Did I hear chocolate chips?

image.png.6fa919b1b2c324d57f94575ad6693d63.png

Have a blessed day. Prayers for all and cheers!

• Like 27

Good morning as I sit in the waiting room of the Mayo Clinic waiting for my appointment with the Ortho Doc. 

My X-rays were completed and I am early for my appointment but don’t feel like walking back to the hotel in hopes that I will be called earlier.

Thank you Rich for the Fleet Report and Daily.

Nice Days.  Chinese Valentines Day/Daughter’s Day.  Well, I am a daughter, but sadly, don’t have a daughter, or a son for that matter.  I tried to be a good daughter to my mom, and cared for her for the last years of her life.

Love chocolate chip cookies, but don’t eat a lot of them.

Appreciate the work of the Coast Guard.

Happy for the meal and @dfishDebbie’s recipe.  I have a Breville Smart Oven/Air Fryer and have been wondering if I could air fry a steak.  So I am happy for the recipes.  Glad HAL now has it right as to what they are looking for as far as the luggage.

Will pass on the wine.  Way above my budget. However the description is wonderful.  If I were gifted a bottle I would be thrilled.

Pass on the drink.

The quote is great and very true.

After this appointment, We will pick up an order at Total Wine, get gas and start our journey home.  Hopefully we will have better weather.

Nothing else to report right now.

Have a great day everyone and…

God Bless

Terri

• Like 25

Good morning to all. I will celebrate daughters,daughters in law and chocolate chip cookies and look forward to port pictures. 

@lazey1, a very Happy Belated  Birthday 

@Cruzin Terri, hope all goes well today

@StLouisCruisers have a safe trip and a wonderful  visit

We are doing well here except for Tana and await the hospice nurse today. Hopefully  there are suggestions  that can help.We are all still positive which is to be expected. I know DH is feeling  better since he is able to enjoy reading again.Our teenage dog walker is complaining  of the heat  when taking our furry friends out and told me this morning  that he is " beyond  bored". He certainly  sounds normal to me!

I ventured into the kitchen and now have vegetarian  chili and a lentil soup simmering. It felt good to chop vegetables  and stir things.

Terry

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning All,

We have more monsoonal cloud cover this morning. Yesterday it went “poof” in a mere few minutes while we were on our walk, and His Nibs decided it was time for a lay down strike. I’m surprised I was able to get him up and going again. At 115 lbs, he’s a cartload of dog. (I might have needed to borrow RNRs forklift).

Tonight am getting together for dinner with a group of friends from work to celebrate 2 years of retirement. I call the group the agency’s “Alumni Association”. We all retired under a golden handshake program.

@aliaschief Are you on your own or on an organized tour? I’m really enjoying the pictures and comments. Am hoping to make it to UK in the next couple of years.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 27

Good morning and thanks all,  I’ll read later.  Just a quick post as we’re off to get staples removed.   
Otaru is famous for exquisite jewellery boxes,  also had beautiful glassware and is very famous for sushi.   Now I know where Big Boy is.    It’s a  very long walk from the port when you get Off the ship very late as you have to reclear Japanese customs onboard after visiting Russia 

39ACCB42-626A-4D49-80BC-B6BED4A97CD8.jpeg

53377E5B-07CB-428E-AB7C-2996F0F2A319.jpeg

601F34C1-C53C-44D4-9353-1CBF2B3FFF53.jpeg

4923AA84-370F-4205-BC0F-48A7DC2E8FB6.jpeg

AB294B18-A1DF-46F1-980A-38084D9CDE71.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 7

Good morning, all! I will call DD in Taiwan later in honour of Chinese Daughters Day. And to all of us who cruise, the Coast Guard is so very important. I’ve never done steak in

the Air  Fryer, but need to try it. @Rowsby I used to have a basket style air fryer and found it too limited and awkward to get much use from it. Last year DH bought one that looks like a toaster oven. It has adjustable temperature control, and even a setting to work as a toaster oven instead of an air fryer. It has two shelves,  a rotisserie for roasting a small chicken, and a rotisserie basket for fries, etc. I just love it and use it a lot! Ours is an Instant Vortex Plus, made by the company that makes Instant Pot. It does a great job, and is so much better than wasting power on a full sized oven if you’re cooking for one. I highly recommend it!

We had company for dinner last night, well no, we had chicken and rice and cherry cobbler, the company helped us eat it.😉

Today is clean the house day. Everything is tidied and in order, today is just dust and vacuum day. And set up the outdoor fountain, and…..

Happy Thursday, everyone! Less than two,months until I’m back aboard a BHB!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning from a warm and cloudy day at the beach

Busy day here on the Space Coast with 2 rocket launches. First one was at 6:30 this AM and the next one is at 7 ish tonite.   Always amazing. We are all waiting for the Artemis launch at the end of the month ( hopefully) They are expecting a100,000 people and hotels are already booked. It will be a good day to stay home. Luckily I can see the launch from here or go down on the beach.

I had my eye shot this AM and my vision is still a little blurred. So this will be short for now.

@lazey1 Hope you had a wonderful birthday and many more.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

We're having something different this morning -- drizzle/showers! No rain for a few weeks, so this is kind of nice.  It's supposed to clear up and be sunny the rest of the day, perfect.  The yard could use the rain.

Perfect day for chocolate chip cookies day, as I'll be bringing some to the DGSs today as usual.  I'm also bringing brownies (one DGS requested cookies, the other brownies).  Yes, I'm one of "those" grandmas. 😅  We'll be going to the zoo in Seattle with them and their Mama, our DD, so we'll be celebrating Daughter Day too!

Will pass on the red wine and the drink.  I don't have an air fryer, but I like the first steak recipe.  It will be take-out tonight though, as we'll be away all day.

Bruce @aliaschiefI have really enjoyed your photos!  It truly is a beautiful country.  We were last there exactly 4 years ago now.

Debbie @dfishgood news that HAL is now looking for a suitcase and not a pair of red glasses 😉  Great news that you and Sue are still testing negative.

Bob @RedneckBobI enjoyed your cruising story about dinner in the PG and look forward to future stories!  Nice to see that Abigail is still there, we have good memories of her from our Eurodam cruise last year.

Sandi @StLouisCruiserssafe drive!!

Terri @Cruzin TerriI hope all goes well today.

Terry @smitty34877Prayers that Tana will be feeling better soon, I'm happy that the rest of you are doing so much better.

Brenda @bennybearthank you for the great photos of Otaru!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. As usual a sunny and bright morning with thunderstorms predicted for the afternoon. Fine with me. The leak in the shelter seems to be fixed... and the dogs and I do most of our outdoorsy things in the morning. 

I am really enjoying the pictures today. That shepards pie looks wonderful and Lewis and Harris are high on my list of favorite places. @aliaschiefone of the worst ferry rides I ever had was on the way to Stornaway. Not only was it very rough, but it poured rain. Still remember that ride. But I remember the rest of the time I was on the islands the weather was lovely.

I am still cleaning and sorting and sometimes, tossing things. Comments about the travel "tub" have sent me to the top drawer in a large bureau in my back room. Yep, lots of things there that need to be sorted out and disposed of. I know that when I cruise again most of that junk will not be needed. Also I need to make a call to my pharmacy to see if I can get a prescription sorted out. First I get no meds... then I get too much and of course have to pay for it. I am going to ask that they cancel the prescription since I have plenty on hand and then, when I get low I will have doctor reissue. Maybe that will work.

Susan

• Like 26

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Valentine's Day/Daughter's Day sounds like a good thing. I'm a fan of chocolate chip cookies. A salute to the USCG for all they do. Don't agree with the quote.

I hear air fryer steak is good. I'll pass on the drink and take the wine if someone buys it for me.

I haven't been to Otaru. Thanks for the pictures @bennybear.

It's going to be very hot here today and humid, with thunderstorms later. Wow, all the Benadryl I took for my shot yesterday knocked me out. I slept 11 hours and it was 9:30 when I woke up this morning! Late lunch was good with BFF; we were the only patrons in the restaurant, until someone came in to sit at the bar. I'm headed to see the Eye doctor shortly, as my glasses I got last year don't seem to work and gave me headaches so I stopped wearing them. I may also get my labwork done, since I'm still fasting, instead of tomorrow.

@dfish Good news on HAL at least looking for the right thing. I'm glad you and Sue are still testing negative, and hope Donna is feeling ok. 

@Heartgrove Thanks for your service!

@aliaschief Great photos. Thank you for sharing the trip.

@RedneckBob Thanks for the story.

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels tomorrow and enjoy the visit with family.

@grapau27 I love shepherd's pie.

@Cruzin Terri Good luck with your appointment. Safe trip home.

@smitty34877 Good to hear that DH is doing better as are the rest of you all. Prayers for Tana and that the hospice nurse can help.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Last evening we had lots of thunder and lightning and heavy downpours.  Twice the DVR and internet for my laptop went poof momentarily and then you have to wait for all to reboot.  This morning I will head over to my hair salon for my regular appointment then pack for the 10 day road trip to Ohio and Michigan, leaving early Friday morning.  I won't be here on the Daily in the morning but will check in later in the day.  Speaking of Michigan, last night the Detroit channel 7 news/sports had a report on the Michigan Tigers winning the championship and showed video of the final goal of the game along with the final penalty kick when everyone flooded onto the field to celebrate.  DS recorded it for us to see when we arrive at their house but also sent a video to me via WhatsApp.  Very nice of channel 7!

Thanks Rich @richwmnfor posting our Daily and Fleet Report.  Love, love chocolate chip cookies.  A huge salute to the U.S. Coast Guard for all their hard and dangerous at times work.  How many times have we seen them airlifting someone off a ship to get medical care?  I know several times for me.  A happy Chinese Valentine's Day/Daughters Day to all celebrating that.  The air fryer steak sounds good, but I'll pass on the drink and red wine.  Thank you @dfish, @cat shepardand @summer slopefor the food and beverage information.   Today's Japanese port of Otaru is another I haven't been to.  We saw it listed here June 21, 2021.  Hopeful for photos!  I suppose there is a lot of truth to the quote.  

Thanks Roy @rafinmdfor our Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers for everyone on our Care list.  A big hooray for the Celebration people.  Thanks Bruce @aliaschieffor more beautiful photos of Scotland.  Lots to do before I leave the house so better run.  See you all later.

Take care on your 10 day road trip Sandi.

Graham 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rowsby said:

@dfish  Thanks Debbie....I've been hearing so many good recipes for air fryers.....!!

I will get one when I get back from my Hawaii trip....but I need some advice about size and possible brand to use for one person....??

I'm saving your links....:)

Here is some more information on choosing an air fryer.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/best-air-fryer/

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5