How Do You Order in Wonderland?

Can someone who has eaten in Wonderland  and enjoyed it guide me through the ordering choices so I can make the most of the experience. Please share what you particularly enjoyed on the menu. I have been on the Anthem several times and have never eaten at this specialty. I would like to try it this cruise, but need a little help from those who have indulged. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Midway7934 said:

Can someone who has eaten in Wonderland  and enjoyed it guide me through the ordering choices so I can make the most of the experience. Please share what you particularly enjoyed on the menu. I have been on the Anthem several times and have never eaten at this specialty. I would like to try it this cruise, but need a little help from those who have indulged. Thanks.

You order one items from each category.

Your waiter will make recommendations on items (and they normally are quite insistent on ordering their signature selection). We go from time to time, so we’re into picking different things. Order what your waiter recommends unless there is something you absolutely want. 

BFF91A8B-E95C-493B-B820-7C048FC02685.thumb.jpeg.155ceb592e05c0737febd0783bd3dfbf.jpeg403A4FC2-79E1-4C2E-B69D-DA10125D3979.thumb.jpeg.59a99788379211bbae60063cf0f12f10.jpeg2E84E237-59CA-4208-BA97-C918145CB94C.thumb.jpeg.d807461a7bc0857da55d4d5907e9ada7.jpegA8295D6A-EB7C-4198-8D44-DFB9ED87D78A.thumb.jpeg.dcf39744d7d0d3986b87d88175f89177.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I’ve eaten there twice and still don’t know how to order there.  🥴

I just sit down and let them start bringing stuff. 

Yep!  Three times, myself, and I've yet to actually order anything other than the drinks.  

• Like 2

never heard or experienced it being one from each category.  In my experience (5 times I think) they pretty much expect to serve you most of the menu.  If you see something you don't want to miss, tell your server, otherwise they will ask for your choice of an entrée but other than that they will just bring you dishes.

Don't miss the beef entrée.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dahirsh said:

never heard or experienced it being one from each category.  In my experience (5 times I think) they pretty much expect to serve you most of the menu.  If you see something you don't want to miss, tell your server, otherwise they will ask for your choice of an entrée but other than that they will just bring you dishes.

Don't miss the beef entrée.  

This is also our experience having eaten there a half dozen times. 

• Like 1

We had the same experience — they brought out one of each thing for everyone at the table, except the entree.  One or two things that we especially liked (the potted shrimp) they brought a second round.  

8D5DFF18-400D-412C-86C9-6DCF2FFDC74D.jpeg

BA8E56F5-F8AC-4CC8-BE58-207C5669FF4B.jpeg

F30328DA-11EC-4874-9CDB-D3C3F9C7CAE1.jpeg

0DAFED73-733E-4967-826D-1097EB391019.jpeg

32B8B62A-92DD-40FB-B46F-871F06FB5B34.jpeg

C8A7FF93-DA23-4C30-A369-E3271232D274.jpeg

7C940DB6-F337-4F88-9ABE-7FB9C32D70EA.jpeg

57F3A3F6-BD4F-47AB-A716-2D73DB6B57D0.jpeg

43572C76-EBA8-46ED-A689-E3DE37B72C10.jpeg

0D2665FA-CFAD-4D4A-9309-12F329D740DC.jpeg

F32C84A7-89A0-461C-A902-19D68F796B5F.jpeg

2F7A1C2C-7DAC-4211-8357-B5E0B827B5F4.jpeg

7A576C5E-0FBD-4AF1-934A-E83FAC7E2E93.jpeg

B091432F-9FA3-4315-A709-88A65C0ACE57.jpeg

Edited by 3kidsncats
  • Like 2

We had no limit.  The server just said she would bring them out in waves (its essentially tapas style), so we went with it.  There was only time we ordered something in addition to what she brought out.  I think we ended trying about 2/3 of the menu.  

I do agree with Renza though.  The food was a little disappointing, but we went because we wanted the atmosphere and experience.  The presentation was awesome.  Its worth going at least once.  

• Like 1

I was surprised how much my wife and I liked Wonderland, We had the Halibut in a bag each and waiter also brought out the chicken. Chicken was dry but the Halibut was very good. As other said the apps they just brought out all and same for the deserts.  We will do it again 

Let them guide you and they generally will bring you most of the items, if there are certain food you do not care for just let them know, you generally order your main.  We really enjoy it and as we have gone quite a few times, now we tell them what we want.

16 hours ago, renza said:

Not worth eating at. It’s a one a done kinda place. Main meal was not great. Chicken super dry and beef was gross. 

I don't know. I thought the short rib was really good.  So was the halibut. I ate there twice and enjoyed it both times.

Edited by nferr
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

We try wonderland on every ship that has it.  Initially, we'd just let the waiter bring whatever.  Now we just request what we want.  We order multiples from every section of the menu, except dessert, because we are usually stuffed by then, and want "The World" 🙂

The World is a definite must if you go there.  Also, be sure to tell them if you are allergic to anything, especially if they are just bringing stuff because you really don't pay attention to the actual menu.  I have a severe allergy to pistachios, and they brought me the thing with pistachios in it.  It looked so good, if they hadn't told me, I wouldn't have known until I had a bite and that would have meant an emergency trip to wherever medical is on the ship (thankfully, I have never had to go there).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

I was surprised how much my wife and I liked Wonderland, We had the Halibut in a bag each and waiter also brought out the chicken. Chicken was dry but the Halibut was very good. As other said the apps they just brought out all and same for the deserts.  We will do it again 

I am still with Bob on this, no way.  Not my kind of food, even if it was free.  

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2022 at 7:44 PM, DaKahuna said:

I am still with Bob on this, no way.  Not my kind of food, even if it was free.  

Yep totally agree. A complete waste of money. Did not have anything great or even good. It’s a definite one and done kinda place. 

On 10/10/2022 at 3:52 PM, nferr said:

I don't know. I thought the short rib was really good.  So was the halibut. I ate there twice and enjoyed it both times.

They did bring us halibut too. Still didn’t care for it but my husband is a fisherman and get fresh fish in south Florida any night. 

As another point of view...We have eaten there both as a couple which everything said above applies and it is a pleasant evening.  We have also gone there with a group of 3 couples and for that event, they just kept bring us food from every category and we even asked for seconds on several platters.  It was a LOT of food but everyone got to try everything if they wanted.  In true Royal tradition, just ask...most likely the answer will be sure, 'why not'...

• Like 1