The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday October 17th, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Berry White cocktail:

Berry White Recipe
The Berry White cocktail recipe is a sexy blue colored drink made from UV Blue raspberry vodka, white crème de cacao, triple sec and lime juice, and served in a chilled cocktail glass.
Ingredients
3/4 oz Raspberry Vodka (UV Blue)
3/4 oz White Creme de Cacao
3/4 oz Triple Sec
3/4 oz Lime Juice
Lime - for garnish
Garnish: Lime
Glass: Cocktail Glass
Directions
Shake all ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a lime twist and a slice of lime.

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 8.51.58 AM.png

Berry White, You’re the First, the Last, My Everything

• Like 7
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. Sending up prayers and blessings to all our friends here and for the losses of loved ones.

Graham, my Birthday is tomorrow. On Pauline's mams 4th memory day. I will

say a prayer for both.

Yesterday was a wonderful day! We met 22 people for my birthday brunch. We were given a great area where we were semi private. A LOT of funny stuff going on..

Today my sis and I (pending weather) are going on a hike on one of our trails here in Sun City. Looks kinda rainy and cool now but it's suppose to brighten up later. 

Like Roy, I had a stinker boss for a few years. Could not wait to move on. A good boss makes all the difference in being happy in your career. I was a boss my last 4 years and always remembered my team told me I was a good team mate.

image.png.3d49d28f5a97202f874ad1f92dee10a5.png

Pasta day!! I love pasta and have had it 2 days in a row. Better have a big salad today.

image.png.840c002be8c392abb6bd13ef91846da7.png

Ann, the wine sounds.... interesting. Camphor? Tobacco?

The sun is about to rise, so going to fill my bird feeders and bird bath. 

Have a wonderful, awesome, happy week. Cheers, prayers and blessings. 

Happy birthday tomorrow Joy.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211019_100324.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

We had trouble with our TV on the NS last February.  We reported it and a tech came and pulled it out a bit and rebooted it.  We continued to have trouble with it and John just fixed it.  It was not an easy task involving climbing on the couch in our suite.  Sad it is an ongoing problem.  

After breakfast it is finally working. I hope it lasts. We are in a Vista and our TV is on the wall across from the bed. I can imagine it would be difficult above the couch. 

• Like 16

Good morning from a cool, windy central Texas.  The weather forecasters are saying it will be cloudy today and tomorrow, and I'm sitting here looking clearing skies and sun.  The clouds will probably come and go all day.  The high today is predicted as 72F, with the highs the next two days in the 60sF and lows between 39F and 48F.  The predicted heavy rain turned into two showers giving us a grand total of .22.  It looks like the roof did not leak, but we need one or two heavier rains to know for sure.

One of my bosses spoiled me for any others, and I have had one boss while not horrible lived up to his last name -- Lemon.  😄  For 32 years DH could have been called my boss, but mainly we each handled our duties independently.  We have pasta occasionally, and I like it a little more than DH.  I don't think I have anything gaudy to wear.

The Aldous Huxley quote is so true, and even more so now.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  I would not turn down the wine if offered to me.

Unfortunately, we have not been to Timaru, NZ.  While we've been to NA twice, we were never further south than Auckland.

@rafinmd  Roy, the lists looked empty without Sabine's name at the bottom.  I hope she is happy in whatever new position she has found.

@msmayor  The display bridal shower sounds like a lot of fun, and that's a great idea.  I also would not spend $650 for a Burberry infant coat that would be out grown soon.  However, some people who shop M-N would.   Your DD and DSIL's visit along with Miss Lana sounds like something everyone will benefit from, and I hope you get a lot of grandbaby time.

@SusieKIslandGirl  🎈 🎂  HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK!  🥂 🍾

@grapau27 Graham, I hope Pauline's Mam's memory day has a lot of meaning and that it is not to difficult for her.  I think we always miss our parents and grandparents after they are gone.

@aliaschief  Bruce, best wishes for good weather, safe on-time flights along with your luggage tomorrow.  🥂  BON VOYAGE 🍾  Enjoy both of your cruises.

@ger_77  Gerry, I hope flight ease can arrange your flights soon and with business class.  I'm sure if we were in that situation so close to leaving, we would be calling Flight Ease and not waiting for them to find something.  DH would probably have a couple of flights to suggest.

A pleasant surprise a few minutes ago.  The letter carrier delivered my new purse.  I guess the oversize boxes at the cluster box were full, and this box, definitely would not fit in our box.  The purse is a little bigger than I normally use, but my old one was getting rather stuffed.  The navy blue is more of a royal blue, but at under $25, I can live with it.

The dentist office just called and had an opening at 11, so I'll get that behind me two hours earlier.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

I have only skimmed the Fleet Report and Daily for the past eight days. Sea days from   Vancouver to Hawaii were smooth and relaxing. This is my first time in Hawaii and it is beautiful even with the heat and humidity. We got rain most of the day while in Hilo and I felt more at home.

I would have loved for that rain to fall in Skykomish. While we have been enjoying clean air to breathe, the Bolt  Creek fire rages on back home. Highway 2 has been closed more than opened. The pastor that was going to fill in for me while we are gone was not able to make it to church on the 9th. He did make it up to Skykomish on the 16th and then they closed the highway just after he headed back down the hill.

The incident command was saying the fire was 50% contained a couple days ago,  it then dropped back to 41% containment. Praying for moisture, preferably snow, but not much in the forecast and temperatures have been staying in the 80’s and high 70’s during the day.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, Dailyites.  Pat has gone off to golf, so I am on my own for a few hours.  Yesterday the smoke descended on us and we now have an air advisory.  It's coming from the mainland somewhere, and is due to hang around for a few days.  Then there is the "possibility" of some rain on the weekend.  I'm definitely praying for rain.  

Happy Birthday to @Seasick Sailor and @SusieKIslandGirltomorrow, and I hope for good memories for Pauline, 4 years after her mother's passing.  My cousin here and I talk often about our parents and what fun they had.  We miss them;  we're much more boring!    I think of the words of St. Thomas More "Pray for me, as I will for thee, that we may all merrily meet in heaven."  I'm sure they are all having a merry time up there.

I haven't been to the port of the day, and I like the sound of the meal.  We have a cruise booked next year which includes an overnight in Istanbul, and I think that might be a good place to look for it.  Hopefully, I will remember....

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning All,

Its Carpet Cleaning Day here, and our tech is hard at work. Looking forward to clean carpets when they dry.

DH wanted me to post this. It’s dinner last night. I made Martha Stewart’s Normandy Style Pork Stew and it was a hit. It looked good in the magazine that I was reviewing before passing it on, and ended up making a copy. 

https://www.marthastewart.com/1554730/normandy-style-pork-stew

3E390679-6C14-4D82-BB5A-226889B05848.thumb.jpeg.8a55549c479064c0f125338b40c6bd16.jpegCEC179C6-A052-4F16-8793-381AC7976E2A.thumb.jpeg.891c58ea7d36d85d590bcdc5e0873322.jpeg

It received an enthusiastic approval from our Chief Taster.

07A4BF0A-3AC6-46C8-934E-2F2DC5829A37.thumb.jpeg.3ef4c8d37e520c94d9fe171a9ddd5cfa.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 26

Good afternoon from dreary New Brunswick.  guess I better not complain as we are in for more heavy rain starting tonight / tomorrow.

Nice combination of days!  I was a boss for a number of years - far prefer being a team player than a boss.  That quote by Huxley is so true.

Tina @0106the meal sounds like one I would like to try - not make it, mind you but try if if someone made it for me 😉

Happy pre-birthday day to our twins @Seasick Sailor& @SusieKIslandGirl

So glad to hear your TV is working @Sharon in AZHope it stays that way.

Love the idea of the bridal shower @msmayor

Your dinner looks delish @TiogaCruiser

Have a great Monday, all.  Stay safe and well.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Being retired I have no boss. I love pasta, but limit eating it due to the carbs. I don't think I own anything gaudy. Very true quote.

I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine (a bit pricey for me).

I've been to NZ, but not Timaru.

It's quite windy out, and we won't even get to 50F. A freeze is likely overnight, and snowflakes tomorrow and Wednesday! I found a piece of what looks like flashing in the yard, so I emailed the roofer and he will come by to check it out. I slept much better last night; I did drink about 16 oz of PowerAde last evening. Tomorrow I go for my US and I think I'll get my blood tests done while I'm there.

@grapau27 Nice breakfast. Hugs for Pauline during this difficult remembrance week.

@msmayor That sounds like a nice way to have the shower. I'm sure you're happy to have Lana visiting soon.

@aliaschief Safe travels tomorrow!

@RedneckBob I also thought Barry White when I saw the name of the drink. And why doesn't the picture show a blue drink?

@HAL4NOW Enjoy Hawaii! Sorry to hear the Bolt Creek Fire is still raging; hopefully there will be rain or snow there.

@TiogaCruiser That's a great looking meal.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List. Also prayers for our city - lots of juvenile shootings going on here; so sad and scary as innocents have gotten caught in the crossfire.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Being retired I have no boss. I love pasta, but limit eating it due to the carbs. I don't think I own anything gaudy. Very true quote.

It's quite windy out, and we won't even get to 50F. A freeze is likely overnight, and snowflakes tomorrow and Wednesday! I found a piece of what looks like flashing in the yard, so I emailed the roofer and he will come by to check it out. I slept much better last night; I did drink about 16 oz of PowerAde last evening. Tomorrow I go for my US and I think I'll get my blood tests done while I'm there.

@grapau27 Nice breakfast. Hugs for Pauline during this difficult remembrance week.

@msmayor That sounds like a nice way to have the shower. I'm sure you're happy to have Lana visiting soon.

@RedneckBob I also thought Barry White when I saw the name of the drink. And why doesn't the picture show a blue drink?

@HAL4NOW Enjoy Hawaii! Sorry to hear the Bolt Creek Fire is still raging; hopefully there will be rain or snow there.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to the Celebration List. Also prayers for our city - lots of juvenile shootings going on here; so sad and scary as innocents have gotten caught in the crossfire.

Stay safe everyone.

Thank you Vanessa.

Tonight's dinner.

IMG_20221017_164159.jpg

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a cool, windy central Texas.  The weather forecasters are saying it will be cloudy today and tomorrow, and I'm sitting here looking clearing skies and sun.  The clouds will probably come and go all day.  The high today is predicted as 72F, with the highs the next two days in the 60sF and lows between 39F and 48F.  The predicted heavy rain turned into two showers giving us a grand total of .22.  It looks like the roof did not leak, but we need one or two heavier rains to know for sure.

One of my bosses spoiled me for any others, and I have had one boss while not horrible lived up to his last name -- Lemon.  😄  For 32 years DH could have been called my boss, but mainly we each handled our duties independently.  We have pasta occasionally, and I like it a little more than DH.  I don't think I have anything gaudy to wear.

The Aldous Huxley quote is so true, and even more so now.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  I would not turn down the wine if offered to me.

Unfortunately, we have not been to Timaru, NZ.  While we've been to NA twice, we were never further south than Auckland.

@rafinmd  Roy, the lists looked empty without Sabine's name at the bottom.  I hope she is happy in whatever new position she has found.

@msmayor  The display bridal shower sounds like a lot of fun, and that's a great idea.  I also would not spend $650 for a Burberry infant coat that would be out grown soon.  However, some people who shop M-N would.   Your DD and DSIL's visit along with Miss Lana sounds like something everyone will benefit from, and I hope you get a lot of grandbaby time.

@SusieKIslandGirl  🎈 🎂  HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK!  🥂 🍾

@grapau27 Graham, I hope Pauline's Mam's memory day has a lot of meaning and that it is not to difficult for her.  I think we always miss our parents and grandparents after they are gone.

@aliaschief  Bruce, best wishes for good weather, safe on-time flights along with your luggage tomorrow.  🥂  BON VOYAGE 🍾  Enjoy both of your cruises.

@ger_77  Gerry, I hope flight ease can arrange your flights soon and with business class.  I'm sure if we were in that situation so close to leaving, we would be calling Flight Ease and not waiting for them to find something.  DH would probably have a couple of flights to suggest.

A pleasant surprise a few minutes ago.  The letter carrier delivered my new purse.  I guess the oversize boxes at the cluster box were full, and this box, definitely would not fit in our box.  The purse is a little bigger than I normally use, but my old one was getting rather stuffed.  The navy blue is more of a royal blue, but at under $25, I can live with it.

The dentist office just called and had an opening at 11, so I'll get that behind me two hours earlier.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

• Like 7

Well, I survived another visit to the dentist's office, not my favorite place.  The hygienist is nice, gentle and thorough, but fairly quick, and it may be that I switched to an electric toothbrush several years ago  It has made a great difference.

I did get a slight scare while there, but not from the dental work.  While the hygienist was working, my phone rang.  Of course, my first thought was DH and something was wrong.  It turned out it was older DD checking up on how things were going.  I explained where I was and called her back later.  While I was in town, I got my errands run, and am now finishing the laundry.

4 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

I have only skimmed the Fleet Report and Daily for the past eight days. Sea days from   Vancouver to Hawaii were smooth and relaxing. This is my first time in Hawaii and it is beautiful even with the heat and humidity. We got rain most of the day while in Hilo and I felt more at home.

I would have loved for that rain to fall in Skykomish. While we have been enjoying clean air to breathe, the Bolt  Creek fire rages on back home. Highway 2 has been closed more than opened. The pastor that was going to fill in for me while we are gone was not able to make it to church on the 9th. He did make it up to Skykomish on the 16th and then they closed the highway just after he headed back down the hill.

The incident command was saying the fire was 50% contained a couple days ago,  it then dropped back to 41% containment. Praying for moisture, preferably snow, but not much in the forecast and temperatures have been staying in the 80’s and high 70’s during the day.

I am glad you are enjoying Hawaii. I was sorry to read that the Bolt Creek fire is still causing so many problems and is not contained yet.  Sending positive thoughts that you get some rain there soon.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Stay safe everyone.

Vanessa, I'm you got a better night's sleep last night.  I hope the flashing you found is not causing a problem.

Lenda

• Like 15

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Stay safe everyone.

I chose the raspberry drink not the blue curaçao.  So it could be blue or red. 😃

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We have gotten some important things done in the last two days.  About a year ago I checked out some WillMaker software from the library and printed out a will for each of us.  However, we never got around to getting it witnessed, mainly because we haven't had friends over in the last two years.  Last week I checked it out again and loaned it to some friends so they could also do their wills.  They came over yesterday with their will and they witnessed and signed ours and we did the same for them.  Also yesterday we went to the Bangor Submarine base to get our flu and covid boosters.  Got the flu shot, but they didn't have Moderna, so we went to Costco today and got that.  Also stopped at the Navy Hospital this morning to see Sara's eye doctor as a follow up to her cataract surgery a month ago.  All is fine; one eye is 20/20, the other isn't that good so she will need to see an optician for new glasses.  Her vision is definitely better.  Last week she had me vacuuming some spider webs that she could now see on the ceiling.

Ray

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, USN59-79 said:

About a year ago I checked out some WillMaker software from the library and printed out a will for each of us.  However, we never got around to getting it witnessed, mainly because we haven't had friends over in the last two years.  Last week I checked it out again and loaned it to some friends so they could also do their wills.  They came over yesterday with their will and they witnessed and signed ours and we did the same for them. 

I used the software in 2013 when  I was having surgery on short notice and realized that my will was far out of date and intended for a different state, with too little time to have a lawyer draw it up. The downside, in my state, is that if it's also sworn before a notary, it's self-proving; since we didn't do that, the witnesses could be required to appear in court before it could enter probate. One is older than I am.

• Like 5

Thanks for the Daily news  and the locations of the HAL Fleet  As I posted the last occasion that Timaru was the port of the day, several yers ago, our .Travel Agent invited us to visit the Statendam while the ship was in Timaru.  Had a lovely visit little realising that in the near future we would board the Statendam in San Diego for a 28 day cruise to Fort Lauderdale, return to San Diego, so enjoyed the Panama Canal twice.

We stayed in Timaru for a few days last year.

@aliaschief best wishes to you and DW for safe travelling, 

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 8

Hi Everyone,

A quick hello to let you all know that we had a good flight from Barbados to Miami.  Now in the Admirals Club Lounge waiting for our connection to Jacksonville.

Will spend the night at the Courtyard by Marriott and drive home (wherever that may be) tomorrow.

Will check in tomorrow sometime.

Good night and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2