Diamond vouchers with the new drink prices

maxsales

I admit too being pretty much a Royal rookie, as my Diamond status comes by way of celebrity.  So that being said I am not in the know about how the current voucher system works.  What I do know is that we receive four vouchers per day (24 hours).  Now for the questions

1. Do we receive vouchers on the fist day?
  2. With the current drink prices being $14.00 and the voucher being for $13.00 do we pay the deference ($1.00) or pay the entire price?
  3. Can be vouchers be used in main dining or specialty restaurants for a drink or glass of wine?

Appreciate the responses and clarification.

19 minutes ago, maxsales said:

1. Do we receive vouchers on the fist day? YES
  2. With the current drink prices being $14.00 and the voucher being for $13.00 do we pay the deference ($1.00) or pay the entire price?  As mentioned by cruzndeb, up to $14 will be covered.  Anything over pays the difference.
  3. Can be vouchers be used in main dining or specialty restaurants for a drink or glass of wine?

Appreciate the responses and clarification.  We did.  We just told them we wanted to use a Diamond voucher, and there was never an issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is not a "paper" voucher.  It is loaded on your pass and yes it starts the first day.    You should have a letter in your cabin explaining your Diamond benefits.  The coffee machine in the Diamond lounge was one of our favorite benefits. We got most of our points on Celebrity as well.  We really enjoyed using the vouchers and did so mostly in the restaurants including the main dining room.  Enjoy!

• Like 2

Not to hijack this thread....but have a question on the diamond vouchers and DX package.

My wife and I will be diamond after our next cruise.

If I am diamond and buy the DX beverage package, can I use my 4 vouchers for drinks that I can give to my wife who is not on the DX package?  I know I am not allowed to give her a drink that I got via the DX package - and totally agree with that policy.

I was thinking that the vouchers are mine to do with as I please.  (or hope so)

The idea is that she doesn't drink more than 8 a day anyway, so no need for her to get the DX package.  She could use our combined daily vouchers instead.   I would still get the DX. 

Thanks for any information provided.

12 minutes ago, paross4 said:

Not to hijack this thread....but have a question on the diamond vouchers and DX package.

My wife and I will be diamond after our next cruise.

If I am diamond and buy the DX beverage package, can I use my 4 vouchers for drinks that I can give to my wife who is not on the DX package?  I know I am not allowed to give her a drink that I got via the DX package - and totally agree with that policy.

I was thinking that the vouchers are mine to do with as I please.  (or hope so)

The idea is that she doesn't drink more than 8 a day anyway, so no need for her to get the DX package.  She could use our combined daily vouchers instead.   I would still get the DX. 

Thanks for any information provided.

Yes, you can.  They are yours to do as you please.  However, you will need to get your wife at least the refreshment package in order to get the DBP for yourself.  

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Isn't it the difference plus gratuity? 

The voucher covers any drink up to $14    If you wish to tip the bartender you may do so as cash or add a tip to the receipt they will give you to sign.    Personally, I tip cash per drink.    

The vouchers also work on the last morning of a cruise.   I use them to get my morning latte while having breakfast then grab another one to go for our drive home.   Or if you are out late the night before new vouchers reset to your sea pass after midnight every night. 

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Yes, you can.  They are yours to do as you please.  However, you will need to get your wife at least the refreshment package in order to get the DBP for yourself.  

Thanks, that would be the plan.  Appreciate the reply.  Have a great Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The voucher covers any drink up to $14    If you wish to tip the bartender you may do so as cash or add a tip to the receipt they will give you to sign.    Personally, I tip cash per drink.    

The vouchers also work on the last morning of a cruise.   I use them to get my morning latte while having breakfast then grab another one to go for our drive home.   Or if you are out late the night before new vouchers reset to your sea pass after midnight every night. 

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

Hmm, not sure but probably so!🤔

I had a brain fart, senior moment or just not comprehending. 😵 For some reason I was thinking beverage package and not CAS drinks. I'll raise my hand next time when I get behind.  🍷

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, maxsales said:

I admit too being pretty much a Royal rookie, as my Diamond status comes by way of celebrity.  So that being said I am not in the know about how the current voucher system works.  What I do know is that we receive four vouchers per day (24 hours).  Now for the questions

1. Do we receive vouchers on the fist day?
  2. With the current drink prices being $14.00 and the voucher being for $13.00 do we pay the deference ($1.00) or pay the entire price?

Appreciate the responses and clarification.

On the first day, there will be 4 drinks loaded on your card when you board. At midnight that day, and every day after that, 4 more drinks will be loaded on your card. If you run out of drinks one day and you are still partying after midnight, you'll have 4 more you can use. Be aware that if you use all of them right after midnight, they won't be there during the following day.

• Like 1

We took the Celebity Eclipse in September and were pleasantly surprised that Celebrity still has the happy hour at most bars.  We are diamond and did not have the beverage package.  We only have a couple drinks a day.So there you go.  

3 hours ago, fenton04 said:

We took the Celebity Eclipse in September and were pleasantly surprised that Celebrity still has the happy hour at most bars.  We are diamond and did not have the beverage package.  We only have a couple drinks a day.So there you go.  

We prefer Celebrity's CC HH before the shut down when it was held in the Sky Lounge with snacks from 5 to 7 PM. Glad RC is still continuing on with the CAS HH nightly in the DL from 5 to 8 PM with the small buffet.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Think poster meant automatic add on Gratuity that is added on purchased drinks, like also pay 18% on the difference for more expensive Drinks...

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, a tiki specialty in Bamboo Rm is $1.18

I do remember paying a buck something above the Diamond drink price for the Bamboo Room's "special" cocktail; however, I was not impressed. One and done for me. Maybe it was the closed off atmosphere of that space on the Mariner, as it seemed more intimate, maybe for a group of people to socialize. The 2 of us kind of felt "cut off" from the rest of the ship. I did enjoy seeing the moving and talking pictures of the parrots hanging on the wall around the room! They look like regular pictures, when all of a sudden the parrot comes to life and starts talking, which will startle you if you're not ready for it! LOL! That was a great touch for the room!

4 hours ago, SilkySal said:

I do remember paying a buck something above the Diamond drink price for the Bamboo Room's "special" cocktail; however, I was not impressed. One and done for me. Maybe it was the closed off atmosphere of that space on the Mariner, as it seemed more intimate, maybe for a group of people to socialize. The 2 of us kind of felt "cut off" from the rest of the ship. I did enjoy seeing the moving and talking pictures of the parrots hanging on the wall around the room! They look like regular pictures, when all of a sudden the parrot comes to life and starts talking, which will startle you if you're not ready for it! LOL! That was a great touch for the room!

I didn't see the parrots. 😪

We were a group of 6 it was fun. 

I liked banana colada, but next time, no cinnamon. My son said basic Mai Tai was exceptional.  Used triple sec instead of orange juice.

• Like 1