Have I made a mistake, or am I just overthinking it?

So, we have planned a cruise for 2023 on the Radiance of the Seas. This is our first time on a Royal Caribbean cruise.  

We wanted a balcony cabin  and saw that cabin 8604 seemed to have a different shaped balcony that is larger than most, so we grabbed it. I knew that it had an adjoining cabin, but didn’t think much of it at the time because we were (and still are) excited about our cruise.

I know that everyone’s experience is different, but have you ever stayed in a cabin that was adjoining another?  And if so, any problem with excessive noise or any other issues?

trying to figure out if I made a mistake or just my brain overthinking stuff. And if I should call and see about changing cabins.

thoughts?

8 minutes ago, rebeltech8 said:

So, we have planned a cruise for 2023 on the Radiance of the Seas. This is our first time on a Royal Caribbean cruise.  

We wanted a balcony cabin  and saw that cabin 8604 seemed to have a different shaped balcony that is larger than most, so we grabbed it. I knew that it had an adjoining cabin, but didn’t think much of it at the time because we were (and still are) excited about our cruise.

I know that everyone’s experience is different, but have you ever stayed in a cabin that was adjoining another?  And if so, any problem with excessive noise or any other issues?

trying to figure out if I made a mistake or just my brain overthinking stuff. And if I should call and see about changing cabins.

thoughts?

Be worry free, call and change. We had a connecting on Independence a few years ago. When the other cabin opened the balcony door it sounded like a jet plane bursting through the connecting door.  Maintenance came up and used a roll of duct tape to seal it up.

Edited by taglovestocruise

I have had interior non-adjoining cabins and adjoining cabins. The noise is directly dependent on how considerate your neighboring cabins are and the cruise in general. One of my noisiest cruises had nothing to do with my neighborhood and everything to do with energetic youths running around and playing hide-n-seek during the early morning hours.

Hard to predict and even harder to ensure that you have the perfect cabin.

Oh, if you do switch , i would avoid those extended balconies at the back side of the ship . I had one and didnt like the fact that everyone above you could  look down on you.

Think it was deck 7 ?

We try to avoid adjoining cabins when booking.  And for those times we had no choice, we have been very lucky and have had quiet neighbors.

* Currently onboard the Navigator, Deck 12, balcony...adjoining cabins.  We placed a towel under the door. Our neighbors are quiet. The problem is the noise coming from the open deck above us...and the "golf dunes".

2 hours ago, rebeltech8 said:

thoughts?

Take a sound machine or use the white noise app on your phone at night if the noise bothers you. I have a travel sound machine that has a USB port and charger for it. I sleep like a baby. 

There is absolutely no noise difference between an adjoining and a non-adjoining cabin.  There are back-to-back doors between the two cabins.  If anything, that might be a bit MORE of a sound dampener than just the wall.  But this is a total non-issue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UnregisteredUser said:

Just make sure that your cabin neighbours aren't on their honeymoon. If so, switch cabin ASAP..

With RCG at 105% capacity and climbing, the chances of being able to move once on board are pretty slim. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rebeltech8 said:

thoughts?

Oh criminy, we are booked on Radiance of the Seas next year in cabin 8606, the one that connects with yours. I'm sure it's not the same week, BUT, how noisy are you?

Do you smoke that wacky tobacky on the balcony? 

Do you snore like a freight train at night?

We don't smoke and are very quiet. Of course, Mrs. Dawg says I snore l but I don't believe her.

I've never heard me snoring! But I have been dreaming that I'm one of those Artimus rockets lately. 🤔

• Haha 1