The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday February 6th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Today is International Frozen Yogurt Day, Lame Duck Day, and National Chopsticks Day

Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing.--Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

Meal Suggestion for today - Beef Taco Soup
Drink of the Day - Jim Beam Ginger Highball
Wine of the Day - Quartz Reef Pinot Noir Central Otago Bendigo Estate 2020
Destination of the Day - Zeebrugge, Bruges, Belgium

Eurodam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 15:00

Koningsdam

Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island, Hawaii 08:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Grand Cayman Island, George Town Harbour eta 2-07

Nieuw Statendam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 08:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Puerto Madryn, Argentina eta 2-07

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Philipsburg St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles eta 2-07

Volendam

At Sea Destination Puerto Madryn, Argentina eta 2-08

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Cartagena Colombia eta 2-07

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Melbourne, Victoria Australia eta 2-08

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Port Blair, South Andaman Island, India eta 2-08

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Sydney, NSW Australia eta 2-09

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIydBDSq26GTw2qcUI10ZyrUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1675678341

Caribbean 

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIMpWJeQVhfriHo5u3i_7-LV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1675678341

Sandi for Roy and Rich

• Like 26
  • Thanks 13

Today’s care list:

RIP Hal Sailer’s DSIL 2/3/23

RIP Cat Shepard’s nephew 2/4/23

RIP Bennybear’s aunt 2/5/23

Fall for Joy injuring elbow and rib

Roy showing some improvement

Jacqui still with splint on problem elbow

Marshhawk’s friend in a coma after falling

Tupper10 back went out & son in hospital

From the rotation:

Rowsby in need of shoulder replacement

No word from Scrapnana
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome home Kochleffel

Heartgrove’s DW and DSIL nearly back to normal

Luvteaching DH having a good day

Aliaschief in Cancun until 2/14
1 day for Cruzin Terri (Oceania Sirena 2/7 to 2/19)

1 day for Norseh2o (Oceania Marina 2/7 to 4/6)

5 days for StLouisCruisers (Sky Princess 2/11 to 2/18)

Dobiemom (Norwegian Encore to 2/12),  0106 (Rotterdam 2/4 to 2/15), Lindaler and Ottahand7 (Volendam  to 3/18), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam  to 5/12) at sea

• Like 22
  • Thanks 14

Good morning friends!  Once again I am struggling with my computer as everything I do seems to just sit and spin instead of working properly.  Everything says Timed Out so I'm behind schedule!  I will continue on here until Rich's link comes up.  

It's 42F, the sky is clear with a beautiful full moon.  High today will be 64 with sunshine all day. Thanks go to Rich for creating the content ahead of time for our Daily, and now he can enjoy his World Cruise knowing we are enjoying it every day.  That is if our computers are working.  Today's celebration days are International Frozen Yogurt Day which I would be happy about but I don't have any.  I have nothing to say about Lame Duck Day.  National Chopsticks Day is great, if you are nimble enough to use them.  The Harper Lee quote is interesting.  Beef taco soup sounds like a tasty dish so will see how Debbie would prepare it.  No thanks to the drink and wine.  

Prayers for those on the Care list and anyone else who needs them.  We have had way too many deaths of loved ones the past few days.  There are also a huge amount of falls being reported. Everyone needs to take special care and not climb up on ladders or chairs.  And watch those stairs!  Cheers to the celebrants today,  For those on ships I hope the seas calm down because that seems to be a problem lately too.  

Our port of the day is Zeebrugge (Bruges), Belgium.   Rich posted this port first on February 26, 2022.  Here is the link to it (finally!).

We were in Bruge in 2015 and 2019.  On our second visit to Brugge we were on Prinsendam too (our last cruise on her May 2019).  We took the shuttle to Blankenberge as well, bought our tickets for the train to Brugge and then back again. 

On May 8, 2015 our ship Royal Princess stopped in Zeebrugge, Belgium.  We took a tour from Princess and were driven to the town of Brugge.  We had heard a lot about it but it really was stunning.  I've described it as a fairy tale medieval town with beauty around every corner.  Our tour guide walked us from the parking lot to the edge of the old city.  Right away we saw sights like this.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLFUHskhnZ4k3RfkETer5bR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194358

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJGSlOfURh0AuY7HcyEvYPl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188370

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI_5XRp2q9uE7aPBadNUBYP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194361

Part of our tour was this boat ride along the canals.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKNJFIf6jEKoL_JonrTw6fm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194367

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKcTOUaCmfnGdOEWQmIfrHM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188663

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI5c2gQA1hY0hMvcwAwvxIn?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188667

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLxylZQke61hlMltm_z0W9D?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188626

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLkfyHI05c8JaeWWB-7FGdK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188591

Yep, that's his favorite spot!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI5woERxqIwjHor0xp4twbG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188594

Aren't the flowerpots on the wall a cute idea?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJajgxVRg1v-O3CUoIJ_mWQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188630

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJXykX9BdFBKU-tQgpYvFJ0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188653

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLhS8B5g5HBWXOUkxY09Tfp?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188686

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJtm-TlELHkduPgcNpEsOCE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188697

Time to stop for DH's beer before the tour ends.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL9eeSzir6-5-H-JnOtEk8W?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435188394

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJsISmdkYmyUV0caxxuHwr_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435189035

The following photos were taken May 17, 2019 when we took the train to Brugge.  So many good things to sample there if you're hungry or thirsty.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVId9rCjNGsWnVqIKflh4NyY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794949

waffles!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLChpePET8a-qEEGjrlHBsm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794952

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8M_O2v0H5qVl7BUlPWdeE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794965

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKDdahDJ2NCfObUL8UMdhy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794763

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKYloGpvTyToR0eVS2aT5HU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558794764

Brugge buildings on these curtains.  Love that!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJXH9Le2qYGU-FmU1enGafA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558791278

Ready to board our train back to Zeebrugge.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI8Nris4fDCp3qP8vou-jis?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558795003

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIbx9BvkR3qd_w-N05la7a0?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1558791252

Have a great day everyone!  

• Like 28
  • Thanks 10

Good morning Daily-ites. Sandi wow, up well before the crack of dawn! Thank you for taking over for Roy. 

Woke in pain so I'm nursing a cup of tea and on the heating pad. I'm calling 1st thing this morning to the clinic. Other than my elbow I don't see any bruises but any slight move feels like a stab to my left side.

Dinner was fun last night, although our local pub was jam packed and so slow we almost missed the concert 2 minutes away. One couple waited an hour and 15 minutes and never got to eat. I gave them our take out beef quesadilla and they were happy. The concert was fun. The Diamonds played Broadway hits and one of the old time Diamonds singers is still playing after 48 years and he was great!

Tonight is Game Night and Italian dinner. I'm making an antipasto dish.

Prayers to all on our prayer lists, I have a book as well. Thinking of Roy, Jacqui, Sarah, Kathi, Tupper10, and to all who have lost their loved ones.

image.png.6df4328bf7114ff577420a9c3e5adc75.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Sandi we appreciate you getting up so bright and early and getting the Daily started!👏🏻👏🏻 We dined out last night and enjoyed sharing a whole sea bass that was delicious. Walked backed to the resort and enjoyed a nightcap sitting on our balcony enjoying the beauty of a full moon shining over the Caribbean Sea. Picture was posted in yesterday’s Daily.

Not sure how today is going to work as the hourly weather reports show 30-50% chance of precipitation. Nothing we can do about it so will wait and see.

We will be preparing our own dinner tonight and will be saving some Pesos!

Do hope you all have a great and stay healthy good news week.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.4c31ea2eafaad794ce4227bee3b05ada.jpegimage.jpeg.2b3be3a5d1d0fcaa80e619cc87f6c339.jpegimage.jpeg.0797752156d6f2575ef86cb4849b3e3a.jpegimage.jpeg.f83e3437bf8daa027fd1b147f09e3234.jpeg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

The really cold weather has passed, for now.  Today we should have a high of -2°C and chance of flurries.

I like frozen yogurt.  Not too sure what to make of Lame Duck Day.  I'm not very good with chopsticks.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I'll pass on the drink, hope the wine is good.

Thanks for the pictures from Zeebrugge, maybe someday we'll get there.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 25

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report. Woke up this morning to the smell of skunk, I think they have a home under the neighbors shed.   DH’s car wouldn’t start this morning so he’s working from home while he figures out how to get it running again.  I suspect it’s the battery.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds like something I’d enjoy, I look forward to @dfish recipes and pictures.  Tonight’s dinner will be a leftover pork roast.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.dfd67bb4fb07f12c34bb0bbd9626a527.png

• Like 20
  • Haha 9

Good morning from Day 2 waiting to return home to our cabin. We stopped in coming back from breakfast and the entire hall was ice cold. We went into the cabin and we found out why, the balcony door was propped open probably to facilitate cleaning the air in there. I stopped to grab my orange blouse for Orange party tonight but I couldn't find it.  Will require a more diligent search or it got lost in the laundry. It has clear sequins on it just the thing that could have a mishap in the laundry. I have my orange shawl that I bought at Walgreens for $5 to wear on Orange night.

Thanks for doing both the Daily and the Care and Celebration lists for us @StLouisCruisers!  Thank you for the magical pictures of Bruges!

Prayers for Roy, Kathi and Jacqui and for those on our lists. Prayers for the people of Ukraine. 

Our night was pitching seas but I slept well even with all the noise below us.  It is now partly sunny and fairly calm seas. Another sea day, gym, more reading and Kindle "Scrabble" and dinner in the MDR.  The kitchens have done a marvelous job mixing up the menus.  Yesterday was a seafood extravaganza in the Lido at lunch. So many choices that all looked beautiful. Probably why there was zero wait at the salad bar.  Food in the MDR has not been too repetitive. I am afraid we will be totally spoiled for our next trip which in 2024 which is  winter escape going round and round the Caribbean. One place that could break the mold on long cruises is the PG. It never changes and for us folks that use it as an escape from dressy night it does get repetitive.  Perhaps add in a few up sized entrees from their lunch menu. 

Have a great day! Nancy 

• Like 31

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for looking after the daily and posting all the lists in Roy and Rich's absence.

Super photos of Brugge.

We have been to Zeebrugge many times on cruises and often just get the ships shuttle to the nice town of Blankenburg.

Interesting days and food today.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list and condolences to those who have recently lost loved ones.

Take care everyone.

Graham x

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing

This is one of my favorite quotes because reading is essential for me too.  A bit of context, Scout enjoyed reading with her father Atticus every night.  On her first day of school her teacher told her to stop reading with her father, she needed to learn the “right” way to read.  Scout realized that how much she loved reading, it was necessary, like breathing.

The seas have calmed a bit.  I will celebrate chopstick day with dinner at Tamarind.  (I’ve posting a few comments about the cruise on the Rotterdam thread “Reporting from the Rotterdam 1/14-2/25)

Looking forward to all the comments and pictures of Zeebrugge, Bruges, Belgium; we will be visiting in October prior to our transatlantic.  

Thank to all who post on this thread.  Positive thoughts to all on the cares list.  Cheers to all who are celebrating.

Edited by 0106
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone. 

It was a long night and will be a longer day, I'm afraid.  I woke up at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep.  I made myself stay in bed until 6:15 am, but at most I dozed during that time.  Oh, well, this happens now and then.

Taco soup sounds good.  This recipe provides the basics and also gives great ideas on how to control the heat and what substitutions you can make.  I am intrigued by the idea of adding the dry ranch dressing mix.  https://www.cookingclassy.com/taco-soup/

1771657556_beeftacosoup1.thumb.jpg.e6455f8509cf8041dc04b87823bbb4f9.jpg

There is no ranch dressing in this recipe:  https://www.aheadofthyme.com/beef-taco-soup/

71230612_beeftacosoup2.thumb.jpg.30306aae594a33b8c9ca803304aa5952.jpg

This one looks to be the easiest so far.  It does call for the whole package of ranch dressing mix.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/simple-taco-soup/

1905527062_beeftacosoup3.thumb.jpg.451232face192de7f964d6ea08232ed1.jpg

And to top it off, we have this recipe from Ree Drummond.   https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a40410810/taco-soup-recipe/

1743507102_beeftacosoup4.jpg.17d3715cb89d2a5b3fa546bf6156b196.jpg

Here's hoping everyone got a better night's sleep than I did.  Wishing you all a wonderful day.  @Seasick Sailor I'm concerned about the pain in your ribs.  I hope you didn't break one and it is just a nasty sprain.  Glad you are calling the clinic.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

From the rotation:

No word from Scrapnana

Before heading out on the World Cruise @The-Inside-Cabin posted:

"Kathi, aka Scrapnana, had to cancel the world cruise at the last second. She was going to be one of our tablemates for the cruise. We stopped by to see her in the Broward County Hospital, where she is undergoing tests but remains in great spirits. We will miss her very much on this cruise."

Although they've been at sea since, I wonder if @The-Inside-Cabin has heard anything from Kathi and if they have any update on @Scrapnanathey can share?

Just a thought since there has been no other word since she flew home...

-Melisa

• Like 25

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Sandi! It is a gorgeous morning here after a very foggy night. 

Heading to the gym this morning, then Bindi walks and a quick visit to the vet. Maybe get out in the yard. 

69A1B569-65A4-4587-B336-89E09F8047B9.jpeg.890a99203dd9ff56cdc3072af717418c.jpeg

1B29BF90-B315-4E8B-BE92-F279050832E9.jpeg.85a8ffa3557c2689aca55f2d339c216d.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support: especially Jacqui, Joy,  Kathi, Roy, Sarah and Tana & @dfish Debbie’s DB on his knee replacement surgery. @bennybear Brenda, I am so sorry to read that you Aunt passed. Praying that those wonderful memories will help ease your pain. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Quartz Reef Pinot Noir Central Otago Bendigo Estate 2020

Another New Zealand Pinot Noir that sounds amazing. And it is available in North America! Several online distributors with prices starting at $36.95.

19/20 pts" - 19/20Raymond Chan Wine Reviews

"Deep, ruby-red with dark purple hues, lighter on edge. This has an enticing bouquet with black raspberries and cherries melded with thyme and sweet spice. Medium-full bodied, nuances of dark cherries, raspberries have a mineral edge, interweave thyme, sweet vanilla, star anise, black pepper and cloves. The fruit has excellent ripeness with concentration, showing multi layers and dimensions. Fine-grained, silky, tight-knitted tannins provide structure and grip. Lacy acid thread carries the core of fruit and sweet spice to a lingering, broody finish. This black-fruited Pinot Noir has structure and silky mouthfeel filled with delicate spice and mineral elements. Match with hare and lamb rack over the next 8+ years. Handpicked from Estate vineyard in Bendigo, fermented in small batches with a small percentage of whole clusters, cold-soaked for up to 7 days, indigenous yeast fermented to 14% alc, post maceration, total time on skins 19-24 days. Aged 12 months in French oak barriques, 28% new oak. Underwent wild MLF. Organic and Biodynamic certified.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 4

Hi!  Most of the ice and snow has melted now that the temperature has gone up.  We are in for a few "warmer" days, even though some posters on here wouldn't consider them warm.

I will pass on the food, drink and wine.  I've never been to the port, but it's lovely.  Thank you to everyone who posts pictures.  Thank you to everyone who posts for making this a nice place to be on a "Daily" basis. 

• Like 23

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites. Sandi wow, up well before the crack of dawn! Thank you for taking over for Roy. 

Woke in pain so I'm nursing a cup of tea and on the heating pad. I'm calling 1st thing this morning to the clinic. Other than my elbow I don't see any bruises but any slight move feels like a stab to my left side.

Dinner was fun last night, although our local pub was jam packed and so slow we almost missed the concert 2 minutes away. One couple waited an hour and 15 minutes and never got to eat. I gave them our take out beef quesadilla and they were happy. The concert was fun. The Diamonds played Broadway hits and one of the old time Diamonds singers is still playing after 48 years and he was great!

Tonight is Game Night and Italian dinner. I'm making an antipasto dish.

Prayers to all on our prayer lists, I have a book as well. Thinking of Roy, Jacqui, Sarah, Kathi, Tupper10, and to all who have lost their loved ones.

image.png.6df4328bf7114ff577420a9c3e5adc75.png

Joy, I'm sorry to hear about the sharp pain in your left side and hope nothing is broken there.  Please let us know what you find out at the clinic.  Prayers for healing!🙏  Nice to hear about your fun evening though. 

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! Sandi we appreciate you getting up so bright and early and getting the Daily started!👏🏻👏🏻 We dined out last night and enjoyed sharing a whole sea bass that was delicious. Walked backed to the resort and enjoyed a nightcap sitting on our balcony enjoying the beauty of a full moon shining over the Caribbean Sea. Picture was posted in yesterday’s Daily.

Not sure how today is going to work as the hourly weather reports show 30-50% chance of precipitation. Nothing we can do about it so will wait and see.

We will be preparing our own dinner tonight and will be saving some Pesos!

Do hope you all have a great and stay healthy good news week.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.4c31ea2eafaad794ce4227bee3b05ada.jpegimage.jpeg.2b3be3a5d1d0fcaa80e619cc87f6c339.jpegimage.jpeg.0797752156d6f2575ef86cb4849b3e3a.jpegimage.jpeg.f83e3437bf8daa027fd1b147f09e3234.jpeg

Bruce, I saw the full moon this morning shining in my window.  Your photo in yesterday's Daily was beautiful.  I hope the weather decides to clear up and fool the weatherman.  🌞

1 hour ago, seagarsmoker said:

Thanks for the Daily Report and I hope everyone has a great day! 

83947886_2825957437451034_9016822588529180672_n.jpg

Your photo is beautiful, too!  What a sky!  Is this taken in South Carolina?  It reminds me of the dunes in Corolla, North Carolina.  

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning from Day 2 waiting to return home to our cabin. We stopped in coming back from breakfast and the entire hall was ice cold. We went into the cabin and we found out why, the balcony door was propped open probably to facilitate cleaning the air in there. I stopped to grab my orange blouse for Orange party tonight but I couldn't find it.  Will require a more diligent search or it got lost in the laundry. It has clear sequins on it just the thing that could have a mishap in the laundry. I have my orange shawl that I bought at Walgreens for $5 to wear on Orange night.

Thanks for doing both the Daily and the Care and Celebration lists for us @StLouisCruisers!  Thank you for the magical pictures of Bruges!

Prayers for Roy, Kathi and Jacqui and for those on our lists. Prayers for the people of Ukraine. 

Our night was pitching seas but I slept well even with all the noise below us.  It is now partly sunny and fairly calm seas. Another sea day, gym, more reading and Kindle "Scrabble" and dinner in the MDR.  The kitchens have done a marvelous job mixing up the menus.  Yesterday was a seafood extravaganza in the Lido at lunch. So many choices that all looked beautiful. Probably why there was zero wait at the salad bar.  Food in the MDR has not been too repetitive. I am afraid we will be totally spoiled for our next trip which in 2024 which is  winter escape going round and round the Caribbean. One place that could break the mold on long cruises is the PG. It never changes and for us folks that use it as an escape from dressy night it does get repetitive.  Perhaps add in a few up sized entrees from their lunch menu. 

Have a great day! Nancy 

It's going to take quite a bit of work and luck to get those carpets dry!  Tomorrow the weather should start to warm up since you are due west of the Falklands today.  It always warmed up on the way to Argentinian ports.  Sorry about the lost blouse.  I hope it turns up soon.  After all, an orange sequined blouse should stand out!  I have to agree about the menu at Pinnacle Grill, especially for folks on extended cruises.  A new entree or two for you would help quite a bit.  Have a great day!

46 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone. 

It was a long night and will be a longer day, I'm afraid.  I woke up at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep.  I made myself stay in bed until 6:15 am, but at most I dozed during that time.  Oh, well, this happens now and then.

Taco soup sounds good.  This recipe provides the basics and also gives great ideas on how to control the heat and what substitutions you can make.  I am intrigued by the idea of adding the dry ranch dressing mix.  https://www.cookingclassy.com/taco-soup/

1771657556_beeftacosoup1.thumb.jpg.e6455f8509cf8041dc04b87823bbb4f9.jpg

There is no ranch dressing in this recipe:  https://www.aheadofthyme.com/beef-taco-soup/

71230612_beeftacosoup2.thumb.jpg.30306aae594a33b8c9ca803304aa5952.jpg

This one looks to be the easiest so far.  It does call for the whole package of ranch dressing mix.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/simple-taco-soup/

1905527062_beeftacosoup3.thumb.jpg.451232face192de7f964d6ea08232ed1.jpg

And to top it off, we have this recipe from Ree Drummond.   https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a40410810/taco-soup-recipe/

1743507102_beeftacosoup4.jpg.17d3715cb89d2a5b3fa546bf6156b196.jpg

Here's hoping everyone got a better night's sleep than I did.  Wishing you all a wonderful day.  @Seasick Sailor I'm concerned about the pain in your ribs.  I hope you didn't break one and it is just a nasty sprain.  Glad you are calling the clinic.

Debbie, the recipes and photos look great!  Thanks for providing them.  Wishing your brother and his surgeons a good day, and hope he heals quickly.  Maybe you could take a nap later to make up for your lost hours.  I'm always awake several hours before get out of bed time, so that's why the Daily is posted early.  Or at least I try to when the computer cooperates.  It's working fine right now, of course.🤔

26 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

Before heading out on the World Cruise @The-Inside-Cabin posted:

"Kathi, aka Scrapnana, had to cancel the world cruise at the last second. She was going to be one of our tablemates for the cruise. We stopped by to see her in the Broward County Hospital, where she is undergoing tests but remains in great spirits. We will miss her very much on this cruise."

Although they've been at sea since, I wonder if @The-Inside-Cabin has heard anything from Kathi and if they have any update on @Scrapnanathey can share?

Just a thought since there has been no other word since she flew home...

-Melisa

It's possible Kathi would contact Pete and Judy, and if she does I hope they are allowed to share her report.  Unfortunately, Cruise Critic may be the last thing on her mind right now.  Praying it's not as bad as we fear.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I like frozen yogurt, but it still doesn't beat good old fashioned ice cream.  Lame Duck Day - we need to acknowledge poor little ducks who can't walk properly!  (I'm being facetious, folks!)  I'm pretty good with chopsticks; DH, not so much.

Although it's still dark outside, the temperature is already at 0C (32F), and we're supposed to reach a high temp of +1 (33.8F) - it just means we're going to have daylight and nothing more today, which is fine - at least there's no snow.  Because it's going to be quite warm (it's all relative), I might start working on the snow covering the back patio.  I'll give it a try and see how it goes; if it's too hard, I'll call the Crocus Co-op people to come over and do it for us.

@bennybearI'm so sorry to hear of your Aunt's passing.

@Seasick Sailorget on that phone, girl and make the appointment; you don't need/want to be in pain!!!

Not a lot happening here today, I think I'll print off our passport renewal forms, get them filled out and make an appointment for photos with the motor club.  Our passports don't expire until October, but considering how long it seems to be taking, I think getting the forms in early is the best thing. 

This Canadian spy balloon was spotted recently flying over New York City:

Moose.thumb.jpg.6e5bb2318f6bb6c0d8b41471c978cf85.jpg

I like today's menu suggestion, but I've already got chicken breasts thawing.  I'll coat them in crumbs and parmesan and bake them in the air fryer.  Chicken, mashed potatoes and veggies will be what's happening on our kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who are in need, especially the people in Turkey and Syria who experienced the 7.8 earthquake in the middle of the night.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry 

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!  My computer is swapping 41 degrees and Sunny with the freezing thermometer picture saying feels colder. It is sunny.

Prayers for all of our friends who need them.

Prayers also included for all in Turkey and Syria affected by the huge earthquake.

My super happy moments recently have been being with you at the dailyies, and Britbox updating the new Seasons of Vera and Death in Paradise.

My memories of Bruges from visiting several times in the very early '60's was overdosing on Chocolate, and the beautiful lace.

C7esohKVYAApNx4.jpg

funny-cat-comics-scott-metzger-cartoons-fb2.png

cat-cartoon-alien-leader.jpg

• Like 20
  • Haha 8

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info.

National Lame Duck Day. Several days ago I accidentally shoot one of our ducks in the leg. I guess until it recovers it can celebrate this day; lame duck.

As far as National chopstick day. Now we know what brought down the ballon since our number one West Coast defense system did not work.

6F30323E-4FFC-4B8D-8810-D2CEB3E234F0.thumb.png.9ce9ee03ef64c74f8b16d96abdd83c9b.pngF7345AB4-B8F1-48FB-9BDB-DD60095FA1E0.thumb.png.a8c1bd864deb1cd26872fb6c1c17f1f9.png

• Like 18

AAA came to the house and DH needs a new battery.  Now he wishes that he listened to the car and me in November when it wouldn’t start.  He dropped it off at the dealership and should be ready this afternoon.  I signed myself into a “meeting “ so that I could pick him up and bring him home.  Better this happened at home than at work. 

• Like 20