The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday March 5th, 2023

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

One personality is enough for me, but I feel for those who suffer from multiple personality disorder. I supposedly was named after my DM saw the actress Vanessa Brown in movies or TV. I remember the days of sitting in the movie theater and hearing the clackity clack of the reel film. Good quote; BFF is someone I can (and have) call at any hour if need be. I've made today's meal; nowadays I'd sub out the potatoes. I'll pass on the drink and maybe on the wine.

I haven't been to  Boracay Island.

It is 44F and sunny; looks like it will be a nice day. I may run to Aldi later. Otherwise, just puttering around the house.

@StLouisCruisers Thank you for starting the FR/Daily today.

@grapau27 Hugs on this 11th memory of your late Dad. Thank you for Fr. David's sermon today.

@aliaschief Thanks for the memes.

@rafinmd I hope you can get past that 3AM wakeup.

@ger_77 Awww, what a sweet conversation your DS had with DGS. 

@ottahand7 I'm glad the boat rides yesterday on the Amazon were good, including seeing dolphins. Nice photos.

@smitty34877 Enjoy your visit with your friend, and kudos for helping her out.

@marshhawk Oh my on your knowing someone with MPD; I hope she got help. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the Manaus photos.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast for the Celebration List.

Be well everyone.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. A little cooler this morning (58) but should be in upper seventies this afternoon. We never made it to the beach yesterday but had an enjoyable day at home.

Won’t be long today as we have church this morning as we try and do every Sunday.

Today I may watch some of the NASCAR race from Las Vegas and maybe spend some time outdoors as it appears it’s going to be a beautiful day and week.

Thanks for the report and postings.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.2c0f53c230616a0272ad934b18bde70f.jpegimage.jpeg.80bea313431f2fb5f3ecb259e0a6223f.jpegimage.jpeg.9cf07fee55da1559828f653360a16e33.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.66e4ccbab914217c81a622e7ff82c330.jpegimage.jpeg.60a75d656460b5dc65569262634c8989.jpeg

Forgot to include that the guy at the doctors office looks stoned !

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

59 minutes ago, travelnap said:

Multiple personalities day.  Is that similar to split personalities squared or some other math equation?  Well as the old candy ad used to say, sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't.  As far as namesake day goes, that would be my cruise critic handle.  My two favorite things are Travel and Napping, so Travelnap it is.

It’s very simple travelnap. Redneck says split personalities is squared. Bob says split personalities is cubed. RedneckBob has no clue. I hope that makes everything clear.

By the way we’re you napping when you made this post!

• Like 9

This is the basic pot roast recipe I've used for decades, and it was my mother's recipe.  She also used the recipe to cook beef short ribs.  Over the years, I've tweaked it, adapted it first for a pressure cookers and then for the Instant Pot.  Recently, I started adding mushrooms.  I have never used tomato paste or Worcestershire sauce.  Now, I use baby carrots, and regular onions cut in wedges.  For just the two of us, I get the 2-3 pound roast and cut it into; then, cook one half.  I also adjust the amount of veggies. This gives us enough for two meals, and another roast for a later date.  We also like garlic, so I usually and another clove or two, but if Joy @Seasick Sailor was coming for dinner, I'd omit the garlic.

POT ROAST WITH VEGETABLES

2-3 lb. beef roast                                 2 cloves garlic, minced

2 t oil                                                    1 bay leaf

1 t salt                                                  3 peppercorns

1 t pepper                                            6 small carrots

1 onion, sliced                                     6 small onions

6 medium potatoes, quartered            1 c water

Mushrooms, sliced                              1 T cornstarch

¼ c flour                                              ½ c water

Cut meat into pieces, brown slowly on all sides in oil in bottom of cooker.  Pour off excess fat.  Put cooking rack in place and place meat on rack with garlic and sliced onion.  Add water and seasonings.  Cover and bring to cooking pressure.  Cook for 40 minutes.  Cool cooker.  Add vegetables.  Cover and bring to cooking pressure.  Cook for 7 to 10 minutes.  Cool cooker instantly.  Remove meat and vegetables to a hot platter and thicken liquid for gravy if desired. To thicken the liquid, mix 2 parts water with one part flour, plus 1T cornstarch.

At 12# pressure cook roast 50 minutes and vegetables 8½ minutes.

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7

I really enjoy a good pot roast. Growing up the aroma emanating from the kitchen when mom was cooking a pot roast dinner is so memorable. 

My favorite pot roast recipe is Betty Crocker’s New England Pot Roast. The jar of horseradish really enhances the taste and it is not spicy.

https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/new-england-pot-roast/62e7a5db-7c08-427e-a57f-6e1adf370797

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

Good morning.  For those sailing from port in San Diego, our newspaper is reporting that the port facility will be remodeled, as it’s currently unwelcoming.  It needs it.  They put a nice shopping and restaurant facility next door, but the port facility itself is just a big warehouse.  Looking forward to the improvements!

Multiple Personality Day brings to mind Dawn French in “Jam and Jerusalem.”  She really switched things up.   
Good quote.  We have a couple of “call anytime” friends and are fortunate to have them.

Never been to the Philippines.  The meal and beverages sound good.

That was good news from @Vict0riann yesterday that Pat is feeling better.  Sometimes they just need to prescribe those antibiotics.

There was some discussion on one of the World Cruise threads about sharing meals.  But I saw an even better suggestion.

4E7E7FEE-34A4-421F-811C-C1E48E931C08.jpeg.f30308dd0a165bb2160b870946ea30cb.jpeg

We’re off to brunch here soon.  Wishing everyone a joyful day.  Many thanks to those who organize and contribute to the Daily.

• Like 24

Good double Sunday morning Daily-ites! I love this! Crossed International Date Line:

0305230639.thumb.jpg.152e873f21014cf3f44d65c995f99124.jpg

Prayers lifted this morning for all in distress, not well, or mourning the loss of a loved one.

My niece has a cat that she loves so dearly. Her mouth cancer came back and she'll be crossing the Rainbow Bridge tomorrow.

We have been enjoying our cruise on the K. The food, drinks, service, weather and lots to do on board. 

Lenda, thank for thinking of me on the pot roast without adding garlic! 

It's good to hear news of San Diego's port to be remodeled. What a depressing room to walk into when embarking on a great adventure!

We will be dining in Pinnacle Grill tonight. I already have what I'm ordering on my mind. Mushroom soup and halibut. Yum!

Many thanks to all for the contributions Sandi, Ann, Vanessa, Dixie, Debbie..

Have a blessed day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,

I almost hate to admit it that I had a great sleep last night. My DGS had a sleepover with me and we slept well. Me 8 hours and he slept 12 hours.  His parents are jealous, they never get that break at home. Roy, I may have missed it when I was out of town did you get your sleep study results?

I love pot roast and may try it for today. I will eat off it for several days. I used to cook a big meal on Sundays for all to enjoy.  I am slowly getting back to cooking for one. 

When will the San Diego terminal remodeling be done? I sail out of San Diego next January. 

So many sad pet stories of late. Prayers out to those losing their best friends. 

I was the only one of 6 kids who was not named after someone. I never asked my parents why. 

I think we all have multiple personalities based on the situation and who we are with. I often told my children when they were snuggling with my mom and getting whatever they wanted that she was not the woman who raised me! Now I can truly say I turned into my mother. 

Have a great Sunday everyone. 

• Like 24

Good Afternoon from a warm and sunny day at the beach

I was named after my father and so was my brother. He Charles, me Charlene.  I have met many men named Charles but not many named Charlene`.

I would love a good pot roast, it is one of my favorite meals. I have a few very close friends that I know I could depend on regardless of the hour.

Not much happening here today which is a good thing. DD and I are going in the pool and that is about it.

Hope everyone is doing OK. I always include my Dailylite friends in my prayers.

Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisersfor keeping us going.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 20

Good morning all!

I'm sure that these kittens have multiple personalities. 🤣  Lots of interruptions this morning because of their shenanigans.  It will be very quiet here after we return them to DD this afternoon. 😉  

DH was named after his maternal grandfather, and his middle name is his mother's maiden name.  I wasn't named after anyone, but 2 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild were named after my Dad.

The drink and wine sound good, and the meal sounds very good but I would have to do it in the crock pot.  Tonight we'll be having the glazed pork chops in the crock pot that was the meal a few days ago. We've never been to the port today.

@ger_77Gerry how sweet what your DGS Parker said to his Dad.  Just makes your heart melt, doesn't it?

Lenda @Quartzsite CruiserHappy Birthday to your DH!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is currently 11.45am here in North East England and 46°F.

We had a lovely church service this morning and Father David acknowledged my dad's memory during prayers.

We are at the hall of remembrance now reading my dad's name in the book of remembrance.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230305_114122.jpg

Screenshot_20230305_113810.jpg

Screenshot_20230305_114157.jpg

Graham, I hope you have many happy thoughts and memories of your Dad on this, his remembrance day.

5 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia

Dailyites in the path of storms

Vict0riann’s DD and DH with health issues

Citizens of Ukraine/ New Zealand/Earthquake victims/E. Palestine & PA residents

From the rotation:

Summer slope’s kitty having problems

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Former President Jimmy Carter in home hospice care

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy

Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Mamaofami feeling better

Vict0riann’s Pat feeling better

Cruzin Terri’s tilers working at her house

Luvteaching’s DH at home

Bon Voyage TAW1963

RMLincoln family cruise (Rotterdam to 3/8), SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam to 3/11), Cruisercl (NCL Bliss to 3/12), TAW1963 (Ruby Princess 3/12), ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Suslor (Zaandam to 3/18), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

Thank you for the excellent Care and Celebration lists today Vanessa.  I've been thinking about when St. Louis Sal last posted.  Her last actual post was June 29, 2022, however on June 17, 2022 she talked about her sister and BIL coming to visit for two weeks and both of them came down with Covid.  Then her DD's came down with it followed by @St. Louis Saland her DH.  With her fragile health this could have been very dangerous for her.  I wish one of us knew of a way to contact her to see if she is okay.🙏  I can't recall any serious health problems for Julia @JAM37so hopefully it's nothing like that for her.

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I don't have multiple personalities, but I've had multiple names over the years.  Pretty sure I wasn't named after anyone.  My uncle was the projectionist at the theatre in our town; I remember going into the room with him and amazed at the size of the film reels.  I love the quote and hope I'm one of those friends.

Well it's dark and cold outside right now; we're sitting at -20C with a wind chill of -29C.  We're only going to go up about 4 degrees, so there won't be any outdoor activities happening for us.  What I have noticed, however, is that it's still daylight at 5:30PM, so that gives me hope that spring will eventually come.  LOL

I know many of my Daily friends are non-drinkers, and I hope this doesn't offend you.  A friend sent it to me late last night and it threw me into fits of laughter.  The last thing I remember before falling asleep is giggling about it.  DH laughed, but thought I was nuts because I couldn't stop laughing.

BabyYoda.thumb.jpg.9c30be9a5acd6e6879fe8bc480d4e0a7.jpg

Okay, I just have to share this with you - our DS sent me a message about a conversation he had with our 3 year old grandson.  It went like this:

Parker:  Wanna go to Grammas.

Dad:  Why's that?

Parker:  Gramma loves me.

Dad:  What about Mommy, Daddy, and big brother, don't we love you?

Parker:  Yah, but Gramma loves me a lot.

- I pretty much melted.  Can't wait to see them next month when we head to Calgary for his big brother's birthday.

I usually make a pot roast either in the oven or slow cooker (mostly slow cooker), but haven't used the Instant Pot for one.  I like the smell in the house when it's cooking, and think we'd miss that if I used the IP.  I don't have to worry about what to make for dinner, as DH's daughter has invited us over for dinner tonight.  Pretty sure we'll be having ham and scalloped potatoes (a specialty of hers), at her dining table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, that is quite a lovable conversation your DGS had with his Dad and very sweet of him to make sure you knew of it.  Enjoy your dinner out tonight.  I love scalloped potatoes with ham dinners.😋

3 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

Right now it is overcast and 32F but the sun is supposed to come out later and the temp is supposed to get into the 40s.  That is good enough to take advantage of and we will find a place for a nice hike/walk.  We may end up back at Dow Gardens because they do such a great job clearing the paths.

I think today's meal would be good if done in a slow cooker, the oven, or the instant pot.  The instant pot is for those late afternoons when you hit on pot roast as dinner for the day.  The slow cooker and oven are for when  you plan ahead.  

I think this one looks the best.  It is really a dish for @Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda with all the carrots.  https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/instant-pot-pot-roast-potatoes/

potroast1.thumb.jpg.ad55c37991b30a9111daeefe85801dba.jpg

This next one would create a wonderful aroma with the tomato paste, garlic, and worcestershire sauce along with the meat.  https://kristineskitchenblog.com/instant-pot-pot-roast/

potroast2.thumb.jpg.7cb6d43b5bb0c7d77afaef2d91397ddb.jpg

This next recipe comes from America's Test Kitchen.   https://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/classic-pot-roast-and-potatoes/

potroast3.jpg.a2a276ee4a07080c79a582de07af6745.jpg

Here is the Yorkshire pudding recipe.  https://www.seriouseats.com/the-best-yorkshire-pudding-popover-recipe

YorkshirePudding.thumb.jpg.804aec7db2e1c74226a082df3f26d0e3.jpg

This last recipe has a touch of horseradish in it.  That sounds really interesting to me.   https://amindfullmom.com/instant-pot-pot-roast/

potroast4.thumb.jpg.a33c569bb33e055de68722b6ce5aa55d.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Debbie, yum, all the recipes look so good, even the carrots!  Thank you for sharing.  Hope you enjoy the hike at Dow Gardens.  It's a beautiful place.

13 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good double Sunday morning Daily-ites! I love this! Crossed International Date Line:

Prayers lifted this morning for all in distress, not well, or mourning the loss of a loved one.

My niece has a cat that she loves so dearly. Her mouth cancer came back and she'll be crossing the Rainbow Bridge tomorrow.

We have been enjoying our cruise on the K. The food, drinks, service, weather and lots to do on board. 

It's good to hear news of San Diego's port to be remodeled. What a depressing room to walk into when embarking on a great adventure!

We will be dining in Pinnacle Grill tonight. I already have what I'm ordering on my mind. Mushroom soup and halibut. Yum!

Have a blessed day!

Joy, I always think of the elevator mats staying the same for the International Date Line crossing.  Someone had one less job on their work schedule that night!  I'm glad you two are having such a wonderful time and will come home with great memories.

2 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Afternoon from a warm and sunny day at the beach

I was named after my father and so was my brother. He Charles, me Charlene.  I have met many men named Charles but not many named Charlene`.

I would love a good pot roast, it is one of my favorite meals. I have a few very close friends that I know I could depend on regardless of the hour.

Not much happening here today which is a good thing. DD and I are going in the pool and that is about it.

Hope everyone is doing OK. I always include my Dailylite friends in my prayers.

Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisersfor keeping us going.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

My cousin back in St. Louis met and married one of my neighbors growing up and her name was Charlene.  I had no idea it wasn't a common name.  DH was named after his father's middle name, and our DS has DH's first name.  Hope you and your DD enjoy your pooltime today!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Graham, I hope you have many happy thoughts and memories of your Dad on this, his remembrance day.

Thank you for the excellent Care and Celebration lists today Vanessa.  I've been thinking about when St. Louis Sal last posted.  Her last actual post was June 29, 2022, however on June 17, 2022 she talked about her sister and BIL coming to visit for two weeks and both of them came down with Covid.  Then her DD's came down with it followed by @St. Louis Saland her DH.  With her fragile health this could have been very dangerous for her.  I wish one of us knew of a way to contact her to see if she is okay.🙏  I can't recall any serious health problems for Julia @JAM37so hopefully it's nothing like that for her.

Gerry, that is quite a lovable conversation your DGS had with his Dad and very sweet of him to make sure you knew of it.  Enjoy your dinner out tonight.  I love scalloped potatoes with ham dinners.😋

Debbie, yum, all the recipes look so good, even the carrots!  Thank you for sharing.  Hope you enjoy the hike at Dow Gardens.  It's a beautiful place.

Joy, I always think of the elevator mats staying the same for the International Date Line crossing.  Someone had one less job on their work schedule that night!  I'm glad you two are having such a wonderful time and will come home with great memories.

My cousin back in St. Louis met and married one of my neighbors growing up and her name was Charlene.  I had no idea it wasn't a common name.  DH was named after his father's middle name, and our DS has DH's first name.  Hope you and your DD enjoy your pooltime today!

@JAM37had moved to the Florida coast just before the hurricanes destroyed some of the condos along the beach, I think Daytona but not sure. My fear is that their condo has been destroyed and they are on the move again. If I remember correctly their Georgia condo wasn’t being sold until this past fall so they may be back there. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Joy, sending early condolences to your niece for tomorrow when her cat crosses the Rainbow Bridge.  Even though it is the right thing to do for her beloved cat, I know it will be hard on your niece.

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

Good morning.  For those sailing from port in San Diego, our newspaper is reporting that the port facility will be remodeled, as it’s currently unwelcoming.  It needs it.  They put a nice shopping and restaurant facility next door, but the port facility itself is just a big warehouse.  Looking forward to the improvements!

Thanks for the information about the remodeling of the cruise terminal.  It is a rather sparse and unattractive building, but when we're headed to a BHB, I'm more focused on getting checked in and on the ship.  I do hope when the remodel is complete we don't have to wind around the building to get to the escalators or elevators.

19 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you for the excellent Care and Celebration lists today Vanessa.  I've been thinking about when St. Louis Sal last posted.  Her last actual post was June 29, 2022, however on June 17, 2022 she talked about her sister and BIL coming to visit for two weeks and both of them came down with Covid.  Then her DD's came down with it followed by @St. Louis Saland her DH.  With her fragile health this could have been very dangerous for her.  I wish one of us knew of a way to contact her to see if she is okay.🙏

Sandi, I remember that @St. Louis Sal was posting less frequently and mentioned more difficulty doing things as her hands were becoming more affected by the ALS.  I wish we could hear how she is doing.  I always admired her attitude on here despite what she was facing.  She was trying to live life to the fullest.

25 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I'm sure that these kittens have multiple personalities. 🤣  Lots of interruptions this morning because of their shenanigans.  It will be very quiet here after we return them to DD this afternoon. 😉  

Lenda @Quartzsite CruiserHappy Birthday to your DH!

Carolyn, says thank you for the birthday wishes.

30 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I can't recall any serious health problems for Julia @JAM37so hopefully it's nothing like that for her.

9 minutes ago, superoma said:

@JAM37had moved to the Florida coast just before the hurricanes destroyed some of the condos along the beach, I think Daytona but not sure. My fear is that their condo has been destroyed and they are on the move again. If I remember correctly their Georgia condo wasn’t being sold until this past fall so they may be back there. 

Sandi and Eva, I remember Julia @JAM37  saying her DMIL was moving in with them, but was taking her time deciding what to move and what to discard.  Then last fall, her DBIL who has Parkinson's was supposed to move in too.  I imagine if they did not have to move again that she is very busy with the family.  It would be nice to get an update and to learn how she and her DH are doing.

Lenda

• Like 19

On the subject of pot roast....

I cook mine in a MagnaLite (heavy) pot on top of the stove. I brown all the sides, then cut up a few onions (2-3 usually), and add them to the pot. Then I add about a cup (or so!) of burgundy wine, and let it cook for about an hour. At that point I turn the meat over and add more wine, and let it cook more. For the last hour and a half, I add a bag (or more) of carrots....I know some of you don't like carrots, but DH and I and our 2 DSs love them!. After the meat is done, I remove the carrots and add some flour and water to thicken the gravy.  This was my mother's recipe, and we all love it!

Prayers for everyone with health issues, and pet issues. Cheers to all on cruises, heading for cruises, or just having a good day!  We'll be heading out on our big Australia/New Zealand cruise in 11 days!!!

Take care,

Laura

• Like 21

3 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a cloudy central Texas where it is currently in the low 58F.  Our high this afternoon is predicted to reach 77F.   I'm glad that yesterday, I could get out and work in the yard on a warm sunny day.  It felt good to be outside and working.  Fortunately, I'm not as sore today as I thought I would be.  Maybe, walking almost everyday since Christmas helped my leg muscles handle all the bending, etc.  The main thing on the agenda today is making and decorating DH's birthday cake.

Multiple personality day is an interesting day to celebrate.  I imagine many people have a family personality and a slightly different one for being around others.  I don't think I've known anyone with two or more distinct personalities.  My first name was my mother's middle name and one that appears often in our family tree.  My middle name is a combination of my grandfathers' names.  One grandfather was Len (Leonard) and the other was D.A. (David Albert), but he went by his initials since he was D. A. junior.  I remember the big reels of film, and occasionally having to wait while the projectionist had to repair a broken film.  We still have many reels of home movies beginning with my father's that date back to my birth.  Last year, DH transferred all but two of them to memory chips.  The two not transferred are very dry and brittle, so I'm afraid those imagines are lost unless we send them out to be transferred.

I am lucky that I have two good friends I can call at 4 am, and one is my nextdoor neighbor who I've known forever.

After years of cooking pot roast in the oven, I started cooking them in a pressure cooker, then switched to an Instant Pot.  The house still smells like pot roast cooking, but just not as long as the oven or slow cooker method.  I still have a roast for pot roast in the freezer and will make it in a few days. 

We'll pass on the drink, but I would like to try the wine.  Chateau St. Michelle's Riesling is not too dry or too sweet, so hopefully, the Domaine Ste. Michelle Brut is about the same.

We have not been to Boracay Island in the Philippines.  We finally made it to Manilla in 2018.

@Crazy For Cats  Jake, I think all of us would like to be viewing the scene from the video in person.

@grapau27  Graham, thank you for the explanation of two of our days.  I hope your great memories of your dad make today a little less sad.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, thank you for keeping track of us and giving us the lists.  Sadly, in a few months, we'll probably need to add the year to the last dates that @St. Louis Sal and @JAM37 last posted.  I hope they are both doing well and are just busy with their lives.

@cat shepard  Ann, enjoy the birthday lunch with your friend.  I loved the cat memes.

@aliaschief  Bruce, thanks again for all the great memes.

@rafinmd  Roy, I'm sorry you are still waking up at 3 am.  Sometimes, just lying still in bed can be restful, and allow you to at least doze.

@ger_77  Gerry, I liked your meme, and loved reading the conversation between your DS and Parker.

@dfish  Debbie, that first recipe with all the carrots looks really good.  I had to laugh when I read your comment.

@ottahand7  Nancy, thanks for all the pictures.  They bring back wonderful memories of our time in Manaus.  We did that tour, and the next day along with another couple, hired one of the small boats near the dock and went back into the jungle.  We stopped at one house where the father and kids came out with a small green parrot, a three toed sloth and an anaconda.  DH petted the snake and I petted the sloth, who's fur was very soft.

IMG_0431.thumb.JPG.57219a561aa94218c57bb76782813743.JPG

IMG_0435.thumb.JPG.b3999ad12a5fc5445cded91c8a299779.JPG

@smitty34877 Terry, enjoy your visit with your friend.  Glad DD can help man the home front today.

@marshhawk  Annie, you have and are leading a very interesting life. Thanks for sharing the story of you former neighbor.

I may have left out some of you who posted memes, and I want you to know that I enjoy all of them.

Lenda

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

One personality is enough for me, but I feel for those who suffer from multiple personality disorder. I supposedly was named after my DM saw the actress Vanessa Brown in movies or TV. I remember the days of sitting in the movie theater and hearing the clackity clack of the reel film. Good quote; BFF is someone I can (and have) call at any hour if need be. I've made today's meal; nowadays I'd sub out the potatoes. I'll pass on the drink and maybe on the wine.

I haven't been to  Boracay Island.

It is 44F and sunny; looks like it will be a nice day. I may run to Aldi later. Otherwise, just puttering around the house.

@StLouisCruisers Thank you for starting the FR/Daily today.

@grapau27 Hugs on this 11th memory of your late Dad. Thank you for Fr. David's sermon today.

@aliaschief Thanks for the memes.

@rafinmd I hope you can get past that 3AM wakeup.

@ger_77 Awww, what a sweet conversation your DS had with DGS. 

@ottahand7 I'm glad the boat rides yesterday on the Amazon were good, including seeing dolphins. Nice photos.

@smitty34877 Enjoy your visit with your friend, and kudos for helping her out.

@marshhawk Oh my on your knowing someone with MPD; I hope she got help. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the Manaus photos.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast for the Celebration List.

Be well everyone.

58 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you all for your kind words Lenda, Vanessa and Sandi.

Graham 

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Have a blessed day!

I'm sorry to hear about your niece's cat Joy.

Graham.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. I have been up since 6 but Just now checking in. Sunny and clear with highs in the low 40's today. I started the day with a trip to the grocery store after dog walking and before even eating breakfast. I was out of just about everything I need to get through the week. Store was not crowded but the shelves were pretty bare. Making some substitutions, I managed to load up enough to get me through until next weekend. So although the pot roast sounds good, tonight I will be having a small steak with a tossed salad. Stocked up on fruit and some frozen veggies. And dog food.

My middle name is that of one of my Mother's sisters but the first name is a compromise between my parents after my Dad rejected all of Mom's selections.... thankfully. Also, given a number of the family names several generations back, I am glad they went original. My older sister has the only combination I would have been happy with and wouldn't you know - she does not like it. There are several family names that are considered "bad luck" and we have been studiously avoiding them for several generations. Both my parents had very unusual first names.

Susan

• Like 20

Good afternoon from a pleasant afternoon in SE Wisconsin.  Just got home from our walk.  I'm not a fan of pot roast, don't know what's for dinner because DD and family invited us over tonite.  Haven't been to the port of the day, and I'm not sure I'd like the drink of the day.  Give me a regular margarita on the rocks with some chips and guac on the side!  Had that every afternoon as a snack on our recent Eurodam trip.  Thanks to all who contribute and add to the wonderful conversation here!  I was going through our trip pictures this morning, lots of good memories!  The Panama Canal was quite amazing!  Have a great rest of the day, Karen

• Like 20

@cruising sister, @Quartzsite Cruiser, @summer slope, and anyone else interested in the San Diego port, the article in the Union about construction there is under a pay wall, but the gist of it is that they had originally some very grand plans, with cruise lines chipping in on that, but since the pandemic, any plans have been scaled way back.  The focus now will be on creating a more streamlined and comfortable check-in process at the cruise terminal.

As far as when, they say, "start in early 2024, with completion targeted for a year later."  

So it will be awhile, but nice to have it done.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Good morning and thanks all!  Sending aloha on our last morning in paradise, back to the frozen tundra tonight.  We are filled with gratitude for this visit after having our wings clipped the last few years.  Now to pack, we have never spent this long somewhere else, lol,  

7E0490B6-C18B-400D-8AE9-FC6DAABA90D4.jpeg

57EC3454-5E20-4945-BD3F-CE18A3FD0E44.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1