The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday March 27th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Today is National "Joe" Day, World Theatre Day, and National Scribble Day

Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.--J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Meal Suggestion for today - Easy Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs
Drink of the Day - Cruzan Colada
Wine of the Day - Sterling Merlot, Napa Valley, CA
Destination of the Day - Quebec City, Canada

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles eta 3-28

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Departing from Vancouver, BC Canada eta 4-13 (drydock Portland, OR)

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea destination Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos eta 3-28 

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles eta 3-28

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Pisco, Puerto General San Martin, Peru eta 3-28

Rotterdam

At Sea destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 28 Mar

Volendam

Philipsburg, St. Maarten 0800-1700

Zaandam

Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Mexico 10:00 - 18:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Banjul, Gambia eta 3-29

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Picton, New Zealand 10:00 - 21:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Naha, Okinawa, Japan eta 3-30

image.thumb.png.af2b8a6f815769cb9823ac4b493ba7ff.png

image.thumb.png.6dce9a611717488cf3479a6e144f84e2.png

Sandi for Rich and Roy

• Like 20
  • Thanks 12

Good morning friends!  We have gone through round after round of thunderstorms, lightning, thunder and even hail since yesterday morning.  We just had another big crashing storm and I was wondering if I would have power to post this morning but so far we've done okay with that.  The temp is 62 with a high today expected of 77 and you guessed it, thunderstorms!  I am so sorry to see all the devastation wrought by tornadoes the past couple of days.  Those F4 and F3 winds decimated people's homes and businesses, but most of all there has been a large loss of life in our southern states.  Prayers for all of them and their families and friends.🙏  While I'm at it, let's not forget our Daily friends on our Care list and hopefully there will be improvement made and successful surgeries.

Today we have three varied days to celebrate.  National "Joe" Day, World Theatre Day, and National Scribble Day.  I can't say that I know any (or many) Joes, Joeys or Josephs but to all of your Joes, have a great celebration of that name.  When are our names going to have their own day?  I'd better look into that!  Three cheers for theatre (or theater) all around the world.  The arts are very important.  And finally what my handwriting has turned into - scribble.  I'm sure some of you can sympathize!  And another J. K. Rowling quote to ponder.  I'm sure she's right about numbing the pain.  My shoulder and upper back were in terrible pain yesterday but so far this morning I'm doing all right so hope that holds for the remainder of the day.

We also want to hear all about the sweet and sour meatball recipes Debbie @dfish finds for us.  The photos will entice some of us to try one of those wonderful recipes.  Cruzan Colada and Sterling Merlot sound interesting and will be popular with many.  I'm not a red wine fan so you can have mine.  

Having already mentioned those we hold in prayer, we want to also congratulate the Celebration list people.  Hope everyone on a cruise or traveling to one (Ann and Pat @Vict0riann that would be you!), are having a safe, enjoyable, smooth time.  Congrats also to those with other happy news.  I heard DGS Ren's Jaguars had a very successful weekend on the soccer field so three cheers for them.🎉

Today's destination is the lovely Quebec City, Canada and I can tell you we had lots of photos posted the last two times we had it listed here.  That would be on October 9, 2021 and January 23, 2022.  Here are the links to those dates for you to grab your photos and repost today.

As I said, today's port is a beauty.  I was there twice in 2018, in August on Seabourn Quest (Reykjavik to Montreal) and in October on Rotterdam for the Montreal to Tampa final NE cruise of the season.  A beautiful city and a lovely time spent each day!  In looking at my photos, I see that in October, 2018 they were having a marathon on the city streets when we got off the Rotterdam.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrzV02QcwvAKvgAHJC7Sch?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377039

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ1KzeeYyU7yDIhCyA6SCRw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546378672

Near the Fairmont hotel was this colorful building housing restaurants and shops.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIqJmrfvuUZAg0LqctjGY7U?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377064

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIG6rUWaB6XBnu6grNjJD1A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377067

An artist selling prints here.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKY5YdX-vrxe9v5k0nwwMdg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377061

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLBj_hGptw1cl1Q6Vp7vuAz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546378736

The U. S. Consulate General offices.  While visiting in Quebec on Aug. 29, 2018 on Seabourn Quest there were two security officers standing across the street chatting, so we stopped and had a nice conversation with them.  Unfortunately this day in October they were nowhere to be seen.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLfWrYrdV3wNmECxkJPla0o?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377075

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKX_hcPiyII8_X6OV5G7PuM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377082

The final picture was taken about 6:20 am on Aug. 29, 2018 as the Quest pulled up to the dock in Quebec City.  The sun was rising and shining on the Fairmont.  I love the color of the brick with the lighting early in the morning.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKtevAtaUla3UUYrXa6YSBS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1538516542

Hoping all of you have a Memorable Monday!  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good and I look forward to pictures and recipes from @dfish

We’ve been to Quebec City several times and will be back there September. 

As part of my errands yesterday I went to Walmart and found Temptations cat food.  They are addicted to the treats so I expect this to be a hit.  Yes treats were bought too.

image.png.083e30347f4c28786afc347c1f98f81e.png

• Like 18
  • Haha 11

Good morning.

It was 26°F and frosty when I took Pauline to work this morning.

I saw my muscular skeletal doctor this morning and he has booked me in for knee injections next week and referred my hip issues to the hospital.

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisers for your dedication to this thread and introducing the daily reports.

It is 60 years since I last scribbled although my hand writing is not as neat these days.

True quote.

Nice food and wine today.

Best wishes to all of my friends on this thread.

Take care and have a great day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230327_102724.jpg

Screenshot_20230327_102742.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

10 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  We have gone through round after round of thunderstorms, lightning, thunder and even hail since yesterday morning.  We just had another big crashing storm and I was wondering if I would have power to post this morning but so far we've done okay with that.  The temp is 62 with a high today expected of 77 and you guessed it, thunderstorms!  I am so sorry to see all the devastation wrought by tornadoes the past couple of days.  Those F4 and F3 winds decimated people's homes and businesses, but most of all there has been a large loss of life in our southern states.  Prayers for all of them and their families and friends.🙏  While I'm at it, let's not forget our Daily friends on our Care list and hopefully there will be improvement made and successful surgeries.

Today we have three varied days to celebrate.  National "Joe" Day, World Theatre Day, and National Scribble Day.  I can't say that I know any (or many) Joes, Joeys or Josephs but to all of your Joes, have a great celebration of that name.  When are our names going to have their own day?  I'd better look into that!  Three cheers for theatre (or theater) all around the world.  The arts are very important.  And finally what my handwriting has turned into - scribble.  I'm sure some of you can sympathize!  And another J. K. Rowling quote to ponder.  I'm sure she's right about numbing the pain.  My shoulder and upper back were in terrible pain yesterday but so far this morning I'm doing all right so hope that holds for the remainder of the day.

We also want to hear all about the sweet and sour meatball recipes Debbie @dfish finds for us.  The photos will entice some of us to try one of those wonderful recipes.  Cruzan Colada and Sterling Merlot sound interesting and will be popular with many.  I'm not a red wine fan so you can have mine.  

Having already mentioned those we hold in prayer, we want to also congratulate the Celebration list people.  Hope everyone on a cruise or traveling to one (Ann and Pat @Vict0riann that would be you!), are having a safe, enjoyable, smooth time.  Congrats also to those with other happy news.  I heard DGS Ren's Jaguars had a very successful weekend on the soccer field so three cheers for them.🎉

Today's destination is the lovely Quebec City, Canada and I can tell you we had lots of photos posted the last two times we had it listed here.  That would be on October 9, 2021 and January 23, 2022.  Here are the links to those dates for you to grab your photos and repost today.

As I said, today's port is a beauty.  I was there twice in 2018, in August on Seabourn Quest (Reykjavik to Montreal) and in October on Rotterdam for the Montreal to Tampa final NE cruise of the season.  A beautiful city and a lovely time spent each day!  In looking at my photos, I see that in October, 2018 they were having a marathon on the city streets when we got off the Rotterdam.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrzV02QcwvAKvgAHJC7Sch?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377039

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ1KzeeYyU7yDIhCyA6SCRw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546378672

Near the Fairmont hotel was this colorful building housing restaurants and shops.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIqJmrfvuUZAg0LqctjGY7U?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377064

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIG6rUWaB6XBnu6grNjJD1A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377067

An artist selling prints here.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKY5YdX-vrxe9v5k0nwwMdg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377061

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLBj_hGptw1cl1Q6Vp7vuAz?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546378736

The U. S. Consulate General offices.  While visiting in Quebec on Aug. 29, 2018 on Seabourn Quest there were two security officers standing across the street chatting, so we stopped and had a nice conversation with them.  Unfortunately this day in October they were nowhere to be seen.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLfWrYrdV3wNmECxkJPla0o?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377075

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKX_hcPiyII8_X6OV5G7PuM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546377082

The final picture was taken about 6:20 am on Aug. 29, 2018 as the Quest pulled up to the dock in Quebec City.  The sun was rising and shining on the Fairmont.  I love the color of the brick with the lighting early in the morning.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKtevAtaUla3UUYrXa6YSBS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1538516542

Hoping all of you have a Memorable Monday!  

Thank you for your interesting photos Sandi of a port we have never been to.

Graham.

• Like 15

Good morning.  Happy Monday!

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

We've got showers in the forecast for this morning, then clearing this afternoon.  On yesterday's walk, I noticed a few tree limbs that were brought down in the wind on the weekend, but no real damage.  Prayers for those that suffered with tornadoes.

There are several Joes in our neighbourhood, it must have been a popular name at one time.  Like others, my handwriting is just a scribble, but at least I can read it even if no one else can.

Another interesting quote, one I'll have to ponder.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes and pictures.

I'll pass on the drink, but I'm sure I'll like the wine.

Thanks for the pictures of beautiful Quebec City.

Prayers for many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 27

Good Monday morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  I’m drinking a cup of joe as I write this.  Happy theatre day all you thespians.  Most days must be scribble day if you looked at my penmanship.  I think today’s quote is true.  The meal and wine suggestions sound great. I love Quebec City and was last there ten years ago when we sailed on the Veendam to Boston. Unfortunately I can’t seem to locate my photos though.  Prayers for all on our prayer list today. Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!

• Like 27

Good morning! Up early. I’m pretty well stuck at home today as this morning our semi annual heating and air conditioning inspection is scheduled anywhere between eight and eleven. Then there is a case of wine being delivered from Napa that I’m required to sign for. So will shower early, start some laundry and wait.

It’s currently in low seventies and the severe weather has been North of us. Prayers for those who have been affected by them and those in the path of these still active weather disturbances.

Have been to Quebec City many times as a child and as a cruiser. We have done five repositioning cruises,  one from Florida and the rest from Canada to Florida. We are booked to do it again in October 2024 on the MS Volendam. The Volendam being our first BHB in Alaska in 2007. Almost 500 days sailing with Hal and it’s still exciting and our passion.

As we have branched off and started cruising with Azamara the Cruise Critic experience  is really different or should I say slow. Roll Calls are low key and some days the main CC page goes a day with hardly if any post. With only 680 passengers it’s understandable but different.

Thanks Sandi for getting the Daily up and running and to all have a wonderful and safe week.

Bruce

image.jpeg.e3a5daba05c6d901b741650f3595b3d2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a29f4c3551b78e59cd73576c10918fd2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5084aa8dd0e8728912e94d258af7c60a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.44cc8cdf69d00e74c06775247e75976d.jpegimage.jpeg.513eca717370019e2cfd136a25916bdd.jpegimage.jpeg.c3017d56a9ecea7dab5dfb6d88e92957.jpegimage.jpeg.e608b09fae885891b328a7b54c394ed4.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Haha 23

Cruzan Colada cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
1 part Pineapple Juice
1 part Cream of Coconut
Garnish: Pineapple Slice

Instructions
Combine all ingredients into an ice-filled shaker and shake until well chilled. Strain into a Hurricane glass over fresh ice. Garnish with a pineapple slice.

Screenshot 2023-03-27 at 7.13.21 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 2

Thank you for getting us started, Sandi!  Rich, thank you for checking in with us even while cruising the World! And making sure the thread continues in your absence. 

It is 67 and very cloudy to the East, though that should burn off. Florida is back! My pool water hit 89 yesterday. I know @summer slope Dixie will appreciate that!

Thank you Vanessa for keeping track of us so well! Just gym, Bindi walks, laundry and making my plant list. Hoping to visit a local nursery on Wednesday to see what they have. 

3BD9C548-F031-46F6-A9CD-F16FAD2ABA3E.jpeg.da7f5b0f7071757a3db1521f3b941298.jpeg

45E6767E-1EAA-4252-A0D6-759A44C8C494.jpeg.4282426d0f2f10ecb9712342646db91b.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!

2019 Sterling Merlot, Napa Valley, CA

I used the 2019 vintage info, since that seems to be the easiest to find, but all released vintages share the same very good - excellent ratings from consumers and critics. I found several online distributors with prices starting at $21.98.

Distributor notes

Complex and food-friendly, this plush and balanced Sterling Vineyards Napa Valley Merlot Red Wine from some of the best vineyards surrounding the winery is perfect for everyday meals and special occasions. 18 month oak aging adds generous spice and polished, silky tannins. Enjoy this Merlot wine with grilled pork chops or roasted game hens. Sterling Vineyards was founded in 1964 by Oxford graduate and successful businessman Peter Newton. As one of only 27 bonded wineries in Napa Valley at the time, Newton was an early pioneer of crafting Bordeaux-inspired red wines in California and helped transform the region into the premier winemaking appellation we know today.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 12

Thank you Sandi, Rich, Vanessa, Ann, Debbie, and Dixie,  Happy Monday..  I'll de asfinitely salute the theater, and my handwriting has often been described as scribbling,  When I saw Joe day I immediately thought of coffee,  I like the quote and have been to Quebec many times, both by land and ship. I'll pass on the meatballs.  My alternative is Strawberry-Banana-Blueberry, Thai Chicken and Forbidden Rice Soup, Boneless Lamb Loin, and Linzer Torte as served on MS Zaandam March 27, 2017.

dishes27.jpg

Special prayers today for @Vict0riann as Pat embarks on the journey despite several medical issues including a new nosebleed,

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 3

Good morning,

it looks like the sun will pay us a visit today. Per usual it will cloud up with chance of rain overnight. We did not get our usual snow amounts this year but we are ahead on rain. This will be good for the new sod they laid last fall. 

I booked another spontaneous last minute trip. My DSIL who has MS and is the mother of my DN who has epilepsy is very depressed and stressed. I suggested a short getaway before my trip and her move to a new house and we are off to Tucson on Sunday. My FA assured me I could travel and set a travel budget so off I go. 

I saw someone mention reaching the bottom of the washer with the new large agitator less top loaders. I am only 5 ft 2 in so I use tongs. I did not like how the front loaders smelled moldy unless you kept the door open and my new laundry room does not allow for the door to be open so top loader it is. 

Thanks to everyone who helped me through the last two weeks. Lots of sad anniversaries and my hand put me in a funk.  Hopefully sunny Tucson will snap me out of it before my big trip. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone. I’m beginning to see out of the operated eye but can’t read some of these posts. Love today’s quote. It’s really true. We’ve been to Quebec many times by ship and land. We stayed at the Frontenac and I love the city. It has everything. Our last trip there was to celebrate our 60 th anniversary a few years ago.

Stay safe everyone. Those storms are terrifying.

Carol

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning . It is sunny and forty degrees with less wind but more rain coming later. Joe was a popular name when I was growing up and we had a few in the family. I will celebrate theater day and my handwriting is a scribble now. We have been to Quebec a few times on BHB’s. 
Last night we looked up,courtesy of our teenager and Mr Google, distances for our road trip. Yikes. Saskatoon is over two thousand miles from NYC but Midland Michigan is only 736 miles away. Tana reminded DH and myself that three back seat passengers requires multiple seat changes so that the window seat is utilized fairly. I remember all to well the  back seat squabbles when one has more children than windows.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 29
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, smitty34877 said:

@grapau27, Graham, I am glad you will get the knee injections and hope they help. How will you find out about the hips? I hope it is not a long wait.

Thank you Terry.

I have to wait until the hospital contact me and then see what they recommend.

Graham.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

A very early good morning from a cloudy central Texas where it is 50F and cloudy.  It should be in the mid 70s this afternoon, but the clouds will hang around all week.  I really enjoyed the sunny days this weekend.

I can remember three Joes I've known.  Two were very nice men, one of whom was the Capt. Joe Dawson that I've mentioned before, who was a hero at Omaha Beach on June 6, 1944.  Sadly, one date with the third Joe was enough to tell me he was a total jerk.  It's been decades since I've been to a theater to see a play, but I always enjoyed going.  If I write slowly, my handwriting is legible, but it can be a scribble that even I can't read if I'm not careful.

Another interesting quote by J.K. Rowling.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  We've had Sterling reds before, and their Merlot was probably one of them.  Their wines are very good.

We've been to Quebec City several times, and I'll post my pictures in a few minutes.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I hope the thunderstorms are not too bad in your area and that you stay safe with your power staying on.

@grapau27  Graham, I'm glad you will be getting injections in your knees and finding out what needs to be done for your hips.  Steroid injections can help hips too up to a point.

@aliaschief  Bruce, another batch of great memes.

@cruising sister  Lorraine, enjoy your trip to Tucson.  I'm 5'6' and still have trouble reaching the bottom of our top load washing machines at times.  However, I'm too tall to comfortably reach in the front load washers, especially the new ones which are even lower to the floor.  I've thought of using DH's grabber he got in rehab to reach the bottom of the washer if necessary.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, we decided to replace our washer even though the parts were about $50.  Since DH wasn't able to do the repair work on our old one, the cost of the repair would have been more than the washer was worth.  The rule of thumb on old washers is the repair should cost less than half the price of a new washer.

Now, I'll go find my pictures of Quebec City.  Then, it'll be time to start cleaning house.

Lenda

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

We have been to Quebec City four times by ship.  In 2004,  we were there on the old Regal Princess doing b2b out of NYC..  In 2013 on the Veendam we were there for a total of six days as we were doing b2b roundtrips out of Boston.  Since Quebec City was the turnaround day, we had the day before and the day after the turnaround.  The difference in the crowds in August/September and October was amazing, with August/September being much less crowded.   My pictures are from the 2013 stops

In 200 , we visited Montmorency Falls, and in 2013, we visited the Basilica St. Anne de Baupre. My pictures of the Basilica are inside since  @dfish Debbie showed a picture of the outside.

Looking from the front of the church toward town

DSC00127.thumb.JPG.65150ed40e0e64ab5f95c285d09614e7.JPG

One of the pillars with the crutches and canes left by those who said they were crued

DSC00129.thumb.JPG.a0b1321297b972796aeb0b8a1bf5e040.JPG

This caught my eye and showed they were prepared for a lot of visitors and pilgrims.

DSC00122.thumb.JPG.e12c65613c353b5aee765e5f0d69fdeb.JPG

The main altar

DSC00133.thumb.JPG.d4d1aaf05dd51804ed3ec2877f1891f2.JPG

We rented a car both times in 2013.  These pictures show how uncrowded town was as we walked to the car rental agency.

DSC00106.thumb.JPG.c0cff1dc49b9fc7580fa0f9aaa4d3a4f.JPG

DSC00107.thumb.JPG.f9e303d1f4057e431017b8167414a14e.JPG

When we left the Basilica, we drove along the St. Lawrence.

DSC00147.thumb.JPG.8c448b2250b253674bb74e8dea7f00f8.JPG

DSC00149.thumb.JPG.cfb590958d34d6f20601ef440498647a.JPG

Pictures later in the day in Quebec City.  There were more people, but not near the crowds we encountered in October 2004.

DSC00160.thumb.JPG.76d7a78e7204b05cd861021de4d5683d.JPG

DSC00162.thumb.JPG.7c6629dc569732d032ac7cd3bd8caaa7.JPG

DSC00164.thumb.JPG.7327ef39279ebec103f7e035175459b4.JPG

Battle Field Park on the Plains of Abraham, and the Veendam taken from the overlook

DSC00155.thumb.JPG.2cef7a69747abc54bd3286e76ca31ea4.JPG

DSC00173.thumb.JPG.13d203cb826a2a13854a1b8aa910bfb3.JPG

One day we drove to Saguenay and another along the far side of the river to cross back at Three Rivers, before returning to Quebec City.  Along the way, we found a farmers market and stopped to look around.

DSC00455.thumb.JPG.bc38ea201cb98294e3d0493ebe1dd3b1.JPG

DSC00456.thumb.JPG.fa5e31d9b389e7772d586591302c9889.JPG

Lenda

• Like 25
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia and working on getting stronger

RMLincoln’s DH’s eye surgery March 28

Luvteaching’s DH in the hospital with pneumonia and other infection

Summer slope’s friend with a brain injury

Cruisercl recovering from a viral illness

RM Palmer candy plant explosion with deaths, missing and injured

Citizens of Ukraine/Tornado victims in Mississippi and Alabama

From the rotation:

Durangoscots still with fatigue

Cruzin Terri with PMR flare

NextOne needing valve surgery

Marshhawk’s abnormal lung scan, upcoming PET scan

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Bon Voyage USN59-79!

Dfish resuming the Daily meal recipes

Many Dailyites with upcoming cruises

2 Days for Cruzn single (Rotterdam 3/29 to 4/19)

2 Days for Vict0riann (Rotterdam 3/29 to 4/19) 

2 Days for Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam 3/29 to 4/29)

6 Days for Mister 67 (Celebrity Reflection 4/2 to 4/9)

7 Daus for Overhead Fred Anniversary cruise (Rotterdam 4/3 to 5/6)

DWAliaschief’s sisters cruise (Rotterdam to 3/29), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), Kplady (Grand Princess to 4/28), St Pete Cruiser (Noordam to 5/2), USN59-79 (Westerdam to 5/7), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9

Good morning, everyone!

It is supposed to be a nice day here in mid-Michigan with partly cloudy skies and temperatures in the high 40s.  I plan to take advantage of that and get out for a walk.  That depends on when I can get the plumber here to clean out the drain.  

When I was in college a roommate used to make sweet and sour meatballs for dinner occasionally.  They were one of my favorite meals.  I will pass on them now because of the sugar content.  They can be made as an appetizer or as a meal.  This first recipe is for an appetizer and it couldn't be easier.  https://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/3-ingredient-sweet-and-sour-meatballs/0a8cdda2-b003-4043-b819-a0bb92d53cb8

sweetandsourmeatballs1.jpg.dca2d2ef13cd669543e587ac25918b6b.jpg

This next one is more of a meal.  Serve over rice or a rice substitute.   https://lilluna.com/sweet-and-sour-meatballs/

sweetandsourmeatballs2.thumb.jpg.69eab0f6c518b6f5927337d345cabea4.jpg

That one does bring back memories.   In this next one I would probably use the red and orange peppers for color.  But, the green ones are a bit different.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/easy-sweet-and-sour-meatballs/

sweetandsourmeatballs3.jpg.a61c29bb8e67e1c286de2e477f03f258.jpg

This last recipe can either be an appetizer or a meal.  I would add some veggies to make it a meal.  https://ohsodelicioso.com/sweet-n-sour-meatballs/

sweetandsourmeatballs4.thumb.jpg.4dde4c3d26a9c1b65d1b26b32fe64819.jpg

I have been to Quebec a couple of times on a BHB, the last time just this past October.  I stayed at the Frontenac and enjoyed a wonderful dinner out with @Sharon in AZ Sharon and her DH Craig.  

20221008_002035540_iOS.thumb.jpg.56cf141d21c1962ee1d3c675a9aa223f.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 8

Good Morning from a warm and soon to be sunny day at the beach

I know quite a few " Joes", a few in my family.   Havent been to Quebec in many years bit I remember it being a very beautiful and unique city.

It is hard to listen to the news between all the tornadoes and that terrible explosion. Just goes to show you take nothing for granted and be grateful for every day.

Yes my pool temperature is 89 also. I think summer has arrived.

One of my golf buddies is heading back to Michigan next weekend and she wants to get a few rounds in before she leaves. So of course I will oblige!  

We use to see a change in the crowds after Easter. But now with the Port having such big numbers it is busy all the time. The Snowbirds will start flying north next weekend. A lot of them rent places for Jan, Feb and March. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 27

Thanks for our Monday Daily, Sandi.

Nice collection of days.  I’ll celebrate ‘Joe’ day since DH often told contractors and others his name was Joe.  Jose was too difficult for some people.  The theatre is very worthy of celebration.

Oh my that quote of J.K.Rowling is so true - all too true.

Quebec city is just so beautiful.  You could spend days exploring it 👍 

24F17FF9-1230-4670-A025-8CE624FDCD3B.thumb.jpeg.4449e1523e1de8fb62e304c9379b846c.jpeg

@mamaofamiso glad to hear that your eye is starting to improve.  It does take time.  I suspect that’s why they only do one at a time.

So much destruction and deaths from all the severe weather and tornadoes.  Just heart wrenching 😔 

Our snow turned into hail and freezing rain.  I attempted to clean yesterday (ouch!) and I guess I better take a look to see if it needs de-icing or not.  Where the heck is spring?

54A52471-75BB-49F1-820B-A371B655D20B.jpeg.b7f761fcd5934346ba715289e42882ee.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a toast 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

14908EB8-E19A-48A9-A830-7C08A4ECD080.jpeg.b3d5e0c890590bc5302a9bc7739471c4.jpeg

Have a great Monday everyone !!!!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12