Pago Pago, Tutuila Island, American Samoa 10:00 - 18:00

Westerdam

Kanazawa, Japan 08:00-20:00

image.thumb.png.cd974d545f5c5662dc19c49642dcef4f.png

image.thumb.png.88b958a28670a02cdba565b12ad7e17c.png

Sandi for Rich

• Like 21
  • Thanks 14

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

It is 10am here and the sun is just starting to peep through early morning mist at the beach.

I'm sure Pauline appreciates me just like I appreciate her.

Venice is one of our favourite cruise destinations and it is sad that the local authorities have now banned cruise ships.

I hope everyone is safe and well this morning and everyone on our care list are improving.

Graham.

IMG_20230415_093758.jpg

• Like 26

Good morning friends!  Today it is 56F with a high of 79 and sunshine in our forecast.  Finally it is warming up.🌞

Thank you Rich for today's Daily and Fleet Report!  Have a fine day off in Plymouth (and hopefully Weymouth), England.  Weymouth is quite scenic.  For today we have Husband Appreciation Day, Income taxes are due, and National Laundry Day.  Unless I'm not home I always do laundry on Saturday so I will be "honoring" that day.  Income taxes were completed a long time ago (thanks to DH).  And that's just another reason I appreciate my husband!  The Nin quote is a good one.   If you like salmon you might want to try the salmon veggie packets.  Sounds like something Debbie @dfish would enjoy and thanks in advance for your photos and recipes for it.  I'll pass on the watermelon margarita but thanks anyway Dixie @summer slope.  I have no idea what the wine is but Ann @cat shepard will inform me.  Thanks Ann.

Prayers will be said today for everyone on the Care list.  We have our work cut out for us.  Those suffering will appreciate our prayers I'm sure. 🙏 For those with good and happy events we send our congrats.  I bet Laura and DH @TiogaCruiser are saying prayers of thanks that their last piece of luggage arrived last night.  We are thankful they and Sharon @Sharon in AZ made it safely to Florida finally, and hope everyone sailing today makes it to the ships on time   I will be in the midst of watching a soccer game for DGS Ren this afternoon but will definitely be watching and listening to the Volendam as it leaves Port Everglades.  Hope it doesn't rain on them!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for handling the lists again.  🥂

The port of the day is Venice, Italy.  This was our port of the day on June 17, 2021 and also August 14, 2022.  In addition on Sept. 20, 2022 we had Trieste (for Venice) but I won't post a link to that one until Trieste comes up again.  Many of you will have photos of Venice because who doesn't love going to Venice?  I'll share my photos too.  The links for today are posted here:

On to Venice!  I love visiting Venice and have been there about 4 times.  Crown Princess 2012, Royal Princess 2013, Westerdam 2017 and Pacific Princess 2018.  I'm sure there will be plenty of photos of that beautiful city.  This is a photo my brother said I should have made into a poster size print.  enhance

Beautiful!

enhance

I checked for photos from our last time in Venice, Pacific Princess transatlantic, Nov. 24, 2018.  A few different shots.  I notice the best pictures seem to be from the IPhone rather than the camera.  enhance

I stuck my head into this open doorway into a shop. enhance

enhance

enhance

Another gondola picture but this time the color of the water and the clouds bring some interest to the subject.enhance

The bridge of sighsenhance

Remember it was November so it gets dark earlier that time of year.  Pacific Princess sailing down the canal leaving Venice about dinner time.enhance

My favorite spot to buy pizza in Venice.  Then the gelato place is 20 steps away after eating the pizza.enhance

it's called Antico Forno enhance

The gelato enhance

enhance

My favorite is mint chocolate chip!

Hope you all have a great Saturday and tremendous weekend!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 6

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General info SLC.

Like SLC we also do Laundry every Saturday so today I can celebrate this day. Maybe I should take today off to really cherish laundry day. Just kidding. Who comes up with these days! Must be the makers of detergent like P & G.

Today is not income tax due date this year. It is 4/18/23 due to weekend and holiday.

Also it is National Eraser Day. In little school I had the huge eraser that printed on it said, “I Don’t Make Mistakes”, except I would go through one a year!

• Like 18

Today’s Care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia and working on getting stronger

Cruising sister’s best friend’s son’s death 4/13

JazzyV with knee issues

Luvteaching’s DH in rehab

Broward County flooding

Nashville school shooting victims/KY bank shooting victims

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues

NextOne needing valve surgery

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Marshhawk’s abnormal lung scan and adrenal gland issue

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Sharon in AZ!

Bon Voyage AV8rix!

Bon Voyage TiogaCruiser!

Bon Voyage Dismomx5!

Cruising-along and DH feeling better

Luvteaching’s DH showing improvement

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

1 Day for GTVCRUISER (NCL Jewel 4/16 to 4/23)

7 Days for JazzyV (Celebrity Apex 4/22 to 5/7)

Cruzn Single (Rotterdam to 4/19), Vict0riann (Rotterdam to 4/19), aliaschief & DWAliaschief (Eurodam to 4/28) Kplady (Grand Princess to 4/28), Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam to 4/29), St Pete Cruiser (Noordam to 5/2), TiogaCruiser (Volendam to 5/2), Overhead Fred’s Anniversary cruise (Rotterdam to 5/6), AV8rix (Volendam to 5/6), Dismomx5 (Volendam to 5/6), USN59-79 (Westerdam to 5/7), Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12), and Sharon in AZ (Volendam to 5/17) at sea

• Like 17
  • Thanks 13

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Yes, it's laundry day, and because it's still quite warm today, I think I will hang it outside to dry.  I appreciate my husband.  Taxes are not due today in Canada, they are due April 30.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I hope the drink and wine are tasty too.

I loved our visit to Venice several years ago.  We were scheduled to sail out of Venice in May of 2020, but that cruise was cancelled and ships don't sail that route anymore.  Venice is a wonderful place to visit.

Prayers for many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

• Like 19

We might send out laundry today, sounds like a good idea!  Pat did our taxes before we left, there might be a couple more things to add when we get home, but it doesn’t have to go in until the end of the month, as @puppycanducruise mentioned.  I do appreciate Pat for all he does for me and the family.  We have been to Venice a few times, our first visit we spent almost a week wandering around, and loved it, even when we got our feet wet!

I’m thinking of all the Dailyites today, and hoping that things are going well with all of you.  It is so nice to hear everyone’s stories.  

• Like 25

Good Morning Everyone,  thanks for the daily fleet report.  I typically do laundry on a work at home day, so laundry was done yesterday.   I'll pass on today's meal suggestion and instead will have turkey.  Today we will run to the bread outlet store and possibly stop at Target and Lowe's. I hope everyone has a good day.

I certainly appreciate DH.

20221116_160034.thumb.jpg.656bbb6fa09aab9c3ba79c48768e72b6.jpg

• Like 27

Watermelon Margarita cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Hornitos® Plata Tequila
1 part DeKuyper® Pucker® Watermelon Schnapps
1 part Fresh Lime Juice
1/2 part Simple Syrup (or Agave Syrup)
Garnish: Watermelon Slice

Instructions
Combine all ingredients into an ice-filled shaker and shake until well chilled. Strain into a chilled margarita glass over fresh ice. Garnish with a watermelon slice, and salt the rim of the glass if you’d like.

Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 7.39.59 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 9

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Sandi.

I always appreciated my husband and do so more now that he is no longer here 😔 Income taxes aren’t due here yet as @puppycanducruise pointed out but, nevertheless all 3 of mine are done (mine, Jose’s and estate).  Sun is shining so it is a good day to put laundry out 🙂 

3EC9DE54-DA10-4518-A292-52E54C69E41D.jpeg.41e7f1d849b60cde607649b8d4e1f38d.jpeg

Good quote by Nin but not sure I agree with it, completely.

Meal sounds good and curious on the wine of the day.  I don’t recall seeing it.  Although from the name, it’s probably a red, many Spanish wines are very good.

3D2C6F10-4450-4F58-A8BC-202EC824AD63.jpeg.26a4ba58656f9608ead6120aa45a46d7.jpeg

We were lucky to be in Venice back when the ships could dock there.  First time we embarked there and spent a few days pre-cruise exploring.  The 2nd time it was a port stop and along with some CC friends we did the boat - shuttle trip (vaporetto, I think?) that stops at 3 of the islands.  A sail in or sail a way out of Venice is really beautiful.

So glad to see that all of our Daily-ites made it to FLL and are ready to board today 👍 Bon Voyage to @Sharon in AZ @TiogaCruiser @Dismomx5 & @AV8rix

8ADC60DA-090D-40CC-B853-D4F825340E25.jpeg.8c57ddb31c68a08cf3e7acaaee2ad122.jpeg

It’s going to be sunny semi-warm day so the yard is calling to pick up more branches and clean up a bit - or, at least what my elbow permits.  I am contemplating contacting my guy that helped me with shovelling and cleaning the driveway this year to help me unload the sheds.  That, or wait until after I heal from my surgery…thinking.

DAB84A08-267B-4A0E-A9E7-01C04F83FDDB.jpeg.faf664bc4e003d215c32716ed82c9d82.jpeg

a whole slew of seeds have sprouted and now I have to figure out how they can all share the grow lamps.  I sure hope some neighbours want some tomato plants - way too many have taken 😬 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a toast 🥂 to those on the Celebratory list.

898B7033-FDFB-407B-A069-9D30F2AB4609.jpeg.206c534651f18dc0840f923530d3d610.jpeg

Have a great Saturday everyone !!!!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

Good morning all,

We have a foggy day here in Ft Myers. We’re here and have a large number of CC “family” to thank for guidance and support. Years ago I took some navigation classes at the community college sailing school and the instructor (Walt Gleckler) drilled into our heads to seek local knowledge. (He took a 1 year sabbatical and sailed his boat with his family around the South Pacific and studied the vocal music of the areas.) Anyway, you all provided that local knowledge and we are grateful. 

We meet our Uber in a few minutes. Gotta go. Here’s a picture of Rover1.

IMG_0072.thumb.jpeg.fb49b51193179b3108d9df922d7e3297.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Kind of a miserable wet Saturday here but we do need the rain.  A bit of a Dutch connection as the Stad Amsterdam in Baltimore today.  Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Ann, Debbie, and Dixie.  I was a bit late on taxes this year but submitted them last weekend.  Laundry will be tomorrow.  Interesting quote by Nin,  I have not been to Venice. Glad @TiogaCruiser is set to head off to the Volendam.  I'll pass on the salmon.  My alternative is Chilled Anjou Pear Soup, Linguini Carbonara, and Butter Pecan Ice Cream as served on MS Zaandam Apri 15, 2017:

dishes15.jpg

Roy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Thank you Sandi & Rich for making the R & D happen today! It is just lovely this morning. We had a bit more rain yesterday, but just spotty showers sandwiched between gorgeous sunny skies. Just enough breeze to keep the temperature comfortable. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping track of our events. So happy to read that your doctor does not consider your knee issue to be serious. Hope it doesn’t cause too much trouble for you on your cruise!

Zumba, Bindi walks, a bit more gardening, and then a wine tasting at my favorite local wine bar. That should make for a great day. 

Thought of you, Dixie @summer slope

though this probably applies to all Dailyites with a cat family member.

3D188325-FE4A-4987-B345-0805BEC4228C.jpeg.f247f158471b79de614a58fdf7b84044.jpeg

79C2BF8C-C22B-4A6E-85C1-FA54427E937C.jpeg.59560614c95572da239f4e91b3198de1.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!

Numanthia Termes Tinta de Toro 2019, Toro, Spain

I used the 2019 vintage information for this full bodied red Tempranillo.  I would love a sample. Critics and consumers give it rave reviews. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $16.98.

Winemaker Notes

Ripened cherry red with ruby reflections. Clean and brilliant. On the nose there is good intensity with black fruits and spice notes bringing expression and complexity. There is a lively entrance, with medium structure and good balance. Notes of little black fruits, sweet spices such as cinnamon, a fresh touch of thyme and eucalyptus as well as a toffee and cacao background bringing complexity. The fresh and smooth tannin as well as the acidity make this wine long and expressive, fresh and elegant.
JS93 James Suckling
Blackberries, crushed stones and pressed flowers on the nose. Very perfumed. Medium-bodied with firm, lightly chewy tannins and a light dark-chocolate, bark and fresh-mushroom aftertaste. Vivid fruit. Crunchy.
WS91 Wine Spectator

Rich and minerally on the nose, showing earth and iron notes that serve as accents to the ripe black plum and cassis fruit on the palate, with hints of eucalyptus and cocoa. A bold red, with fine, dense tannins tightly meshed to the detailed flavor range and lively balsamic acidity.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good morning all,

We have a foggy day here in Ft Myers. We’re here and have a large number of CC “family” to thank for guidance and support. Years ago I took some navigation classes at the community college sailing school and the instructor (Walt Gleckler) drilled into our heads to seek local knowledge. (He took a 1 year sabbatical and sailed his boat with his family around the South Pacific and studied the vocal music of the areas.) Anyway, you all provided that local knowledge and we are grateful. 

Laura - so happy Rover1’s adventure ended happily. And I also learned something - Ubers are often the best option. Especially at an airport.  Certainly beats the hassle of renting a car. 

Safe travels!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Yes, it's laundry day, and because it's still quite warm today, I think I will hang it outside to dry.  I appreciate my husband.  Taxes are not due today in Canada, they are due April 30.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I hope the drink and wine are tasty too.

I loved our visit to Venice several years ago.  We were scheduled to sail out of Venice in May of 2020, but that cruise was cancelled and ships don't sail that route anymore.  Venice is a wonderful place to visit.

Prayers for many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

Actually, Canadian taxes are due may1 because the 30th is a Sunday. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Today it is 56F with a high of 79 and sunshine in our forecast.  Finally it is warming up.🌞

Thank you Rich for today's Daily and Fleet Report!  Have a fine day off in Plymouth (and hopefully Weymouth), England.  Weymouth is quite scenic.  For today we have Husband Appreciation Day, Income taxes are due, and National Laundry Day.  Unless I'm not home I always do laundry on Saturday so I will be "honoring" that day.  Income taxes were completed a long time ago (thanks to DH).  And that's just another reason I appreciate my husband!  The Nin quote is a good one.   If you like salmon you might want to try the salmon veggie packets.  Sounds like something Debbie @dfish would enjoy and thanks in advance for your photos and recipes for it.  I'll pass on the watermelon margarita but thanks anyway Dixie @summer slope.  I have no idea what the wine is but Ann @cat shepard will inform me.  Thanks Ann.

Prayers will be said today for everyone on the Care list.  We have our work cut out for us.  Those suffering will appreciate our prayers I'm sure. 🙏 For those with good and happy events we send our congrats.  I bet Laura and DH @TiogaCruiser are saying prayers of thanks that their last piece of luggage arrived last night.  We are thankful they and Sharon @Sharon in AZ made it safely to Florida finally, and hope everyone sailing today makes it to the ships on time   I will be in the midst of watching a soccer game for DGS Ren this afternoon but will definitely be watching and listening to the Volendam as it leaves Port Everglades.  Hope it doesn't rain on them!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for handling the lists again.  🥂

The port of the day is Venice, Italy.  This was our port of the day on June 17, 2021 and also August 14, 2022.  In addition on Sept. 20, 2022 we had Trieste (for Venice) but I won't post a link to that one until Trieste comes up again.  Many of you will have photos of Venice because who doesn't love going to Venice?  I'll share my photos too.  The links for today are posted here:

On to Venice!  I love visiting Venice and have been there about 4 times.  Crown Princess 2012, Royal Princess 2013, Westerdam 2017 and Pacific Princess 2018.  I'm sure there will be plenty of photos of that beautiful city.  This is a photo my brother said I should have made into a poster size print.  enhance

Beautiful!

enhance

I checked for photos from our last time in Venice, Pacific Princess transatlantic, Nov. 24, 2018.  A few different shots.  I notice the best pictures seem to be from the IPhone rather than the camera.  enhance

I stuck my head into this open doorway into a shop. enhance

enhance

enhance

Another gondola picture but this time the color of the water and the clouds bring some interest to the subject.enhance

The bridge of sighsenhance

Remember it was November so it gets dark earlier that time of year.  Pacific Princess sailing down the canal leaving Venice about dinner time.enhance

My favorite spot to buy pizza in Venice.  Then the gelato place is 20 steps away after eating the pizza.enhance

it's called Antico Forno enhance

The gelato enhance

enhance

My favorite is mint chocolate chip!

Hope you all have a great Saturday and tremendous weekend!

Nice photos. Does a trip on a gondola and to the Venetian Hotel in Vegas count as a trip to Venice?

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

28 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good morning all,

Just found my luggage I lost a couple years ago at LAX!

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

Good morning, everyone!

It is another glorious day here in mid-Michigan.  We are supposed to have sunshine and temps around 80F.  Tomorrow cools down and we have threats of precipitation.  So, I'll enjoy today while I can.  I have to get some of the larger branches and debris out to the curb for Heavy Item Pick Up on Monday.  I'll work on that today and tomorrow.  Once I get those out to the curb, the backyard will look a lot better.  Given the city services, I don't understand why the previous owners just created trash heaps in the yard.  

Today's meal reminds me of one my mom used to make.  She made it with chicken and wrapped chicken and veggies in foil and we cooked them on the grill.  We called it hobo chicken.  We each got our own packet and there was no squabbling over who got what.  I make a dish that is similar.  It is white fish wrapped in parchment paper with veggies and red wine.  Mmmm.  So, lots of variations with this one.  Feel free to use the idea and make  your own dish. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/salmon-veggie-packets/

salmonveggiepackets1.jpg.0b598fedb5c406740b029f5030767871.jpg

Here's one to do on the grill as it uses a foil packet.  You can vary the vegetables and use what  you like.  Mom put potato slices in as well as green beans.  https://www.wholesomeyum.com/baked-salmon-foil-packets-with-vegetables-grill-option/

salmonveggiepackets2.jpg.ed45e6049fd73b02929ac268e4f01d95.jpg

I'd probably add in a few slices of onion.  This sure looks good!   If I had a gas canister for my grill, I'd make this tonight!  Here's one last version that shows some variety in seasoning and vegetables.  https://www.savorynothings.com/salmon-foil-packets/

salmonveggiepackets3.thumb.jpg.afac52a3a0a5e4f679b4beed3308a988.jpg

Remember, you can use a different type of fish or use chicken.  It is a great summer dish with very little cleanup and healthy as well.  

Giving thanks that all the Dailyites made it to Florida for their cruise, including Rover.  Wishing you all a wonderful day. salmonveggiepackets3.thumb.jpg.afac52a3a0a5e4f679b4beed3308a988.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9