Zaandam

Sydney NS, Nova Scotia Canada 08:00 - 17:00

Zuiderdam

Kirkwall, Scotland 0800-1700

0607Atlantic.thumb.png.222f8ad5d1e76e49873ce9a9003e0817.png

0607Alaska.thumb.png.df6ef4f8555a6f3fd04139e262c3d60d.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 14

Thank you for today's daily reports Rich.

We still have a combined VCR/DVD player where we can watch either and transfer film from VCR to a DVD.

I prefer any ice cream to chocolate.

Tommy Cooper was a great comedian and a typical humorous quote.

Food sounds good.

A great day in history today for the Vatican city.

I hope everyone is feeling good today.

Good wishes to all of my Dailyite friends.

Graham.

• Like 31

Good morning and thanks for the daily report.  Yum, chocolate ice cream.  I’m sure our old vcr works but is in storage.  Tailors do great work to make us look our best.  I think I’ll pass on the meal and drink suggestions, feta isn’t one of my favorites.  I have not been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!

• Like 28

Today’s Care list:

Cruzn single recovering from surgery and 2nd surgery on Thursday

Ktbraun’s loss of a Red Hat friend

StLouisCruiser’s DGS’s soccer team with injured players

RMLincoln’s financial account hacked

1Angelcat’s loss of Ninja and Fluff only a week apart

Cruzin Terri not feeling well

Marshhawk and DH Chuck with Covid after cruise; Fawn missing

Great loss of life in India due to train crash

Wildfire and storm related victims

Shooting victims again

Citizens of Ukraine, dam explosion with flooding

From the rotation:

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Luvteaching’s DH in rehab

Scrapnana getting chemotherapy

Roy recovering from pneumonia and slowly getting stronger

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Quartzsite Cruiser’s DH with good report on vein ultrasound

Dfish with good reports from the surgeon and endocrinologist

Dobiemom with restrictions lifted

Lovely new photo of Miss Camilla

StLouisCruiser’s Ren’s team headed to the Dallas tournament in 2 weeks

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

1 days for ocean sounds (Symphony of the Seas June 8 to June 15)

3 days for Nickelpenny (Zaandam June 10 to 17), celebrating retirement

Suslor (Eurodam to June 10) and aliaschief (Azamara Journey to June 28)

• Like 27
  • Thanks 12

Thank you to all who post on the F & D.

I am thinking of our Canadian friends, the fire fighters and all who respond to disasters.  IMG_7505.jpeg.a47fb86ffd6919af7ce8be2a83183536.jpeg

It’s a hazy code red day in Baltimore. You can really smell the “Smoke from a Distant Fire” (anyone remember Sanford Townsend?)

Positive thoughts to all who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

Good morning friends!  It's a nice morning here with 66F and sunny skies.  High will be 87 though so I think I'll stay inside.  There is a chance of showers late afternoon or early evening.  I am feeling under the weather today with a tummy ache which always slows me down.  Hoping for improvement as the day goes on.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet Report.  I like chocolate ice cream, but then I like most flavors.  VCR day may find a few of us lacking.  I think all our old VCRs are gone now.  I appreciate tailors as they have a skill many of us could never attain.  I like the funny quote by Tommy Cooper.  The feta shrimp tacos sound like a pass to me.  The cocktail sounds intriguing and I'm sure the Pinot Noir is nice but I don't like red wine.  The day in history is important.  I hear the pope, by the way, is headed to the hospital for surgery.  Prayers for him! 🙏  While I'm at it more prayers for all our members in need of them.  Hopeful that things improve for all of you.  A salute to the Celebration list people.  Enjoy your cruises everyone!🚢🥂  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, Ann @cat shepard, and Vanessa @JazzyV for your reports.  

Today's port is Catania, Italy, located in Sicily.  I can't find any evidence of us having that port before so no links today.  I told myself I've been to Catania before but didn't have it on any lists so will have to update my lists obviously.  I found it via Shutterfly photo book as a stop on our Pacific Princess Nov.-Dec. 2018 cruise.  I guess I'm going picture hunting next!  

By the way, yesterday Bubba's son Cody came by finally to wash our house and deck.  He used an algae killer then a low pressure wash.  The cement siding looks nice now.  The deck is finally clean, too.  I either need to stain the deck again or replace certain components with composite materials.  We also need to paint the garage door which fades quickly due to facing due South and a darker color.  All that is going on our To Do list.  Hoping to see photos of Debbie's house as the painters get further along.  

Okay, off to find photos of Catania now.  Hoping all of you have an excellent day!

• Like 30

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info for all the contributors.

How appropriate to have National Choc Ice Cream Day with National Tailor Day. The more ice cream you eat the more you need a tailor!

National VCR Day. I bet there are many out there that don’t have a clue what a VCR is! Kinda like the rotary phone or phone booth. My first VCR was a $800 RCA purchased in the early 1980’s. The last VCR was purchased at Best Buy for $25 years ago and is still in the box. Maybe it will be worth $$$$ in a few years.

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 20
  • Haha 7

Good morning!  The heat wave is broken and it is 41 degrees.   We have frost warnings for tonight.   I'll have to figure out how to cover my Tithonia - Mexican Sunflowers that are now 12" tall and not sturdy.  I think it will involve stakes and a sheet. 

@richwmn and @JazzyV thanks for the reports to start us off each day.  Last VCR I had was a tape copier VCR which I sold on eBay while I was preparing for a lifetime move to Michigan.  I have something almost as obsolete, an iPod.   It works with my headphones but it will not communicate with my truck.    Thankfully no need for today's "window shopping".  @summer slope today's fruity drink looks like a great one on a BHB but I know I would drink it too fast.  The tacos will probably be good but another unheard of wine.  A lot of the Kiwi wines never make it to the US.  

Prayers for all on our Care list, Pope Francis and the people of Ukraine.    

Lots of gardening today.   Have a lovely day.  Nancy 

• Like 30

Good morning, everyone. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet report. 

Back to work for me. 🥲 I would much rather be on a cruise.

It is hazy here in Pennsylvania. We can smell the smoke from the Canadian fires. Praying for those who are impacted by the fires. 

I will be celebrating National Chocolate Ice Cream Day today as chocolate is my favorite!

I plan to begin downloading my photos from my cruise maybe starting today. 

Thinking of you all today. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

• Like 33

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Dixie, Debbie, and Ann.  I like ice cream and chocolate but not together.  I still have a VCR or 2 but have not used them for some time.  I'll salute tailors.  Nice quip by Cooper.  I visited Catania in 2010 on Crystal Serenity.  It's sad that on this anniversary of the Vatican State Pope John is headed to surgery.  I'll pass on the shrimp.  My alternative is Canaletto Salad, Sauteed Veal Picatta, and Pistachio Gelato as served on MS Prinsendam June 7, 2015 (Sadly, it sounds like the Veal may be getting phased out of the Canaletto Menu_

Podiatrist at 8:30 this morning.

Roy

• Like 36

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich!  A heavy marine layer greeted Bindi & I this morning. Yesterday turned into a gorgeous day, so 🤞🏻 for the same today. 

Vanessa, thank you for taking the time to keep track of all of us. I really appreciate it.  Haircut, Bindi walks, more gardening, my HIIT class & possibly pool time will keep me busy. 

IMG_1369.jpeg.f4d799389634a91a40f85b5aad1c9488.jpeg

IMG_1320.jpeg.be61f470b35d199204eeecabe2ce6145.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating. Get well & stay well everyone!

Akitu Pinot Noir Central Otago A2 2020

Well folk in New Zealand and the UK are in luck. The one online distributor is in Wales and ships to locations within the UK for $37.23 + shipping. The rest of the world needs to find their Pinot Noirs elsewhere. 

Cameron Douglas’ review

Everything about the bouquet and palate of this wine is excellent - on the nose dried herb and dark cherry, wild thyme and rugged stony hillsides, black currant and dark spices of toasty barrel. Complex, youthful, enticing and complete. Ripe red berry and currant on the palate with fresh, ripe and tart flavours reflecting the bouquet. An abundance of fine tannins with plenty of acidity layer in mouthfeel. A lovely example, so very easy to drink. Best from 2023 through 2030+.

94 Points Excellent

• Like 30
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2

On Dec. 3, 2018 Pacific Princess arrived in Catania on the island of Sicily.  The view from breakfast was Mt. Etna.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJxA8Oi4qJznvX6rQFMS0rD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390466

It was a nice sunny day so we prepared to walk through the town since this was our first visit there.  We saw many large ornate buildings and it began to get confusing.  For instance, this one.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKrhiTLH6p7fqcWB99Y-mZL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385755

And this one00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHDR_bWSWAxpKCu01Fvl0G?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390821

Did you notice this elephant out front?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJoYARZ5PNv1zLM4_CQH-2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390824

This cathedral was pretty and had a nice interior.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjndQYRGT_WSQ-yKN5DJfl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390828

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKkc2pWx4mNhZQ76IoOkxxF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390830

How about this confessional?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLsGDdZryvQsBCgzaRQgNXr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390840

Across from the Cathedral00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKWbKi773pSnti2_P7y8VT6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390846

If you walk through this arched opening you will find the farmer's market.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJQKIovkwhFR75Xk5iFvx0f?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385820

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIkWWA72W8yUZPuGR8-k-tS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390856

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKpFHXkwSbuDJixFj17L2pa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390859

Yikes!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK9jsaEDjMqcXSLbincq1hR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390868

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLuE0c0V-8uXJ2990cIbwbU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385892

Another large ornate building?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK66dkEZV-DYZ_CY2E7Opxt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390869

Enough of that.  On our way back to the ship we found this archeological site of an ancient theater.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKALKOhY_X78hkx6PBDX3DH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546386018

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKortRbZc9wFLDqrkEjVeLE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546386046

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL9O_NheF5_kkFpvCbqD3Fx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546386029

Back to the ship to relax.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKS-BkBR00B0cozRGSSaFyx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385695

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ5zadCJDt5PU0oqYNDVtdm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390474

Glad I saw this port because it's not on many itineraries.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich.

Nice collection of days.  VCR’s are long gone and sadly, tailors are getting harder and harder to find.  I’ll celebrate ice cream but either Sea Salt Carmel or rhubarb.  (Yes our ice cream manufacturer here created rhubarb ice cream and it’s delish).  You can all have the chocolate 😜 

LOL on the Cooper quote. And yum on the shrimp tacos.  I just happen to have shrimp and may substitute tortillas for the tacos.

I got swamped in paper yesterday but at least I got one thing finished even though it took hours but it meant I didn’t make it back to the Daily to post. 😔 

IMG_3730.thumb.jpeg.c7b8aa9a17c4486c5a1e0260994556ca.jpeg

@ger_77 a belated happy birthday to your DSIL 🎂 🥂 Feel free to send any unwanted heat to us.

@Seasick Sailor   so glad your walk was safer yesterday.  Your nephew is so sweet ♥️ 

@smitty34877 Miss Camilla just gets cuter and cuter ♥️ 

My heavens, @1ANGELCATyour vet is so thoughtful and kind to send those flowers.

sorry to hear about your frost Nancy @ottahand7 I’m trying to figure out if it is now going to be safe to transplant my seedlings.  If I don’t do it soon, they won’t make it or bloom/fruit in time.  I can’t believe it is this cold in June.

Happy to report that my neighbour is the proud owner of a stent and will soon be home from the hospital 👍 

I bought a new cover for the couch since you know who thinks he belongs there.  I know I was zonked from all the paper but I think I got the wrong colour.  For a moment, I could not find Ivan last night.  Thank heavens for my baby quilt.

IMG_1682.thumb.jpeg.5ba661f13870eb37574bcaa84e1a23d7.jpeg

He kind of blends in.

IMG_1683.thumb.jpeg.5e730e9ee7de195cab2d6f45771ae540.jpeg

We might actually have a very few hours with no rain so I had best head out and see if there’s something I can do with all the weeds that have been soaking up the rain. 😔 

Once the rain stops, it will be more paper.  I’ve got to conquer this mess somehow.  😉

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers 🥂 to those celebrating.

IMG_3732.thumb.jpeg.0d022f80d261ae9d1fcf9aafcb87f001.jpeg

Have a great Wednesday everyone !!!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

Good morning. Our local weather person said the NYC air quality was very poor and to wear a mask if outside. I just saw the garbage truck go by with the workers wearing masks. I didn’t linger outside with the dogs earlier. It has to be awful at the actual fire location if it is this noticeable here. Both DD and DSIL have to go into Manhattan for their jobs today which is unusual. I am waiting for the aide who is a little late this morning but she has to take two busses to get here so we will hope for the best. It has been a busy morning so far.

We have been to Sicily but not the port. The VCR left us a long time ago. The recipe sounds good but today we are having vegetarian enchiladas for dinner. Chocolate ice cream is always popular here.

We are planning to join DS and family on the Cape next month and I was able to get a dog sitter for the week. I am a tad anxious about leaving our Tana for a week but I am sure the rest of the family will step up. I am hoping that DH feels up to traveling  when the time comes. 
Hoping for a good day for everyone!

• Like 34

Good morning.  Thanks to all who contribute.  Weather today is a high of 74 degrees.  We can smell the smoke from Canada and air quality is poor.  

Cleaning folks coming today after illness and a car accident.  Woman with accident spent two days in hospital.  That is bad but glad she is ok because she has 3 small children.  

Have to pay remaining balance today on September trip to Greenland and Canada. Yikes — fares are very high now.

Prayers for all in need.  Katherine 

• Like 26

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On Dec. 3, 2018 Pacific Princess arrived in Catania on the island of Sicily.  The view from breakfast was Mt. Etna.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJxA8Oi4qJznvX6rQFMS0rD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390466

It was a nice sunny day so we prepared to walk through the town since this was our first visit there.  We saw many large ornate buildings and it began to get confusing.  For instance, this one.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKrhiTLH6p7fqcWB99Y-mZL?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385755

And this one00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHDR_bWSWAxpKCu01Fvl0G?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390821

Did you notice this elephant out front?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJoYARZ5PNv1zLM4_CQH-2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390824

This cathedral was pretty and had a nice interior.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIjndQYRGT_WSQ-yKN5DJfl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390828

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKkc2pWx4mNhZQ76IoOkxxF?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390830

How about this confessional?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLsGDdZryvQsBCgzaRQgNXr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390840

Across from the Cathedral00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKWbKi773pSnti2_P7y8VT6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390846

If you walk through this arched opening you will find the farmer's market.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJQKIovkwhFR75Xk5iFvx0f?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385820

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIkWWA72W8yUZPuGR8-k-tS?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390856

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKpFHXkwSbuDJixFj17L2pa?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390859

Yikes!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK9jsaEDjMqcXSLbincq1hR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390868

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLuE0c0V-8uXJ2990cIbwbU?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385892

Another large ornate building?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK66dkEZV-DYZ_CY2E7Opxt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390869

Enough of that.  On our way back to the ship we found this archeological site of an ancient theater.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKALKOhY_X78hkx6PBDX3DH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546386018

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKortRbZc9wFLDqrkEjVeLE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546386046

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL9O_NheF5_kkFpvCbqD3Fx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546386029

Back to the ship to relax.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKS-BkBR00B0cozRGSSaFyx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385695

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ5zadCJDt5PU0oqYNDVtdm?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390474

Glad I saw this port because it's not on many itineraries.

Nice photos Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

We docked in Messina Sicily 20 years ago.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Greetings from Gibraltar. We toured Michael’s Cave, the man made fortified tunnels all of which was pretty dramatic. Lite rain this morning but it’s starting to clear and we can see Africa.

The monkey’s are pretty aggressive and I had jump on my shoulders at the same time. We were told not to touch as they will bite. I shrugged them off and no harm done.

We are here to eight and tomorrow we sail up the canal to Seville.

Have a great day and thanks for the reports.

Bruce

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It’s a beautiful morning but rain may be coming later this afternoon.  Yesterday the smoke from the Canadian fires was very noticeable, I hope that everyone near them is safe and not in danger.  A big yes to chocolate ice cream and to today’s drink!

I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.72032ed1faf0a37f1da4292a75c4045c.png

• Like 18
  • Haha 12

Good morning, everyone!

I'm a bit late this morning as Sue and I both had fasting blood draws today.  We were at the lab when they opened and then went to breakfast afterwards.  The painters are here for their final touches, mainly a second coat of all the green areas.  Brown areas have already received their second coat.  Then it is up to Sue and me to do the celery green parts.  The only hard part there is the one high peak on the west side of the house.  We may hire our nephew to do that.  

Today's meal sounds delicious!   I would substitute the low carb tortillas.  If you don't like feta, use a different cheese.  Here's an easy one to start:   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/feta-shrimp-tacos/

fetashrimptacos1.jpg.9db80c052640caa56aab4e59bf2e2a94.jpg

Hey, I have dishes just like those in the picture!

Juicy shrimp, crunchy cilantro lime slaw, crumbled cheese, sweet & spicy sriracha mayo, all on a soft tortilla? Right here you have it:  https://hannahmageerd.com/spicy-shrimp-tacos/

fetashrimptacos2.thumb.jpg.20834e96a17fb425e584839d487b2a52.jpg

I love Greek food and these tacos called my name.   https://greatist.com/eat/greek-style-shrimp-feta-tacos#1

fetashrimptacos3.png.4b2323a2fd98a30f1912b5d90f6b4cce.png

@smitty34877 A week at the Cape may be just what the doctor ordered for Tana's caretakers.  I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

@kazu I am intrigues by rhubarb ice cream.  I hope I get to try some when we are in Saint John this summer.  

If today is chocolate ice cream day, then I must celebrate!   Onward!  Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Yay for Chocolate Ice Cream Day - it's good for the soul.  We bade farewell to our VCR a number of years ago when DS took it to Calgary with him, and tailors - at least around here - are a dying breed.

The windows are open, the birds are singing brightly, and the scent of lilacs is almost intoxicating!  I love the smell of lilacs and sweet peas, but have yet to find a perfume or spray that replicates them completely.  It's only 14C (57F) right now, but we're supposed to get up to 28, and I'm sure we will need the A/C on again.  At 10:30 yesterday morning the thermostat in our hallway was at 26, so it ran most of the day.  I have to apologize to our neighbours to the south for all the smoke coming from Canada - watching the news on various channels last night showed what a sharing country we really are.  

@Seasick Sailor oh my gosh, your sweet little nephew is adorable; thanks for sharing him with us!

Lots to do today; first on the list is that I have to clean out our fountain - DH has been forgetting to put in the sludge control, so we've got a green gunk buildup in the cups which needs to be removed.  This time I have to remember to wear rubber gloves, as the last time I did that I could smell the green gunk under my nails even after scrubbing with a brush several times.  This afternoon we're heading over to friends for iced tea and muffins, and a long overdue visit.

I'm sure I'd like the drink of the day, can afford the wine, and I think I'd like to try the menu suggestion, but don't have any shrimp on hand.  I do have salmon fillets thawing in the fridge, so will do them on a cedar plank with lemon and dill on the barbecue.  Salmon, baked potatoes and a tossed salad will be enjoyed on the deck this evening.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need - when will the shooting end???  Extra for Pope Francis who is undergoing stomach surgery today.  Cheers to all who have celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1