Victoria BC, Vancouver Island, BC Canada 18:00 - 23:59

Zaandam

Boston, Massachusetts 07:00 - 16:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Rotterdam, Netherlands eta 6/11

0610World.thumb.png.cc2ac6fb2ac4aed3ff3fb1f0aade94e2.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 13

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich @richwmn.

I have never liked iced tea.

Ballpoint pens have been a revelation.

At grammar school we had to use fountain pens and always had ink on my fingers.

Herbs and spices can make a big difference to food taste.

Today's food sounds nice.

I have never been to Lombok but remember a holiday program on TV in the 1980s when Lombok was featured and it looked amazing.

Prayers 🙏 permanently available to all our  Dailyites when needed.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Today’s Care list:

Cruzn single recovering from surgery

Pope Francis recovering from abdominal surgery

Smitty34877’s DH needing further surgery and chemotherapy

SusieKIslandGirl’s half-sister with possible recurrent cancer

Heartgrove’s Sue with bouts of rapid heart rate

Summer slope with a health issue

Srdamcer with stomach issues

Ktbraun’s loss of a Red Hat friend

Cruzin Terri not feeling well

Marshhawk and DH Chuck recovering from Covid after cruise

Great loss of life in India due to train crash

Wildfires with smoke traveling many miles and air quality alerts

Shooting victims 

Citizens of Ukraine, dam explosion with flooding

From the rotation:

Dobiemom with continued vision issues

Ger_77’s DH with increased angina

Tana’s pulmonary issues

StLouisCruiser’s friend’s brother Mark with bile duct cancer

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Nickelpenny!

Welcome back Suslor

Cruzn single’s surgery went well

Mr. Boston traveling to MI for niece’s high school graduation

Dfish at the lake house with siblings

Superoma’s DD DF’s house sold

Luvteaching’s DH showing continued improvement

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Many Dailyites cruising or with upcoming cruises

ocean sounds (Symphony of the Seas to June 15), Nickelpenny (Zaandam to  June 17)and aliaschief (Azamara Journey to June 28)

• Like 25
  • Thanks 13

Bourbon Sour Cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Jim Beam® Original
1 part Lemon Juice
1/2 part Lemon-Lime Soda
1/5 teaspoon Sugar
Garnish with Lemon Wheel
Garnish with Maraschino Cherries

Instructions
Mix Jim Beam with lemon juice, sugar, and ice in shaker. Shake vigorously and strain into whiskey sour glass. Garnish with lemon and a cherry.

Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 6.51.56 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 10

Good morning friends!  I'm enjoying clear skies, a temp of 54 now but it will hit about 87 later today.  Getting a little too warm!  Hoping everyone is seeing clearer skies this weekend.  Also let's hope all the fires are out soon.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet Report!  I like all the days - ball point pens, herbs and spices, and iced tea.  I will have some of my peach iced tea later on.  A nice quote by Maya Angelou.  The beef and spinach lo mein is a different take on it.  I will pass on the bourbon sour and the pinot noir.  Thanks today to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for their food and beverage reports.

This day in history took it's own sweet time in becoming law in the U.S.  Amazing to think a woman doing the same job as a man would be paid less than a man.  I'm hopeful there are still not cases where that would happen.✌️

Thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for her presentation of the Care and Celebration lists.  It's a good reminder to send prayers or good thoughts to those in need of support. 🙏Sorry to hear the bad news from @srdancer and @SusieKIslandGirl's half sister.  Hoping for better news from them soon.

Thankful to see many on the Celebration list and those who are cruising.🥂  I hope many more of us get out there on a ship in the near future.🚢  Hoping Debbie and Sue plus siblings are enjoying time at that beautiful beach house.  Reminds me of Maine Cabin Masters episodes with the homes sitting right on a pristine lake.  Enjoy!

The port of the day is Lembar, Lombok Indonesia which we have seen here before twice, Aug. 24, 2021 and June 16, 2022. I have not been to that Indonesian port before.  Here are the links if you have been before and posted photos back then.  Thank you in advance for all the photos presented here later.

Hoping everyone here has a safe and happy Saturday!  

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie, and Ann.  I love Ball Point Pens but keep losing them.  Not really much either for herbs and spices or iced tea (much prefer hot),  I have not been to Lembar Lombak.  A big salute to the equal pay act.  I love the Angelou quote but have no idea what the meal is.  My alternative is Papaya with Rainbow of Fruit, Cheese Ravioli, and Strawberry Ice Cream as served on MS Prinsendam June 10, 2017.

Prayers today for Mary Kay, @smitty34877 DH and Tana, @SusieKIslandGirl's half sister, Dixie, Terri, @marshhawk and Chuck @ktbraun's friend, and Terri.

Roy

• Like 35
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich @richwmn.

I have never liked iced tea.

Ballpoint pens have been a revelation.

At grammar school we had to use fountain pens and always had ink on my fingers.

Herbs and spices can make a big difference to food taste.

Today's food sounds nice.

I have never been to Lombok but remember a holiday program on TV in the 1980s when Lombok was featured and it looked amazing.

Prayers 🙏 permanently available to all our  Dailyites when needed.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Graham.

Then once you got ink on your fingers you would ripe it off off your shirt. That made a big hit when you got home.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Good morning. Our air quality is greatly improved today at 26 for now and possibly 65 later on today. I took the dogs walking earlier and was so happy just to see a beautiful blue sky. 
Salaries for a physical therapist in the late seventies were quite low. There were only women in my graduating class. Sports medicine brought men into the profession and the salaries magically changed. Funny how that worked…..

We have not been to the port and like the sound of the recipe. I remember the nuns insisting upon the use of ink pens in grammar school. What a mess!

@dfish, the lake house property looks so beautiful and relaxing. Enjoy!

@aliaschief, Bruce, Thank you for the pictures and commentary. The cruise sounds great and I hope you both continue to enjoy it.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 30

Good Morning, thanks for today’s report.  It’s a cool morning here with rain expected around lunchtime. I’ll be running some errands early this morning.  I like today’s meal suggestion if I leave out the spinach.

Amelia’s addiction to my mint ice tea continues.  Yesterday I had the laundry ready to start except for the zoom friendly shirt.  Once my meeting was over I went into the next room to toss in the shirt and start the washing machine.  As I went back to work I caught her with her front paw in my cup of tea. I said her name and she rolled over and meowed acting all innocent,  😂

I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.24023925f10b1a441977c574ad863e62.png

• Like 19
  • Haha 16

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich! It is a lovely morning here, but last evening’s T-storm was wild. Two lightning bolts were close enough to light up my house and the accompanying thunder claps made my house vibrate. They certainly got Bindi’s & my attention!

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us! Dixie & Debbie, thank you for keeping us fed & hydrated!

Just Zumba, yard work, Bindi walks and if Mother Nature cooperates- pool time. 

IMG_1390.jpeg.621a97938d37f7f94dfb56b55b59c906.jpeg

IMG_1388.jpeg.dab592c04376367923132db35d6d2f6b.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Hanzell Pinot Noir Sonoma Valley 2019

This Pinot Noir sounds lovely. Most of the critics say to wait until next year to enjoy it, but it has a long lifespan. Numerous online distributors with prices starting at 

$78.88.

Winemaker Notes

#25 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2022

Mouthwatering aromas of cherry, blackberry, blood orange zest and red plum are buoyed by intriguing graphite, forest floor and earthy cherry tobacco scents. The palate is lush and juicy, shows flavors of blackberry bramble, red fruits, and hints of wet earth. Fruit and earth characters linger on the palate through a long, beautifully balanced and textured finish, making this wine both tremendously drinkable now while also another wonderful candidate for additional years in the cellar.

WS95 Wine Spectator

Pure and racy in feel, with lovely damson plum, bitter cherry and raspberry notes flecked liberally with rooibos tea and savory details. Picks up additional energy through the finish, with a grounding rod of minerality that pulls everything to a pinpoint finish. Puts on weight as it airs, too. Everything is there—now you just need to wait. Best from 2024

WE94 Wine Enthusiast
Elegant, textured and delicate in style, this estate wine is funky in earthy compost, forest and black tea. The fruit is quiet and integrated, crisp and tangy, with a lift of citrus, pomegranate and wild strawberry. This wine is structured to age and should open further in the cellar; enjoy best from 2024–2030.  Cellar Selection
JS94 James Suckling
A beautiful red with fresh strawberry, lemon rind and some stones. Creamy and clean. Medium-bodied with a layered yet fine-tannined texture and a fresh finish. Very beautiful. Drink in 2024.
V92 Vinous

The 2019 Pinot Noir is a very pretty, understated wine. Soft, silky contours and lifted aromatics meld around a core of succulent red cherries, sweet spice, tobacco, rose petal and cedar. The 2019 is a fine choice for drinking now and over the next decade or so. This is an especially airy, ethereal style.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

Good Saturday morning.  Thanks for the Daily Reports each day Rich.   I like ball point pens though I prefer Sharpies.  Yesterday I spent a lot of time using a red ballpoint to mark up 38 pages of the Belmont Stakes Daily Racing Form for today's Belmont Stakes races.   I don't know what I will do for the big race.   I use a lot of herbs and spices from Penzey's they make especially good blends for grilling and roasting meat.   I will pass on today's dish but the Bourbon sour looks tasty and I know the Hanzell Pinot will be a good one.  I haven't been to today's port.   

Vanessa thank you for our Cares and Celebrations lists.  Prayers for those in our group that need them and the people of Ukraine.    

@Nickelpenny Bon voyage! 🍾 Have a wonderful cruise celebrating your recent retirement.  

We ran the sprinklers yesterday for two hours.  Since they are oscillating they really don't water deeply.  Rain in the forecast for Monday.  My DS and DBIL are due up here to their cabin on Tuesday.    Hopefully our road work begins Monday so we can get our boat in the lake.   Have a great weekend!  Nancy 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!  

It is a hazy start to the day here at Golden Beach.  They have promised partly cloudy with a high of 69F.  The men folk are going golfing and we girls are going shopping.  DS Mary Jo isn't sure of the shopping because she needs to stay with her dog.  

Today's meal sounds flavorful and healthy.  I'd leave out the noodles and just go with it.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/beef-spinach-lo-mein/

beefandspinachlomein1.thumb.jpg.72ab0c737fb5ff96cc437b7bb85b3617.jpg

This next one looks to be very similar.  I only found two recipes for beef and spinach.  After these two the recipes were beef and broccoli, etc.  If you prefer the broccoli, you could just substitute it.   https://garysquicksteak.com/beef-and-spinach-lo-mein/

beefandspinachlomein2.png.d8999527b7e1976a3f40fd53efac4609.png

Enjoy, everyone!    Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 7

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Sue received the results of the echocardiogram yesterday. It came back negative thank goodness. So now we just wait out the 30-day monitor.

Enjoy the weekend! Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 30
  • Thanks 6

8 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Sue received the results of the echocardiogram yesterday. It came back negative thank goodness. So now we just wait out the 30-day monitor.

Enjoy the weekend! Stay Safe!

- Jack

Definitely something for you & Sue to celebrate, Jack!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!  Yesterday I had two pens going at once, managed to cover myself with ink, and what's worse, I cant read my writing anymore.

#2 boss sent a letter to the two groups that I have been working for, informing them that she was stealing me, and she was stealing hours from them, set me up to work 38 hours a week, 8 in one group 10 in one group and 20 for her group.  Um, I remember at one time, I actually worked, part time, and still had time for myself, but because the two groups she is stealing me from have very set work hours, I cant change the times, so her 20 hours comes in bits and pieces...now that had me singing the old Dave Clark 5 song...Anyway, I start work in an hour.

I drank way too much coffee yesterday evening, stayed up until 3 coughing, got up and slept on the sofa...until 7:30....think 4.5 hours is enough sleep....NOT!

The computer says it's 59 degrees.  Nice and cool this morning.  A good morning to sleep...oh well.

DH's mom was at her bridge club this week, when one of the women fell.  Mama Norma reached down to help pull her up, and she's 89 didn't have the strength, and she fell. DH's brother called regarding the fall, and they were both laughing, as they were imagining 27 medical alert buttons being pushed at once.  I'm not sure who got the women up, whether they did it themselves, or with the assistance of the EMT's. She's home, her back hurts, and she scraped her arm.

DH's 73 birthday is Monday.  His CC name is Catmando.  If you remember could youl please send him a "card. " He is a person who gets depressed on his birthday, (he doesn't like the getting older part, and I don't like the alternative)and while he is taking the day off, it's my first day of working an 8 hour shift in years.

62661247fd62dc21da5c81651a503139.jpg

35d2ec1173b33f197aa9fab34cb6102a.jpg

Hugs to all!  I hoe you have a wonderful day!

• Like 34
  • Haha 1

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich.

Great collection of days.  I use herbs and spices a lot, love a good iced tea & been using a pen way too much with paperwork 😉 

Love the quote.  Something for all of us to try to do 👍 

I agree with Debbie @dfish I’ll take the meal sans noodles.

IMG_3739.jpeg.3ace5226422a00f5e3d21624a13f947f.jpeg

Pennie @Nickelpenny Bon Voyage - have a great time!

IMG_3410.jpeg.c1eddbe827831bf4e776746da8c695ec.jpeg

Jack @Heartgrove That is great news on Sue.  Thank you 🙂 

Ivan and I had a bad walk yesterday.  No, we didn’t chase any animals but I realized all the neighbours who get lawn treatment had pesticide put on their lawns (they all seem to use the same company for blocks 😔) so that meant Ivan couldn’t even sniff the curb grass 😔.  I was not a happy camper and had to go searching for pesticide free curb grass and realized I could smelled smoke.  I thought some jack -a$$ was burning a fire (we have no fire rule here) and was trying to figure out who it was and then I realized - the dark sky wasn’t from rain but from smoke.

IMG_3737.thumb.jpeg.c2d78eaf63274cfeeea0c0d2a42f6478.jpeg

Yup, the smoke had hit us and I had left my patio screen door open to air out the house 😔. DH had saved an air purifier downstairs (hadn’t been used in years but you know, had to be saved “in case”).  Needless to say it was dead.  When I woke up at 4 AM I ordered a new one.

I’m going to be very careful today and check the air a LOT.  Paperwork today since it is raining - one company wants more.  And there’s another to do.  ‘Sigh’.  I’m going to get it done come Hell or high water.

IMG_3738.thumb.jpeg.57c35321c54f3e3d82716059f74ec516.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and cheers to all those celebrating.

IMG_3742.thumb.jpeg.c714f064648f1523c529b92c66dd0ccf.jpeg

Have a great Saturday everyone !!!!!

• Like 36
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I enjoy using ball point pens - does anyone remember having a 10 cent pen dispenser in their school?  Maybe it was a small town thing, but we had one near Sister Superior's office that had a wonderful array of coloured ball point pens.  Your teacher would lend you a dime (who carried money to school in those days?), you'd get your pen and would repay the money the next day.  Herbs and spices do so much to perk up our daily plates, and we both love iced tea - regular and flavoured.

The skies have cleared overnight and are a bright blue once more with sunshine and a slight breeze.  That means our temperatures have dropped a little with the wind, but we'll still enjoy a high of around 26C (78F) by mid afternoon.

Not a lot on the agenda today, just running out to get some heavy cream to try @loveandpeas rhubarb pie recipe, and to pick up the smokies to put in the freezer ahead of our Summerfest barbecue next month.  I'll definitely take a pass on the drink of the day, would like to try the wine if it was a little more reasonably priced, and the menu suggestion sounds good.  I didn't have anything really planned for dinner, but last night DH mentioned we hadn't had Vietnamese noodle bowls for some time, so I think late this afternoon we'll head over to one of the nearby restaurants and pick some up that we'll be able to enjoy on the deck this evening.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 31

Good morning or in my case afternoon. We left Seville at 1:00 PM. Enjoyed sunning and soaking in the Spa Sanctum this morning. The Weber charcoal grills were going strong for lunch with various sausages, thin steaks but I had the Azamara hamburger. About an inch thick and so large I had to eat with fork and knife.

Beautiful day to cruise down the river. Amazed we went through small drawbridge and we have just gone through the lock. 
We just finished a wine tasting so the big decision is to sit on balcony and enjoy the river or siesta.

I believe a short siesta may win.

Band for sail away recently finished but had the pool deck rocking with some good Jimmy Buffet Classics and Rock and Roll. Now it’s just the gentle sound of the ship slowly gliding through the water.

Our Spanish musical group last night was enjoyable entertainment.

We arrive Lisbon, Portugal tomorrow afternoon and will go on a long tour to Fatima.

Thanks for the reports So Blessed to be able to have such wonderful experiences.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.28ce30cfb3fd07a3329ccd6d47bfbf98.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.32a8286c3a3f8046b4ffc178bd007def.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.61e127045ba0b19198bac5979cce76d6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a5e1837626833e0285acabe29035210d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4298443e11046d68c125c71ed58d7d93.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.92872c3aded298d26528b3add04190ff.jpeg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 3