How often do you take a Celebrity cruise?

georgiaguy

How often do you cruise with Celebrity?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you cruise with Celebrity?

• 1 time a year
    • 2 times a year
    • 3 times a year
    • 4 times a year
    • 5 times a year
    • More than 5 times a year

1 minute ago, TeeRick said:

It used to be 3+ per year.  This year just one on Celebrity.

I would rather know how many Celebrity cruises people have booked going forward.  That is what is driving occupancy and pricing.  Not past cruises.

Exactly…We used to do two a year and always have 2/3 booked well in front. Presently one only booked for next year.

• Like 8

Just now, TeeRick said:

I would rather know how many Celebrity cruises people have booked going forward.  That is what is driving occupancy and pricing.  Not past cruises.

Very good question!  We have 3...a b2b and an Alaska for 2024.  All were booked back in the spring.  The rest of our 2024 cruising outlook is up in the air ATM.  We generally like to take a spring and a fall cruise but have nothing booked for fall of '24.  We have a Med cruise booked for spring 2025 but not with Celebrity.

15 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I currently have 4 booked…Apex in December, 2023 and 2024…B2B on Silhouette in April.  

Since the pandemic, we have averaged 1 Celebrity cruise a year (through 2025 so far).  That is mixed with cruises from other cruise lines.  We usually do about 3-4 cruises a year.  This is an increase for us because we just hit a good spot (financially and vacation time) to start traveling more around the time the pandemic hit.  

Pre-pandemic, we cruised once a year on a variety of brands.  Only 2 of the 5 years before the pandemic did we have a Celebrity cruise.

5 minutes ago, georgiaguy said:

Someone suggested that for a majority here on CC it is between 3 and as many as 20. 

Wow! I wouldn't think the majority here have as many as 20.  In fact, that's likely an outlier.  I can see 3 to 5 though...and my bet is that like us, many of those bookings were made a while ago.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, georgiaguy said:

Someone suggested that for a majority here on CC it is between 3 and as many as 20. 

That was me.

And my guesstimate was pre cuts before many had moved on to other lines.

I used to book 3 per year.  I only have one booked this year due to the cuts.

Many newer cruisers on this board.

When I retire I plan on about 12 per year.  Likely not on Celebrity.

It would be more informative to do the same poll by age group.  As my theory was that older cruisers cruise more vs millennials due to income and time.

The above millennial age group that I converse with on the ships are doing B2Bs and B2B2Bs sailing for over a month on a ship.  Typically not Carribean cruisers.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Haha 2

I am trying to balance my cruising experience with other modes of travel, but do have three Celebrity Cruises with an additional cruise on another line booked.  Usually, I have more booked with Celebrity, but with the new price points and change with deposits, my strategy for vacations is changing with more towards a variety of trips.

I have never done more than three cruises a year because that in itself is very expensive for the travel to and from, not to mention the health aspect of all the food temptations.  Yes, I use the gym and walking path, but when I return home, it still takes longer to get back in shape.

My first Caribbean cruise in decades is almost here, as I look forward to just the ship experience.  It’s a big world out there and I have been fortunate to have enjoyed so much of it.  

Going forward, my plan is to book at least one cruise a year(b2b if possible)enjoying a land trip connected to it.  No matter how I vacation, I try to make it as special as possible with lots of planning and nice accommodations.  For me it is quality and not quantity that is important, along with opportunity cost.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pre-covid we were still working full time, but managed to average 2 cruises per year with X: one long + one 7-night Caribbean each year. We thought we'd be doing lots of cruising when we retired, but we now find we have different obligations that keep us close to home most of the time. All of our cruises since the reopening have been with X, but we've also taken several land trips. 2022- 4 cruises + 1 land; 2023- 1 cruise + 2 land; 2024- 1 cruise + 1 land. All still booked with X. Cost is a factor for us so we book verandas. 

Edited by kathynorth

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

agree.. used to be  3,  then 2 .. then covid  zeroed it all out.

Now have 3  booked..Ascent  Silhouette and APEX..  

• Like 1