The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday October 25th, 2023

richwmn

Today is Howl at the Moon Night, International Artist Day, and Punk for a Day Day

We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.--J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Meal Suggestion for today - Italian Meatballs
Drink of the Day - Au Kee Ta
Wine of the Day - Saladini Pilastri Falerio
Destination of the Day - Castries, Saint Lucia

Today in History:
1964 Dutchman Anton Geesink is 1st non-Japanese Olympic judo gold medal winner

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Oranjestad, Aruba 0800-1700

Koningsdam

Astoria, Oregon 1200-2000

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Grand Turk Turks and Caicos, eta 10-26

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Messina, Sicily eta 10-26

Noordam

Moorea, French Polynesia 0700-1700

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Naples, Italy eta 10/27

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Oranjestad, Aruba eta 10-26

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Coquimbo (La Serena), Chile eta 10-26

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Chania, Crete eta 10-26

Eastern Hemisphere

Volendam

Lautoka, Fiji 0800-1700

Westerdam

Kochi, Japan 1000-2000

1025World.thumb.png.3562a280c0783f914b75a37ab7a5d87b.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 21

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on ventilator, CPAP trials

Mamaofami’s Sam hospitalized

Lazey1 testing positive for Covid

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine and Israel

From the Rotation:

1Angelcat’s friend Barb post surgery for pancreatic cancer, getting chemo

NextOne post valve replacement surgery 10/17

HAL Sailer’s DH recovering after hospitalization

Cruzin Terri having to cancel her trip

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Seagarsmoker’s 17th Anniversary!

StLouisCruiser’s friend Susan’s DH Scott moved to rehab

Ger_77 enjoying the family time in Calgary

CrabbyPatti’s DFIL discharged to rehab

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Norseh2o (Oceania Nautica Oct 27 to Nov 6, Adriatic & Italian Tableau)

3 days for Seagarsmoker (Eurodam Oct 28 to Nov 8, Southern Caribbean Wayfarer)

4 days for Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam Oct 29 to Nov 9, Adriatic Dream, celebrating 33rd anniversary onboard)

7 days for Nickelpenny (Oosterdam Nov 1 to Nov 15) 14d Spanish Farewell

7 days for Kochlöffel (Oosterdam Nov 1 to Nov 15) 14d Spanish Farewell

7 days for Vict0riann (Oosterdam Nov 1 to Nov 15) 14d Spanish Farewell with a few days in Barcelona before

Live4cruises (Westerdam to Oct 28, N.Pacific crossing & Japan Collector), Horizon Chaser 1957 (Eurodam to Oct 28, Panama Canal), Lady Hudson (Liberty of the Seas to Oct 28, Canada & NE), Smmesineo (Celebrity Equinox to Oct 28, Bimini, Grand Cayman & Mexico), Aliaschief (Seabourn Quest to Nov 7, Montreal to Miami), Marshhawk (Carnival Pride to Nov 12, Rome to Rome +TA), Sailingdutchy (Oosterdam Oct 20 to Nov 15, Ancient Empires & Spanish Farewell) and Lindaler (Volendam to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific)

• Like 19
  • Thanks 18

Good morning.  Happy Hump Day.  Thanks for the Report.

A mild day with a bit of rain for us.  Today's high is forecast to be 20°C (68°F).  Normal high is 11°C (52°F). 

I don't think I'll howl at the moon.  I'm not an artist.  I don't want to be a punk.  I guess these are not my days.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good, not sure about the drink or wine.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope there are lots of things to celebrate.

Have a wonderful day.  Stay safe.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Au Kee Ta cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Auchentoshan® American Oak Single Malt Scotch Whisky
1/2 part Amaretto
1/4 part Amaro® Nonino
1/4 part Black Walnut Liqueur
3/4 part Lemon Juice
Pear Cider, Dry

Instructions
Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and double strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice. Top with cider and garnish with a dried apricot (optional).

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 6.49.02 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 17

Good late morning from a rainy 10°C North East England.

Thank you for today's daily reports and lists.

I sold some Punk music in the 1980s.

A good quote today.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

We have visited Castries a couple of times on cruises and just walked off the ship and straight into the shopping area.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Screenshot_20231025_114758.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

Happy Wednesday. Thank you for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

A little warmer for the rest of the week. No rain expected. I love Italian Meatballs. 

Disappointed with the Phillies. Oh well. Perhaps next year. 

Working from home today. Fancy enjoys that. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Image result for wednesday fall cat memes

• Like 27

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Ann, Dixie, and Debbie for the Hump Day report.  Happy anniversary @seagarsmoker.

I think I'll pass on the days.  I love the Rowling quote.  I'll bet there was a lot of celebration in the Netherlands this time in 1964.  I have been to Castries at least twice and I'll bet a number of us have as well.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Fruit Ceviche, Salisbury Steak, and Mango Crisp as served on MS Amsterdam October 26, 2017:

dishes25.jpg

Roy

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich!  A few high level clouds and a balmy 70 degrees greeted Bindi & me this morning. Yesterday was so windy! Every time I went out with Bindi, I came back with a new hairdo. 

Vanessa, praying that the epidural starts to give you some relief. Thank you for keeping up with us, in spite of what you are going through. @dfish Debbie, praying all goes smoothly with your surgery.

Bindi walks, chores, HIIT, wine at a neighbor’s will fill my day. 

IMG_4109.jpeg.5a14a4f447683a43244bf08ef9d32411.jpeg

IMG_4108.jpeg.93c5275e699dfd9354111e8c32768441.jpeg

You folk from Massachusetts I’ll be familiar with this map. 
IMG_4104.jpeg.25883a3ea340e652620c1ab73ae53b73.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @smitty34877 Terry, prayers for you, Tana (may the antibiotics kick in), your families and support teams. Breathe deep. 

@HAL Sailer Melissa, praying for DH & you. Don’t forget you. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Saladini Pilastri Falerio

This white Italian wine sounds interesting. At least two grapes that I have never encountered before. Priced to try, with a decent number of online distributors. Prices starting at $7.99.

Distributor notes

Made from organically grown trebbiano, pecorino, passerina, chardonnay and a little fiano, this is a clever medium-bodied Italian blend in a dry style. Expect a white-flower, citrus and mineral perfume, developing almond and pomelo on the palate and ending with a refreshing finish.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 2

Good morning friends!  Still cold in the mornings with 49F, but will rise to 75 with mostly sunny skies.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report for Wednesday, October 25.  Happy 49th birthday to niece Amy, the poor dear who lost her husband Buddy in 2022.  Much too young to be a widow at 47. 🎂  My DS was born 17 days after Amy, who is my twin's eldest daughter.  So his birthday is coming up soon!

Some odd days to celebrate today.  Howl at the Moon Night?  Punk for a Day?  I'd rather support international artists.  I'll also celebrate World Pasta Day.  The quote by Rowling is so true and I wish things weren't so divided these days.  Italian meatballs sound good, but I'll skip the drink and wine as usual.  A strange day in history but hooray for the Dutch judo gold medalist back in 1964.  Thanks to our ladies who report on the food and drink, Debbie @dfish  Dixie @summer slope,  and Ann @cat shepard.

I've spent the last few days working on all my old Shutterfly cruise books.  I'm going through each one and making any aesthetic changes to update to my current taste.  I used to do things differently back in the past so just want everything to blend.  I'm not having new books printed, but I am saving each book to a PDF and now when I travel I'll be able to pull up a book for information on former visits there.  Only 13 more books to do!  Therefore I didn't have time to comment on all the later posts on the Daily so this will take a while today!

Prayers for so many!  The people of Israel, Ukraine, the hostages and the U.S. servicemen in the middle east.  Also my DB, Susan's DH Scott and DB Mark.  Hoping for improvement in all those in pain or recovering from illness.  That includes Debby @dfish, Vanessa @JazzyV, Terri and Jim @Cruzin Terri Terry and Tana, Carol's Sam, Baby Murphy and family, Maureen @RMLincolnand DH readying for a move, @57redbird's DH, Edi @NextOneJane @lazey1 with Covid,  Mary Kay @cruzn single still having to quarantine, Melisa @HAL Sailer's DH, and Jacqui @kazu's friend losing his DW.  Prayers for you all! 

In other news, Debbie @dfish hoping for patience as you await your scan before getting surgery, glad Lorraine @cruising sister passed her stress test, and also glad the digging was short lived at Terry's @smitty34877 place.  Fingers crossed that Paul @kochleffel gets his paid upgrade to verandah.  Happy anniversary to @seagarsmoker and DW on your 17th anniversary!  Bruce @aliaschief so glad you liked the suite on the Quest.  Our rooms looked like yours except for the full glass balcony railing.  I believe you must be on deck 5.  Yes dinner is 7 to 9 pm, no set time.  Let the host/hostess know you would be interested in sharing a table with an officer or entertainer (if you would like to share one).  Even if you don't ask they will probably ask if you'd like to be seated with one at some point.  Enjoy!   Cheers to all on the Celebration list!  Hoping for good times for all!  And finally thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for her care in taking care of the lists everyday!

The port today is Castries, Saint Lucia.  I've been there 3 times and that's enough for me.  We have this port before on Oct. 3, 2021 so it's been quite a while.  Here's the link for you.  I don't think I posted many photos last time.

Ren and his Mom were in Charlottesville, Virginia Monday night until last night and I assume got home safely.  It was an invite for them to discuss Ren playing soccer for them during college years.  My DDIL went there for her undergraduate degree but I hope she won't unduly influence where he attends college.  That was her time, this is his turn now.  From what I hear Notre Dame wants to recruit one forward and they want Ren to be that guy.  It's going to be a hard decision!

Hoping all have a wonderful day!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Here is what I posted on Oct. 3, 2021.  On that date @Cruise Suzy had posted they had been there the same day we were there on Rotterdam.

@Cruise SuzyI see you included the Rotterdam on your Feb. 17, 2019 visit to Castries.  We were actually there on the Rotterdam that day and remember the Koningsdam left port just ahead of us and we followed the K. to see Soufriere Bay and the Pitons.  Here you are turning around to leave.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKDqaE05xwA2NZu1pZq3-t5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551119847

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKjLarOZZKHCtY-QhDmCUs4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551117435

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVISrQ8FtPDMHd04j6-Mrgiq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1551117456

We hadn't taken a tour that day, just walked about town.  But on my first visit to Castries on the Ruby Princess in 2015 I took a tour of Marigot Bay.  Feb. 4, 201500-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIwm9lOFLBHgFlOW8I6Yq-W?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427212779

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, seagarsmoker said:

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report. Had issues logging in this morning as kept getting a message this forum was unavailable. I hope everyone has a great day! 

044.JPG

Thanks everyone for your Anniversary wishes! We both are working today and will celebrate on our cruise this weekend! 🙂

• Like 24

5 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Once again my re-sized meme is not clear & legible when it posts to CC. Sorry for the duplicate, but…. I will say there are a couple entries that are new to me. But I left when I was 35.

IMG_4104.jpeg.2115c8c7530d00f27bff30305c444490.jpeg

This is a fun map and I will send it to my relatives. We all feel that Connecticut is a very long empty drive,sorry Connecticut. A niece moved to an area north of Boston and DH asked if she had won the lottery as it is “a wicked rich area”. Thank you so much for a good laugh!

Thank you as well for your kind prayers and wishes for all of us. It is appreciated.

• Like 21

Good morning. We have  48 degrees here and sunshine with a high of seventy later. DD DH loved punk rock and I went to a few concerts back in the day with him. It was different….The quote is quite true and sadly reflected in the times we live in. 
We were to St Lucia on our very first cruise with my mom and siblings on the Queen Mary. I honestly don’t remember what we did there but I do remember how lovely the island was. My DB recently sent me some old pictures of that cruise and it was  nice to see the family all dressed up. 
Today we await the arrival of the mason who put the pavers at the top of the driveway. He will also put concrete down for the new oil tank to sit on. 
I am having trouble with Tana’s IV and we are waiting for her nurse to come from the hospice. @cruzn single, Mary Kay, I know you are all too aware of the danger with repeated pneumonia in IPF . Thank you for your kind thoughts. I am sorry you are being quarantined again but understand why the community needs to do so.

A very big thank you to everyone for their prayers and support for Tana and our family. We seem to go from one thing to another but such is life.

I am feeling a little more settled these days so at least I am responding to the different situations appropriately.

• Like 25

I haven’t checked weather today but should be cool and crisp for Maryland. Yesterday got away from me. The realtor canceled, should come today… I had a mini-meltdown then got on with chores.  I’m trying to get a boxes inventory going, combining some old boxes not unpacked from last move, old boxes reused and new boxes with new numbering system. It’s a mess. And still no formal approval from new place, hoping for it this week. All will be ok!  

DH’s eye pressure keeps creeping up even with all the meds and their itchiness.  I have an annual check up scheduled for early Nov, maybe we can swap him into it and I’ll get my checkup in NJ. Glaucoma runs very strongly in my family- my dad, both brothers, several cousins and others, so we keep close check on it for me, so far so good.  Speaking of cousins, I lost another cousin this week, 4th in 13 months. I’m the youngest so it’s expected at this stage but hard anyway. He was in NW Georgia so we won’t be with his kids for their celebration, probably be with the cousins in the Hudson Valley for a Remembrance Day maybe around Thanksgiving. He was one of 9 children, 5 are left. We’re still 12 blood cousins plus 10 spouses/widows. I’m so glad to be closer to family. 

@rafinmd Roy, did you see the oncologist?  Thinking of you!  

And sending blessings to you all, all the Care list, thank you Vanessa, and all in need to healing, relief, new paths forward. And for peace in our hearts, families, countries and the world. 

Cheers 🥂 to those celebrating!  @seagarsmoker Happy Anniversary!  Nice looking stateroom Bruce!  

Smooth travels to all our many cruisers and more who are prepping. Hoping @kochleffel Paul got the upgrade, and @Haljo gets the stuff they’re waiting on. It’s fun to see it all unfold with you all. 

Mary Kay, rest in your quarantine time. Maybe it’ll keep you from catching something grungy. 
Jacqui, rest after your difficult journey home, with Ivan close to you!  
Terri, it’s all messy right now but you’re doing good and loving things. Breathe, think about what’s good right now. Hope you can learn something soon. 
Terry, hoping the digger is gone, the hole is filled, and Tana’s meds kick in!  Such a beautiful park walk!  Thanks for being here!  
Gerry, hoping you’re ok, and had a grand time with DGS!  
Sandi, thanks for the updates on Ren!  Exciting to follow along. 
Graham, love your beach visit pictures!  

One day at a time is Everything my friends!  Enjoy it!  Thanks for your encouragement! Maureen 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 6