The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday October 25th, 2023

richwmn

35 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

This is a fun map and I will send it to my relatives. We all feel that Connecticut is a very long empty drive,sorry Connecticut. A niece moved to an area north of Boston and DH asked if she had won the lottery as it is “a wicked rich area”. Thank you so much for a good laugh!

Thank you as well for your kind prayers and wishes for all of us. It is appreciated.

Terry, I come from North Andover, a small town very close to the wicked rich area. Used to be middle class. Not sure what it is now. 

We always referred to the tip of the Cape as P’town, though. 

Glad it made you laugh. 😎

• Like 18

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

Terry, I come from North Andover, a small town very close to the wicked rich area. Used to be middle class. Not sure what it is now. 

We always referred to the tip of the Cape as P’town, though. 

Glad it made you laugh. 😎

that is where she moved to!

and Provincetown is P’town here as well.

• Like 16

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily updates.  Interesting collection of days, I think I’ll celebrate international artists.  I like the quote and the meal suggestion.  Think I’ll pass on the drink though.  I’ve been to today’s port twice but I can’t locate any pictures that I may have taken.  We’re headed up to Ogunquit, ME later this morning to enjoy some hiking and fall color.  The colors have been very muted here this year.  Praying for everyone on today’s prayer list.  Cheers to those of you that are celebrating happy events today like @seagarsmoker !

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

that is where she moved to!

and Provincetown is P’town here as well.

I hope your niece enjoys it as much as I did.

Spent many Summers at Stevens Pond with my Sister’s kids. The town used have a beach with lifeguards. Lots of great memories. 

• Like 19

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Still cold in the mornings with 49F, but will rise to 75 with mostly sunny skies.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Daily and Fleet Report for Wednesday, October 25.  Happy 49th birthday to niece Amy, the poor dear who lost her husband Buddy in 2022.  Much too young to be a widow at 47. 🎂  My DS was born 17 days after Amy, who is my twin's eldest daughter.  So his birthday is coming up soon!

Some odd days to celebrate today.  Howl at the Moon Night?  Punk for a Day?  I'd rather support international artists.  I'll also celebrate World Pasta Day.  The quote by Rowling is so true and I wish things weren't so divided these days.  Italian meatballs sound good, but I'll skip the drink and wine as usual.  A strange day in history but hooray for the Dutch judo gold medalist back in 1964.  Thanks to our ladies who report on the food and drink, Debbie @dfish  Dixie @summer slope,  and Ann @cat shepard.

I've spent the last few days working on all my old Shutterfly cruise books.  I'm going through each one and making any aesthetic changes to update to my current taste.  I used to do things differently back in the past so just want everything to blend.  I'm not having new books printed, but I am saving each book to a PDF and now when I travel I'll be able to pull up a book for information on former visits there.  Only 13 more books to do!  Therefore I didn't have time to comment on all the later posts on the Daily so this will take a while today!

Prayers for so many!  The people of Israel, Ukraine, the hostages and the U.S. servicemen in the middle east.  Also my DB, Susan's DH Scott and DB Mark.  Hoping for improvement in all those in pain or recovering from illness.  That includes Debby @dfish, Vanessa @JazzyV, Terri and Jim @Cruzin Terri Terry and Tana, Carol's Sam, Baby Murphy and family, Maureen @RMLincolnand DH readying for a move, @57redbird's DH, Edi @NextOneJane @lazey1 with Covid,  Mary Kay @cruzn single still having to quarantine, Melisa @HAL Sailer's DH, and Jacqui @kazu's friend losing his DW.  Prayers for you all! 

In other news, Debbie @dfish hoping for patience as you await your scan before getting surgery, glad Lorraine @cruising sister passed her stress test, and also glad the digging was short lived at Terry's @smitty34877 place.  Fingers crossed that Paul @kochleffel gets his paid upgrade to verandah.  Happy anniversary to @seagarsmoker and DW on your 17th anniversary!  Bruce @aliaschief so glad you liked the suite on the Quest.  Our rooms looked like yours except for the full glass balcony railing.  I believe you must be on deck 5.  Yes dinner is 7 to 9 pm, no set time.  Let the host/hostess know you would be interested in sharing a table with an officer or entertainer (if you would like to share one).  Even if you don't ask they will probably ask if you'd like to be seated with one at some point.  Enjoy!   Cheers to all on the Celebration list!  Hoping for good times for all!  And finally thanks to Vanessa @JazzyV for her care in taking care of the lists everyday!

The port today is Castries, Saint Lucia.  I've been there 3 times and that's enough for me.  We have this port before on Oct. 3, 2021 so it's been quite a while.  Here's the link for you.  I don't think I posted many photos last time.

Ren and his Mom were in Charlottesville, Virginia Monday night until last night and I assume got home safely.  It was an invite for them to discuss Ren playing soccer for them during college years.  My DDIL went there for her undergraduate degree but I hope she won't unduly influence where he attends college.  That was her time, this is his turn now.  From what I hear Notre Dame wants to recruit one forward and they want Ren to be that guy.  It's going to be a hard decision!

Hoping all have a wonderful day!

Yes deck five. Very nice accommodations. Good enough that I slept in to 8:30.

• Like 21

Checking out a few pics from our 2015 Ruby Princess and 2019 Rotterdam cruises which stopped in Castries.  In 2015 the Ruby was docked on the good side of the harbor, in 2019 and 2022 Rotterdam and Volendam were on the opposite side.  When you step off the ship on the wrong side of the harbor the environment isn't the best.  Here is a photo of the Koningsdam on the best side, where you see the triangle shaped building along the shore.  When you walk to downtown from that side it isn't too bad.  

There is Koningsdam, photo taken from Rotterdam.  See the pyramid?

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

From 2015, a sailboat from Stockholm as seen in Marigot Bay.  Far from home, and a recent port of the day here.

a nice resort at Marigot Bay, named Capella. I just read they've done some renovations recently, but it's still there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Want to get to that little beach across from the marina?  Here's how.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Once again my re-sized meme is not clear & legible when it posts to CC. Sorry for the duplicate, but…. I will say there are a couple entries that are new to me. But I left when I was 35.

IMG_4104.jpeg.2115c8c7530d00f27bff30305c444490.jpeg

Ann, Love your map!  It is so true.  I grew up in Woobin (Woburn) and have to spell it so people understand. My DH claims he is my interpreter. Even though we were transferred to Florida with the space program 35 years ago, I still talk like a Bostonian. 

• Like 17
  • Haha 3

Happy Wednesday!  Getting back into our usual routine after the cruise.  Last night, I tried to make meatballs like the veal and sage ones served in Canaletto.  They tasted good but weren’t as tender.  Maybe I’ll learn something from the recipes that @dfish posts today.  

I’ll celebrate music today.IMG_8524.png.406253ec7a4d05bbdf389fad47f1550a.png

I worked at a club that had a lot of punk bands in the early eighties.  Had pink hair, wore lots of black.  My favorite was Joan Jett,  maybe because she is a big fan of the Orioles.  She usually sings the national anthem at a game once a year.

St Lucia is a beautiful island if you get outside the port: volcanoes, rain forests and waterfalls.  Those pictures are predigital so I’ll share two from our cruise on the Rotterdam in February.IMG_6913.thumb.jpeg.1fe9d227e1f71c668019be6b6559edaf.jpeg

IMG_6916.jpeg.4ef8a31e0b1de80fab84361eedc699d6.jpegPositive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Edited by 0106
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Slept like a baby. Just getting up after staying up late enjoying the great entertainment.

If it’s not raining hard our plan is to have lunch at a favorite restaurant. Have been in Quebec City so many times no need for sight seeing.

We were told last night there are only 350 guest on board. Ate in main dining room last night. Everyone new our names. Amazing.

Time to get up and get moving. Have a great day. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.c28f6e30e9ca7fa9d140ca98daa04882.jpegimage.jpeg.07a94c96127a9795038c6fc9963f234b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3df3b0da7466719b83f82329b161ea33.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.265c7f3a6765827171bc5ca3b14bf766.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ec83db1a6ac3155b7a2f97040a851141.jpegimage.jpeg.8a017237db3c08ecd7c19d349e19d35f.jpegimage.jpeg.fd361a08e0c06f598b0b1dc05dad28e0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7922ae0944811e950c57b4d3f8fc3d40.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Haha 24

Artists deserve a day, prefer not to be a punk or howl at the moon.

Yes to the meal, maybe to the drink (I like amaretto) and wine, not been to the port.

72° headed to 81°.

We are checked in for our flight, had to scan passports to check in which I've not had to do before - is it new for international flights or specific to Italy?

Have so much work to do before we head to the airport. And there's a webinar for open enrollment changes that I will join from the airport.

And I need to buy internet package so I get the 20% discount but need to buy an AARP gift card first so I can snag an additional 10% discount. That 10% adds up.

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

Screenshot_20231025-074739_Weather.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet reports.  I will celebrate Howling at the moon (after @grapau27 explanation) and artists but I am more of a nerd not punk at all!  Rowling's quote is so apropos now.  Meatballs sound good, pass on the drink and wine, and years ago I went to Castries on a Windjammer cruise with my last husband (early 1980's).  It was wonderful.  Never understood judo.

Happy Anniversary @seagarsmoker!  Loved the MA map.  The same last husband was from "the Catskills" - Pittsfield.  We visited there several times.  I can never pronounce MA city names!!

We had a very nice thunderstorm yesterday.  Poor Alexa announced we were under a severe thunderstorm 5 minutes after it started pouring rain with thunder and lightening.  Gym, hair cut, chiropractor (to try and resolve the numbness in my leg), and researching ports for my upcoming cruise occupied the day yesterday. I thought I lost Martina yesterday and panicked.  I couldn't find her and thought maybe she went outside - which I do let her do if I am out there.  About after 2 hours she came out from wherever she was sleeping in the house.  Today, 1/2 day subbing and then the good 'ole mammo.

Heard Richard Roundtree died yesterday.  I watched Shaft as a young person.  RIP.

Thoughts for the world and those on the care list and cheers for those celebrating.

Have a great hump day everyone!!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

Happy 49th birthday to dear Amy.

Thank you Graham.  I'm her godmother and she never forgets to send me a card on my birthday.  A really sweet niece!

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Once again my re-sized meme is not clear & legible when it posts to CC. Sorry for the duplicate, but…. I will say there are a couple entries that are new to me. But I left when I was 35.

IMG_4104.jpeg.2115c8c7530d00f27bff30305c444490.jpeg

This meme is hysterical!  Thanks for enlarging.  I also enjoyed the ghost fashion meme yesterday so much.  What talent the originator has!

5 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Yes deck five. Very nice accommodations. Good enough that I slept in to 8:30.

I meant to ask if they offered you a choice of soaps?  When we arrived the stewardess asked us to pick our favorite out of four brands.   All designer brands but I had no idea!  I liked the fact when you finished a bottle of wine or champagne from your refrigerator, the stewardess added a new one.  The curtain between the living area and bedroom area was nice too.  Helped to keep the room dark in the morning so you can sleep in, like you slept in today.  I don't know if this is current advice but when we were on board we made reservations at the no extra charge specialty restaurant The Grill by Thomas Keller.  Since there's no extra charge dining times book up fast.  They hope to accommodate each stateroom at least once per cruise.  I read that they will be replacing the Grill with a new restaurant on Quest in January 2024.  Here's a blog article about it:

https://blog.pavlus.com/2023/10/24/seabourns-new-solis-specialty-restaurant-to-replace-thomas-keller-eateries/

I was going to recommend to @USN59-79 Ray, that you check the Seabourn board here on Cruise Critic.  They can probably answer all the questions you might have.  It's not as heavily populated as the Holland America board so it might take a little time to get answers to questions you post.  I haven't been over there in a long time!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from a cloudy central Texas where it is 71F, feels like 71F with an 11 mph wind.  The humidity is 97% with a dew point of 70F.  Our predicted high will be 81F, and it looks like the rain and thunderstorms will return about 3 pm.  A busy day as we head to a nearby town for DH's CT scan, and then back here for my dentist appointment of a deep cleaning of one side of my lower jaw.  The appointments are far enough apart that we should be back in time if there are no delays.

I'll pass on howling at the moon tonight since we probably won't be able to see it.  I'll also celebrate international artist day, and all the wonderful performers we've met on BHBs, especially Naki Attaman.  I'll skip being punk for a day.

Today's quote is very true.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and the wine.

We have been to St. Lucia many times, beginning with our first cruise in 1987.  I do have some digital pictures which I'll repost in a few minutes.

The win of a gold medal in the 1964 Olympics by Dutchman Anton Geesink was a big win for The Netherlands.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, please wish Amy a HAPPY 49TH BIRTHDAY for us.  I think Ren will listen to his parents' thoughts about the various colleges, but will chose the one that is the best fit for him.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm sorry you are having problems with Tana's IV line.  I hope the nurse will be there soon to get it fixed.  Sending positive thoughts for Tana that the meds clear up the pneumonia soon.  I am happy you are feeling more settled now.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, our condolences on the passing of your cousin.  I hope you DH's eye pressure can be lowered without using too much of the itch producing meds.  I also hope you get approval from the new place soon.

@Mr. Boston  Safe travels today, and enjoy your getaway.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I'm glad you are enjoying the ship and the cruise so far.

@Haljo1935  I hope your flight is on time, and you and your luggage arrive safely and together.

@cat shepard  Ann, even this Texan loved the map.  It was worth reposting.

@lazey1  Jane, I'm glad you had a good time with your DS, but I'm sorry you tested positive.  I hope you have a mild case and are well soon.

393271918_1931955033872060_4494546437009198062_n.thumb.jpg.ce45777953617f3211edd008fc5f29c3.jpg

394586691_1933839693683594_220528050735274468_n.thumb.jpg.ef92416208e138fe45d67c6ec52811ef.jpg

391614718_1930597464007817_1972935639319394540_n.thumb.jpg.e18faca6845e354f56e21e827ada9a13.jpg

392939967_799910665269677_6040809195319541101_n.jpg.5440d8d217eb4976c49e9584bab6c902.jpg

387730360_6777934902263866_7172728069023525311_n.jpg.55dc00787df0c959b80c81c892ce5f51.jpg

391621038_727678639392761_2968191313621691206_n.jpg.a9b855f182e22a57ff59f26e0a5f9a5a.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 19

Good morning and Happy Hump Day!  I will pass on today's days.   A wonderful and very meaning quote by JK Rowling.    A fit for the world we live in today.   I have been to Castries three times and will be there again twice this winter.  I look forward to Debbie's meatball recipes, a favorite and a great to go with our Natl. Pasta day shared by Sandi.  I always thought that today's cocktail was a dog.  

Akita Dog Breed Health and Care | PetMD

I love the dog.    I will pass on today's wine.  

Prayers for everyone on our care list today.   Thinking of everyone going through so many life events that are difficult.   Prayers for all in war zones and innocent suffering from hate by others or just being in the wrong place at the wrong time, the people of Israel, the people of Ukraine and the innocents in the way in Gaza.   Prayers that the hostages will be released.   

Happy Anniversary @seagarsmoker🍾

112 Happy Anniversary Quotes, Wishes & Images—Wedding Anniversary

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 25

21 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Ann, Love your map!  It is so true.  I grew up in Woobin (Woburn) and have to spell it so people understand. My DH claims he is my interpreter. Even though we were transferred to Florida with the space program 35 years ago, I still talk like a Bostonian. 

Charlene, how funny. Every now & then my “accent” shows up. Not close enough to Bahston to have a really strong accent.

Though I will always refer to one of my parent’s Sisters as “Ahnt”, not “Ant”!

• Like 16
  • Haha 4

We have been to St. Lucia many times, but only twice when we had a digital camera.  We stopped there in 2000 on the Oriana and in 2015 on the Ruby Princess.  We've also been there on the Noordam III and the Ryndam.

We have always rented a car or hired a taxi and driven to Soufriere.  Twice when the ship was in port longer, we have continued on around the southern tip of the island and then across the island back to Castries.  In 2015, that part of the plan was derailed because of a flat tire.  It took a while to find a place to repair the tire, but we still made it to Soufriere and on to our favorite stop, the Ladera Resort and Dasheen Restaurant.

Thompson Celebration (AKA Noordam III) greeted us when we arrived in Castries in 2015.

DSC02106.thumb.JPG.5fe7e359a86f53a7a64324f90d4e85e7.JPG

Castries from our balcony

DSC02107.thumb.JPG.45f62743b2d860e953f8fce314300770.JPG

Ladera Resort and Dasheen Restaurant are just off the road south of Soufriere.  The resort is situated so you look out between the Pitons and down on Sugar Beach.  We've toured the resort and all the rooms face the water, and are open on the water side, even the bathrooms.  However, the tubs/showers have shower curtains on both sides.  These were all taken from Dasheen.

DSC02109.thumb.JPG.e9780fa0ec8fbae99a5032ca80660633.JPG

DSC02119.thumb.JPG.1688675a2082e9ce819d764c9e326579.JPG

DSC02112.thumb.JPG.61397230007b5999ea517d130155f114.JPG

DSC02122.thumb.JPG.a1d6d5c93b11e9a2f2e7ce7185249ae4.JPG

DSC02125.thumb.JPG.2b22b3148c0a864abb35af933bf3bde8.JPG

The hotel

DSC02127.thumb.JPG.bb6dd6929b9e190f5f9563d5cae88a81.JPG

Their gardens and a memorial to 9/11 in the gardens

DSC02121.thumb.JPG.2403ab91f654c3a9979e42872ccaaa87.JPG

DSC02126.thumb.JPG.1ad53ca0bf2da81df745a2596b427894.JPG

Soufriere

DSC02128.thumb.JPG.d7aaff52dc3b69efe1b451d01ce4acaa.JPG

DSC02130.thumb.JPG.3c8d47694821e0d024238ac32d74800d.JPG

DSC02132.thumb.JPG.81469f11a16df43801a3ea0214ee4808.JPG

Coast lines

P1150093.thumb.JPG.c7eeeed442c0e5f63c6a6f1e73fad208.JPG

P1150100.thumb.JPG.f76947b2274b2db9eacb175363807dfe.JPG

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, everyone!

It is a very balmy 63F here in mid-Michigan this morning.  Skies are overcast and we might get some rain, but I am enjoying the temperatures.  They are supposed to last through the week.  Next week gets seasonal again.  

Not much on the agenda today.  I'm going to the gym (doctor said it was ok).  Then to the grocery store.  I might stop by the credit union.  I paid off my car yesterday and want to divert that payment directly into savings.  

@seagarsmoker

7cdcffcb63097ea3e9f629bf99578a0b.jpg.3f613ea8775fffbb0c5209aa5d546e02.jpg

Who doesn't like meatballs?  I think they especially appeal to kids.  This first one has some good tips on how to make  your meatballs soft and melt away.   https://www.cookerru.com/italian-meatballs/

Italianmeatballs1.thumb.jpg.986f06bb628fec83cf08b13c4b3515ef.jpg

These are a beef and pork mixture.  Pork helps sweeten the meat a bit without adding sugar.  https://familystylefood.com/classic-italian-meatballs-2/

Italianmeatballs2.thumb.jpg.6089ea5305c2535369ecc36272c14b27.jpg

This recipe calls for grating the onion instead of chopping it finely.  The onion often causes the meatballs to fall apart and the grated onion doesn't.  They also have you soak your bread/bread crumbs with the grated onion to enhance the flavor.  https://www.recipetineats.com/classic-italian-meatballs-extra-soft-and-juicy/

Italianmeatballs3.thumb.jpg.038a9a72bd66a20fad7efd132f657d52.jpg

Here is a recipe for veal and sage meatballs with a marsala sauce.  https://www.italianfoodforever.com/2021/09/meatballs-with-sage-and-marsala/

Italianmeatballs4.jpg.4d09ffdd205b848cc915c6ef448b66c3.jpg

And here's one from Rachael Ray that includes gorgonzola cheese.  https://www.rachaelrayshow.com/recipes/21421_veal_and_sage_meatballs_with_gorgonzola

Italianmeatballs5.thumb.jpg.c1cd7bee789e517611feeef60ea4fd57.jpg

@0106 Tina, I hope you got some ideas from these.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 13

35 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

@rafinmd Roy, did you see the oncologist?  Thinking of you!

I did leading to a flurry of frustration and activity while no issues were found at the visit  My regular treatment is a hormone shot which they say leads to bone density loss, and they referred me for a bone density scan.  I discovered that my copy of the referral did not specify where it was to be done and I had to clarify that with the practice, and then their appointment online scheduler moved my appointment to a distant facility so I had to call and get that corrected.

They also changed their patient portal to a different company, and after a 30-minute call with them they could still not get me a login.  Breaking, the primary check on my status is a PSA test and the PA just called with the results which were a sharp increase.  So now I am on deck for a PET scan that I tolerated very poorly last time.

Frustrating.

Roy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 21

A few photos of Castries environs.    We have never done any off ship tours at the port but we will probably get a taxi tour this winter.  The first four photos were from our Nieuw Statendam March 2022.   We always dine on our balcony at sailaway when we have a NS.  I don't know if we will do it so much coming up on the Eurodam because our favorite waiter Aframe will be on the ship and will try eat in his area a lot, we got to know him on the Volendam.   The final 5 are from John's and my first cruise together and it was on the old Rotterdam out of Tampa and visited on 2/17/2019.   St. Lucia is one of our favorite ports because of the slow spins that the captain does to view the Pitons and we have been blessed with great weather and the second is listening to the roosters crowing as we sail in during the early morning hours. Ship in port with us is the Konigsdam.   Have a lovely day!  Nancy 

departing SL 322.JPG

Carpaccio Pitons 322.jpg

st lucia boat.JPG

st lucia skiff.JPG

21819 Moon Pitons.jpg

SL harbor airport.jpg

SL Kdam harbor 21719.jpg

sunny Kdam 21719.jpg

SL harbor 21719.jpg

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I was howling last night, although not at the moon. I'll salute artists. I won't be a punk for a day. Good quote. Yes to the meal. Pass on the drink and wine. I've been to Saint Lucia on my first ever cruise, in 2004 on the Golden Princess - I'm not sure of the port name. BFF and I went on a catamaran to see the Pitons.

It's 56 and cloudy, but going to be a nice day. I had the worst night of sleep last night. My watch shows I got 1H50min. I tried to remember things to be grateful for during the night, but it was tough. I had managed a 40 minute nap yesterday afternoon. The pain center called earlier and wanted to get me in today at 3. I had a dental cleaning at 2, and called to see if I could get in earlier or another day. Next available hygienist appointment is May 2024! I took it and asked to be put on the cancellation list.

@seagarsmoker Happy Anniversary!

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to your niece Amy. Good luck to Ren with his eventual decision about where to play. Thanks for the Saint Lucia photos.

@smitty34877 Continued prayers for Tana, you and the family. I hope the IV gets straightened out and that the antibiotics are working for Tana.

@RMLincoln I hope DH's eye pressure improves. Condolences on the loss of your cousin. I envy those with lots of family.

@0106 Nice photos.

@Haljo1935 Safe travels.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for the photos.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes.

@rafinmd Sorry to hear of all the scheduling issues and the elevation in PSA. Prayers that the PET scan is easier this time.

@ottahand7 Nice photos.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 13

1 minute ago, ottahand7 said:

A few photos of Castries environs.    We have never done any off ship tours at the port but we will probably get a taxi tour this winter.  The first four photos were from our Nieuw Statendam March 2022.   We always dine on our balcony at sailaway when we have a NS.  I don't know if we will do it so much coming up on the Eurodam because our favorite waiter Aframe will be on the ship and will try eat in his area a lot, we got to know him on the Volendam.   The final 5 are from John's and my first cruise together and it was on the old Rotterdam out of Tampa and visited on 2/17/2019.   St. Lucia is one of our favorite ports because of the slow spins that the captain does to view the Pitons and we have been blessed with great weather and the second is listening to the roosters crowing as we sail in during the early morning hours.   Have a lovely day!  Nancy 

departing SL 322.JPG

Carpaccio Pitons 322.jpg

st lucia boat.JPG

st lucia skiff.JPG

21819 Moon Pitons.jpg

SL harbor airport.jpg

SL Kdam harbor 21719.jpg

sunny Kdam 21719.jpg

SL harbor 21719.jpg

Nancy, that's when we were in St. Lucia in 2019, February 17.  We were on Rotterdam and Koningsdam was across the harbor.  That was a nice sail away following Koningsdam.  Were you in an aft NS that cruise, having dinner on the verandah?  We started our cruise on Feb. 3 with too much fog to leave Tampa and had to spend the night tied up at the dock until midday Feb. 4.

• Like 17