The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday January 24th, 2024

kazu

Today is Beer Can Appreciation Day, Belly Laugh Day, and Change a Pet’s Life Day

The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.--C.S. Lewis

Meal Suggestion for today - Baked Salmon Cakes
Drink of the Day - Gin and Tonic
Wine of the Day - Barboursville Vineyards 2019 Octagon Red (Virginia)
Destination of the Day - Haifa (Tel Aviv), Israel 

Today in History:
1848 James Marshall finds gold in Sutter's Mill in Coloma, California
1857 University of Calcutta founded as the first full-fledged university in South Asia
1908 Lieutenant General Robert Baden-Powell publishes "Scouting for Boys" as a manual for self-instruction in outdoor skills and self-improvement. The book becomes the inspiration for the Scout Movement.
1984 Apple Computer Inc unveils its revolutionary Macintosh personal computer

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 7:00-15:00 

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Ensenada, Baja California Mexico eta 01-29

Nieuw Amsterdam

Key West, Florida 07:00 - 23:00 

Nieuw Statendam

Ocho Rios, Jamaica 08:00 - 16:00 

Oosterdam

Puerto Madryn, Argentina 08:00 - 17:00 

Rotterdam

Grand Cayman Island, George Town Harbour 07:00 - 16:00 

Zaandam

Huatulco, La Crucecita, Mexico Riviera 08:00 - 14:00 

Zuiderdam

Panama Canal 05:00 - 05:00 

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Tauranga, Rotorua, New Zealand 08:00 - 20:00 

Volendam

Mystery Island, Aneityum, Vanuatu 08:00 - 17:00 

Westerdam

Sihanoukville, Cambodia 08:00 - 21:00

• Like 21
  • Thanks 21

Couldn’t sleep!

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors! 

Beer can appreciation Day. I wear it proudly!

IMG_1351.thumb.png.cfedab5d2a9db969c296b4bca86db3c0.png

Or maybe as a taco holder.

IMG_1628.thumb.png.282fe2c4ba6ec85c6a59281bf454581f.png

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 24

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP, gtube

RMLincoln’d DH’s eye surgery yesterday, and trip back home today

Passing of Deb (Kindergirl), who enlisted help from CC getting her elderly parents home from AU, when they had to disembark the WC in 2020 

StLouisCruisers’ BIL with Covid, niece and twin improved

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness; trouble walking

All in the path of storms and frigid temperatures

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with pulmonary issues

Vict0riann’s Pat needing a heart valve replacement

Ger_77’s DH Maurice needing heart valve replacement

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Birthday cruising-along (Carolyn)!

Cunnorl’s Nephew & Wife’s new baby Ryan Charles

Cruzin Terri’s surgical wound concern being an adhesive allergy

Vmax1700’s DW feeling better

Seagarsmoker getting a new job!

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Tupper10 (Rotterdam Jan 26 to Feb 4) 9d Southern Caribbean

5 days for 0106 (Oosterdam Jan 29 to Feb 20) - celebrating her birthday on board, 22d SA & Antarctica

6 days for summer slope (Koningsdam Jan 30 to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii

6 days for Sharon in AZ (Koningsdam Jan 30 to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii

6 days for Quartzsite Cruiser (Koningsdam Jan 30 to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii

6 days for Dfish (Koningsdam Jan 30 to Feb 17) 18d Circle Hawaii, with Sue

7 days for Cruzin Terri (Oceania Vista Jan 31 to Feb 11) 11d Windward Islands Explorer Miami to Miami

Sailingdutchy (Rotterdam to Feb 4, 21d PC Sunfarer & Southern Caribbean Seafarer),Ottahand7 (Eurodam to Feb 24 B2B2B2B2B Caribbean), Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl(Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Cruise), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

• Like 23
  • Thanks 18

I’m awake early but a decent enough night. Weather window looks good!  Hoping the surgeon is happy with DH’s eye and we can drive home!  

I enjoyed my gin and tonic last evening!  No beer cans around us today!  

Blessings sent out earlier!  
Congratulations and celebrations on new baby and birthday!  
Prayers for the world!  
Maureen 

• Like 35

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report!

It is warming back up here. Going to be in the 70's rest of the week.

More honey do list items to work on today. 🙂

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! 

20231106_054614.jpg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

Gin and Tonic cocktail:

A gin and tonic or, less frequently, gin tonic, is a highball cocktail made with gin and tonic water poured over a large amount of ice. The ratio of gin to tonic varies according to taste, strength of the gin, other drink mixers being added, etc., with most recipes calling for a ratio between 1:1 and 1:3. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Gin
Ingredients: 1 part to 3 parts gin (to taste), 3 parts tonic water
Preparation: In a glass filled with ice cubes, add gin and tonic.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: A slice or wedge of lime
Drinkware: Highball glass, Rocks glass

Screenshot 2024-01-24 at 6.27.44 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 15

Greetings from beautiful Punta Gorda 

Finally some warm weather, heading up to 83 today, will be a lot easier to swing the golf club today 

Interesting quote, I try to be as good of a person as I can be and it’s in God’s hand after that

DW makes great Salmon cakes, we call them patties and she adds a slice of American cheese on each one, very tasty

Talk about belly laughs, I watched “It’s a Mad Mad Mad World” the other night and the first time I saw that movie in 1964 my stomach hurt from so many belly laughs

i don’t care for beer and so don’t appreciate beer cans.

It’s hard to beat a tall gin and tonic on a hot summer day after a round of golf

Have a great day and stay well

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 31

Good morning.  Happy Hump Day.  Thanks for the Report.  Thanks for the maps.

Above freezing today with a chance of showers.   We have lots of snow on the ground so rain will make things very messy.  Bertie did very well with his check up yesterday, he got a booster shot and we were told he should lose a bit of weight, I guess that's how we will change a pet's life.

I like the quote.

I haven't made salmon patties in ages, looking forward to seeing recipes, maybe that will be on the menu soon.  Gin and tonic is my go to drink if I don't want wine.  I hope the wine is tasty.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.

Have a great day.  Stay safe.

• Like 29

Good morning.

It is 46°F in North East England.

I prefer beer in bottles.

Pets deserve a nice day everyday.

Having a belly laugh is good but can take your breath away.

Hopefully we are all good and I'm sure God loves us all.

Never been to Tel Aviv but a good friend and op of Royal Caribbean daily lives there and I wish her well every day.

I hope everyone is safe and well on here.

Screenshot_20240124_113015.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 8

Good morning friends!  It's a misty morning, 50F and we expect occasional showers and a high of 64 later.  When I looked outside this morning at 5 am I saw 4 deer nibbling at the acorns under the pin oak, thanks to the street lamp right next to the tree.  The more they eat the less we have to rake up and sweep up off the sidewalk and street.  Now the squirrels won't be able to dig up my yard with them either.  We had a bumper crop of acorns this year.

Thank you Jacqui @kazu for posting the Fleet Report and Daily and thank you Roy @rafinmd for the fleet maps.  I appreciate beer cans but we don't have any here, just bottles.  A good belly laugh is good for the mental outlook.  Change a Pet's Life Day is a nice day to recognize.  I think we all know someone who radically changed her pet's life and that is Jacqui!  Ivan is a lucky boy!  The quote is interesting, the meal sounds good, DH likes gin and tonics, and I'll pass on the red wine.  Too many days in history for me to remember and comment on.  Overload!  Thanks Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for helping out with the F&B reports each day.

Prayers this morning for my family and friends, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the still held hostages, and the U.S. military in the region. 🙏 Also for many of us here on the Daily in need of prayer with health issues and stress and worry.  Prayers for Joy's @Seasick Sailor's friend Ron and her other friends in need of them as well.  🙏  I named as many of you as I could this morning so you're covered!  We've got this!

Congratulations to Charlene's @cunnorl's nephew and wife on the birth of Ryan Charles. 🎉 Happy Birthday to Carolyn @Cruising-along!!🎂  Also congrats to anyone else celebrating happy events and the cruisers at sea and preparing to cruise! 🥂  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for keeping up the lists for us.  Prayers for you everyday to find better health and lots of sleep.😴

The port this morning is Haifa (Tel Aviv), Israel.  This was the port on Dec. 21, 2021, July 23, 2022 and August 30, 2023.  I believe most of us probably visit Nazareth from Haifa.  We went there once, and our plans for a second visit there in 2024 have been scuttled due to the war there now.  First time we were on Prinsendam in 2014.  

Here are the links for you:

Hope everyone here enjoys this Wednesday and stays safe and well.  Be careful while traveling!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 7

Happy Wednesday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

The temps are warming up. High on Friday might get to 60. Rain for the next few days. 

Today I have a hair appointment and seeing a few clients. 

259 days until my next cruise!

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating.

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.e9042535ed9111e6f0d37ea89686a795.png

• Like 26
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 46°F in North East England.

I prefer beer in bottles.

Pets deserve a nice day everyday.

Having a belly laugh is good but can take your breath away.

Hopefully we are all good and I'm sure God loves us all.

Never been to Tel Aviv but a good friend and op of Royal Caribbean daily lives there and I wish her well every day.

I hope everyone is safe and well on here.

Screenshot_20240124_113015.jpg

Good morning Graham!  Thank you for the information on the America Can Company.  My DF worked for American Can Company as a mechanic repairing all the machinery for many, many years.  Then my DB went to work there as a lithographer (printing what's on the cans) for quite a few years as well.  He believes that is the source of his pulmonary fibrosis with all the toxic chemicals he worked with.  Hopefully things are much safer in the can company business these days.

Hope you have a wonderful day Graham and the same for Pauline!😊

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Haifa (Nazareth), Israel

Here are a few pics from our wonderful day touring Nazareth in 2014 on Prinsendam.  First is the Church of the Annunciation

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

The wooden door depicts scenes from the life of Jesus.

In the courtyard are exhibitions of mosaic paintings all from different countries and they reflect the country they were made in.

Photos from the Grotto or cave of the Annunciation.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIJ3n0HWOdpMFrU0KfPWaVO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416772325

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJUV9trb1iBtVgYuqMvb1Gr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416772354

The Chuch of St. Joseph which is built on what used to be the carpentry workshop of Joseph, father of Jesus.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIkrW06fwfLhqDUfaclze9X?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416772401

Statue of Joseph, Mary and Jesus

Next, traveling past the Sea of Galilee to Yardenit, where the Jordan River flows.  We would have our lunch there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

DH's lunch.  Needless to say I chose something else.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

The Jordan River where John the Baptist baptized his cousin Jesus of Nazareth.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Hard to see with the glare but there are people dressed in white doing a baptism.

Next up was Mount of Beatitudes where we are told Jesus gave his Sermon on the Mount.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

From the grounds you have a lovely view of the Sea of Galilee.

We briefly visited the Church of the Primacy of St. Peter where allegedly Jesus bestowed church leadership on Apostle Peter.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Then to Capernaum also known as Capharnaum.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

This was Haifa in the morning before our tour

And this was after the tour when we returned to the Prinsendam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

• Like 20
  • Thanks 10

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Haifa (Nazareth), Israel

Here are a few pics from our wonderful day touring Nazareth in 2014 on Prinsendam.  First is the Church of the Annunciation

The wooden door depicts scenes from the life of Jesus.

In the courtyard are exhibitions of mosaic paintings all from different countries and they reflect the country they were made in.

Photos from the Grotto or cave of the Annunciation.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIJ3n0HWOdpMFrU0KfPWaVO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416772325

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJUV9trb1iBtVgYuqMvb1Gr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416772354

The Chuch of St. Joseph which is built on what used to be the carpentry workshop of Joseph, father of Jesus.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIkrW06fwfLhqDUfaclze9X?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1416772401

Statue of Joseph, Mary and Jesus

Next, traveling past the Sea of Galilee to Yardenit, where the Jordan River flows.  We would have our lunch there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

DH's lunch.  Needless to say I chose something else.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

The Jordan River where John the Baptist baptized his cousin Jesus of Nazareth.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Hard to see with the glare but there are people dressed in white doing a baptism.

Next up was Mount of Beatitudes where we are told Jesus gave his Sermon on the Mount.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

From the grounds you have a lovely view of the Sea of Galilee.

We briefly visited the Church of the Primacy of St. Peter where allegedly Jesus bestowed church leadership on Apostle Peter.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Then to Capernaum also known as Capharnaum.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

This was Haifa in the morning before our tour

And this was after the tour when we returned to the Prinsendam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Superb photos Sandi.

I hope you and Dennis have a lovely day.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning, thanks for the daily fleet report.  We got a light dusting of snow overnight.  I prefer my beer in bottles instead of cans.  I’d like to think that I’ve made a difference for the good with all my rescues.  

I hope everyone has a good day today.
image.thumb.png.eca2e821d5eb85c15f990252b1b1f45e.png

• Like 21
  • Haha 12

Good morning, everyone!  

Not much variation in temperature here.  It is currently 33F with a projected high of 36F.  As long as it stays above freezing, I am happy.  I have doctor appointments this morning.  One is the annual "wellness" visit where I get to count backwards from 100 by 7s, recite stupid word lists and discuss dead presidents.  I told my doctor I would do that once, but that was it.  A physician friend calls them fishing for diagnosis exercises.  I don't need any new diagnosis, thanks.  Let's deal with the ones I have.  That should keep them busy enough.  The second one is a regular appointment.  

Sue found out today that her son and his wife had their baby.  They didn't bother to call her, but she saw it on Facebook.  They didn't mention the name, but the baby was 4 pounds - a little early at 36 weeks.  

Today's meal sounds good to me!  I'd go for these for the avocado dressing.  That sounds tasty!  https://www.skinnytaste.com/baked-salmon-cakes/

bakedsalmoncakes1.thumb.jpg.a75fa2f5fc37556a599428d7afbbe203.jpg

A friend and I once made something similar to this with tuna and then we grilled them.  This recipe looks pretty straightforward and easy.  https://keviniscooking.com/salmon-patties/

bakedsalmoncakes2.thumb.jpg.f7ceab16ff88b47100d43278a5677c92.jpg

Lastly, we have Ina Garten's recipe.  This one isn't baked, but I think you could do that.   https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/salmon-cakes-recipe-1916217

bakedsalmoncakes3.thumb.jpeg.246f61f4eeb071a6302b36ce14618622.jpeg

We are in the mode of eating up what is in the fridge so we don't come home to a lot of spoiled food.  But, I will hang on to these recipes for when we do get home. 

@Cruising-along

HappyBirthday2.jpg.ab864713f922427cb6e7ab6e4b39de26.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 14

Good morning. We had an enjoyable day yesterday and thank you again for all of Sue’s birthday wishes. Every where we went the crew onboard was wishing and singing birthday wishes. Even the Hotel Director Elizebeth stopped by to convey birthday wishes. This small ship atmosphere is something else. The HD Elizebeth held a Cross Stitch class yesterday.

As we approach Easter Island I can feel ship movement from swells. This is not good. Captain said he has to first sail to usual anchorage area for tendering. If that doesn’t work he will ask permission to sail to North side and see if we could tender from a cove there. It is what it is and we knew there was only a fifty per cent chance.

We had an after dinner drink in the Living Room (Crows Nest) saw a beautiful sunset and retired early.

Fortunately we visited Tel Aviv a few years ago so that makes it easier for our cancelled visit this time.

It’s time for coffee. Thanks for the Report and featured post. Bruce

image.jpeg.4c493250fa61637de14884aca154e59f.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8