The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday March 12th, 2024

kazu

Posted (edited)

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Beautiful sunny day here.  Three nice days to recognize, I just cleaned out our home office last week so I can skip that.  Not sure about today’s quote, there’s so much here that I’d like to discover that’s a known.  The meal and drink suggestions sound nice.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for those on our prayer list and condolences to @Nickelpenny on your loss. Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!  Happy birthday to @Quartzsite Cruiser and @Overhead Fred’s Mitzi! 🥂

Edited by Mr. Boston
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Equal pay for women hasn't reached equal yet, it's high time it did.  Yay for the girl scouts, and I'm not so sure about organizing our home office.  One of our bedrooms is the designated computer room / sewing supplies room / cruise and travel tub storage room / and DH's library of music books room.  Oh, and where Sochi sleeps on a shelf above the printer during the day room.  I could start by getting rid of a bunch of post-its that are outdated.  Baby steps.

@Hogladyriderwelcome to the Daily; you'll find we're a warm and welcoming bunch, where everyone is willing to help and support each other in troubling times, as well as celebrating the good ones.

@Quartzsite CruiserHappy Birthday Lenda; I hope you have many happy, healthy returns of the day!

@Overhead Fredplease wish Mitzi Happy Birthday from me as well.

@smitty34877 thank you for the photo of our sweet Camilla; I can't believe she's that big already.  She's still a stunner!

@marshhawkI seriously think you could write a book about your life's adventures . . . and no, they aren't inappropriate, just very interesting!

@Nickelpennymy heart goes out to you as you grieve for your sweet Martina.  

Thank you for your good wishes for Maurice yesterday; his CT scan went well.  They took him to a separate area of the hospital where there was a larger, more intensive scanner.  The technician described is thusly:  A regular scan is like a bread slicer where you get 16 slices from a single loaf.  The intensive scanner gives you 256 slices from that same loaf.  Made sense to me!  Now the results go to the cardiac surgeon and we wait to see what will happen.  DH remains in good spirits, and is always ready to go for a drive or shopping, even if he has to go slowly.

This morning I'm heading out for breakfast with my retired colleagues - it was postponed from last Tuesday when we had so much snow, nobody could get off their driveways - while DH is going off in the other direction to get a hair cut.  Not overly exciting, just day to day activities.  I think I'd like the drink of the day (just one, as it sounds quite sweet), would enjoy the wine, and will pass on the menu suggestion.  I've got some ground beef thawing that will be made into hamburgers for the George Foreman to grill up, and will serve them along with oven fried potatoes and a side salad for us to enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in pain, in grief, and in need of a boost.  Cheers to all with celebrations happening today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 8

Good morning everyone!  I am still dealing with DST.  I stay up just as late as I always do but don't get up until the sun is up.  

@Nickelpenny I am so sorry that you lost your Martina.  What a sad way to lose your kitty and I am sure the young man petsitting is devastated too.  

angel wings.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the Daily and maps @kazu and @rafinmd.  I hope to make it to today's port some time in the future.  A good quote by Nabokov.   I will pass on the meal, the squash has halted for a while and the slow cooker is out, not my favorite way to cook.  To me everything tastes the same in the dish.  Another banana cocktail, nope.  Today's Aussie wine looks like a winner.  

@JazzyV thanks for compiling our daily cares and celebrations lists.   Prayers for everyone needing them and people in war zones through no fault of their own.   @Haljo1935  thinking of you this morning,  I hope that you get good news.  @marshhawk I feel for you having to keep Chuck on an even keel and he is suffering from his cancer so much.  

@smitty34877 thanks for sharing the photo of Miss Camilla my she has grown! 

Another day of Zoom for me.  11:30-5:15 with a ten minute break.  I guess they expect us to eat during the classes.  There was a test last night and the only one I got wrong was a poorly worded question that no answer would have been correct.   It is a beautiful day here, I hope it holds through tomorrow.  Then almost an inch of rain around the weekend.  High of 64 today and high predicted for 39 on Monday,  I am simply we have no snow!   When we got home from the cruise there was a little black pile of snow in the Walmart parking lot,  that is long gone.  Have a lovely day!   Nancy

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

It is sunny today on north Jersey!  May get into 60s.   Very springlike. Yesterday was very windy but the sun came out earlier than the app predicted so that was a lift. @grapau27 North Sea looks grey today. I think I don’t mind the greyness of the sea as much because the sea is always moving. That tells me I need to look at the land a bit differently.🤔 Hugs to Sarah and you all, this loss will take its time to absorb, sending extra hugs!  

🎂 Happy Birthday to Lenda and Mitzi! 🎆 Kicknoff an inspiring year!  

@Nickelpenny we are 💔 with you. It is traumatic to get unexpected news of a loved ones passing while you are far away. I’m sorry you are alone aboard … usually there’s a chaplain aboard, someone you could talk with - the 3Cs of chaplaincy are Comfort, Care and Counsel. Of course you have us!  Sending hugs 🤗 

@Cruzin Terri Glad to hear you’re there safely, hoping for smooth tests and a better path forward!  It’s extra hard keeping an eye in Jim, don’t be shy to ask for help!  

@StLouisCruisers We’re all relieved to know that Morgan is in her new home. I think at her time in life it’s fun setting up a new place!  

Can’t get the @name right, oiy,  but glad to hear the cyber attack is getting healed!  You are a wonder-worker!  

Thinking of @ger_77, DH and Wayne…. and @cat shepard’s DS… and @kazu’s winter mess… and others whose names and handles and situations muddle… but you are in my heart! 

Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope!  For my country, your country and great sadnesses and sufferings in the world. 
Toasts to those celebrating Life🌈 is Good!  
Smooth travels to all away, stunning sunrise pictures @bennybear!  Glad you got something to eat before slogging your way home!  

@aliaschief glad to hear they will support those who want to debark in Dubai and rejoin in Venice!  I think that’s what we’d want to do!  So many places come to mind that I’d want to stay at for an extended time, what a grand opportunity!  

Quick update on my SiL… spoke with my niece last night, today is first radiation treatment🤞. No telling how well or how long she can tolerate treatment much less how effective it might be or what the next steps might be. There’s a lot we don’t know in this life, we all keep doing the best we can! 😇 

Thanks ALL for being here. Thank you Jacqui, Roy, Vanessa!  Everyone stay safe and well today!  One day at a time is Everything. 
Maureen 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7

It's too late to edit my post, but I wanted to say to @Haljo1935 that perhaps today's 1:1 with her boss and his boss is to say she's getting a raise or a promotion, not that she's being let go.  Keeping my fingers crossed and sending good vibes your way.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

I may not have work today depending on what my boss has to say this morning. He moved our 1:1 up to this morning and added his boss, so I expect it to be adios. After I got the call invite last night, I submitted a couple IT tickets that I was going to do today JIC as the teams need the work done and if this is "the call" I will not do anything after.

Well, they would be crazy to bid you adios 😡. I hope that is not the case and, perhaps there is a promotion or raise instead?  In any case, I’ll be thinking of you this morning and hoping for the best.

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

My niece sent a picture of Camilla cooking with her Dad to cheer me up. She is a really happy child and does everything with gusto.

IMG_8507.jpeg

OMG - how cute and sweet ♥️. Love the matching aprons!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

@smitty34877 Terry, I thought of you and your household when I posted today's meal.  This is one that is easily done for the vegetarians as well as the carnivores.  MIss Camilla is as cute as they come!  Thank you for posting an updated picture!

@marshhawk No, you were not inappropriate. I share  your concern about Chuck and that may be why his oncologist is telling him to eat what he wants.  When my dad was in the hospital once he was losing weight and the nurse was concerned.  She asked what he liked to eat and encouraged us to bring him his favorite meals even if it was KFC.  We brought him St. Pauli Girl NA and creamed herring.  She kept it in the fridge in the office behind the nursing station with his name on it.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Good sunny morning. It’s going up to 65 today and 70 tomorrow and Thursday. 
I’ve been to Edinburgh many times but never by ship, love it there. 
@marshhawk, we discovered the cat treat several years ago and introduced our vet to it. My kids love it. 
Birthday blessings to Lenda and Mitzi.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

@Nickelpenny  Pennie, I'm so very sorry about Martina's passing.  It's hard enough when we are with our fur babies as they cross the Rainbow Bridge.  I can't imagine how hard this is for you, and for the young man who was taking care of Martina.  The way he took care of her afterwards, and the memorial show how much he cared about Martina, too.  Hugs to you.

master_380x304.jpg.eeaa6a57a56f673a17a2ac316648ebb6.jpg

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Happy birthday @Quartzsite Cruiser and Mitzi @Overhead Fred. Hope you both have a great day

hugs to you @Nickelpenny. Always hard to lose a beloved pet but even sadder when you are so far from home.

lovely sunshine today, warming up. DH is itching to work in the garden and has gone to DD’s house to hoe the beds he set up last weekend. Unfortunately it will get very cold again in about a week. My hellebores survived the last bout of cold, hopefully they will survive the next one too.

IMG_0269.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, GTVCRUISER said:

Countdown to St Patty`s Day

GRRRRR!

It is Patrick or Paddy, never ever Patty (which is female!).

(for future reference....😉)

@Quartzsite Cruiser happy birthday

@Overhead Fred happy birthday to Mitzi.

Today is my DW's (Ellen's) birthday.......she is ** years old today.  (see, I knew it was a bad number when C.C. blanked it out just like a swear word 😂)

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 9

Hello everyone!

On the Volendam currently on our way to a 2 day POC in Auckland,  NZ.

All is good. 

@Nickelpenny very sad to hear about your sweet Martina. Hugs to you.😥

@smitty34877 thank you for the pic of sweet Camilla! She is perfect and beautiful.  Such a big girl now. 😊

Celebrate the day all as we were given another.

Prayers for us all too.

Take care,

Caron

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Before I get into my normal morning post, I want to thank everyone who has sent me birthday wishes.  It is heartwarming to receive so many wonderful Happy Birthdays, especially from such a great group of people.

Thanks to @puppycanducruise Melanie, @smitty34877 Terry, @Haljo1935 Elizabeth, @rafinmd Roy, @StLouisCruisers Sandi, @cat shepard Ann, @summer slope Dixie, @aliaschief Bruce, @grapau27 Graham, @Denise T Denise, @cunnorl Charlene, @dfish Debbie, @kazu Jacqui, @seagarsmoker J. Brown, @quilty964 Karen, @marshhawk  Annie, @Mr. Boston,  @ger_77  Gerry, @RMLincoln Maureen, @1ANGELCAT , @superoma Eva and @VMax1700.

I hope I didn't miss anyone.  I would have liked to thank everyone individually, but I was afraid that would make the Daily way to long.

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

It is sunny today on north Jersey!  May get into 60s.   Very springlike. Yesterday was very windy but the sun came out earlier than the app predicted so that was a lift. @grapau27 North Sea looks grey today. I think I don’t mind the greyness of the sea as much because the sea is always moving. That tells me I need to look at the land a bit differently.🤔 Hugs to Sarah and you all, this loss will take its time to absorb, sending extra hugs!  

🎂 Happy Birthday to Lenda and Mitzi! 🎆 Kicknoff an inspiring year!  

@Nickelpenny we are 💔 with you. It is traumatic to get unexpected news of a loved ones passing while you are far away. I’m sorry you are alone aboard … usually there’s a chaplain aboard, someone you could talk with - the 3Cs of chaplaincy are Comfort, Care and Counsel. Of course you have us!  Sending hugs 🤗 

@Cruzin Terri Glad to hear you’re there safely, hoping for smooth tests and a better path forward!  It’s extra hard keeping an eye in Jim, don’t be shy to ask for help!  

@StLouisCruisers We’re all relieved to know that Morgan is in her new home. I think at her time in life it’s fun setting up a new place!  

Can’t get the @name right, oiy,  but glad to hear the cyber attack is getting healed!  You are a wonder-worker!  

Thinking of @ger_77, DH and Wayne…. and @cat shepard’s DS… and @kazu’s winter mess… and others whose names and handles and situations muddle… but you are in my heart! 

Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope!  For my country, your country and great sadnesses and sufferings in the world. 
Toasts to those celebrating Life🌈 is Good!  
Smooth travels to all away, stunning sunrise pictures @bennybear!  Glad you got something to eat before slogging your way home!  

@aliaschief glad to hear they will support those who want to debark in Dubai and rejoin in Venice!  I think that’s what we’d want to do!  So many places come to mind that I’d want to stay at for an extended time, what a grand opportunity!  

Quick update on my SiL… spoke with my niece last night, today is first radiation treatment🤞. No telling how well or how long she can tolerate treatment much less how effective it might be or what the next steps might be. There’s a lot we don’t know in this life, we all keep doing the best we can! 😇 

Thanks ALL for being here. Thank you Jacqui, Roy, Vanessa!  Everyone stay safe and well today!  One day at a time is Everything. 
Maureen 

Thank you Maureen.

We posted a nice condolences card  in Sarah's mam's door who lives next door to us and she pushed it back through our letterbox with 🤢 unfriendly words written on it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 15

Posted (edited)

Good morning from a sunny Quartzsite.  It was 49F when I got up at 7 am and it is now 54F.  We are headed to a high of 75F this afternoon with less wind than yesterday.  When I finish here, DH is taking me out for a drive-thru breakfast.

Equal pay sounds like a no brainer, but we still have a ways to go before women receive equal pay for the same work.  I was a Girl Scout as were the DDs.  All I'll say is my side of the home office here and in Texas is pretty organized, and DH has worked on his side so it's better.  😁

An interesting quote from Vladimir Nabokov, but like Roy @rafinmd I want to wait a long time to find out if the second part is true.

The meal sounds interesting, but we'll pass on that and the drink.  The wine sounds like a good one.

We have been to Edinburgh several times, but since we were on Prinsendam, we always docked in Rosyth.  I guess we were near Newhaven when we toured the Britannia.

I'll celebrate the three days in history.

@kazu  Jacqui, I loved the Request From the Rainbow Bridge even though it brought tears to my eyes.

@MISTER 67  Wow on your DS and DDIL's flight delays.  I'm glad the finally made it home safely.

@Haljo1935  Elizabeth, I hope all goes well with the meeting, and that those who think it's a raise and/or a promotion are correct.  I hope the new exercise helps the should and that the pain goes away soon.

@aliaschief  Thanks for the great pictures of all the different tribes, Bruce.

@smitty34877  Terry, I love the picture of Miss Camilla cooking with her dad.  She is still our little cutie, but not so little anymore.  Her dad is brave to put on the matching apron, much less share a picture of him wearing it.

@marshhawk  Annie, your post last night was not inappropriate, and there are times we just have to get things out.  I'm sorry Chuck's surgery did not fix the problem, and that now he is in pain on top of the the fuzziness.  I'm also concerned about his weight loss.  

@ottahand7  Nancy, the southwest birthday card was beautiful.

@grapau27  Graham, I'm so very sorry that Pauline's sister chose not to reconcile with the family.  It's her loss, but I know it affected both of you deeply.

@cat shepard  Ann, I hope your DS will be moved to Encompass soon.  Yesterday, DH expressed the same hope to me, and he has first hand knowledge of the good work and great care the provide.

358055817_1696217397486215_4651723068236312316_n.jpg.688e822df7d2104b4cc347a815cd6cbb.jpg

359781469_770124498450003_5552340329824323236_n.jpg.ab7569f73fecb0d59bf2f7fa47854778.jpg

365497086_785509333369112_7351760070546879774_n.thumb.jpg.da3d1337703418fcf9d1d1a34dbaa45b.jpg

367728930_1719917718449516_2731195992741866156_n.jpg.4884d47a1ba516c5ef07d68d1692f564.jpg

368048809_864139861742351_8022927512069548029_n.jpg.15491fe3e07d60f074538e819d947a9a.jpg

368215761_1322641021903603_3860024404258121234_n.jpg.ba4ca5c7ff8bcf90f2269e6caa99567e.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 14