Fires in the Texas panhandle and OK

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; loss of US military members

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

StLouisCruisers’ nephew Alex’s twins

RMLincoln’s in Rehab hospital, getting radiation treatments

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Birthday to grapau27’s DW Pauline!

Welcome to the Daily fruitmachine!

57redbird in Maui for a 2 week vacation

StLouisCruisers’ DGD Morgan moved into her new place

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy discharged to home!

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas Mar 15 to Mar 23) 8d Southeast Coast & Bahamas, with her sister

3 days for Suslor (Zaandam Mar 16 to Mar 30) 14d Panama Canal

3 days for RedNeckBob (Celebrity Reflection March 16 to March 24) 8d E. Caribbean, then (Nieuw Statendam March 24 to March 31) 7d E. Caribbean

3 days for Crazy For Cats (Eurodam Mar 16 to Mar 27) 11d E. Caribbean Wayfarer

4 days for Scrapnana (Rotterdam Mar 17 to Mar 29) 12d E. Caribbean Wayfarer

Nickelpenny (Zaandam to Mar 16 2024) 28d Amazon Explorer, Mtn2Sea (Zaandam to Mar 16 2024) 28d Amazon Explorer, 0106 (Nieuw Statendam to Mar 17) 14d W/E Caribbean, w/BFF, USN59-79 (Seabourn Sojourn to Mar 24) 33d Sydney to Taipei + 17d in Taipei, Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

2 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@grapau27  Happy Birthday to dear Pauline.

shopping.webp

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Today it's 45F with an expected high temp of 73 and partly cloudy skies.  I believe DH has our roofer coming out to inspect our roof and hopefully take care of any problems he sees.  We had a little water coming into the attic after our big rains (2.25 inches) overnight last Friday.  We saw evidence on the primary bathroom ceiling.  If you can stop the water intrusion and see a slight stain on your ceiling you can use a misting spray bottle filled with 50/50 bleach and water on it.  Protect or remove anything below it of course.  My tip of the day.😉

Thanks to Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for posting the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps for Rich @richwmn.  Do we really need a day to remind us to fill our staplers?  Every girl wins day sounds great, and I salute K9 Veterans!  No comments come to mind on the quote, bran muffins don't sound like a complete meal to me, but I don't mind them.  No thank you to the drink and wine today.  Wow, two big discoveries of planets on this date in history and a useful invention in the horse racing world.  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today!

Prayers for DB, great nephew Alex's twins, Scott and Susan, and all our Dailyites in need of them. I try to name all of you personally! 🙏 Also to the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and our men and women in uniform in the region.  Good luck to Chuck @catmando at his procedure today and to Annie @marshhawk as she tries to keep everything together during these difficult times.  🙏

Congratulations to Pauline on her birthday today!  May you have many more Pauline! 🎂 For all others with special events and cruises, I send my best wishes to you all.  🥂  Thank you so much Vanessa @JazzyV for your list keeping.  I believe DGD Morgan will be fine so you can take her off the list.  I'll keep you updated.  Hope you are doing well this morning!👍

The port destination today is Aomori, Japan.  This was our port three times before on April 9, 2021, Dec. 14, 2022, and July 29, 2023.  I have not been there before but do have the links ready for you if you need them to retrieve your photos.  Here they are.

I got an updated shingles shot yesterday and it's really making my left arm sore.  Hope it doesn't affect my progress on the cross stitch project.  I'm going as fast as I can to get that completed before September so I can deliver it in person at DGD Ashley and her fiancé's wedding.

Have a good day today everyone.  Stay safe and keep well!

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

@grapau27   Happy Birthday wishes to Pauline! May she enjoy many more! 

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Happy Birthday, Pauline! May your new year be filled with love, laughter, great health & cruises!

IMG_3005.jpeg.7a69d889da4085a2cdd123acf710a698.jpeg

@grapau27

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

@grapau27 happy birthday to Pauline 🎂

HappyBirthday2.jpg.ab864713f922427cb6e7ab6e4b39de26.jpg.b0dd5b9066e18a7d1778a59b7ed562eb.jpg

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

@grapau27 for Pauline

FE_15_BDBD_W1_SQ-1.jpg

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

It is quite balmy out this morning in mid-Michigan with promises of another beautiful day of sunshine and temps in the high 60s.  Heading to the gym in a bit and then nothing planned.  Should be a nice day.

@grapau27 Happy Birthday to Pauline.

HappyBirthday3.jpg.193e0eb85b89c0139b5bb30279c29506.jpg

Bran muffins do not make a meal, but might accompany my eggs and sausage at breakfast.  https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/bran-muffins-recipe/

branmuffins1.thumb.jpg.23036671bf189d1d856dc1da1c471e92.jpg

This next one suggests mixing in some raisins or blueberries or walnuts.  I'd prefer chocolate chips.  https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/grandmas-healthy-bran-muffins/

branmuffins2.jpg.b32a068afa8350da6cc055d5c16cf75f.jpg

This one adds in the zest of an orange and pureed raisins.  https://alexandracooks.com/2012/06/20/the-bran-muffin-to-end-all-bran-muffins/

branmuffins3.thumb.jpg.469898ead6f2c8210f79afd6745d7419.jpg

So, the next time you can't sleep, whip up a batch of these muffins for breakfast.  At least one system of the body will be working properly.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

38 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Happy Birthday Pauline.

Roy

1 minute ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny morning. It’s supposed to get up to 70 today and again tomorrow., if only it would last.

Birthday wishes to Pauline @grapau27.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

Thank you for everyones birthday wishes for Pauline.

We had a nice lunch today.

IMG_20240313_122051.jpg

IMG_20240313_122303.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie for the Hump Day report.  Not sure why one would have a special day to fill a stapler but I'll celebrate the other 2 days, not to mention the K-9 heroes in the Police and Fire service.  Interesting quote by Wilde.

Two great days in astronomy history and another in sports. 

I have not been to Amori.  One nice thing about muffins, they are part of a select group of foods you can usually declare and carry across an international border.  My alternative is Papaya with Rainbow of Fruit, Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast, and Blueberry Pie Sundae as served in the MS Prinsendam Lido March 13, 2019.  I was in the lido that day to enjoy the last meeting of MS Prinsendam and MS Veendam as HAL ships and wanted to be on deck to enjoy the celebratory parting. 

dishes13.jpg

Roy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  We have another beautiful sunny day in store with less wind. I woke up with a chest cold although I was perfectly fine when I went to sleep last night.  Thanks for reminding me to refill the stapler.  Love today’s quote, ain’t that the truth!  No on the meal and drink, I don’t like Campari. I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to all of you who are celebrating happy events!  Happy birthday to @grapau27’s DW Pauline and many more.🎂

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It will go up to perhaps 70 today and it is sunny with lovely blue skies.I will salute all the days . The historical days are interesting and I have not been to the port. Bran muffins are tasty but I am  not much of a baker.

The film production company was here at 5 am and they have a sign up saying that there is no parking until after 11 pm. My across the street neighbors in houses adjacent to the  filming house have lights and other equipment set up in their driveways. The dogs have decided that these folks are ok and they stopped barking, finally. It has been fun for all of us to watch this process unfold.

@cat shepard., Ann, I hope the move goes well. We had to move my mother in law from a similar place years ago and were so relieved when she was properly cared for. I hope your sister is feeling better.

Take care today everyone.

• Like 27

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I guess a reminder to fill our staplers is like the one to check our batteries.  I recall many times at work when I'd go to use my stapler only to find one of my colleagues had used it previously and left it empty for me.  I like to have girls win, but only fairly.  A huge shout out to K-9 Veterans who have served so valiantly alongside their handlers.

It looks like a grey day out there for us this morning, and checking the forecast it's only getting to 0, but I'll take it.  Yesterday's sunshine and warmth helped to settle lots of the snow, although it'll take a good while before we're seeing any bare spots on the lawns.  

@grapau27please wish Pauline a very Happy Birthday from Canada.

@fruitmachinewelcome to the Daily; we hope you enjoy the company here.

Not a lot happening here, just routine things like getting groceries, picking up DH's monthly blister packs of meds and that's about it.  I'll continue cutting out fabric and sewing, while DH will work on the computer.  Our friend (the fellow who has post-polio syndrome) is turning 81 today, so they've invited us to go out for dinner with them this evening. 

I'm sure I'd like the wine, would like to try the drink - I know we've got some Campari in the liquor cabinet, but no OJ, so will try it after getting groceries.  Bran muffins aren't really a meal, but could be if you heated one up and put a decent glob of peanut butter and a slice of banana in the middle.   I'm relieved of kitchen duty tonight due to our friend's birthday dinner, so I'm not sure what I'll be ordering, but I know it'll be yummy.  We'll enjoy the company of good friends, good food, good conversation, and lots of laughs at the restaurant tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in grief, in pain, and in wars.  Cheers to everyone with celebrations happening.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It will go up to perhaps 70 today and it is sunny with lovely blue skies.I will salute all the days . The historical days are interesting and I have not been to the port. Bran muffins are tasty but I am  not much of a baker.

The film production company was here at 5 am and they have a sign up saying that there is no parking until after 11 pm. My across the street neighbors in houses adjacent to the  filming house have lights and other equipment set up in their driveways. The dogs have decided that these folks are ok and they stopped barking, finally. It has been fun for all of us to watch this process unfold.

@cat shepard., Ann, I hope the move goes well. We had to move my mother in law from a similar place years ago and were so relieved when she was properly cared for. I hope your sister is feeling better.

Take care today everyone.

Thank you, Terry! The transfer takes place at 11:30 this morning! Woo hoo!

Keeping you, Tana, your entire family and all your caregivers in my prayers. ❤️

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Daily-ites from a cloudy 67, warming to 81.

Yesterday was productive, I was able to pot 4 plants. I'll pot the cilantro and a desert cactus today.

Last night our friend brought 3 different kinds of tamales from our Sun City Farmer's market, so that was dinner.

Allen's body scan at Dermatologist was canceled again. He needs that shot for his eczema and I told the receptionist he can't wait for next month. They are supposed to call back today. Urg.

Our friend Ron has his PET scan today. Please say a prayer for him.

Prayers are being lifted in all different directions today. Sending each of you a blessing. 

I want to go across town today, as there's a few shops I'd like to stop at. And since we're so close to Fish City...

Fill your stapler day? Well, OK.. 

I will certainly celebrate our K9 veterans. They have vital rolls. 

And to our sweet friend Pauline: Wishing you the happiest of birthdays today!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

🎂 I do hope Pauline has a Happy Birthday amidst the inner and outer turmoil. May she kick off an inspiring year ahead!  🎉

@Haljo1935 I feel like I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop for you with calls from your boss, it must be an added stress to your sinus infection. When DH got frequent sinus infections I’d make him a pot of green Chile stew, with chiles as hot as he could enjoy; also had him use a steam inhaler that I’d add a drop of essential oils to a felt near the vent, not in the water - lemon, eucalyptus, and if you can stand it’s chemical heat,  oregano oil. 🤞

I’ve made thousands of bran muffins. I was the muffin lady for the work crews working on the house addition-anybody who came that far to help us hit muffins!   And for a much longer time for the fire department we served in- every training…. extended calls, wildland fires…. I brought 10 dozen muffins once to an early morning briefing before a prescribed burn on the perimeter of our mountain community. There were 100+ firefighters gathered there from 100 miles around, including the inmate crews who left at 3am to make the 0630 briefing. They were such hard workers and so glad for a treat!  
Bran muffins are a great base for additions of most chopped fresh or dried fruit, and nuts. Apples, oranges, pineapple, banana, raisins, cranberries, peaches, blueberries, raspberries…. Very versatile. I’d often add protein powder to the mix to give the crews a little extra to work with!  My secret ingredient was a drop of lemon extract along with a light addition of spices- allspice, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom are all good options.  I did a lot of experimenting, it was fun!  Never ever had to throw muffins away!  

Blessings to all for a good day!  Healing, comfort, hope or your special need today!  
Cheering all who are celebrating🌈

Smooth travels to all away!

Maureen 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

read on a CC thread this morning that MDR lunch on Embarkation Day has been discontinued fleetwide. Can someone who is currently on a BHB inquire and let us know, please?** If true, that's very disappointing

No embarkation day lunch in the MDR on the NS last week or this week, we actually walked down to double check. There was a nice Caribbean brunch on sea days.  They are having an Express lunch today because we don’t arrive in San Juan until 1.IMG_0259.thumb.jpeg.4b7dd174e949d67cd8eaf6c94e507efd.jpegShip is extremely crowded but we are happy with CO and our favorite servers who take care of us at the Seaview Pool.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites from a cloudy 67, warming to 81.

Yesterday was productive, I was able to pot 4 plants. I'll pot the cilantro and a desert cactus today.

Last night our friend brought 3 different kinds of tamales from our Sun City Farmer's market, so that was dinner.

Allen's body scan at Dermatologist was canceled again. He needs that shot for his eczema and I told the receptionist he can't wait for next month. They are supposed to call back today. Urg.

Our friend Ron has his PET scan today. Please say a prayer for him.

Prayers are being lifted in all different directions today. Sending each of you a blessing. 

I want to go across town today, as there's a few shops I'd like to stop at. And since we're so close to Fish City...

Fill your stapler day? Well, OK.. 

I will certainly celebrate our K9 veterans. They have vital rolls. 

And to our sweet friend Pauline: Wishing you the happiest of birthdays today!

Thank you Joy for your nice words for Pauline.

She said thank you so much.

Sorry to hear Allen's dermatology scan was cancelled today and hopefully it can be rescheduled quickly.

Prayers for your friend Ron's Pet scan being okay today.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Well... shoot.

Just got a call from Allen's nephrologist about his bloodwork. His sodium is very low and a prescription is already available at the pharmacy. He's to take 1 mg sodium tab twice daily. If he shows signs of confusion etc to go to ER. Poor guy can't catch a break. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 13

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Well... shoot.

Just got a call from Allen's nephrologist about his bloodwork. His sodium is very low and a prescription is already available at the pharmacy. He's to take 1 mg sodium tab twice daily. If he shows signs of confusion etc to go to ER. Poor guy can't catch a break. 

Joy, I'm sorry to hear about Allen's sodium deficiency and hope the prescription helps restore his levels quickly!  Prayers for him!🙏

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, summer slope said:

Have to go back to the dentist who extracted my tooth in December. I have bone spurs pushing through my gums. Appointment is tomorrow. 

Oh Dixie, sorry to hear. Hoping all goes well at your appt!

• Like 17

12 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Have to go back to the dentist who extracted my tooth in December. I have bone spurs pushing through my gums. Appointment is tomorrow. 

Best wishes for tomorrow at the dentist Dixie.

• Like 13

Good morning. Thanks for the FR/Daily @kazu @richwmn and maps @rafinmd.

I will fill my stapler. Girls should win! I will salute K-9 Veterans. Good quote. I like bran muffins, with raisins, and may make some later. Pass on the drink and I'll take the wine. I haven't been to Aomori. 3 good days in history. 

It's going to be very nice here, sunny and 70's today. Yesterday I ended up not going with BFF and my UK friends. BFF came over, saw me croaking to talk and generally not feeling well, and said stay home. I started on a Z-pack and went to be earlier, so I hope to feel better today. I bought a couple of organizer shelves for my DR buffet, so will work on that. Maybe get out in the sun for a bit. I'm sure many heard about the house explosion near here; sadly a sweet couple (89 and 87) died. They had a gas well, which may be the cause.

@grapau27 Happy Birthday to Pauline!

@StLouisCruisers I hope your shingles shot doesn't interfere with your cross stitch project.

@Denise T I hope Fiona continues to show improvement. 

@Haljo1935 I'd think not knowing what the work call is about would be unsettling. I can empathize with your sinus issue. 

@Heartgrove Good news about Sam.

@Nickelpenny Nice waterfall photo. Hugs to you.

@Mr. Boston Feel better soon. This is the first I've been sick since end of 2019, and it's hanging on too long (chest and head cold).

@smitty34877 Enjoy the sun and warmth today.

@cat shepard I'm so glad DSis is getting moved to the better place.

@Seasick Sailor I hope the Dermatologist can get Allen in quickly. Sorry to hear about his sodium issue. Prayers for Ron. 

@RMLincoln I'm in awe of your bran muffin baking skills!

@summer slope Oh, that sounds like no fun. I hope it's not painful to fix.

@HAL Sailer I hope all is ok with you and DH.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers to those Celebrating.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8

Good morning, 

@grapau27 Happy Birthday to Pauline! I hope she has a very nice day and I know you and Sarah will spoil her. 

Off to the pool for water aerobics this morning. We have an overcast day but starting to warm up and we're to be in the mid 60's by the weekend. Positively balmy and I'll be able to open the windows up and air the house out. 

Karen

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, summer slope said:

So sorry to hear this, Dixie.  I hope the dentist can help without having to hurt you 🙏 

27 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Well... shoot.

Sorry to hear about Allen’s low sodium 😞. I hope the prescription helps him improve 🙏 

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

The transfer takes place at 11:30 this morning! Woo hoo!

that’s great news, Ann!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2