The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday March 20th, 2024

kazu

Good morning.it is cloudy and cool at 37 degrees to start. Rain is coming later and it will get to 50. I am an Aquarius and just looked up my motto. Hmmm. We have a dog in the neighborhood who needs to wear a yellow harness. I feel his anxiety a block away as he barks hysterically at everything. The recipe would be popular here. Thanks to Mr. Volta.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Jacqui, Roy, Dixie & Debbie! 

Vanessa, I am saddened to read that the pain has returned. I pray that it is temporary. Or that your medical team finds a permanent solution. 

Heading off to Hair Cuttery for Brayden’s haircut. Then my hearing test and then the day really begins. 😎

Praying for all who need our support. 

Cerbaia Brunello di Montalcino 2019 (750ML)
Barely squeaking into my budget range, this Brunello is tempting. Especially with Mr. Suckling’s review. A decent number of online distributors with one online price under $50! Barely at 
$49.99.

Winemaker Notes

Intense ruby red in color, garnet with aging. Rich and intense bouquet of violets, undergrowth, red fruits, eucalyptus, and blackberry. Very long persistence, fresh, and elegant but complex.

Professional Ratings

• 98James Suckling
    So floral and fresh with rose stem, sandalwood and orange blossom. Cherries, too. Full-bodied yet reserved and held back with creamy fine tannins and a beautiful finish. Shows brightness and finesse. Silky texture. One of the best I have had from here. A Brunello that emphasizes purity of fruit. Give this three to four years more. Try after 2026.
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 12

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  I’ll gladly celebrate International Happiness Day and pass on the others.  I like the quote very much, it sounds like a nice New Year’s Day proclamation.  The meal suggestion sounds very tasty as does the drink.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone   Sunlight and snow flurries here.   Thanks for the daily and fleet reports Jacqui, I hope you get good results from your x-ray.  Thank you for the maps Roy.   I plan to be happy today on International Day of Happiness.  I am a Sagittarius and my motto is "I see".  I always heard we are travelers.   Great quote from Benjamin Franklin.  @dfish @summer slope and @cat shepard  thanks for today's comestibles.  I will take a double on the wine.   

Vanessa, thank you for the cares and celebrations reports each day.  I hope that your leg feels better today.  Prayers for everyone on our care list and those in war zones, Ukraine and the innocents in Gaza.  Prayers for the citizens of Haiti. 

@0106 thanks for sharing the very cute puppy.  

More on the office project today.  Sorting photos, many landscape photos trashed and some family photos going to be given to them to enjoy.   It is cold with snow flakes and it is going to blow this afternoon.   Have a lovely Wednesday!  Nancy 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

ScreenShot2024-03-20at05_55_22.thumb.png.1ab5edd3de731cb9f2282dd31af25452.png

Happy Wednesday to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I am a Libra and in the Chinese Zodiac I am a Wood Sheep.  Interesting about Yellow Dogs (thanks for the explanation), and I will try and be happy today!  Such a profound quote, I will pass on the meal and drinks and I have never been to the port. Nice to see interesting days in history.

ScreenShot2024-03-20at05_57_50.thumb.png.2fb08db24daf0bbd565c1b59a88453b4.png

Yesterday was a long day and boy was I exhausted/hurting by the end of the day.  I had a eval with the PT therapist and I have not progressed - in fact, worse.  And he seems to think that my pain is more of a hip problem.  So, armed with questions for the surgeon, I hope to maybe get a hip MRI and/or some plan going forward.  🤞  Though now my knees are really bothering me.  If it isn't one thing, it is another.  My skeleton needs to be replaced!  Hmmmm.

Thoughts for everyone and cheers for those celebrating!  Have a great day everyone!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  Computer says its 40 degrees, from here the sky looks clear, and my plans for the day are to see if the old computer can be used at all.  If not, I will have a week off, as the new computer will not be delivered until Friday.  If the computer does work at all, I can work the hours my boss Mark works, and if I get a sale, he can add the comments of where the patron wants to sit and what the people want.  If they say no, then I just ask why and mark a box. If they dont answer, I dont have to do anything. I just have to remember to not add notes, when not needed. 

We went to Red Lobster last night.   They have changed their menu recently and have daily dinner specials.  They knock down the price of some of the meals, take away the option for two sides and only give you one, but crab legs a full pound, were 20 bucks, and this was one of my favorite meals.  I upgrade my side dish to a salad for an extra 1.99.  I prefer a squeeze of lemon or lime instead of the melted butter, so it's a pretty lo cal meal.  Until they bring those Cheddar Bay Biscuits!   

And then we went to the county symphony where we are patrons.  Well I feel we are, but they refer to patron as someone who donates a minimum of 250.00 a year on top of the price of the tickets.  We donate, but not that much.  The music overall was great.  High lighting French composers. But the guest artist was a classical guitarist, and there was just something off (in my opinion)  about his performance.  My guitars look used.  His looked brand new, and one string would not stay in tune.  (this was the reason I have not purchased one recently, they don't seem to stay in tune)  but i no longer get paid for playing, and I think he should have tried it out before he bought it.

@Haljo1935 My friend Jesse hurt his back years ago when falling from a roof.  He was on disability for years.  This year that ended and he went on the SS, and the amount he received per month went down. What worries me about your numb foot, is that you could injure it, and not really know it.  So please take care of yourself when you are out and about.

th?id=OIP.oBzFgo5vi20V7UtEISZigQHaE8&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

The quiche looks wonderful.  Quiche is one of my favorite foods, but while all that broccoli looks fabulous (not) I would add some bacon to the pie too.  Just for a little salty taste. 

48f6ec3e56c60c70aab136a86de969d4.jpg

I saw on the googly news this morning, that the United States is no longer in the top 20 countries that are the happiest.  Our lives are bombarded with commercials of all the things that we need to make us happy.  This is however against the secret of happiness- so turn off the tv, throw away the paper, (to quote John Prine)

5qd1mx9anvj41.jpg

I am a Taurus,  our motto

6764433e7a63e0aa6c5d63997c9139d0.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Happy Wednesday, it's in the 30's here...the forecast is for wet, heavy snow on Friday.  Maybe 3-4 inches.  That kind of snow caused lots of power outages here in January.  The trees are budding and lots of bulbs are blooming, hoping they survive the snow!  Today is my "busy" day.  Reading buddies at school this morning, and then back again for sewing with our 6th graders.  Last week they finished their pillowcases and today we start on a coin purse.  They are all doing a great job!  This weekend the school is doing a performance of Mary Poppins Jr.  I'm excited to see that! 

@JazzyVsorry to hear that your pain has returned. hoping your team can find a solution! 

@dfishThe recipes look good today! 

@marshhawksorry to hear about your DH's jaw problems, hoping the pain can be controlled.  

Have a great day, prayers for all who need the, and cheers for the rest! Karen 

• Like 25

Good Morning from a cool but sunny day at the beach

It is only 59 going to 70 but the sun makes it feel warmer. Good day to wash my car.

I am a Taurus. I try to be happy every day. I learned long ago, to "let it go". Sometimes easier than others.

The meal looks good, may have to try it. I have never been to todays port.

I am on a golf hiatus until after Easter. The course is just too crowded with all the visitors. I am going to the range later this week and taking a lesson to improve my bad habits.

My plan today is to shop for the Easter baskets. Yes my "kids" are adults but I enjoy doing it and they like getting them. Have to add my nephews girlfriend this year.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 23

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm a Capricorn; when I searched for the motto it came up as "I am capable of achieving anything I set my mind to" and "Capricorn is like the mountain goat, sure footed and ready to conquer any peak."  I'm okay with both.  The other day we were to act happy, today we get to enjoy all the happiness, yayyy!  Thanks for the explanation of Dogs In Yellow; very good information.

It's cool out this morning (-13C) 8F, and only getting up to -7 (19F), but the skies are clear blue which means the sun will still help get rid of more of the snow.  Our son messaged from Calgary yesterday to say they were expecting a significant snowfall - when their city issues that kind of warning, you believe it.  I've checked the traffic cameras there this morning and it doesn't look bad yet, but the snow is expected to continue all day and tomorrow as well.  @bennybearI think you're in the path of the snowfall as well - be careful, as I'm sure it will be wet, heavy snow.

Today DH has coffee with his band mates, while I have to go and get a gel nail fill.  In the past 2 days I've had 2 nails crack and one of them split off entirely - I don't know if they're using a different type of gel or whether they weren't cured enough, as I've never had that happen before.  

@kazuthinking of you as you get your x ray results today.

@bennybearsending positive vibes to your DS for his dissertation today.

@Vict0riannI hope your DD gets good news from her ortho appt.

@JazzyVI'm sorry to hear your leg pain has returned.

@smitty34877was Tana able to rest more comfortably in the new bed?

I'm going to pass on the drink - the tossing of extra absinthe seems like a waste of money; although the wine sounds like it would be good, it's out of my price range.  The menu suggestion sounds good and is one I'd order in a restaurant or a BHB but likely wouldn't make at home because DH doesn't like broccoli.  We have a couple of large peppers in the fridge that will be stuffed, baked, and served along with a garden salad at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine;

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, or in wars not of their making.  Cheers to all who have something to celebrate today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

Although Jews in the first and second centuries considered the signs of the zodiac as analogous to the Twelve Tribes, the conventional rabbinic opinion is that horoscopes don't apply to us. Ezra Pound wrote, "The yellow dogs cry portent in vain," but I don't think he meant actual dogs.

The broccoli-cheddar crustless quiche would be nice tonight and I would make it if I had broccoli. Probably pass on the drink. The wine is made entirely from the Sangiovese grape, which doesn't grow here, so I might substitute the McGregor Vineyards 2016 Black Russian Red, made from Saperavi and Sereksiya Charni, except that it's $135.

We had a little s-n-o-w around suppertime last night and it's still on the ground. There could be more, but it will all melt. Or there might be r-a-i-n.

The class last night on Lamentations and Daniel went well. I don't teach again until May 14. I will be too busy preparing a presentation on ethical issues in alternative energy, writing an essay on my personal environmental ethic, and appreciating natural beauty (the latter is an actual course assignment).

woolymammoths.thumb.gif.1b50d0133d1747db29a7ad73e7429bfc.gif

The river in my town gets its name from the Lenape language, referring to a mammoth tusk found downstream. The tusk is in the county historical museum.

tusk1-480x640-1.jpg.76297c02c8c1e7055cd0ba2297f46bfa.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

Vict0riann’s DD falling and fracturing her humerus, seeing Ortho today

Kazu’s appt today to find out x-ray results

Nickelpenny appt with surgeon today

Catmando losing bone from jaw due to prior radiation

Bennybear’s DS’s masters defense today

Haljo1935’s medical issues affecting working

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness, recurring after prior improvement

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; Haiti unrest

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

Mr. Boston’s friend Lauren with aggressive cancer, started hospice care

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

RMLincoln’s DH’s eye pressure more stable

StLouisCruisers’ DGD Morgan being happier since she moved

SusieKIslandGirl in Hawaii

57redbird in Maui

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy discharged to home!

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for Lazey1 (Koningsdam Mar 23 to Mar 30) 7d Mexico

3 days for GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam Mar 23 to Apr 6) B2B 7d Mexico + 7d Pacific Coastal

4 days for RedneckBob (Nieuw Statendam Mar 24 to Mar 31) 7d E. Caribbean

Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas to Mar 23) 8d Southeast Coast & Bahamas, with her sister, USN59-79 (Seabourn Sojourn to Mar 24) 33d Sydney to Taipei + 17d in Taipei, Crazy For Cats (Eurodam to Mar 27) 11d E. Caribbean Wayfarer, Suslor (Zaandam to Mar 30) 14d Panama Canal, Scrapnana (Rotterdam to Mar 29) 12d E. Caribbean Wayfarer, RedneckBob (Celebrity Reflection to March 24) 8d E. Caribbean, then (Nieuw Statendam March 24 to March 31) 7d E. Caribbean, Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

Thank you for today's comprehensive lists Vanessa.

I'm sorry to hear your leg pain has recurred and hope a solution can be found to make you pain free.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 18

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  Happy Hump Day.  I'll celebrate International Day of Happiness and Dogs in Yellow Day but an not particularly into Astrology.  I like the quote but have not been to Ile de Mayotte. 

Two great days in history.  Prayers especially for Vanessa and @Haljo1935 to find solutions to their issues as well as Chuck and many others I am forgetting.

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Blueberry Soup, Filet of Beef Wellington, and Strawberry Crisp as served on MS Prinsendam March 20, 2019:

dishes20.jpg

I'm getting a bit distracted and not paying as much attention to the Daily as I should.  Getting to be crunch time on the Fire Department tax return with the accountants.

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a beautiful, sunny day in Quartzsite.  It was 49F when I got up and is now 53F.  It looks like it will be 78F this afternoon.  It might be a good day to paint the gates since they haven't been painted for at least two years.  The summer sun is not kind to the paint on the metal gates.  I take the easy way out, and use spray paint, so I have to wait for a day with not as much wind.

Astrology can be interesting, but I don't take it seriously.  Day of Happiness is good, and I like the idea behind Dogs in Yellow.

The Benjamin Franklin quote is good, but probably not always easy to achieve.

The quiche sounds good, but I think I'd like one with a crust.  We'll pass on the drink, and the wine sounds nice but pricey.

We have not been to today's port.

The Dutch East Indian Company played a big roll in developing part of the world.  The electric battery was a big step forward in having portable power.

@aliaschief  Thank you for the pictures of Manila and the dinner around the pool.

@0106  Tina, that is a very cute puppy.

@grapau27  Graham, thank you for the information about dogs in yellow.  

@Haljo1935  Elizabeth, I hope the boss' boss shows up today and ends all the speculation about what is going on, and I hope it's good news.

@Denise T  Denise, Chase must have really wanted that bandage off.  I'm glad his foot is healing well and he can walk on it.

@Nickelpenny  Pennie, I'm sorry the PT has not helped.  I hope you can get some answers, and an MRI.  If it is hip pain, a steroid shot could help.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope you can get the computer working and are able to make some sales.

@quilty964  Karen, I hope the snow isn't as bad as predicted and you don't lose power.

432317468_401244192495916_5839759563213988398_n.thumb.jpg.cfb4f3f33ed520b60921bcab864bce32.jpg

432357356_401736785779990_9173901829735355557_n.thumb.jpg.22b04c51a9c8cfb23ed2ea276b73789f.jpg

432375972_402355935718075_4227250746571492078_n.thumb.jpg.04ceed13adec2d4bdade99f734cddc66.jpg

432405986_402611349025867_8530047003087185999_n.thumb.jpg.00f97b16478341515e5071bca38e4dc3.jpg

432416730_404418288845173_7978340307913925491_n.thumb.jpg.4fe9e480d69c493ca93959dee1cbe975.jpg

433610192_10163331828554115_3390718994417407265_n.jpg.b4aae009c42d986675ebdfade1c5120b.jpg

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 14

Posted (edited)

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily. Thanks @kazu and @rafinmd.

I'm a Libra. I hope we can all try to be happy. Interesting about Dogs in Yellow. It's also World Oral Health Day. Great quote by Franklin. The crustless quiche is low carb and something I've made before. I'll pass on the drink, and the wine is a touch $$ for me. I haven't been to Ile de Mayotte. 2 good days in history.

It's again very windy here, and 45F. I hope to see the sun at some point. Nothing new with me. I slept about 4 hours. Same pain/tingling in the leg. I have no appointments today, so I can just take it easy. I'm gathering stuff for donation. Still waiting for a replacement radiator to be found, and the final cleaning, so I haven't put most stuff back in the 3 rooms, and the house looks like a disaster area.

@aliaschief Thanks for the Manila and onboard photos.

@Haljo1935 I hope the talk with your boss and his boss goes well.

@Denise T Good to hear that Chase is healing well. 

@summer slope and @cat shepard Thanks for the drink and wine info.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes.

@Nickelpenny Sorry to hear the result of the evaluation by the PT therapist. I thought my issue might be my hip at first, but x-rays were fine. And during my period of feeling better, and moving more, the knees started to hurt! So I join you in needing a new skeleton.

@marshhawk I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner out and the symphony. 

@rafinmd Your alternative meal would suit me. I hope the FD tax return process isn't too arduous.

@kazu I hope you get some answers today that help your pain.

@bennybear Prayers for your DS today.

@HAL Sailer I hope you and DH are doing ok.

@mamaofami Thinking of you and Sam.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheeres for those Celebrating.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, 0106 said:

Dogs in yellow?  Yellow dogs? My nephew just adopted this beautiful golden retriever.IMG_9539.thumb.jpeg.ffb6a176b4eb80008660784ec0b36469.jpeg 

Precious ♥️ 

2 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

had a eval with the PT therapist and I have not progressed - in fact, worse.  And he seems to think that my pain is more of a hip problem.  So, armed with questions for the surgeon, I hope to maybe get a hip MRI and/or some plan going forward.  🤞  Though now my knees are really bothering me.  If it isn't one thing, it is another.  My skeleton needs to be replaced!  Hmmmm.

Damn, Pennie.  I’m sorry to hear this 😔.  Hopefully your therapist had the problem pinned down and the surgeon can help with investigation and a plan 🙏 

42 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

I slept about 4 hours. Same pain/tingling in the leg. I have no appointments today, so I can just take it easy. I'm gathering stuff for donation.

Double damn on your lack of sleep and pain 😔. Glad you can take it easy today.  I hope it helps 🤞 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. Leisurely good morning here.  I'm happy for Day of Happiness because my hair stylist called to reschedule my appointment.  Just didn't feel like it this morning.

I'm another Libra.  Quite a few of us here.  I think my Pocket might need a Yellow Vest.  I've never heard of that before.  He barks at all the dogs -- even those much larger than his 7 lbs.  

Anything from Benjamin Franklin is usually spot on.

All in all, very nice collection of days.  Yesterday while looking at bathroom showrooms, we saw the cutest doggie care room.  It was about the size of a laundry room and had a tiled shower, shelves for supplies.  Absolutely darling!

Prayers are with all those having difficulties.  Today especially @kazu Jacqui and she awaits test results and for  @bennybear Brenda's DS as he defends his Masters today.

I think I'll spend the day putting out some Easter stuff.  I'm designated to have the holiday dinner here, and move slowly, so will start thinking about that.  There will be eight adults and four children under five years old.  Hectic.

Have a great day everyone!  🌷  🌷   🌷

Maxine

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

@ger_77, Gerry, The prior bed broke while we had it flat when transferring. Tana is unable to lie flat and sleeps with the head of the bed up about 45 degrees. We collected every pillow in the house to manage that night. The new bed works perfectly ,thanks!

I think of you and Maurice often and hope things are going well while you await treatment. 

Edited by smitty34877
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from sunny Yuma!  Thank you for all the wonderful reports!  We have reached the time of year here where it is HOT and that means it is time for us to start preparing for travel again which is exciting.

I feel for all who are experiencing any kind of discomfort physical or emotional or otherwise, you are in my prayers.

SS and retirement - I had hoped to work until full retirement age BUT company politics just became too much.  I called SS and had the chat on the phone regarding my options and what I would collect etc.  very informative for sure.  I wound up retiring at 64 - 8 years ago.

It took me about a year to adjust to a reduced income which I supplemented with part time work.

We live a debt free life other than the "normal" monthly bills, cell phone, groceries, life insurance, Medicare supplement etc and we have adjusted and could not be happier.  In fact we are able to save something that was nearly impossible to do when we lived the corporate America lifestyle.

We are thrilled to be back cruising post lockdown and we will continue to travel as long as we have our health. 

I had a TKR in 2022 - toughest surgery I have ever experienced, long long recovery for  me I am still working on it!  I walk daily and now I am incorporating walking backwards and OMG that has helped improve different muscles and added balance.  We walk in the evening when it is cooler.  The physical exercise is important to both of us as he is experiencing memory issues and he is only 69 to my 71.

Both of our health and stress levels have improved 100% since retirement.  There is a lot to be said for living with less "stuff" and creating wonderful memories.

Happy Hump Day to all!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon,  thanks for today's daily report.  Wifi was being very temperamental this morning.  We took a scenic tour and then had lunch on the ship.  Tonight we are giving the Tamarind a second chance.  Some pictures from the tour.

20240320_101735.thumb.jpg.0d46c2aa671e798c3f1a11a684b0d984.jpg

20240320_101628.thumb.jpg.26a969a015036cc5128e28ca975ce440.jpg

20240320_095542.thumb.jpg.0e36af097a4b68611ae56ba78dde517c.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Alright, Im going to apologize for my crass behavior, but on a bet several years ago, I was asked to write a song about Astrology.  (where is RNB when I need him)  OK here goes

I went to an astrologer the other day

There was only one thing she could say

-if you're feeling bad, and always sad...

Its because the moon is in Uranus.

I've had my tarot cards read

I should just stay in bed

Even had my biorhythms done

Said I'd have a good day in 2031

But i'm still bad, and I'm still sad

because the moon is in Uranus.

Sorry. ha ha he he he ha. not.

I did go to an astrology fair with my friend Linda in NJ back in 1979.  The astrologist said, you might as well admit that you are never going to be lucky in love, but I do see a great change in your future.  You will be moving soon.  That was a Saturday afternoon.

On Monday at work I got called in, promoted and transferred to GA. And life,  since then,  has been all about accepting changes.

• Like 12
  • Haha 13