No means No

1Virgo

just back from Ascent.  This is the first time we have seen a long table set up for people after cruise to retrieve their confiscated items, and some were disgruntled. These are a few of what we saw:

..Clothes Steamers, doesnt matter what size or how tiny, dont bring them (lots of those)

..Irons.   full size and small

..a Panini/waffle maker.  yup. Not new or in a box

If it says don’t bring, not allowed, follow the rules. No means no.  

Cruise awesome. Cannot say enough of how great the staff were.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

SMH...Can't even imagine contemplating packing a waffle maker!  How does that conversation even go?

Honey, I don't think I can go an entire week without your scrumptious waffles...

It's OK dear, you won't have to!  I have enough room in my suitcase for the waffle maker!

As for wrinkles, well spray on Wrinkle Release works wonders!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

We were on a cruise where people had brought on a microwave, and two crockpots!  We also saw a blender once on the table?  What a magical village we share together ;))))))

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, cruiseerf said:

We were on a cruise where people had brought on a microwave, and two crockpots!  We also saw a blender once on the table?  What a magical village we share together ;))))))

I actually mis-read and thought you said 'brought on two CRACKPOTS.....😀😄.  Still chuckling!

• Haha 12

2 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I actually mis-read and thought you said 'brought on two CRACKPOTS.....😀😄.  Still chuckling!

Good one.. folks who MUST have these items  on vacation should stay home! 

Medical devices can apply for exceptions. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Well as I see it there are three types of people; those who know and understand the rules, those who don't know them but will learn, and those who don't believe the rules apply to them.

Take your pick on the two out of three with the items found at the table......

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 5

Before my first cruise, a neighbor came by to give me some advice. He said he always smuggled some vodka aboard and brought a blender because there was so much fruit available on the buffet, and he could make his fruity blender drinks in his room.  Never tried it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I always wish that, instead of concentrating quite so much effort on the selling end up selling packages, with nearly an email every day, it might be useful for the cruise lines to once in a while, emphasize what not to bring.  Sometimes the caveat seems hidden almost on purpose, leading to the “naughty table” after every cruise

CE1928A3-A49D-487E-B3AE-5E15FF72A0EF.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

SMH...Can't even imagine contemplating packing a waffle maker!  How does that conversation even go?

Honey, I don't think I can go an entire week without your scrumptious waffles...

It's OK dear, you won't have to!  I have enough room in my suitcase for the waffle maker!

As for wrinkles, well spray on Wrinkle Release works wonders!

lol I've never understood why people bring cooking appliances, like honestly there is food everywhere and the only time there isn't you are probably asleep.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On our recent Icon sailing the 'naughty table' included many, many irons and steamers, and few power strips, plus what looked like an Instant Pot, a full-size pair of scissors, handcuffs, and a set of lawn sprinklers - the kind on stakes that you stick in the ground.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Well as I see it there are three types of people; those who know and understand the rules, those who don't know them but will learn, and those who don't believe the rules apply to them.

Agree 100% and it's certainly doesn't apply to cruise lines. We live in a large HOA with lots of Rules pertaining to what Additions and Modifications owners can make to their properties. There are many that don't think submitting detailed requests must be reviewed and approved by the Community. I've lost count on the number of Owners who think the Regulations don't apply to them!!! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Agree 100% and it's certainly doesn't apply to cruise lines. We live in a large HOA with lots of Rules pertaining to what Additions and Modifications owners can make to their properties. There are many that don't think submitting detailed requests must be reviewed and approved by the Community. I've lost count on the number of Owners who think the Regulations don't apply to them!!! 

....sounds like our HOA except with owners with dogs off their leashes. LOL.  But we digress.....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Can't even imagine contemplating packing a waffle maker! 

Even I wouldn't do that.  😂

• Haha 9

12 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

....sounds like our HOA except with owners with dogs off their leashes. LOL.  But we digress.....

We had a resident who enclosed his back porch.  Ran electrical, drywall, completely finished inside.  No city or HOA building permit.  Was sued by the city as it violated the fire code.  Police came with a court order and watched city workers tear out the addition and haul away the debris after owner refused to do it themselves. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

I have a friend who lives in a HOA in Nevada and he calls them, FIP's. Formally Important People.

They have several folks who used to work in Silicon Valley and they all believe they know computers better than anyone else, so the lovely computer room they have set aside sits empty. PC/Mac/Linux, they can't come to any common ground so they just gave up.

It is a lovely place, but when he told me that story and the effort it took for him to be able to get approval for a 3x3 piece of Astro turf for his backyard, I knew that HOA's were not for me or my wife.

• Like 3

many of these people are probably used to land hotels that allow just about anything.   they figure that a cruise ship is just a floating hotel so why not bring what they are used to bring on land ?

I totally understand the power strips being brought because we'd use them in hotels and the cruise for us is only a small portion of the overseas trip. 

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

It has been reported that on some cruises it is rice cookers.  EM

3 hours ago, Lena11033 said:

lol I've never understood why people bring cooking appliances, like honestly there is food everywhere and the only time there isn't you are probably asleep.

I guarantee you that if we could we would bring a rice cooker.  The one thing we have not really been able to find is good steamed rice.  My DW is Japanese and even with Tea Forte being available onboard, we still bring our own green tea.   The first thing we ask for when we meet our stateroom attendant / butler is for a water kettle to make hot water.  Not a day goes by we do not use it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tfred said:

many of these people are probably used to land hotels that allow just about anything.   they figure that a cruise ship is just a floating hotel so why not bring what they are used to bring on land ?

well they need to read the cruise ticket booklet. Rules are there

• Thanks 1