The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday May 9th,

Today is Europe Day, Home Front Heroes Day, and National Moscato 

There is just one life for each of us: our own. - Euripides

Meal Suggestion for today - Spinach & Feta Quiche
Drink of the Day - Cosmopolitan
Wine of the Day - C R Sandidge 2020 Caris
Destination of the Day - Flam, Norway

Today in History:
1941 British intelligence at Bletchley Park breaks German spy codes after capturing Enigma machines aboard the weather ship Muenchen

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 07:00 - 13:00 

Koningsdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 11:00 - 19:00 

Nieuw Amsterdam

Anchorage AK, Alaska, Denali NP 11:00 - 20:00 

Nieuw Statendam

Aarhus, Denmark 11:00 - 19:00 

Noordam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00 

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Ashdod, Jerusalem-Bethlehem, Israel eta 05-10

Rotterdam

Bergen, Norway 08:00 - 17:00 

Volendam

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada 08:00 - 16:00 

Westerdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 10:00 - 18:00 

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 05-10

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 05-11

• Like 13
  • Thanks 29

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

Thunderstorms rolled in at 3:30 this morning and lasted for almost two hours. 

Thankfully, the electricity stayed on and it cooled down to 69 degrees. We have a chance for another round of storms throughout the day with a forecasted high of 82 degrees.

I hope everyone has a great day!  

2007CPcruise 218.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

A warm 75 this morning with a high of 88 and sunny skies.

Good selection of days.

I’m not sure about the quote as family and friends are part of our lives.

I like the meal.

Norway and other cold places are not on my bucket list.

A little glitch on my IPad as every time I turn it off unwanted widgets show up, I think I’ve corrected the problem but I thought that a few other times.

Have a great day and stay well.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Today’s Care List:

RMLincoln’s DH Richard’s post eye surgery issues

Cruising-along’s BFF’s DIL Amber with a stroke, showing improvement

JazzyV’s BFF with a fall and sustaining a tib-fib fracture

Kazu with a foot infection and pain

Victims of flooding and storms across the country

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

StLouisCruisers’ nephew Alex’s in-utero identical twins

Nickelpenny with leg numbness and pain; surgery next week

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Congratulations to bennybear’s DS on his Masters degree

RMLincoln’s DH with eye improvement on latest evaluation

Ger_77’s DH Maurice with a date for TAVR surgery

JazzyV with pain relief after surgery, sleeping well

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is away

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for MISTER 67 (Enchanted Princess May 11 to May 18) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean with St. Thomas

2 days for StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam May 11 to June 8 ) 28d Passage to Normandy & Baltic Jewels + Zuiderdam (June 8 to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage

2 days for Niagarawine (Koningsdam May 11 to May 18) 7d Alaska Inside Passage

Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), AncientWanderer (Westerdam Apr 27 to May 12) N. Pacific Crossing, for Heartgrove (MSC Seashore to May 12) 7d Caribbean & Bahamas, YourWorldWithBill (Nieuw Statendam to May 18) 13d Jewels of the Baltic, and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

• Like 17
  • Thanks 24

Good morning friends!  We are on a tornado watch until 1 pm and I hope that won't be extended with further severe thunderstorms after that time.  We leave home around 3 pm to drive to the car rental site at Atlanta's airport, pick up one and drive home.  Right now it's about 72F and cloudy with, as I said, thunderstorms and possible tornadic type activity through 1 pm. with a high temp of 78.

Thanks Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps.  Hurray for Europe, home front heroes and Moscato wine.  I think I'll pass on the quiche, cosmopolitan and wine.  A tremendous day in history when the British broke the German codes in 1941.  Thanks Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for the the F&B reports.

Prayers for all our Care list folks, DB and great nephew Alex's twins, The people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and the military members in harm's way there.  I pray for improvement for all our sick and ailing Dailyites.  Jacqui, Richard, Vanessa's BFF .🙏

Cheers for all celebrating special events and the cruisers! 🎉🚢🎂 Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV for everything you do to keep us informed!

The port this morning is Flam, Norway which was the destination before on Feb.17, 2022 and April 19, 2023.  Here are the links:

We are struggling with the kitchen refrigerator (thankfully we have another in the garage), which had water pooling on the floor around the front corners of it. The water was there when we got home Monday from Florida.  So we emptied the fridge and freezer yesterday and put everything in the garage one.  Turned it off and let things warm up.  There is still a drip happening so the floor has plastic and heavy beach towels to collect it.  Water was turned off to the fridge yesterday before we turned the power off.  We really don't need this problem before our extended absence.  It will be left off and open the whole time.  Hoping the dripping stops soon!  🙄

Hoping your day starts off better than mine!  Stay safe and keep well!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 10

Cosmopolitan cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part DeKuyper® Triple Sec Liqueur
2 parts Pinnacle® Original Vodka
1 part Cranberry Juice
1/2 part fresh Lime Juice

Instructions
Add ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 6.44.10 AM.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 17

We were happy to visit Flam twice on the Prinsendam in 2016 and 2017.  The photos are from the 2016 Best Norway Cruise Ever as we call it.

There's only room for one ship at the dock so we tendered over to Flam.  DH and I had purchased our tickets online for the train ride up the mountain and back down.  It was much less expensive and we didn't want to wait and possibly have them sell out.  This little village gets very busy when the ships are in town and everyone wanting to take that train ride.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLcVpCwHxj5PsIqcP3nsnVb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080155

There is a small museum, a tourist train, a little "mall", and of course the visitor center.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKBmlTfpEK8_oJmBkizGp8O?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080165

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICHQw9kjcR43h0-8v2znUx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080166

Oh yes, don't forget this hotel, too.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHKDKlR6BlMvbZCgj1cijM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080178

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrEl3J8lkufPA41A9TlMGl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080188

A train comes in and all onboard depart.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGO64UyJvuRIKikgDCoOCZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080202

That's when we in line boarded and the train begins our journey.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLoR0c9hpiFO-_pwWQY5gQt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080278

You see little towns, colorful buildings, and beautiful scenery with waterfalls and rushing river water.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLue59Sg74VUsqSJ4ddqyRP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080293

There is a screen in each car with commentary along the way.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKuF2LrIb2fwLt-hJixR9CT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080348

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIki74dq8ZkTFqMysiBK4cf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080379

I noticed a woman sitting on the rock looking at the train in this picture.  See her?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKWJYjq1wSdnWmfveekrz-T?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080369

We went by several small stations along our route.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLDqf2aFAMhHOSg-sKe4PvJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080405

Sometimes we pulled off the main track and let a train pass by going downhill to Flam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKycHmljvHIChLC-V1BjBYk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080449

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK8PUgLajferSpBRdZ3p3IK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080536

The train stops and lets everyone see the Kjosfossen waterfall.  Pretty misty right here!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL2xQi0ofyFm6iCxDbKlOtc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080564

Keep your eye on that little stone ruin there.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKCx4geqAtaDMDLPsOcsAp9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080581

Suddenly you hear some eerie music coming from hidden speakers and we see a seductive forest creature emerge to dance for the tourists.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK3e4KNMgICrKKwCQ7z6bE-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080595

The train then continues up to Myrdal with more nice scenery.  This is supposedly the steepest train route in Europe.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL8DpJqjTCRWXIpjtSEB8on?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080635

The train stops in Myrdal and that's where we do our backtracking to Flam.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIB9BA_Cc1IT-gKRxFlFffX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080684

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ0VEgjGDqRmLUU5aBYloNx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080688

I was able to see the weather forecast for Myrdal while waiting there.  My old IPhone - looks tiny!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIe24fYhj5EEB56FSB6KcFG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080697

Going back down you of course see the same scenery only on the opposite side for better viewing.  The train stopped again at the waterfall to see the nymph once more.  Different moves!  Hope that wig doesn't fall off!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIxqF6nRROPGsu5V-bxQ-TP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080825

Lots and lots of smaller waterfalls on the route.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLvvaiI0XFFY5HUuxaQkmIe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468083867

Nearly back to Flam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKiupuezhik56ZF030lOUOl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468081123

I'd say the whole trip took around 2 hours.  We walked around the small town a bit and headed back to the Prinsendam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyWylQHw_swUEirB2c855v?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468081216

Once sailing away from Flam Captain D.D. headed towards Undredal to pick up some of his favorite goat cheese.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJbfQSI5D0XkrhmbUjRcT3g?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468081474

And here it comes!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI_wmcoh2MvZ2TR3KmFvO8p?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468081696

It was a very good day in Norway, as usual.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 9

Good morning.  Thanks for the Reports.  Love those maps.

Cool and clear this morning, only 5°C (41°F).  It's supposed to warm up to 13°C (55°F) this afternoon.  I wish it was a little warmer, but at least we have sunshine.

Good days to celebrate.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, so does the drink.  I'm sure the wine will be nice too.

We've been to Norway but not to Flam.  Thanks for the pictures.

A good day in history.

Prayers for so many.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a terrific day.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon.

It is currently partly sunny and 65°F.

A couple of important days.

Muscat is a nice Italian wine.

True quote.

We visited the lovely Flam in June 2023 on P&O Britannia.

Great day in history.

Best wishes for good health to all dailyites.

Screenshot_20240509_115658.jpg

Screenshot_20240509_115724.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 14

Happy Thursday, Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports.

Cloudy with rain later today. 

Love the meal and drink of the day.

Clients and class today. Keeping busy. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating.

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Cat Memes - Thursday Memes - Wattpad

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui. Hope the foot is feeling a bit better. Roy thank you for our maps. Another gorgeous morning. Yesterday’s winds came more from the South, so they weren’t as cooling as other days. Temps hit the 90s for the first time this year. A bit of humidity crept in, but not enough for rain. Lots of wildfire warnings out in my & surrounding counties. 

Vanessa thank you for so meticulously compiling our lists. Glad to read that you are still without pain. Hope all goes well with BFF at Doctor’s today. Talk about timing - just when you are able to drive!

Gym, Bindi walks, chores and definite pool time. Today will be hotter than yesterday, but if the Easterly winds return - they will help. 

IMG_2855.jpeg.841b42c6d39adb4fe52bcc5ca97b8e8a.jpeg

IMG_2784.jpeg.f7e345f9092efa1cf84f293ff54322b0.jpeg

IMG_2851.jpeg.af086992717bc07cf8b4e16b9619f58a.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain, debilitating conditions, the loss of a loved one, trauma. The caregivers. 

Terry, I confess to being even more worried for you than Tana. If you do not take care of yourself, what will Tana do?  Keeping all of you in my prayers. 

Prayers for Richard & Maureen, Annie & Chuck, Melissa, Amber & Family. 

Joy, how is Allen doing?

Cheers to all who are celebrating. 

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

R Sandidge 2020 Caris

I hit the Mother lode of info when I went looking for the wine du jour. The Wine Panel had tasted and reviewed a host of Washington wines & listed them alphabetically by vintner! I have bookmarked the site for future study. I wonder if they review the wines of other areas, too?🤔 I decided to give you the info for all three of their red blends, though only the Caris is the wine du jour. All three tempted me. A bit elusive, but they might be worth the hunt. Online prices range between $35 - $65.

The Wine Panel

2020 "Whistle Punk" Blend (Red) $35
Usually we write what we think the wine tastes like, and yet, sometimes all you need to know is you're going to enjoy drinking it. But since that won't be enough for most people, we'll elaborate and say it's so approachable that it's hard to find anything we didn't like. It's fruity, big, juicy, dark, smooth, and easy to love. Enough said
92 points in the $25 to $35 category - The Wine Panel (May 3, 2023)
FIND THIS WINE: crsandidgewines.com

wine-panel-score-mini-91.jpg
CR Sandidge Wines
2020 "Triumph" Bordeaux-Style Blend (Red) $65
This is a big, dark and brooding wine with an abundance of upfront fruit, yet finishes very dry with lingering tannins, even after being open for 24 hours. As a result this wine would be a great candidate for aging in your cellar, it has plenty of both fruit and tannin and the structure of a wine that will soften over time. But if you can't wait, open, decant, and enjoy with food for the best experience now, as this bad boy is not a porch pounder, it's a serious wine with a richness and firm backbone, which is also reflective in its price. 
91 points in the $45+ category - The Wine Panel (May 3, 2023)
FIND THIS WINE: crsandidgewines.com

wine-panel-score-mini-90.jpg
CR Sandidge Wines
2020 "Caris" Bordeaux-Style Blend (Red) $50
Expect a wine with an abundance of dark red and black fruit, with a soft, integrated texture for a long finish. There's solid black raspberry and vanilla flavors from the Cab Franc dancing with the creamy, dreamy darker notes from the Merlot, combining to be a delightful, and dare we say, memorable wine. The wine still has ample, but integrated tannins, so while it leads with smooth and sexy, it still has the structure you want and expect for a $50 wine. 
90 points in the $45+ category - The Wine Panel (May 3, 2023)
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 19
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We were happy to visit Flam twice on the Prinsendam in 2016 and 2017.  The photos are from the 2016 Best Norway Cruise Ever as we call it.

There's only room for one ship at the dock so we tendered over to Flam.  DH and I had purchased our tickets online for the train ride up the mountain and back down.  It was much less expensive and we didn't want to wait and possibly have them sell out.  This little village gets very busy when the ships are in town and everyone wanting to take that train ride.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLcVpCwHxj5PsIqcP3nsnVb?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080155

There is a small museum, a tourist train, a little "mall", and of course the visitor center.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKBmlTfpEK8_oJmBkizGp8O?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080165

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICHQw9kjcR43h0-8v2znUx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080166

Oh yes, don't forget this hotel, too.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHKDKlR6BlMvbZCgj1cijM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080178

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLrEl3J8lkufPA41A9TlMGl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080188

A train comes in and all onboard depart.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGO64UyJvuRIKikgDCoOCZ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080202

That's when we in line boarded and the train begins our journey.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLoR0c9hpiFO-_pwWQY5gQt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080278

You see little towns, colorful buildings, and beautiful scenery with waterfalls and rushing river water.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLue59Sg74VUsqSJ4ddqyRP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080293

There is a screen in each car with commentary along the way.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKuF2LrIb2fwLt-hJixR9CT?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080348

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIki74dq8ZkTFqMysiBK4cf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080379

I noticed a woman sitting on the rock looking at the train in this picture.  See her?00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKWJYjq1wSdnWmfveekrz-T?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080369

We went by several small stations along our route.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLDqf2aFAMhHOSg-sKe4PvJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080405

Sometimes we pulled off the main track and let a train pass by going downhill to Flam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKycHmljvHIChLC-V1BjBYk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080449

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK8PUgLajferSpBRdZ3p3IK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080536

The train stops and lets everyone see the Kjosfossen waterfall.  Pretty misty right here!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL2xQi0ofyFm6iCxDbKlOtc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080564

Keep your eye on that little stone ruin there.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKCx4geqAtaDMDLPsOcsAp9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080581

Suddenly you hear some eerie music coming from hidden speakers and we see a seductive forest creature emerge to dance for the tourists.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK3e4KNMgICrKKwCQ7z6bE-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080595

The train then continues up to Myrdal with more nice scenery.  This is supposedly the steepest train route in Europe.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL8DpJqjTCRWXIpjtSEB8on?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080635

The train stops in Myrdal and that's where we do our backtracking to Flam.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIB9BA_Cc1IT-gKRxFlFffX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080684

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ0VEgjGDqRmLUU5aBYloNx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080688

I was able to see the weather forecast for Myrdal while waiting there.  My old IPhone - looks tiny!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIe24fYhj5EEB56FSB6KcFG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080697

Going back down you of course see the same scenery only on the opposite side for better viewing.  The train stopped again at the waterfall to see the nymph once more.  Different moves!  Hope that wig doesn't fall off!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIxqF6nRROPGsu5V-bxQ-TP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468080825

Lots and lots of smaller waterfalls on the route.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLvvaiI0XFFY5HUuxaQkmIe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468083867

Nearly back to Flam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKiupuezhik56ZF030lOUOl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468081123

I'd say the whole trip took around 2 hours.  We walked around the small town a bit and headed back to the Prinsendam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyWylQHw_swUEirB2c855v?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468081216

Once sailing away from Flam Captain D.D. headed towards Undredal to pick up some of his favorite goat cheese.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJbfQSI5D0XkrhmbUjRcT3g?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468081474

And here it comes!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI_wmcoh2MvZ2TR3KmFvO8p?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1468081696

It was a very good day in Norway, as usual.

Fabulous photos Sandi.

It was 68°F June 5th 2023 when we visited Flam.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the Daily and maps Jacqui, Rich and Roy!    Thanks for explaining Europe Day Graham.   Home front heroes are at the front lately with all the tornadoes, ours was a strong Cat 2.  Euripides quote would be another one to discuss in philosophy class.  Great day breaking the codes at Bletchley park which helped turn the tide of WWII.  Pass on the spinach and would take a cosmo after some of the strange ones we have had of late.  Today's vino sounds good but elusive.  Thanks for the photos of Flam Sandi and Graham.   

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Jacqui.   Prayers for all on our list and those suffering without being mentioned.  Prayers for the hostages and those in war zones.  

I will be very brief the next few days as the plant sale nears.  I got a lot done yesterday in prep, today it is rain all day.   A nice day for set up on Friday and 60% chance of rain on Saturday.    Have a lovely Thursday!   Nancy 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning and Thank you for the Dailies!!  

I love the Days that are marked to celebrate today!!  I'll add a glass of Moscato to the menu at tonight's dinner, here at home!  And even Euripides has a great saying!!!  And the meal and cocktail are perfect!!!

Central Texas will get some rain -- but not constant or all day...  We'll be hitting around 88F/31C and already it's 75F/24C even before sunrise!!   With this high humidity...  it will seem much warmer!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Euripides ?

Eumendides?

sorry...dad joke.

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites! Currently 72 and cloudy.  The computer says its mostly cloudy.  It is completely cloudy.  We are under a tornado watch until 1, the rain they said would be in Stone Mountain at 3 am never came this far south.  But they keep saying it will get here.  My neighbor doesn't like to leave home or the dog when the weather is bad, so she is home today.  Since DH has informed me that if he takes his pain pills the night before, he wont be able to drive me to the docs tomorrow morning,  I asked Donna (the neighbor) if she could take me, and she said yes, so I guess she gets two days off.  I am so grateful to have her as a friend and neighbor.  I thought that if they gave me "laughing gas" I wouldnt have a problem driving home, but have been informed by my friend Penny, that it will put me in a twilight sleep, and I wont be able to drive home.

Years ago during a tornado watch my boss told us to flip the shutters in the office to up, not down, in the event that the building was hit.  This would keep glass flying all over us if we got hit, so last night I turned our shutters to the up in the bedroom.  I felt safer, but way too warm.

Yesterday while we were out,  we had lunch at Pastries a go go.  They make a great chef salad, and when they reopened for seating after Covid, they didnt have a baker, and the pastries were gone.  But they must have hired someone because they had pastries again! And free samples of Conchas (Mexican Sweet Bread).  I bought two for our breakfast this morning. They are about the size of a mid size bagel, and while not very sweet, they were good, so I cant wait til my stomach gets hungry.

I hope you all stay safe today with the weather and the world, have a wonderful day!

712eeb4958235012cb5df6dbc2aaffc2.jpg

a092f09dad1e90442939e449125dc997.jpg

have-a-sweet-thursday-cat-lxcqbv203vwmuzed.gif

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good morning, everyone!

We had an impromptu dinner last night with 5 out of 6 siblings present.  Sister Barb was on her way from the Detroit area to home near Traverse City.  It is nice to be able to do that.  This morning Sue and I are joining sister Mary Jo for yoga at the Senior Center.  The Community Center is closed for the next week as they are moving into the new facility, so I will be searching for other places to go.  

The meal today would be a great one for a brunch or dinner.  Served with a green salad and some crusty bread, it would make a nice meal.  https://emilybites.com/2023/06/spinach-feta-quiche.html

spinachandfetaquiche1.thumb.jpg.7239e411361f086612aa2adddf95a885.jpg

This next recipe skips the crust to make it a bit healthier - fewer carbs, calories, and fat.  It is also gluten free.  https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/7901059/spinach-feta-quiche/

spinachandfetaquiche2.jpg.54d9dfc50b15a81722868aeec07c267f.jpg

You can use other cheeses besides feta in the quiche and this one combines cheddar and feta.  As long as we're adding in cheddar cheese, I'd throw in some bacon.  https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/7901059/spinach-feta-quiche/

spinachandfetaquiche3.jpg.d7c7f3d7bd33b6791c0c990ac21e1c90.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 12

Good early morning from AZ.  Not a fan of Moscato but will celebrate the other 2 days. True quote, pass on all the food and drink and never been to Norway.  Interesting day in history.

Sunny day expected today with the temp reaching only mid 80s.  So sad to hear about all the tornados and the damage/death they are causing.  I am so glad I don't live in the part of the country.

ScreenShot2024-05-08at06_42_12.thumb.png.429b724944b8513863b43259d8f9cf53.png

It has been a very stressful week and a half and I have been in a very discouraged mood.  But I think it has all worked out and my surgery plan is set.  I will stay overnight in the hospital in a short stay bed (we used to call those types of admits 2359s - less than 24 hours, so not a true admission).  Food cooked and in the freezer, house 3/4 cleaned, will work on transportation to and from the hospital today and tomorrow, as I now know the plan.  There is a 50% chance this surgery will not help the numbness and probably will not help the pain (which I have had for years) but it should help me walk further than a short distance.  Surgery will be in my future most likely and it will be the very extensive one.  But we might be able to delay it a tad with this surgery.

Today and tomorrow I will sub at the high school for a friend/gym buddy (she does AP classes) and then I am done for this school year.  I keep a spreadsheet on my subbing gigs and I subbed 75.5 times this year.  Not too bad.

I have been reading the daily but haven't had the energy to post.  I hope everyone on the care list is doing well and cheers for those who are celebrating.  Have a great day everyone.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Today is Europe Day, Home Front Heroes Day, and National Moscato 

There is just one life for each of us: our own. - Euripides

Meal Suggestion for today - Spinach & Feta Quiche
Drink of the Day - Cosmopolitan
Wine of the Day - C R Sandidge 2020 Caris
Destination of the Day - Flam, Norway

Today in History:
1941 British intelligence at Bletchley Park breaks German spy codes after capturing Enigma machines aboard the weather ship Muenchen

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 07:00 - 13:00 

Koningsdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 11:00 - 19:00 

Nieuw Amsterdam

Anchorage AK, Alaska, Denali NP 11:00 - 20:00 

Nieuw Statendam

Aarhus, Denmark 11:00 - 19:00 

Noordam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00 

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Ashdod, Jerusalem-Bethlehem, Israel eta 05-10

Rotterdam

Bergen, Norway 08:00 - 17:00 

Volendam

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada 08:00 - 16:00 

Westerdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 10:00 - 18:00 

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Juneau, Alaska eta 05-10

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 05-11

Interesting Oosterdam on her way to Israel?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

It reached over 9 again yesterday but we had some nice ocean breezes. No rain in the forecast but come June, it will be every day.

Never been to todays port, pictures are beautiful. 

I was at an event last weekend and met a fellow cruiser. She is the neighbor of a friend. Talking to her she will be on the 25 WC with us. This is her 3rd WC. So we are getting together so I can "pick her brain". So many questions! We wont be able to fully appreciate all the ports because DD comes with us. DH and I split up sometimes so we each can enjoy one. So it takes planning. I am just very blessed that I am able to go at all!

Sandi @StLouisCruisers  Safe travels to FL tomorrow. Have a wonderful cruise!

Will you do me a favor? From pictures of the Zuiderdam, it looks like the pool lift is on the main Lido pool. Would you verify that for me?  Thanks!!

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1