The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday June 3rd, 2024

3 days that seem to be more light hearted, unless there's something else to Wonder Woman Day.🤷‍♀️Thanks @grapau27 for educating us on the days. Pass on the drink & wine, meal sounds good, not been to the port. Thanks for the lovely pictures @StLouisCruisers.

When I took the bins to the curb, I noticed a few small branches down & everything was wet, so a storm came through, but I slept through it.

Currently 73° headed to a wet 88°.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all. 

20240603_064023.thumb.jpg.88119c32b4d29a038539267bfa3a12a4.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. It is a beautiful day here but must be humid since every curl and corkscrew I have on my head has sprung! I am very glad to be home. Last night we ordered in since we didn’t have any overnight help and I was mentally preparing for a long night. As it turned out, I only got up once and Tana and I slept fairly well for us. One of her friends who is a nurse as well is coming over today to lend a hand and called me last night. She said that two other fellow nurses that were close to Tana want to come and help out for a few hours in the evenings. I was so touched by their generosity. And gladly accepted their assistance.

Thank you Graham for explaining the days to us! I have not been to the port and like the sheet pan recipe idea for tonight, thank you Debbie! I will celebrate stuffed shrimp and scholars today.

Joy, I hope your foot is doing ok today after your accident with the rock yesterday. It sounded very painful.

Have a great day everyone 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good morning friends,

I am posting early before things get hectic.  I am letting DH sleep a little bit longer.

i am just about packed and all I have to do is get the house ready to be empty for the next 11 days.

DH, on the other hand, had confusion set in last night and i have to help him a bit this morning.  I finally told him to go to bed and we will finish in the morning.

Since the only thing we have to do today is take a 2 hour drive to the hotel at the JAX airport, there is no special time of arrival.  I just have to keep him calm.  Easier said than done!

I am really looking forward to getting a rest.  That is not possible around here.  We are staying at a hotel where we will have all meals and drinks included.  We may decide to wander a bit and hit some of our favorite haunts.  We know Barbados well, since we went there quite often, having owned a timeshare there.  I am really looking forward to it.

I am keeping all on the cares list in my prayers and celebrating with those who are celebrating and cruising .  Hope you all enjoy.

I may be able to post later when we get to JAX.  

Have a good day everyone and

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 30
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)

Good morning Dailyites 

High of 94 today. Possible thunderstorms later. Same-same.

Terry, happy you had a nice trip and made it home safely. What a godsend Tana's friends can help.

Terri, safe travels today. Enjoy your trip. I have done all our packing for the last 33 years. 

Prayers said for our care list. Cheers to our celebrations!

Today is a run to market for a few ingredients I'm needing for a pork tenderloin dish. I like the dump method from Debbie's recipes and may try one this week. Thanks!

Vanessa thank you for being the Wonder Woman keeper of the lists. Thanks to Ann, Dixie, Debbie, Graham, Roy, and Rich. 

Have a blessed day. Please be kind!

Edited by Seasick Sailor
Spelling
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

More lovely weather, partly cloudy and cool!  

Thank you Rich for gathering us!  Thanks all for being here. 

Have several appts this week starting with eye check up today. Will report back🤞

Joy, I hope you can recover quickly, both foot and shoulder!  

Pennie, great report!  Keep it going!  

Terry, hope it’s a quiet day for your household. 

Roy, you have a lot going on, stay with it!  Hoping it all works well together. And Paul continues to improve. Thanks for the video. You’re blessed with a warm and caring community. 

Annie, you can do anything for 2weeks, right?  One hour at a time…. 

Nancy, I hope you can get the pump primer to hold. Are you heading into Iron Mountain?  I get it confused with the Iron-town in the far western UP. Hope they can help you. 

Jacqui… Lillies of the Valley?  I haven’t smelled them for decades!  But their fragrance came right to me from your picture!  

Graham, glad you both are feeling better, out and about. I enjoy your visits to the beach!  

Bruce, glad you are taking it cautiously. So sorry your cruise is winding down. Many many thanks for sharing it with us!  

Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope…. for our country, your country and the too many places of conflict in the world. 

Smooth travels to all away…. Terri, hoping your drive to Jacksonville is the beginning of a restful, healing break for you and Jim! I’m sure it’s upsetting to him too to be confused. Sigh. 

🎉 to all celebrating!  Life is Good🌈. Enjoy something of this gift of a day!  
Maureen 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

Good morning from a partly sunny central Texas.  It is already 77F with 97% humidity and a dew point of 74F.  Our predicted high will be 89F along the normal prediction of afternoon thunderstorms.  The storms are always a possibility this after noon.  There is a 10 mph wind and they could reach 15mph this afternoon.  On the agenda today is putting everything back in the storage cabinets and washing cars.   My choice is either this morning when it is cooler but more humid or this afternoon when it is warmer and windier.   

An interesting combination of days today.  Thank you, Graham, @grapau27 for the explanation of two of the days.  Another website says National Stuffed Shrimp Scholars Day is to learn about food health.  Who doesn't like Wonder Woman.

A funny quote from a funny man.

The meal sounds good, and I'll check out the first and third recipes.  We'll pass on the drink, but the wine sounds good but not at that price.

We visited Ajaccio, Corsica, in 2002 on Noordam III.

A good day in history for the Dutch West India Company.

@LambKnuckles  Lambie, thanks for the pictures of Georgetown.  We've driven through there on our way to Austin, but never looked around the town except to drive through part of Sun City.  I considered going to Southwestern University but decided on UT instead.

@StLouisCruisers  Congratulations to FC Dallas U17 on the win and to Ren for scoring the two goals.

@AroundWithMAPTravels  Thanks for the picture of the donkeys and Napoleon's birthplace.

@dfish  Debbie, as far as painting River's room, I say go for it.  It's been too long since the Messy Painters Club was active.  😁

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope the washer and drier give you many years of good service.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad you and Tana had a good night.  It's very nice of Tana's fellow nurses are willing to help.  Tana amazes me being the calming force with the rest of the family.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I hope all goes smoothly today and tomorrow.  Safe travels.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, I hope all goes well for your DH today at the eye doctors.

434936388_414594154494253_7818482059009830442_n.jpg.4e4b55f05a999d9d8faeeac30e5a472f.jpg

436229706_299838733169458_2848549523375057714_n.jpg.e3b573e1b4c8272a3b3fb18bb0102525.jpg

444828180_429501776714316_3696223989920533947_n.jpg.1fd4be7e486224a1095732e8959633f6.jpg

447010758_764295722532907_1077673147445886500_n.jpg.47899ad011358494eece5f65a71318ef.jpg

447029409_312263391926992_2468247270267464444_n.jpg.483a0e3106aa7e368a8a0413789966d0.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 9

Happy Monday.  Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie. Thank you  Graham for the explanation of Chimbarozo,.  I’ll celebrate that and pass on the other two..

If I tried to sing in the choir our music director would probably change religion..

Probably not a happy day for those in a number of former colonies..

I have not been to Ajaccio..

I’ll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Pear, Cucumber, and Melon Gazpacho, Classic Caesar Salad, and Sauteed Pork Chop as served on MS Prinsendam June 3, 2015.

It looks like a warm day.  I have been out for my walk and will head out to the fire house this afternoon.

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I had to look up Chimborazo Day and learned something this morning.  Wow, National Stuffed Shrimp Scholars sounds like a pretty exclusive group!  There are many Wonder Women here on this site - so many women taking exceptional care of family, friends, critters, all while going about their daily routines.

Once again the sun was up when I first got up, but the skies have clouded over already.  I heard the weather fellow on the radio saying to keep the rain jackets handy, as its starting to sprinkle at the airport and we can expect it to rain throughout most of the day.   This morning we're heading out for breakfast with friends we haven't seen for most of the winter, as they spent a good portion of it in Victoria, BC.  It'll be good to catch up with them and their family's activities.  Yesterday I emailed the invitations for our annual Summerfest barbecue and have already received a half dozen replies.

@Seasick Sailoroh my gosh, your shoulder, then gouging your ankle?  How is everything this morning?  I hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly!  Dang rock!!

@smitty34877I'm glad you got home safely, and chuckled to hear that Tana was the calming voice to the group while you were away.  She's quite a woman.

@kazuI'm happy to hear you got your dahlia's planted; I know how much you love the plants in your yard, just take it slow so you don't injure yourself further.

@marshhawkyay on the new washer & dryer.  I prefer an old fashioned top loading washer - when we were at our DS's in Calgary, they have a front load and I almost had to stand on my head to reach far into the back to retrieve the clothing.  Love the descriptions of the kittens - especially the one where it feels threatened.

I'm going to pass on the drink, would like the wine, but it seems pretty elusive and a bit pricey, but would like to try the menu suggestion.  I love sheet pan dinners because they're easy and a breeze to clean up.  When we get back from breakfast I'm going to put a chicken breast in the air fryer (panko/parmesan crusted), will chill and slice it up to put into tortillas along with cucumbers, grated carrots, parmesan flakes, lettuce, and dressing for wraps to enjoy on the deck this evening.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, in turmoil, and in the paths of destructive storms and fires.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

We visited Ajaccio on May 19, 2002, on Noordam III.  IIRC, that was the port where one of the bow lines snapped, but we missed the excitement.  Fortunately, no one was injured.  That day, we took a train to see more of the island, but that was a bust.  The tracks went through a heavily forested area which hid the scenery.  We saw more on the way back to Ajaccio on the bus.  Once back in town, we walked over the Napoleon's birthplace and around town for a bit.

Ajaccio as we approached the dock.

IMG_0668.thumb.JPG.45bdb75941de7cfc3e34ccd2e7d07efb.JPG

The village of Vizzavona at the end of the train ride

PICT0001.thumb.JPG.77f02ab91066801155cadb91820cd6ed.JPG

PICT0003.thumb.JPG.438edd3cd185fe85507f18e072446d77.JPG

PICT0004.thumb.JPG.49bf121895fb1511d1721124356b5ab3.JPG

The train heading back to Ajaccio and our waiting bus.

PICT0005.thumb.JPG.61152da46be494168d6aa319c9018b5f.JPG

Another view of the statue of Napoleon as First Consul in Place Foch.

PICT0006.thumb.JPG.65384bce4583c84e390f51b51ed1e9ec.JPG

A a couple of pictures of Ajaccio

PICT0010.thumb.JPG.0ffbf47d71f0e8faa1184bd75016ab15.JPG

PICT0011.thumb.JPG.2eeb40d7bb64bc1811b70ef2c45ab4e2.JPG

Lenda

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

We're leaving Visby a few minutes late.  Two women were late due to a Ho-Ho bus that ceased running (?) and if they made it back by 3 p.m. they were coming with us.  I hope they did, otherwise they must find their way to Ronne, Denmark by tomorrow.

I snapped a few shots at the botanical garden today for the Garden Club.  Here they are for your enjoyment.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Enjoy the rest of your Monday!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 6

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We're leaving Visby a few minutes late.  Two women were late due to a Ho-Ho bus that ceased running (?) and if they made it back by 3 p.m. they were coming with us.  I hope they did, otherwise they must find their way to Ronne, Denmark by tomorrow.

I snapped a few shots at the botanical garden today for the Garden Club.  Here they are for your enjoyment.

Enjoy the rest of your Monday!

Sandi, thanks for the pictures of the gardens.  I especially loved the purple iris, may favorite flower and color.

Lenda

• Like 20

Good morning!  First week of June.  How time flies! Very strange days to commemorate but, hey, why not? The quote gave me a chuckle, the meal looks delicious, no on the drink and wine ($), and never been to the port.  Interesting day in history.

IMG_7879.JPG.fdec115083cc714f4153da6e1554738a.JPG

The sun rises early now (~ 0515) and makes for a nice start to the morning.  I listen to birds chirping away as I drink my coffee and all is well with my world.  I just noticed the hummingbird feeder is empty so that task must be accomplished today.  Yesterday, it was nice to get out and about though the only thing I bought was groceries.  

IMG_7880.thumb.JPG.f6ea412edd699ee1c23fbde0a98b0de8.JPG

I did get notification that Tucson Unified School District "offered" me the sub job for next year.  Seemed like such a ridiculous process since I had to "work" for a staffing agency for 1 year because of the retirement rules; they never have enough subs.  So for the next school year I will sub again at TUSD and Flowing Wells.  Funny how much I enjoy doing it and will miss it this summer, though there may be some occasional chances to do so.  

IMG_7881.thumb.JPG.ef680f030b0b99ab64a962977a76d1eb.JPG

I have to go check on the spouts for my misting system on my patio so that I can sit outside.  Right now they kind of spit out tiny drops instead of mist.  I don't mind but........  Plus I really need to start on figuring out if putting my HAL tiles on my hutch will work.  I have taken the cork backing off of many of them in prep for whatever I plan to use them for.  Or I may find that I should go back to my original plan as a side tabletop.  

IMG_7878.JPG.61bdea59a813ea364009d34f3428db95.JPG

Thoughts for all on the care list and cheers for those celebrating.  Have a great day everyone!

IMG_78792.JPG.37f6e59fb3aff0596c04af6a60f35a32.JPG

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

When we were in the Netherlands for a few days walking around in a small town I saw this sign in somebodies window I quickly had to think about all the dog and cat lovers on the Daily …………...

image.thumb.jpeg.156cc717ba828ede6f201c9022bcf78e.jpeg

Tony 😁😁
  • Like 16
  • Haha 16

I learn SO much on the Daily! Thank you for the continuing education!

I love today's quote! Our choir and bell choir met for a joint picnic yesterday, and the weather was perfect. A threat of rain, but it never materialized. Most of the members are great cooks, so the food was amazing! My cooking skills are "meh" so I brought a shrimp platter from the deli, which emptied off very quickly.

@sailingdutchy I have the same sign in my kitchen. Having had both cats & dogs, I think it's true!

Prayers raised for all that need them, and cheers for all who are celebrating and/or traveling!

Have a good day!

Edi

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@ger_77 Thank you for thinking of me. And thank you to all who gave well wishes about my ankle and shoulder.

MSH was SO supportive of my injury. "Honey, what were you thinking!"

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Today is your day to celebrate!!

It’s WONDER WOMEN DAY!

image.thumb.jpeg.92d35133fb391e44b2e3bee34bd4e3cc.jpeg

Dear Joy,

First and foremost I hope your shoulder and ankle are doing better with not a lot of swelling or bruising. Allen is so right with his quote! We tend to always do more than we should at times!

Hugs to you and Allen and so happy of your upcoming trip for your special birthday cruise to Japan!

🌺Sis

Denise😊

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Visby, Gotland, Sweden

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Did you sail up the Archipelago of Stockholm?

That is a wonderful long sail in and out of Stockholm.

Sailed for day in the Stockholm archipelago on the Serenade of the Seas in 2019, and called at Visby the next day. It was during Almedalen Week, and Visby was teeming with politicians, political operatives, and political demonstrators. The younger political operatives appeared to spend more on their clothes and hair styles than most people would on a car.

squeegeeboard.jpg.7a8e55553c2e6db5b143d604d4ea80bd.jpg

• Like 21
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, richwmn said:

Today is ....................................

The first time I sang in the church choir; two hundred people changed their religion. --Fred Allen

55 Funny Choir Puns - Jokes Garage

67 Music church jokes ideas | music jokes, music humor, church jokes

Jokes Choir Design Quote Not Scared I Teach Choir Men's Zip Hoodie

11 Church music humor ideas | music humor, music jokes, church music

High School Choir Jokes

Amazon.com: Womens Cool Funny Choir Group Director Sayings Jokes Statements  V-Neck T-Shirt : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

joketoonquote | Music jokes, Cowboy humor, Music humor

Choir Things Jokes :D | Choir quotes, Choir memes, Music jokes

Choir Girls Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

Church Choir Humor

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 23

Good morning all!

Another rainy day today and tomorrow, but then we'll have a stretch of sunny days.  

Unusual collection of days.  I'll celebrate stuffed shrimp and Wonder Woman.  We have many Wonder Women on this board!

Will pass on the drink and red wine, but the meal sounds yummy.  I'll substitute chicken breasts for the thighs and maybe asparagus for the broccoli.  I printed out the last recipe and will make it tonight.  Thanks Debbie @dfish!  We haven't been to the port, but it looks lovely.  Thanks for all photos!

Yesterday was the DGSs' birthday party and it was a huge success.  DD rented out the pool and activity room at a local aquatic center.  Even though the day was cool, rainy and windy, the kids were all in the outdoor pool (we have hardy children here!) and later lots of fun in the indoor activity room.  We enjoyed ourselves with the other grandparents and drank wine 😉  After the party DH and I went to DD's house, we got pizza take-out and had a nice evening.

Joy @Seasick Sailor Yikes on your foot!  Since you didn't say how you're doing, I hope that means it isn't too bad today?

Terri @Cruzin Terri Safe travels today.  Sending lots of good wishes!

Sandi @StLouisCruisers Thank you for the photos from the gardens.  I've never seen Allium in pink or white, only purple!  Gorgeous.

This afternoon is my Wellness check -- will be glad to have that done for a year.  I do have one question about one of my kidney tests and won't see my kidney doctor for another month. She'll ask about my Diabetic eye exam, I know, but my regular eye doctor has left (story of my life lately) and have to find a new one.  

Some photos from yesterday's party.

Some of the children in the pool

birthdayparty.jpg.66ab956c32034bafa8a6ac664f855110.jpg

DD had make-your-own sundaes instead of birthday cake.

birthdayparty2.thumb.jpg.c9456a074c548bdd09d1955365eb9f78.jpg

• Like 26

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

It’s a warm 88 this PM.

I actually forgot to check in this morning because sometimes with early tee times I’m in a rush.

I like the quote by Fred Allen, he was a funny guy and his fake feud with Jack Benny is legendary.

I’ll pass on the meal.

We have sort of been to Corsica but after 3 long days with tours of Messina, Rome, Florence and Monoco we just couldn’t handle another day of sightseeing and we stayed on the ship. The next stop was Naples and we were well rested and had some great tours of Sorrento and Pompeii.

Have a great and stay safe and well.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1