The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday July 15th, 2024

We had a wonderful tour on April 11th 2017 the day we reached Salaverry  ( Trujillo ) Peru on a tour that Ann @Vict0riann had set up for us . We were with 15 of us in a mini bus and had a fantastic guide , Alfredo .

We went out of the Port and drove to Huacas del Sol and la Luna an Archeological site 
image.thumb.jpeg.3dcaf5c31e826f4558d03738b55b4396.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ae69a949dcc6c360c81d19d2222a7e10.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e34038f9d486db5d5aece6bea0ac1461.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.31e2e39225fd2bec35b5ea6630891aac.jpeg

From there we went into the historic centre of  Trujillo , the Main square  and the Emancipation mansions 

image.thumb.jpeg.ef6e167d77abe5d845775a077e034bb6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.281ddc694792ef1fb2e4d86fb4dc3db7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.eb65a822a484eee3b29742e1cda978e1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6ddd670c78fd6b840a7f9c59b47cb2f5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0365e80ec5fa540bb1fcb1ed59af07dd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.85fc970ac62efd9d33fb54d5df9e69c7.jpeg

It’s now time for a nice little lunch so we drove to Huanchaco fishing village and see the " reed boats “

image.thumb.jpeg.6e0d5d1b13fdd3d5e68d4bc38a370d04.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1204acda7f9773d5537d967f9bec1b86.jpeg

A delicious omelette and some white rice 

image.thumb.jpeg.ba480531b40b048e1549a8bbefbbe9c8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3d1269cae6f9d9b7a3d543a0e502734a.jpeg

After lunch we drove to Chan Chan another archeological site 

image.thumb.jpeg.a5a5fc103d04d37cfdd1a4ae06cfe0cf.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8a9c0fa5f3de8579fda5949e83d7bd08.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b6de3f86db5c8b5fc732762d49c28ae0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ebe0d7c4f522a3e109265bb5808b9118.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3b64099e3831c51bd0df33b2416016f5.jpeg

After a wonderful day and learning a lot about Peru it is than time again to return to the port , Captain Christopher Turner will be waiting for us.

Have a great day everybody , take care ! 
Tony 😁
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 5

A few pictures from today's port from my 2019 Prinsendam visit.  The port is near Salaverry and a couple of photos from the bus on the shuttle to Trujillo:  First the beach:

salaverrybeach.jpg

And a bit of the town:

salaverry.jpg

The plaza near the shuttle dropoff point in Trujillo:

trajilloplaza.jpg

The freedom monument in the plaza:

freedom.jpg

and a bit of Trjuillo from a pedestrian point of view:

pedestreantrajillo.jpg

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

Good morning. It continues hot and dry although the temperature will moderate a little today. Chance of rain later this week with chance being the operative word.

Have visited Salaverry while on the Princendam in 2015 and I spent most of the day at Chan Chan with an archaeologist friend. Did see the reed boats and took a quick tour around town. Very interesting area.

Speaking of the Princendam, I was fooling with my old Amazon tablet last night and got into some kindle reads from the past and found Burning Cold which I read years ago. Started to reread it last night and will try to finish up this afternoon.

I think my baby bird has flown the nest. I hope so since I would love to knock the nest down to discourage the parents. I can't see into the nest so will get one of my tall neighbors to take a peek.

Otherwise, I continue to honor give things away day.

Need to take dogs out, so off I go. Will be checking back through the day. Best wishes to all. @kazuWhen I need to lure dogs into the car before a surgery I offer one tiny piece of kibble or let them a taste of soft food off my hand as a treat. they are pretty irked there was not more, but it works. Vets concern is dogs throwing up.... and a tiny morsel will not cause that.

Susan

• Like 32

Good morning and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I am a proud dork (and nerd), I do like gummy worms (but don't eat them frequently), and I do give away things - and need to do that more.  I LOVE the quote; I was born in CA and lived there until sophomore year in HS.  My grandfather aways seemed to have houses in orange groves.  We would have to go lite the smudge pots when the weather got cold.  My niece used to own an orange grove.  I will pass on all the eats/drinks and have never been to the port. What a great archaeological find!

ScreenShot2024-07-15at07_32_54.thumb.png.5d5474f3e42c58aafc3f3c303852abe1.png

We had a horrendous storm last night that truly had me frightened.  Winds up to 70 mph and things were just whipping around with rain going sidewards and hail.  I lost internet but still had electricity but many of my friends just got electricity back this morning.  Trees down, roofs blown off, flooding, power poles down.  It was bad.  My little patio has roofing material in it, my bird feeder/hummingbird feeder/solar light all blown down, umbrella has a broken rib. and pieces of trees strewn about.  There was a tornado warning and I could swear that is what I experienced but no report this morning that was so.  Lots of clean up will be done today!

IMG_8045.JPG.3822ff46d8d44fdd00ce7a47094fdfbb.JPG

But this morning it is beautiful  Sunny skies with a predicted high of ~100F but with an active monsoon prediction.  83F presently but the humidity is ~50% and clouds will be rolling in soon.  🤞 we don't get a storm like yesterday today.

Off soon to the surgeon to hopefully get my stitches out.  Not looking forward to it but I hope it is all okay.  I feel some tugging but since I can't see it (and it is covered), I don't know what it looks like.  

ScreenShot2024-07-13at07_53_25.thumb.png.a09590792f0139a7130aef6674d83822.png

@marshhawk Yes, I love the pics of the butterfly and caterpillar.  🙂 

@Lady Hudson and @Quartzsite Cruiser DHs - I hope the medical visits go well.

Thoughts for our country and those on the care list.  Cheers for those celebrating.  Have a great day everyone!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

The salmon dinner would be OK if it didn't require the oven. Actual dinner will probably be fish, most likely cod, steamed with chard, if I get chard at the farmer's market this afternoon. I would like the drink. For a Finger Lakes pinot noir, I'd like to try Lakewood's 2022, which would be $30 plus a wine club membership that I don't have. "Velvety layers of cherry, plum and toast define this exceptionally smooth and elegant wine. Classic and versatile."

There is a story to go with this cartoon (continued below).

meatloafpumpkinbread.jpg.a3d772cb9f7d6e2324a69fc79c3ed183.jpg

Story: my mother's birthday was in November. One year, concerned that she might not be eating properly (or at all), I made a batch of extra-nutritious pumpkin and date cookies. I mailed them from Indiana a week before her birthday. It took them an entire month to go from Indiana to Ohio, so they must have been well past their prime. She told me that they were the worst chocolate-chip cookies she had ever tasted.

HortonhearsTheWho.jpg.91e2715d9bd0fe904f9ce79b70e71f88.jpg

• Like 16
  • Haha 16

Good morning all!

We have an overcast morning, but still no rain in sight.  Going to a high of 78, clouds are raising the humidity some so thankfully it won't be too hot.

I'll pass on the gummi worms, don't know any dorks, and we always seem to have a bag to donate and give away.  Will pass on the red wine and drink, but the meal sounds great.  I vaguely remember making the first recipe, I think I'll do the 2nd recipe tonight.  We've been to Peru but not to this port.

Today will be gardening and relaxing at home.  Tomorrow I'm meeting BFF for her birthday lunch, and on Thursday DH and I will be going to Seattle to watch the production of "Clue" -- a gift to us from DD.  We're into the 2nd half of DD's long road trip -- they're making amazing memories!  After leaving Arches National Park they spent a day at Canyonlands National Park and are heading to Mesa Verde next.  I know DH and I loved our time there a few years ago.

Jacqui @kazu You're right, a longer than usual showing is always a good sign.  Keeping fingers crossed you get good news soon!

Vanessa @JazzyV I was sorry to hear you didn't feel well yesterday and hope today is much better.

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser Good wishes as your DH has the CT scan today.

Joy @Seasick Sailor I hope you and your DH get good news today as he sees the nephrologist.

Terry @smitty34877 I smiled as I read your stories about your DB -- good times!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Happy Monday Dailyites!  I didn't get to read yesterday, hoping all had a good weekend.  It's a hot one here today.  We had some rain, but some bad storms went though the area were our lake house is.  I'm seeing lots of damage pictures.  Our neighbor had a big tree come down on his garage.  If the wind was from the other direction, it would have been on our house.  We enjoyed the magic show with the grand daughters on Saturday!  They were also amazed by the show!  Haven't been to the port, the meal sounds good-we have salmon often.  I've been using the basil for a sauce for it. I picked my 1st tomatoes today!  We've had several cucumbers already! 

@kazuhoping you get good news soon in your house.  Prayers that  all goes well for both you and Ivan.  

@JazzyVhoping you feel better today.  

Thanks for all of the port pictures today!  I've seen the world though all of you!

I hope this is allowed (?political) but, we live near Milwaukee, our Son in law works in the "soft" perimeter  area, so I'm saying prayers that everyone is safe there this week. image.thumb.jpeg.a09a6fc7cedba4b21d46fe3db91ea280.jpeg

• Like 26

Good Afternoon Everyone, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  The biggest challenge this week will be to stay cool. Tomorrow Zander has his yearly check up with the vet.  That will mean I have two half days in the office this week.  Tuesdays are mandatory so I’ll make it up on Thursday and get two lunches from work this week.  DH takes his Anejo straight up.  I’m taking Wednesday afternoon off from work.  I hope everyone has a good day today.
image.png.ce32bfb75118aaebfb0b773595a05bf6.png

• Like 22
  • Haha 2

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I try not to be a dork. I'll let BFF know it's gummi worm day, as he loves them (I don't). I'm compiling stuff to give away, in my effort to declutter. Funny quote. I'll pass on the meal (fish) and drink. Yes to the wine, if someone else is buying. I haven't been to Salaverrry. A good day in history.

It's another hot day here, currently 90F, sunny and humid. Maybe a thunderstorm later and we need rain. I spent most of yesterday in the recliner. I managed to get a cup of yogurt down early afternoon, then had some plain rice in the evening, plus drank PowerAde all day. I managed, barely, to stay awake for the late soccer game. I slept ok, and had much less vertigo this AM. My stomach still felt upset. I went to my early PT appointment, but only did the easier stuff, mainly sitting. Since I've been home I had a slice of my sourdough bread plain and more PowerAde. Putting something in my stomach has helped, and it feels better. I'm debating on whether to have my coffee. I think maybe some chicken noodle soup later, even with the heat. Thanks for all the well wishes. 

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad Ren and DS are home safely.

@ottahand7 Sorry about the little robin. Lovely flowers and butterflies.

@Seasick Sailor I'm glad Allen's party was a hit. Prayers for a good report for Allen from the Nephrologist.

@kazu Wow, that's hot! Fingers crossed that you get an offer on the house. Good luck tomorrow with Ivan's surgery, and you getting your meds and bloodwork for your surgery.

@smitty34877 I'm glad to hear that DB and DSIL arrived to help. And nice to hear about DB's sense of humor. I know it must have felt good to have a good laugh. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm glad to hear that DH's symptoms are slowly resolving. Great photos from Salaverry. 

@aliaschief Nice beach house. Enjoy the time with family.

@RMLincoln I'm glad to hear that DH's eye itchiness has improved.

@sailingdutchy Thanks for the excellent photos.

@rafinmd Nice photos.

@Nickelpenny Yikes on the storm, and I'm glad you didn't have any serious damage at your place. Good luck getting your stitches out; I hope it's all well healed now. 

@kochleffel That's a funny story about your DM and the cookies.

@quilty964 I'm glad your lake house was ok after the storm. I like your cucumbers.

@Lady Hudson I hope your DH's echocardiogram today shows no issues.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

Story: my mother's birthday was in November. One year, concerned that she might not be eating properly (or at all), I made a batch of extra-nutritious pumpkin and date cookies. I mailed them from Indiana a week before her birthday. It took them an entire month to go from Indiana to Ohio, so they must have been well past their prime. She told me that they were the worst chocolate-chip cookies she had ever tasted.

When I was in my early teens, my great aunt and I would bake on Saturday and fill a coffee can to send to my uncle in Vietnam. He told us after he returned home that he ate them with a spoon.

• Like 18

4 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@StLouisCruisers This is my weather, but yours looks about the same-

Today
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 96. Heat index values as high as 102. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 73. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
Tuesday
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 2pm and 5pm, then showers and thunderstorms likely after 5pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 93. Heat index values as high as 102. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Tuesday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 75. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Wednesday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. High near 92. West wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Wednesday Night
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 8pm and 2am. Low around 73. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Thursday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. High near 90. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Thursday Night
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly between 8pm and 2am. Low around 70. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Friday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. High near 84. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Friday Night
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly between 8pm and 2am. Low around 70. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Saturday
Showers and thunderstorms. High near 84. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Saturday Night
Showers and thunderstorms. Low around 70. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Sunday
Showers and thunderstorms. High near 86. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Well, it seems like lots of opportunities for rain and temps moderating. Good news for my lawn. Thanks!!

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

@StLouisCruisers sorry about REN. DGS, 6, broke his wrist jumping off a zip line at the park. 

Oh no, Dixie!  Did this just happen?  That’s a tough one. 😮

• Like 12

Good afternoon, Dailyites!   We ran errands this morning, made a donation at ReStore, and had lunch at Timmie's.  They have a new crispy chicken sandwich which I like.  Plus half an apple fritter.  Our Dork was a turtle, a red-eared slider, I think I have told you about before, who is now living at the National Zoo in Washington, DC, at least, I hope he is.

I wonder about the salmon dish - I always cook it in the oven like that but it usually only takes about 20 minutes or less.  I had planned the next time to paint it with mayo, I saw that on a "Beat Bobby Flay" episode.  Sounds interesting.  We are still fridge-less, haven't heard when the new mother board is expected in, so I go out early and get two bags of ice every day to keep the refrigerator part cool.  I picked up a day-old pack of Chinese goodies which we will have this evening, warmed up in the microwave,  

Haha! My memory is that Tony organized that tour in Salaverry, but I'm willing to take the credit.  I remember mainly the heat.   I risked all with a fishy lunch.  It was delicious.  

IMG_1944.thumb.JPG.db530be19653b541b64c4ee82d812dd1.JPG

The place is a desert.

P1060927.thumb.JPG.ed83d582e958d2de126eb347b912e579.JPG

P1040950.thumb.JPG.5d61e3b26e66c2650fbc054c40fff572.JPG

Tony posted the mural - this is iwhat it might have looked like

P1040948.thumb.JPG.02aa4e898c03fd55a948f597188b03e7.JPG

A few flowers from my garden - my Shasta daisy is very yellow this year.

IMG_5275.thumb.jpeg.fe51852e095fd7e9c05ede4364688776.jpeg

IMG_5276.thumb.jpeg.2970d4c32e11c27a1b6c8d8eee96a45b.jpeg

IMG_5274.thumb.jpeg.fa43ed8ed4157954d024433f72891314.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon from a hot central Texas where it's 98F.  The trip to Cleburne for the CT Scan and a W-M visit was good.  Actually, the CT Scan went well as usual, and we weren't there very long.  BTW, DH got a cd of the scan, and as far as we could tell, every thing looks good. We'll know more Friday morning.  It didn't take too long at W-M since there was not much on the list, and I only got three things that weren't on the list.  😉  We were home in a little more than 3 hours, and it takes about an hour each way.  Then, of course, I had to unload the car and get everything put away.  Now, I can stay cool and relax the rest of the afternoon.

6 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning. What do you do on vacation? Relax, which in my case meant sleeping late. We arrived yesterday with no incidents and found our beach house named Soft Shoes to be a beautiful retreat.

The granddaughters already have been in the pool and now are splashing in the Gulf. 
This is most likely my busiest task of the day. 😎
Have a great week everybody. Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.785bf767451ce34f59bda335f1399ac4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7341919514844626be78f3dfc462ce48.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4a9af339041408aaa6c1d20061f6b521.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2719d8996e48dfc89ae57e91afccf1f7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3a971774571bf3098466b33ab3d78006.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.776360eca877fdef2247cf1f3159346f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.37794a674085c238297ff20310741c26.jpeg

Bruce, thanks for the pictures of the beach house.  It looks comfortable and relaxing.  I now understand why you were worried about getting everything in the cars.

6 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I don't think I'm a dork, but if I am, who cares?  Gummi worms haven't made an appearance around here since last year when the grandsons were around.  I've always got a bag open and ready to accept things to give away - right now it's about half full.

It's a cool morning out there for us at only 11C (51F), but the sky is clear and there's barely a breeze.  Right now I can see a couple of squirrels running up and down the spruce trees in the back yard, chasing one another.  We have to appreciate the coolness of today and tomorrow because the rest of the week we're expecting temperatures in the 30's (90+), which for us is hot.

@Seasick Sailor and @Quartzsite Cruiser sending prayers and good vibes that your DH's medical appointments have good outcomes for both guys.

@kazu I hope the couple makes a decision to buy your lovely home very soon and that all goes well with your and Ivan's medicals / surgeries.  It's so hard to deprive our furkids of food prior to any surgery - sending hugs.

We had a busy day yesterday with our Ukrainian friends showing up around 10:30 to dismantle and put away the banquet tables.  My, they work quickly!  They also brought in all the coolers and took them downstairs where they emptied the leftover beer and pop into the spare fridge.  Once they were done, we sat and visited with them for about a half hour over coffee and snacks, then we sent them on their way loaded down with leftovers from Saturday's barbecue that should see them through a couple of days at least.

Later in the afternoon we called our friends Wayne and Fran and asked them if they could help us eat the leftovers - really, I think you can only do that with good friends, right?  So around 5 they came over and we put out a great spread on the table on the deck where we spent 5 hours eating, talking, laughing, and having a super relaxed time making our way through the food and leftover open bottles of wine left from Summerfest.  They left around 10 in a taxi and will come over later today to pick up their car - there was no way either of them was going to drive and neither DH nor I were in any shape to do so either.  Better safe than sorry.

I'm not a fan of ginger beer, so will pass on the drink of the day, would like to try the wine, but it's a little pricey, and do like the idea of sheet pan dinners, especially when they include salmon.  I can make the salmon in the air fryer/convection oven out on the deck, so I might make the first recipe for us tomorrow before the heat descends on us.  Tonight though, it's going to be Monte Cristo sandwiches and chips for us to enjoy at the table on the deck for dinner.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in the midst of wars not of their making.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, thanks for the good wishes today for DH.  Most of the doctor visits are now routine check ups.  Your Ukrainian friends seem to have settled into their new home nicely, and it is very nice of them to help with the set up and take down from summer fest.  I'm glad everyone had a good time working on the leftovers last night, and realized no one was in any condition to drive.

4 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

We had a wonderful tour on April 11th 2017 the day we reached Salaverry  ( Trujillo ) Peru on a tour that Ann @Vict0riann had set up for us . We were with 15 of us in a mini bus and had a fantastic guide , Alfredo .

We went out of the Port and drove to Huacas del Sol and la Luna an Archeological site 

image.thumb.jpeg.3dcaf5c31e826f4558d03738b55b4396.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ae69a949dcc6c360c81d19d2222a7e10.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e34038f9d486db5d5aece6bea0ac1461.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.31e2e39225fd2bec35b5ea6630891aac.jpeg

From there we went into the historic centre of  Trujillo , the Main square  and the Emancipation mansions 

image.thumb.jpeg.ef6e167d77abe5d845775a077e034bb6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.281ddc694792ef1fb2e4d86fb4dc3db7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.eb65a822a484eee3b29742e1cda978e1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6ddd670c78fd6b840a7f9c59b47cb2f5.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0365e80ec5fa540bb1fcb1ed59af07dd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.85fc970ac62efd9d33fb54d5df9e69c7.jpeg

It’s now time for a nice little lunch so we drove to Huanchaco fishing village and see the " reed boats “

image.thumb.jpeg.6e0d5d1b13fdd3d5e68d4bc38a370d04.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1204acda7f9773d5537d967f9bec1b86.jpeg

A delicious omelette and some white rice 

image.thumb.jpeg.ba480531b40b048e1549a8bbefbbe9c8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3d1269cae6f9d9b7a3d543a0e502734a.jpeg

After lunch we drove to Chan Chan another archeological site 

image.thumb.jpeg.a5a5fc103d04d37cfdd1a4ae06cfe0cf.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8a9c0fa5f3de8579fda5949e83d7bd08.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b6de3f86db5c8b5fc732762d49c28ae0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ebe0d7c4f522a3e109265bb5808b9118.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3b64099e3831c51bd0df33b2416016f5.jpeg

After a wonderful day and learning a lot about Peru it is than time again to return to the port , Captain Christopher Turner will be waiting for us.

Have a great day everybody , take care ! 
Tony 😁

Tony, thanks for the pictures today.  They have done a lot more excavating of the sites since we were there in 2001.

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

A few pictures from today's port from my 2019 Prinsendam visit.  The port is near Salaverry and a couple of photos from the bus on the shuttle to Trujillo:  First the beach:

salaverrybeach.jpg

And a bit of the town:

salaverry.jpg

The plaza near the shuttle dropoff point in Trujillo:

trajilloplaza.jpg

The freedom monument in the plaza:

freedom.jpg

and a bit of Trjuillo from a pedestrian point of view:

pedestreantrajillo.jpg

Roy

Roy, thanks for the pictures.  We didn't get too much time in Trujillo, and we saw a different area than most tourists see.  Our driver also asked us not to take pictures of the polling site or the area.

4 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good morning and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I am a proud dork (and nerd), I do like gummy worms (but don't eat them frequently), and I do give away things - and need to do that more.  I LOVE the quote; I was born in CA and lived there until sophomore year in HS.  My grandfather aways seemed to have houses in orange groves.  We would have to go lite the smudge pots when the weather got cold.  My niece used to own an orange grove.  I will pass on all the eats/drinks and have never been to the port. What a great archaeological find!

ScreenShot2024-07-15at07_32_54.thumb.png.5d5474f3e42c58aafc3f3c303852abe1.png

We had a horrendous storm last night that truly had me frightened.  Winds up to 70 mph and things were just whipping around with rain going sidewards and hail.  I lost internet but still had electricity but many of my friends just got electricity back this morning.  Trees down, roofs blown off, flooding, power poles down.  It was bad.  My little patio has roofing material in it, my bird feeder/hummingbird feeder/solar light all blown down, umbrella has a broken rib. and pieces of trees strewn about.  There was a tornado warning and I could swear that is what I experienced but no report this morning that was so.  Lots of clean up will be done today!

IMG_8045.JPG.3822ff46d8d44fdd00ce7a47094fdfbb.JPG

But this morning it is beautiful  Sunny skies with a predicted high of ~100F but with an active monsoon prediction.  83F presently but the humidity is ~50% and clouds will be rolling in soon.  🤞 we don't get a storm like yesterday today.

Off soon to the surgeon to hopefully get my stitches out.  Not looking forward to it but I hope it is all okay.  I feel some tugging but since I can't see it (and it is covered), I don't know what it looks like.  

ScreenShot2024-07-13at07_53_25.thumb.png.a09590792f0139a7130aef6674d83822.png

@marshhawk Yes, I love the pics of the butterfly and caterpillar.  🙂 

@Lady Hudson and @Quartzsite Cruiser DHs - I hope the medical visits go well.

Thoughts for our country and those on the care list.  Cheers for those celebrating.  Have a great day everyone!

Pennie, I'm glad you did not have too much damage from the storm.  It sounds like it could have been an F0 tornado like the one that came through our little community several years ago.  I hope you get some more rain without all the wind.

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

We have an overcast morning, but still no rain in sight.  Going to a high of 78, clouds are raising the humidity some so thankfully it won't be too hot.

I'll pass on the gummi worms, don't know any dorks, and we always seem to have a bag to donate and give away.  Will pass on the red wine and drink, but the meal sounds great.  I vaguely remember making the first recipe, I think I'll do the 2nd recipe tonight.  We've been to Peru but not to this port.

Today will be gardening and relaxing at home.  Tomorrow I'm meeting BFF for her birthday lunch, and on Thursday DH and I will be going to Seattle to watch the production of "Clue" -- a gift to us from DD.  We're into the 2nd half of DD's long road trip -- they're making amazing memories!  After leaving Arches National Park they spent a day at Canyonlands National Park and are heading to Mesa Verde next.  I know DH and I loved our time there a few years ago.

Jacqui @kazu You're right, a longer than usual showing is always a good sign.  Keeping fingers crossed you get good news soon!

Vanessa @JazzyV I was sorry to hear you didn't feel well yesterday and hope today is much better.

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser Good wishes as your DH has the CT scan today.

Joy @Seasick Sailor I hope you and your DH get good news today as he sees the nephrologist.

Terry @smitty34877 I smiled as I read your stories about your DB -- good times!

Thanks for the good wishes, Carolyn.  We visited all the areas your family is seeing with our DDs and have some great memories.

2 hours ago, quilty964 said:

Happy Monday Dailyites!  I didn't get to read yesterday, hoping all had a good weekend.  It's a hot one here today.  We had some rain, but some bad storms went though the area were our lake house is.  I'm seeing lots of damage pictures.  Our neighbor had a big tree come down on his garage.  If the wind was from the other direction, it would have been on our house.  We enjoyed the magic show with the grand daughters on Saturday!  They were also amazed by the show!  Haven't been to the port, the meal sounds good-we have salmon often.  I've been using the basil for a sauce for it. I picked my 1st tomatoes today!  We've had several cucumbers already! 

@kazuhoping you get good news soon in your house.  Prayers that  all goes well for both you and Ivan.  

@JazzyVhoping you feel better today.  

Thanks for all of the port pictures today!  I've seen the world though all of you!

I hope this is allowed (?political) but, we live near Milwaukee, our Son in law works in the "soft" perimeter  area, so I'm saying prayers that everyone is safe there this week. image.thumb.jpeg.a09a6fc7cedba4b21d46fe3db91ea280.jpeg

Karen, that was not political, and I also hope everyone in and around both political conventions have a safe and fun convention.  I hope your DSIL stays safe this week.  I'm sorry your neighbors garage was damaged, but I'm glad your lake house was not.

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I try not to be a dork. I'll let BFF know it's gummi worm day, as he loves them (I don't). I'm compiling stuff to give away, in my effort to declutter. Funny quote. I'll pass on the meal (fish) and drink. Yes to the wine, if someone else is buying. I haven't been to Salaverrry. A good day in history.

It's another hot day here, currently 90F, sunny and humid. Maybe a thunderstorm later and we need rain. I spent most of yesterday in the recliner. I managed to get a cup of yogurt down early afternoon, then had some plain rice in the evening, plus drank PowerAde all day. I managed, barely, to stay awake for the late soccer game. I slept ok, and had much less vertigo this AM. My stomach still felt upset. I went to my early PT appointment, but only did the easier stuff, mainly sitting. Since I've been home I had a slice of my sourdough bread plain and more PowerAde. Putting something in my stomach has helped, and it feels better. I'm debating on whether to have my coffee. I think maybe some chicken noodle soup later, even with the heat. Thanks for all the well wishes. 

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad Ren and DS are home safely.

@ottahand7 Sorry about the little robin. Lovely flowers and butterflies.

@Seasick Sailor I'm glad Allen's party was a hit. Prayers for a good report for Allen from the Nephrologist.

@kazu Wow, that's hot! Fingers crossed that you get an offer on the house. Good luck tomorrow with Ivan's surgery, and you getting your meds and bloodwork for your surgery.

@smitty34877 I'm glad to hear that DB and DSIL arrived to help. And nice to hear about DB's sense of humor. I know it must have felt good to have a good laugh. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm glad to hear that DH's symptoms are slowly resolving. Great photos from Salaverry. 

@aliaschief Nice beach house. Enjoy the time with family.

@RMLincoln I'm glad to hear that DH's eye itchiness has improved.

@sailingdutchy Thanks for the excellent photos.

@rafinmd Nice photos.

@Nickelpenny Yikes on the storm, and I'm glad you didn't have any serious damage at your place. Good luck getting your stitches out; I hope it's all well healed now. 

@kochleffel That's a funny story about your DM and the cookies.

@quilty964 I'm glad your lake house was ok after the storm. I like your cucumbers.

@Lady Hudson I hope your DH's echocardiogram today shows no issues.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm glad you are beginning to feel better.  If the vertigo continues, there are some exercises that could help with that if it is due to crystals in the ear.  Thank you for nice comments about the pictures, and about DH's recovery.  We never knew that it can take quite a while to recover from a concussion.

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

@StLouisCruisers sorry about REN. DGS, 6, broke his wrist jumping off a zip line at the park. 

Dixie, I hope your DGS is doing well if the broken wrist was recent.

13 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good afternoon, Dailyites!   We ran errands this morning, made a donation at ReStore, and had lunch at Timmie's.  They have a new crispy chicken sandwich which I like.  Plus half an apple fritter.  Our Dork was a turtle, a red-eared slider, I think I have told you about before, who is now living at the National Zoo in Washington, DC, at least, I hope he is.

I wonder about the salmon dish - I always cook it in the oven like that but it usually only takes about 20 minutes or less.  I had planned the next time to paint it with mayo, I saw that on a "Beat Bobby Flay" episode.  Sounds interesting.  We are still fridge-less, haven't heard when the new mother board is expected in, so I go out early and get two bags of ice every day to keep the refrigerator part cool.  I picked up a day-old pack of Chinese goodies which we will have this evening, warmed up in the microwave,  

Haha! My memory is that Tony organized that tour in Salaverry, but I'm willing to take the credit.  I remember mainly the heat.   I risked all with a fishy lunch.  It was delicious.  

IMG_1944.thumb.JPG.db530be19653b541b64c4ee82d812dd1.JPG

The place is a desert.

P1060927.thumb.JPG.ed83d582e958d2de126eb347b912e579.JPG

P1040950.thumb.JPG.5d61e3b26e66c2650fbc054c40fff572.JPG

Tony posted the mural - this is iwhat it might have looked like

P1040948.thumb.JPG.02aa4e898c03fd55a948f597188b03e7.JPG

A few flowers from my garden - my Shasta daisy is very yellow this year.

IMG_5275.thumb.jpeg.fe51852e095fd7e9c05ede4364688776.jpeg

IMG_5276.thumb.jpeg.2970d4c32e11c27a1b6c8d8eee96a45b.jpeg

IMG_5274.thumb.jpeg.fa43ed8ed4157954d024433f72891314.jpeg

Ann, I hope the refrigerator part arrives soon.  Thanks for all the pictures.  I wish we could grow such pretty flowers here.

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

In 2001 on b2b cruises from Valparaiso to Ft. Lauderdale and then to Seattle, we stopped in Salverry, Peru.  We hired a taxi for a tour that day and visited the Temple of the Moon, Temple of the Sun, an adobe citadel, a fishing village and Trujillo.  It was an election day, and our driver needed to vote before the poles closed, and since he would not have time after we returned to the ship, we went with him to vote.  At that time, Peru required a passport to vote, and they stamped the passports of those who voted.  Without the stamp the person could not leave the country.  The driver's poling place was in a rough part of Trujillo; so for our safety, he cracked the windows a bit and locked us in the car.

There was a band on the dock when we arrived in Salverry.

pdf20240714_20220681.thumb.jpg.bcbedb405d4f80eb93b11aa9cce51a71.jpg

Our first stop were the archaeological sites of the Temple of the Sun and the Temple of the Moon.  These were taken at the Temple of the Sun (La Huaca del Sol), and we did not explore the Temple of the Moon (La Huaca del Luna).

pdf20240714_20022163.thumb.jpg.726d49065173bc1241c7ff12efe76836.jpg

pdf20240714_20022163_0001.thumb.jpg.d96679cdf2f55ef2321abdd4dd5604e8.jpg

pdf20240714_20003677.thumb.jpg.1eb30f405edcf88bfe1b4b880adfc43a.jpg

This is a reproduction of some of the decorations in the temples.

pdf20240714_20003675.thumb.jpg.6ab08950bb5ca9a6608adbbf9b6dcfdd.jpg

DH and our taxi

pdf20240714_20050832.thumb.jpg.897106a15646fead50a3a115844ff62e.jpg

Chan Chan an ancient adobe citadel.

pdf20240714_20050834.thumb.jpg.58def66d5b9e8526436502edd16cb3c7.jpg

pdf20240714_20074892.thumb.jpg.5911e6f813ce2954b7e4c287e35a1273.jpg

pdf20240714_20074895.thumb.jpg.1e36000254cd6d9c86077d6a14f5f422.jpg

Our next stop was the fishing village of Huanchaco

pdf20240714_20092504_0001.thumb.jpg.de100641969938a207b9acd9e8a9cefe.jpg

Here they use reed boats, and you can see some on the beach.

pdf20240714_20092504_0001.thumb.jpg.de100641969938a207b9acd9e8a9cefe.jpg

pdf20240714_20092504.thumb.jpg.d43e7e9eb189b220362d2e8501601659.jpg

pdf20240714_20134179.thumb.jpg.626a8846c694bdea8054b905550fe952.jpg

pdf20240714_20114470.jpg

The Plaza de Armas with the Freedom Monument in Trujillo

pdf20240714_20114470_0001.thumb.jpg.be3acb46311e97e45497721d6405c480.jpg

The Provincial Municipality of Trujillo building
pdf20240714_20134181.thumb.jpg.ed965f982c3c431387f70493dab365f6.jpg

Cathedral de Santa Maria

pdf20240714_20173536.thumb.jpg.a77374461480d24da57498a8fd46e262.jpg

Lenda

Great collection of photos Lenda.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Well, it seems like lots of opportunities for rain and temps moderating. Good news for my lawn. Thanks!!

Oh no, Dixie!  Did this just happen?  That’s a tough one. 😮

On the 5th.  He had a water cast out on today so he can swim. He love it. 

• Like 13

Good evening, everyone. Let me start by well wishes for anyone ill or awaiting tests. I am too tired to try to itemize the last two days. I just got caught up, no wifi last night at the campground. And now we are home. This was a very short vacation. We left Sunday morning even though I had a cough and cold thinking I might feel better as the day progressed. NOT. And to top it off, DH picked up my cold. His includes muscle fatigue. It was a tough drive home today, 8 hours out yesterday and 8 back today. We got as far as our first stop in  Cornwall Ontario . Thank goodness for highway 407, a toll road north of Toronto so we could miss the traffic tie ups on the 401 in Toronto coming home.  Whatever they charge me in toll will have been worth it! Hoping for a better day for both of us tomorrow. We will test for COVID in the morning but I think it is just a very bad cold.  Good night all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 13

2 minutes ago, superoma said:

Good evening, everyone. Let me start by well wishes for anyone ill or awaiting tests. I am too tired to try to itemize the last two days. I just got caught up, no wifi last night at the campground. And now we are home. This was a very short vacation. We left Sunday morning even though I had a cough and cold thinking I might feel better as the day progressed. NOT. And to top it off, DH picked up my cold. His includes muscle fatigue. It was a tough drive home today, 8 hours out yesterday and 8 back today. We got as far as our first stop in  Cornwall Ontario . Thank goodness for highway 407, a toll road north of Toronto so we could miss the traffic tie ups on the 401 in Toronto coming home.  Whatever they charge me in toll will have been worth it! Hoping for a better day for both of us tomorrow. We will test for COVID in the morning but I think it is just a very bad cold.  Good night all.

Sorry about the cold and glad you made it home. Hope the covid test is a negative.

Susan

• Like 9

DD in Gander called yesterday.  She has Covid, for the second time.    She thought it was a cold, but tested as she was supposed to go in to work, and wanted to be sure she was okay, as she has a trainee she needs to sit quite close to… 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 13

57 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

DD in Gander called yesterday.  She has Covid, for the second time.    She thought it was a cold, but tested as she was supposed to go in to work, and wanted to be sure she was okay, as she has a trainee she needs to sit quite close to… 

Hope she feels better soon.

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

I was hoping to get off work at 5, but the assistant manager scheduled a call back for me an hour after 5, so I worked an extra hour and a half.  Sold 2 bucks over 8k.  I made the shrimp peanut salad again, as i still had ingredients, and DH does eat it, and then Donna came over for leftover cherry chocolate cobbler.  She too loved it.

Dh did not have a good day, he thought the pain in his right leg justified going to the emergency room, I read the dr's instructions.  It did not justify going to the emergency room.  I made him call the doc, and they told him to sit still, put his leg up, and STOP CROSSING HIS LEGS!  I was busy at work and told him that his lunch was in the fridge, but he didnt want to eat.  Cant gain weight if you dont eat. Long day for me.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 13

@richwmn   Rich,  Thank you for the HAL Fleet report and for listing a New Zealand wine.  Central Otago produces very good Pinot Noir..........when I want to buy Pinot Noir, I always buy one produced in Central Otago.

It's a wet day with some fog, temperature 10 C.

Have more items to give away, DH will take when he goes to his volunteer work  tomorrow.

@kazu  hope your appointments go well tomorrow, and that you will soon have a suitable offer  for your home.

@Vict0riann  thanks for sharing the photos from your garden, beautiful Clematis, hope the problem with your refrigerator will soon be solved, and that your DD quickly recovers from Covid.

@Quartzsite Cruiser  I really appreciate you multi quoting in your posts, a big Thank You.

Hope your DH gets a good report on Friday.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3