Charge to Sit at Captains Table

I just saw on another site that someone got an email offer to sit with the Captain at dinner.  What?  Been on Celebrity 15+ and never heard anything like this.  Many years ago we were invited to dine with captain or hotel and enjoyed it but nothing we need to do again.  In fact, I didn’t realize they even had Captain’s tables any longer.  

Never hear of that on Celebrity.    They often have opportunities to eat with an officer.   Also Officers often enjoy being invited to dine with you at a specialty (at your cost). 

Celebrity often have Lunch With the Captain and / or Senior Officer for Upper Suites and Zenith Members.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Captains Table has been gone for a long time.  However recently Celebrity is selling anything and everything they can think of, so it’s possible they are now selling time with the Captain.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

The Captains Table has been gone for a long time.  However recently Celebrity is selling anything and everything they can think of, so it’s possible they are now selling time with the Captain.

That wouldn't surprise me...  I was just looking at my Silhouette November TA.   Lots o Sea Days.    They are now selling a Tour of the MDR kitchen with lunch

image.thumb.png.2f51b6ba9f641e882230cdcbe25c3c6d.png

And Pizza Making Class

image.thumb.png.20242b2db2974cbdb20e37ff25c286ee.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have always politely declined invitations to dine with ship officers. I cannot imagine many wanting to pay for that privilege.   Now, if they offered some OBC, I might consider attending and even allowing them to take a pic with me. 😀

Years ago the Captains Club Hostess approached us with an invitation for dinner at the Captains Table.  She was flabbergasted when we politely declined.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

That wouldn't surprise me...  I was just looking at my Silhouette November TA.   Lots o Sea Days.    They are now selling a Tour of the MDR kitchen with lunch

image.thumb.png.2f51b6ba9f641e882230cdcbe25c3c6d.png

And Pizza Making Class

image.thumb.png.20242b2db2974cbdb20e37ff25c286ee.png

That must be some Pizza for $67.99

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ldubs said:

We have always politely declined invitations to dine with ship officers. I cannot imagine many wanting to pay for that privilege.   Now, if they offered some OBC, I might consider attending and even allowing them to take a pic with me. 😀

They would have to pay me and even then I would have to think it over.  However, I am sure the Captain Kate stalkers would fall over each other to pay for the opportunity.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, doghog said:

We;ve been invited in the past. We accepted the inventions and enjoyed it. We wouldn't pay for it. 

We have too, 5 times accepted and had lovely experience for free!And  we were not in high end cabins, but that was before COVID, and would not pay for this. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, odysee said:

Years ago the Captains Club Hostess approached us with an invitation for dinner at the Captains Table.  She was flabbergasted when we politely declined.

We did this twice, because we were on a big table and didn’t want to not turn up! 

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Pay?  I thought the person that won the overall in the multi-day putting contest got dinner with the Captain as the prize? 

Wait! What?  I won the overall last cruise and all I got was my Celebrity medal and a Celebrity hat which I gave to my wife!

4 hours ago, charlielinda said:

I just saw on another site that someone got an email offer to sit with the Captain at dinner.  What?  Been on Celebrity 15+ and never heard anything like this.  Many years ago we were invited to dine with captain or hotel and enjoyed it but nothing we need to do again.  In fact, I didn’t realize they even had Captain’s tables any longer.  

is there a screen capture of this email? I’d like to know what they’re charging for the experience. I’m also just interested in how they’ve phrased the offer.

16 minutes ago, CCRUZER said:

Wait! What?  I won the overall last cruise and all I got was my Celebrity medal and a Celebrity hat which I gave to my wife!

Obviously Celebrity knows what you did, so…..

When I heard that term, I thought of the special private-room tasting menu they offer on some ships, sometimes named called the Captain's Table. Pretty pricy and MANY courses... But does Celebrity even offer such a thing?

I am beginning to think someone may have confused Captain's Table with Chef's Table with the talk about a charge. 

The one time we dined at the Captain's Table was one of our first cruises and I have no idea how we were picked.   

• Like 9

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I am beginning to think someone may have confused Captain's Table with Chef's Table with the talk about a charge. 

The one time we dined at the Captain's Table was one of our first cruises and I have no idea how we were picked.   

Methinks you are correct. Not the Captain’s Table but the Chef’s!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, charlielinda said:

Can you get us a screen shot of this?  

18 hours ago, ldubs said:

We have always politely declined invitations to dine with ship officers.

How many invites have you had?  I’ve been cruising since 1992 and the only invite I’ve ever received was to the helipad for a sail away. 

We were invited to dine at the captains table, once with the captain and 2 other times with different officers, and I truly enjoyed all 3 dinners.  I remember when we dined with Captain Nick and he ordered some very fancy wine and I commented on how good it was and low and behold I received a bottle in my room with a note from the captain.  He later asked if I enjoyed it.  Great memories from when Celebrity always left you with great memories.  The ‘good ole days’.  

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, swjumbo said:

Methinks you are correct. Not the Captain’s Table but the Chef’s!

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Can you get us a screen shot of this?  

A screen shot would be very helpful , or was the email sent out while Celebrity IT department was have a party 😉🤣

IMG_7528.thumb.jpeg.9afa6632cb45cbff72669034bae17eff.jpeg

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

They would have to pay me and even then I would have to think it over.  However, I am sure the Captain Kate stalkers would fall over each other to pay for the opportunity.

They should hold a charity auction for a noble cause on board for dinner with Captain Kate.  It would raise a lot of money me thinks!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

They should hold a charity auction for a noble cause on board for dinner with Captain Kate.  It would raise a lot of money me thinks!

Normally I say "don't give them any ideas" about money making sources, but since it's for charity, I'll allow it. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1