Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Photos by Yves Pommeron

52658fdf3c307a0ff3fe4352fe3b3fa0.jpg

Thanks for the pictures Lloyd!

Very interesting to see the workers underneath the suites (assuming they are them) in the first set of photos you posted.

The balconies have a blue portion in the glass up to the rail which might restrict view if not see through. One room even has a support pole in the middle of the balcony.

Would expect that you design a clean balcony for the suites at the prices they are charging.

Lloyd - Thanks for all the photo updates including the above closeup of a suite balcony.

Omarchs - I noticed that support pole in a few of Lloyds earlier photos. That plus some good feedback from eroller about an empty space between some cabins, prompted me to switch cabin numbers.

Thanks for the pictures Lloyd!

Very interesting to see the workers underneath the suites (assuming they are them) in the first set of photos you posted.

The balconies have a blue portion in the glass up to the rail which might restrict view if not see through. One room even has a support pole in the middle of the balcony.

Would expect that you design a clean balcony for the suites at the prices they are charging.

Someone else mentioned that they moved their suite to next to a firewall to get away from a support beam in the middle of the balcony. Time will tell how annoying they will be.

I hadn't noticed the blue strip on the suite balconies before - I'm sure it makes the ship look better overall, with the IV's having those blue strips on either side. I hope they are not in the line of view when seated or they would be annoying for some. I doubt they will be on the aft balconies so we should be safe from them there.

I do think the blue strip are there to match the lines of the IVs below. It would be great though if it were tinted blue glass that you can see through.

I do think the blue strip are there to match the lines of the IVs below. It would be great though if it were tinted blue glass that you can see through.

Form over function once again :D

Should we start asking for an obstructed view discount?

Never been a limit in Sky lounge or wherever. However if there’s to many elites on board then you are given 3 vouchers or electronic credit on sea pass for 3 drinks in other bars from the same limited menu

This is what I was saying...

There was NOT "too many" Elites onboard, and the hostess was saying that this is only an "experiment" for 2-3 ships...

Weird but I felt a bit odd, particularly since I had an unfortunate incident with cognac (see my review)

If you think a little blue strip constitutes an obstruction, just look at deck 6 cabins and note that the deck plan brochure does not consider the cabins by the lifeboats, obstructed... as they do on S Class ships. As noted in earlier posts... I think I managed to get just past a lifeboat davit, so will be curious how much this impacts the view.

If I remember right, with the existing X ships, Celebrity added a big ‘X’ on the sides which was dark strips on the balconies forming the ‘X’. There was a big discussion on how it would block out viewing and be an obstacle. Turned out it wasn’t an issue, at least from what I experienced and was a bit of darkening on my balcony.

This could be the same. Looks like an issue.....isnt.

Den

From my understanding is that for every 4 cabins that have the "regular balcony" that they middle 2 have the post - I will be in a Sky Suite (s2) and we have one of the "end" cabins so won't have the post, I'm not sure if I'd rather have the Infinite Balcony or a standard one... or Infinite Balcony vs a balcony with a post - I think it will be very interesting once we start seeing post from people who are in the cabins vs just what we are seeing

If I remember right, with the existing X ships, Celebrity added a big ‘X’ on the sides which was dark strips on the balconies forming the ‘X’.

As far as I remember they only did this on the Solstice. All following Solstice class ships don´t have the X on the sides.

steamboats

Lloyd555, I assume you were in France. I am very Sorry.

Please Forgive This Old Senior Citizen..

No problem. I wish I were in France!

Maybe I'll make the trip for Oasis 5 float out.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Have we talked about the absence of curtains or blinds in the Infinity cabin renderings. Topic was brought up in the FB group. I messaged Celebrity and was told that guests can black out the glass with the push of a button.

Is that news to anyone?

05503de91538ed95e824dcb48ca66f82.jpg

Certainly news to me and many others who have expressed concern about no curtains. Logical, perhaps the same way the windows are darkened in the the new Boeing Dreamliners. Kinda magical. Sorry VT, looks like you won't get many sales of your blackout curtains and rods at your pop-up stand at the dock.:D

We weren’t talking about the blackout shade on the Infinite Veranda window, as we knew that was part of the design. Rather, we were talking about curtains for the bifold doors between the room and the Infinite Veranda. So, Vtcruising’s stand may still be quite useful;-) BTW Lloyd, this is a great photo.Thanks!

Here’s the main thread on the subject of Infinite Veranda cabins:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2658768

Have we talked about the absence of curtains or blinds in the Infinity cabin renderings. Topic was brought up in the FB group. I messaged Celebrity and was told that guests can black out the glass with the push of a button.

Is that news to anyone?

Not news to me, I'm sure they mentioned it during the live reveal. But I don’t remember the drop down blinds being mentioned at that time, first heard about those here on CC.

Is that news to anyone?

The woman who was in the only IV on Connie indicated that they had black out shades that you could control with the push of a button. So even if you have the black out shade, technically you can black out the glass with a push of a button. When looking at old photos of the ship there were a number of windows that appear to have a shade not hanging straight. Not sure exactly what I was looking at. Guess we shall see if we have 'switchable glass' or 'black out shades'.

I was thinking that I can control heating, lighting, opening of door, alarm clock and window tinting with the app on my phone. The real question is can I order my meal through a app a head of time to give the staff a idea of time and what I want for my meal.