Am I crazy, or has Windjammer improved immensely?

While it can vary by ship...we usually eat most dinners in the WJ....We find it to be much quieter than the main dining room's and after many cruises with RCI it's just now where we prefer to be most evenings.

Done 3 crises the last year, Ovation, Brilliance and just on Explorer now.... I've noticed a huge increase in the taste and quality of the food in the Windjammer. Thoughts?

I have not noticed that! Windjammer continues to disappoint...especially during lunch.

We are also on Explorer now and have eaten all meals in WJ except one dinner at Giovanni's. I always find plenty to eat. Lots of choices... many ethnic choices if one decides to venture out. Also have never seen an entire "island" devoted to gluten free foods. DH has commented that the meats have been better as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our recent B2B on Ex I did notice, and commented to DH, that the food had improved.

Ex is the only ship I have been on recently that still has my favourite desert, Key Lime Pie

Aussie Frequent Floaters

We had never done dinner in the WJ until our January cruise. I was very surprised. The service was good and attentive. The sushi and Indian food was tasty, and the carving station was good. I enjoyed the ice cream station with toppings, as I'm not a fan of the MDR gelatin-y, soggy desserts. Overall, we really enjoyed it, and would go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Done 3 crises the last year, Ovation, Brilliance and just on Explorer now.... I've noticed a huge increase in the taste and quality of the food in the Windjammer. Thoughts?

We were on the SOS last month. The food in the windjammer was really good. The dessert were amazing. Never did eat in the MDR

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I find complaining about the WJ to be like going to Golden Corral and complaining it is cheap buffet food.

It is what it is. Accept it and it will be fine. You go there and you know what it is. Don't pretend it is more and your needs will be met.

Windjammer really depends on the ship. We are on allure and haven't been impressed with the wj at all. We usually go there for dinner at least half the cruise but not this cruise. We have found mdr to be much better. Radiance class has had the best wj dinners in our experience. Anthem wj wasn't too bad either.

Currently on Oasis and I could not agree more, the food in the windjammer has been great. And last night they had lobster in the windjammer as well, it was great, and the Mongolian is always good.

Currently on Oasis and I could not agree more, the food in the windjammer has been great. And last night they had lobster in the windjammer as well, it was great, and the Mongolian is always good.

Even last year my experience on Oasis in Windjammer was similar. The quality of the food was very good for a buffet. Then on my Carnival cruise after, their buffet was a disaster, inedible. Really shows how much better Royal does with the buffet.

Even last year my experience on Oasis in Windjammer was similar. The quality of the food was very good for a buffet. Then on my Carnival cruise after, their buffet was a disaster, inedible. Really shows how much better Royal does with the buffet.

I remember three years ago on Oasis the windjammer was terrible, much much better now.

It's funny you mention this because we did NCL last fall and thought the buffet was immensely better than RCCL and thought Royal had slipped in the buffet area. Now we are booked on Anthem and will be curious to see how the Windjammer improved or stayed the same. Royal Caribbean is our preferred cruise line afterall.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app