Priority boarding?

msteries

Haven’t sailed Celebrity in at least 15 years, so have a few questions -wondering about Concierge Class on the Silhouette. In particular, what is meant by Priority Boarding. After several foot surgeries I find I can walk quite well, but standing for long periods is very uncomfortable. How much standing is involved during the safety muster?

Most people go to the MDR or Theater for Muster dill where there are seats for all. Get there early if you are assigned a Specialty dining venue. You'll most likely need to stand if you are assigned the Photo Gallery, the worst spot by far!

You will stand in line for Concierge, but how long depends on the number of people in front of you. That depends on the time you report.

You should not be in line too long for boarding but if your condition becomes more challenging just ask for wheelchair boarding.

If you get to your muster area and there is no where to sit find a member of staff and explain your issue. They will find a seat for you. Much as I have always been reluctant to ask for/accept support for limited mobility issues last year I accepted wheelchair airport and cruise boarding....not just better for me, better for my family too.

I do think for many people there is that stage of life when you are not ‘fully mobile’ but you don’t feel you quite meet the criteria for ‘disabled’.....One thing I have found out this year is if I ask for a little help then I can better enjoy my cruise...

Get to your muster station early and bring/get a drink if you can.

Priority boarding means you will be in line with everyone else. You will have priority over people who are not taking the cruise....

In my experience, priority boarding only appies to suites. Yes, there is a separate line for concierge, another for Elite, etc. and counters labelled as such. But if there is anyone in line for suites, they are taken to any open clerk before the others. EM

Depending on where your muster station is I would advise at least 20 minutes early in order to get a seat. We've never had the "pleasure" of the photo gallery but have been in Michaels Club and it is a nightmare if you need to sit. Our last cruise our muster was in the Ensemble Lounge and seats were gone 10-15 minutes prior. The main dining room is not as bad.

The top three worse things of cruising is emabarkation, muster drill and disembarkation.

Everyone is in a rush to get onboard but for some reason in a bigger rush to leave.

Happy cruising 🌊🛳🇺🇸🌅

In my experience, priority boarding only appies to suites. Yes, there is a separate line for concierge, another for Elite, etc. and counters labelled as such. But if there is anyone in line for suites, they are taken to any open clerk before the others. EM

At Port of Miami for 9/25/17 sailing of the Equinoc: suite, aqua and concierge were the first to board at about 10:40. The other lower cabin classes had to wait until a little later.

We usually get to the port about 10:30 AM in Florida. We pick the shortest line of Concierge, Elite, Aqua depending on what reservation we have. Sometimes the regular lines are shorter, but in our experience that's only happened once. Concierge class is supposed to have the concierge available at the embarkation lines although I've never needed their service. Since you have a physical challenge, I suggest that you call ahead and let them know your needs and you'd like to know where the concierge will be and your needs. We are generally on board within a half hour or less. The only exception we've ever had was the Constellation in Dec. 2016 in Ft. Lauderdale. There was a tornado in Ft. Lauderdale that morning that blew deck chairs from the pool deck onto the roof of Port Everglades, and delayed disembarkation of the ship as well as blew out computers and xray machines in the terminal. Needless to say, that was pretty chaotic! Even then, we were on the ship on under an hour.

Thanks for the information, everyone!

The last 10 years I have sailed HAL, where you're crammed into a mob out on the promenade. Clausterphobic for many, hot, and a long time standing. Looking at some prices on a January sailng, and trying to decide if a Concierge Class price tag is worth it.

You should not be in line too long for boarding but if your condition becomes more challenging just ask for wheelchair boarding.

If you get to your muster area and there is no where to sit find a member of staff and explain your issue. They will find a seat for you. Much as I have always been reluctant to ask for/accept support for limited mobility issues last year I accepted wheelchair airport and cruise boarding....not just better for me, better for my family too.

I do think for many people there is that stage of life when you are not ‘fully mobile’ but you don’t feel you quite meet the criteria for ‘disabled’.....One thing I have found out this year is if I ask for a little help then I can better enjoy my cruise...

Last winter I asked for wheelchair service through Atlanta. Was wonderful! Going to consider the same this year, although walking is really almost back to normal. Standing in one place in the heat, as in an outdoor line, is something I do worry about.

HAL muster outside is a long hot ordeal, and there are no places to sit. But indoors, out of sun should be doable.

Thanks so much for your very considerate reply.

We usually get to the port about 10:30 AM in Florida. We pick the shortest line of Concierge, Elite, Aqua depending on what reservation we have. Sometimes the regular lines are shorter, but in our experience that's only happened once..

Do they announce actual boarding by groups (suites, elite, etc.) or do you go right on after processing?

Do they announce actual boarding by groups (suites, elite, etc.) or do you go right on after processing?

Depends if the ship has been opened. If you arrive too early then you wait. If you are waiting then someone will come and direct your group to the gangway. The sitting area is divided according to groups and suites and zenith will go first. Aqua next then conceigre. Elite Plus ...There are usually a lot of Elite so we don't get much unless we ae actually waiting

Depending on where your muster station is I would advise at least 20 minutes early in order to get a seat. We've never had the "pleasure" of the photo gallery but have been in Michaels Club and it is a nightmare if you need to sit. Our last cruise our muster was in the Ensemble Lounge and seats were gone 10-15 minutes prior. The main dining room is not as bad.

On Infinity last year we had the photo gallery.....no seats, no space...rude dictatorial security person in charge...threatened to confiscate cell phones..but no one had one! I pulled a chair out of Michaels..she was not happy about that!

This year on Infinity we had Michaels..went early so we had seats,..but it got so very crowded with folks being seated on tables by staff.,.very close but better than photo gallery and much nicer staff...

Depends on arrival time,.. suites and Zenith have sep waiting area, they board first. Then AQ and E plus, Conciege, E,,,,,,groups vary , no idea why.

Wheelchair boarding also get some priority..

We usually get to the port about 10:30 AM in Florida. We pick the shortest line of Concierge, Elite, Aqua depending on what reservation we have. Sometimes the regular lines are shorter, but in our experience that's only happened once. Concierge class is supposed to have the concierge available at the embarkation lines although I've never needed their service. Since you have a physical challenge, I suggest that you call ahead and let them know your needs and you'd like to know where the concierge will be and your needs. We are generally on board within a half hour or less. The only exception we've ever had was the Constellation in Dec. 2016 in Ft. Lauderdale. There was a tornado in Ft. Lauderdale that morning that blew deck chairs from the pool deck onto the roof of Port Everglades, and delayed disembarkation of the ship as well as blew out computers and xray machines in the terminal. Needless to say, that was pretty chaotic! Even then, we were on the ship on under an hour.

You might be thinking of a different cruise line - the Concierge on Celebrity is only available to suite passengers, as far as I know. Concierge Class is a completely Concierge-free zone. In 20 cruises with Celebrity, several in Concierge Class, I’ve only ever met one Concierge, and that was only because we had friends in a suite!

You might be thinking of a different cruise line - the Concierge on Celebrity is only available to suite passengers, as far as I know. Concierge Class is a completely Concierge-free zone. In 20 cruises with Celebrity, several in Concierge Class, I’ve only ever met one Concierge, and that was only because we had friends in a suite!

The Michael's Club Concierge is only available to Suites and Zeniths. "Concierge Class" is a cabin category and people in Concierge Class have access to a Concierge. Actually, anyone might use the Concierge who needs special help. On M Class ships they are located on Deck 3 next to Guest Relations. On S Class ship they are usually located in the same area as Captain's Club Host/Hostess in the Library.

There are separate lines at check in. Once you've selected the shortest line and are in, if the ship is not ready to accept passengers you will be directed to a waiting area. Suites and Zenith are boarded first. Then Aqua and concierge along with loyalty levels Elite Plus, Elite, and Select. Someone will come to the waiting area and direct you. We most often check in, then board the ship without the waiting area. The only time we encountered that step was the boarding on Connie last year that was delayed because of a tornado in Ft. Lauderdale that morning that cause late disembarkation and power outages.

In regards to the previous post about the Concierge not being available to anyone but suite passengers, they are confusing the Michaels Club Concierge with the one available to Concierge Class. We have used their services quite often on many ships.