Royal acknowledges too hard mattresses?

BillOh

This there just goes to show you that it's impossible to please everyone. Most people are happy about getting softer beds and then there are 2 people with bad backs that wanted and liked the super hard beds. It's just the way things go.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yes, it’s impossible to please everyone, but that’s not what this shows. This is them not trying to please anyone and using the fact that done people like it as an excuse. There’s no real reason they couldn’t offer people a choice.

Just ordered a

Klymit Static V Lightweight Sleeping Pad for my October Oasis of the Seas cruise.I have been miserable on most of my past cruises-even after they try to make the bed softer by adding mattress pads/duvets/etc.Will let you know how it works,Plan to try it on my bed at home first.

Yes, it’s impossible to please everyone, but that’s not what this shows. This is them not trying to please anyone and using the fact that done people like it as an excuse. There’s no real reason they couldn’t offer people a choice.

Offer a choice? Like choosing Inside or OV? Beds together or apart? Hard or soft?

Personally, we liked the new mattresses.

Just ordered a

Klymit Static V Lightweight Sleeping Pad for my October Oasis of the Seas cruise.I have been miserable on most of my past cruises-even after they try to make the bed softer by adding mattress pads/duvets/etc.Will let you know how it works,Plan to try it on my bed at home first.

I looked at those today, too, but opted to get a queen size 2-inch memory foam egg-crate from Amazon. $38, free shipping.

We will experiment with packing it, but I'm thinking we can re-compress it into a suitcase and that will be it's "home" in between cruises.

On every cruise, I'm so tired from having fun that I could sleep on plywood. I've never had trouble sleeping on a cruise ship, no matter how "hard" the mattress seems.

Our GS on Liberty OTS in 2015 had a mattress that felt like we were sleeping on plywood. It was horrible. That's the only time I remember not being comfortable on a cruise.

I booked RCI solely because their mattresses feel like concrete .If they have a softer mattress I shall no longer cruise with them.

I have spinal stenosis and every disc in my back and neck are herniated.i can only sleep comfortably on concrete.

You should be good to go.

I was on Anthem two years ago with the concrete mattresses. They were awful. I complained onboard and also on the survey and they did give me a generous FCC for it.

Two recent trips on refurbished AD and while the beds were firm, they were not like concrete. I slept ok although it still could have been a little softer imo.

After reading all of this conversation, I have also decided to order the Klymit sleeping pad and will take it on our cruise on Majesty the end of October. I always email a request for extra padding due to my total hip replacement and it makes the bed bearable but I'm thinking the added padding will make it perfect for me!;) At least, I hope so!:rolleyes:

I may have been the one to start the use of these pads! I posted about this a year or two ago. I was so terribly uncomfortable on one of my cruises, it was either find a solution or stop cruising with RCCL. In desperation, I ordered one on Amazon (I think in 2015 or 2016.) It has made my cruise sleeping experience so much better. I have been on at least 3 cruises with my Klymit. My husband loves a hard bed and begged me to get him a Klymit too! Now we both cruise with these.

They easily pack into a carry-on and are re-usable. There is no need to buy a foam pad for every cruise that only gets disposed of. They are very easy to inflate and very comfortable. I started with the standard size/thickness, then moved up to the Luxe version. It is much more comfortable IMO. I have attached photos of the regular (green) and the Luxe (grey) packed so all who are interested can see just how compact they pack up. When you put two side-by-side, they fit Royal’s beds perfectly. They even have the curve on the end. I put them under the mattress pad. I don’t need to adjust or inflate them all week. The Luxe is $74 and the regular is $54 on Amazon as of today.

Luxe: https://www.amazon.com/Klymit-Static-Luxe-Sleeping-Pad/dp/B00J972O8Q/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1535854372&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=klymit+static+v+luxe&psc=1

Regular: https://www.amazon.com/Klymit-Static-Lightweight-Sleeping-Green/dp/B007RFG0NM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1535854444&sr=8-4&keywords=klymit+static+v+luxe2548c6f3dd27ad61fd17977e3c6dc292.jpgadec97eb36ae0835e9e7ddce7fd55dcc.jpg6a38f14a7dc94b4ed53c0699813ae2e8.jpg

I Order the luxe on Friday got it today tried it on the floor looking forward to our Upcoming Liberty Cruise, it feels great. I let everyone know once I return

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 years later...

Here it is 2023 I an on a 1 year old ship and in the worst bed I have ever slept on. The pillows àre worst! Also after paying several thousands for this vacation after a very tragic year we will be in worse shepe when we leave than when we leave. I messaged aheaD for padding and that was IGNORED. BED HARD PILLOWS HARD =getting sleep is  Hell! Royal will loose this royal. It iwll take me days to get over the terrible or no sleep in this aweful set up. Sleepless on Odyssey OTS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2018 at 10:39 AM, karansue said:

Just ordered a

I have one similar that I've used on several cruises.  Be sure to put it under the mattress pad.  It eliminates any noise factor from moving around on it, and keeps it in place.