Oasis Class Ships

1 hour ago, abbflex said:

Will the Oasis of the seas have slides after the amped drydock refurbish Upgrade in 2019 ? 

I would assume that she will have some slides added, that’s the one thing that seems to be getting added to every ship being “amped”

Edited by Ourusualbeach

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would assume that she will have some slides added, that’s the one thing that seems to be getting added to every ship being “amped”

I wish the slides would be directed into the sea instead of someplace on deck.

• Haha 4

On 11/19/2018 at 9:19 PM, dswallow said:

I wish the slides would be directed into the sea instead of someplace on deck.

You left me laughing for 10 minutes. My thoughts indubitably. My only reservation with sailing on these Oasis Class ships is the Disney World aspect with all of the kid stuff. However, I can see by some of the replies that much of the fair is geared towards adults. The ships are probably large enough that the adults can go about their business without ever encountering the Kid's stuff up front and personal.  

1 hour ago, Floridastorm said:

You left me laughing for 10 minutes. My thoughts indubitably. My only reservation with sailing on these Oasis Class ships is the Disney World aspect with all of the kid stuff. However, I can see by some of the replies that much of the fair is geared towards adults. The ships are probably large enough that the adults can go about their business without ever encountering the Kid's stuff up front and personal.  

Which is one of the reasons we prefer Oasis or Allure; sure hope they do not add the purple monster to them!😣 The solarium pool area is adults only. We also like that the Diamond lounge is in a great location on Deck 11 with a wonderful view; just hoping it doesn't get relocated to the dungeon on Deck 4, in order to add the Wonderland specialty restaurant! That said, we did enjoy eating at Wonderland on the Harmony.😋 I am looking forward to my upcoming cruises on Oasis in February! CHEERS!😎

I don't know what the space is, but I just wanted to mention that if you are sailing in the summer, Central Park is very hot and humid and there is not a lot of air movement as it is enclosed at both ends.

We have sailed on Allure several times, and it's our favorite ships, but even when we go to Giovanni's or Chops in the evening, it is uncomfortable walking in Central Park.  We did stay in a Boardwalk balcony and it was considerably cooler as there was an ocean breeze, but it is not anywhere near as aesthetically pleasing.

16 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

Considering A Central Park View cabin on Deck 9. It's Cabin 9617. The deck plan shows this cabin as an end cabin with a large space next to it which has no cabins. Does anyone have a clue to what that open space is all about? 

Part of that area is a crew stairwell.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, katiel53 said:

I don't know what the space is, but I just wanted to mention that if you are sailing in the summer, Central Park is very hot and humid and there is not a lot of air movement as it is enclosed at both ends.

We have sailed on Allure several times, and it's our favorite ships, but even when we go to Giovanni's or Chops in the evening, it is uncomfortable walking in Central Park.  We did stay in a Boardwalk balcony and it was considerably cooler as there was an ocean breeze, but it is not anywhere near as aesthetically pleasing.

I've read that the Boardwalk and Promenade cabins are noisier due to the activities in those areas some of which goes on pretty late. Apparently the Central Park area is fairly quiet especially at night. I'm somewhat averse to noise while trying to sleep. My preference is an Oceanview but they fill up pretty fast and decent locations are not always available.

On 11/17/2018 at 1:18 PM, Lionesss said:

Having sailed the Oasis once and the Allure 4 times with 2 Allure sailings next year I can tell you we love this class of ship.

So much to do so little time.

Go for it on any of these ships, do not know about Harmony, never sailed .

Safe travels.

Agreed!

On 11/17/2018 at 5:01 PM, Floridastorm said:

Any port in Florida works for us. Actually, to tell the truth, I'm not all that ecstatic about the itinerary for the Oasis class ships. I guess for a lot of folks it's about the ship itself irregardless of the ports.

We returned from Allure two weeks ago and have sailed on Oasis - for us the Oasis class ships are the destination, so the itinerary isn't all that important.  The 1/2 day in San Juan is worthless, but I do enjoy Labadee.

On 11/18/2018 at 10:37 AM, CactusRoot said:

. . . . We love the Central Park where they have soft string concerts and piped in night sounds like being in a park.

The Boardwalk is a favorite as well with the Carousel. With the Mall inside you won't know you are on a ship. . . . 

Piped in "atmosphere" and insulation from the sea are not positives for us, sounds like more "Disneyfication" if anything 😞

Still, to each his own, we're fortunate to have the choices 🙂

Edited by pspercy

7 hours ago, monkeyinhat said:

Sorry to but in.   Booked Oasis for way off.    Can adults ride carousel 

is there’s zip line charge?

Unsure about the making reservations for shows.   Part of the cruise appeal when we started was the no hassle of reservations.

Sure, adults can rid the carousel. Plenty of us have had the have our picture taken while on it.:classic_biggrin:

No charge for the zip line.

I, too, initially was unsure about the reservations for shows. How do I know what I'm going to feel like doing on any particular night weeks before I even set foot on the ship? However, there is so much to do on these ships that some pre-cruise planning actually helps to ensure that you will get everything in that you want. Having a reservation does not commit you to going and if you want to go to a show that you have no reservation for you can always go standby. You might not have quite as good a choice of seats when you get in but usually you will get in. The comedy club, however, is rather small and I would not count on getting in standby.

On 11/21/2018 at 10:42 AM, SilkySal said:

Which is one of the reasons we prefer Oasis or Allure; sure hope they do not add the purple monster to them!😣 The solarium pool area is adults only. We also like that the Diamond lounge is in a great location on Deck 11 with a wonderful view; just hoping it doesn't get relocated to the dungeon on Deck 4, in order to add the Wonderland specialty restaurant! That said, we did enjoy eating at Wonderland on the Harmony.😋 I am looking forward to my upcoming cruises on Oasis in February! CHEERS!😎

I don't think Wonderland has been a big hit from what I have read...so I would assume no worries about putting that in place of the DL like on Harmony.  However, if they decided to put something else in there....no guarantees with RCI.

RCI:  Really Consistently Inconsistent.  

6 minutes ago, abbflex said:

Is it outdoor seating for Windjammer on Oasis class? 

No outdoor Windjammer seating on Oasis class.

However, there is outdoor seating in the venue on the pool deck.  Wipeout Cafe on Oasis/Allure.  Other names on Harmony and Symphony.