Laundry for Elite and Extra Bag

charlielinda

We are going on TA and then gone for two more weeks.  I know we get one bag for being Elite.  Is there a specific number of items or can you fill the bag?   I’m sure we’ll have another bag ... does anyone know the cost.  Thanks so much.  

The directions on the Captain's Club letter says bag full or up to 30 items. It's pretty hard to fill the currently provided paper bag with 30 items without tearing the bag. We stuff socks into the corners of the bag, then roll up our shorts and t-shirts to fit what we can. Sorry, I don't know how much a bag would cost without the CC benefit.  

43 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

We are going on TA and then gone for two more weeks.  I know we get one bag for being Elite.  Is there a specific number of items or can you fill the bag?   I’m sure we’ll have another bag ... does anyone know the cost.  Thanks so much.  

You will actually get 1 bag each so total for a stateroom is generally 2 bags total.   As stated above it is for 30 items.    Extra bags have recently been listed at $49.00

16 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You will actually get 1 bag each so total for a stateroom is generally 2 bags total.   As stated above it is for 30 items.    Extra bags have recently been listed at $49.00

16 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Accurate posting.  Bags are typically $49 unless there is a special.  We have seen specials on selected cruises but varies.  You may want to bring some shipping tape to reinforce the paper bag.... 

Just now, keesar said:

Accurate posting.  Bags are typically $49 unless there is a special.  We have seen specials on selected cruises but varies.  You may want to bring some shipping tape to reinforce the paper bag.... 

One of the nice things about the suites is they have cloth bags and can easily hold 30+ items.   I've read on a couple thread that some people have brought plastic garbage bags and put them inside the paper bags to help get them to hold up to forcing everything into the paper bags.

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

One of the nice things about the suites is they have cloth bags and can easily hold 30+ items.   I've read on a couple thread that some people have brought plastic garbage bags and put them inside the paper bags to help get them to hold up to forcing everything into the paper bags.

We would bring packing tape to seal the top as well as wrap around the paper bag so we could fill the bag all the way to the top without it falling out or ripping. However, since getting hooked on sky suites, we can leave the tape home now as the cloth bags in the suites are large and quite strong.

Elite members, you don’t have to try to stuff all 30 pieces into one bag. For the last three cruises, whether we have been inside, balcony or suite, our steward just told us to fold the clothes into one or two bags and label them, bag 1 of 2 and 2 of two, and put down elite loyalty laundry on each. Then we do a separate bag for cleaning and a separate bag for a pressed item. 

We use my name on the first bag, ( usually about 20 items) and later in the cruise, we use my DHs name on the second, which usually amounts to maybe a dozen items. We do 10-14 day European cruises so this comes in handy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Laundry special on Summit in January was $49.

Don't put dry cleaning in the same bag. I learned the hard way.

Our steward told us to just place the items on top of a flat bag with the ticket on top and he would take care of it. And, he did.

Be sure to check your bag asap upon the return. We had about 1/2 dozen of another passengers laundry. Our steward quickly traced the laundry and retrieved my DH's missing items.

And, don't forget all bagged laundry, whether paid or elite, must be sent out no later than 3 days before disembarkation.

10 hours ago, 39august said:

Doesn't each Elite get 1 free dry clean and 2 free pressings? Booked on a few b2bs of 10 and 11 nights.so will probably need these as well as laundry bags. 

Yes Elite also gets 1 free dry cleaning and 2 free pressings per passenger plus the 1 bag of laundry.   On the celebrity site it also state that you get an additional bag of laundry at a discounted price on cruises of 12 days or more.

As people have already said the cost of another bag, should you need it as Elite means one bag each - is $49. However we cruised in March and there is no number restriction ie previously 30 you just need to be able to fill the bag.

Hope this helps.

We  had cloth bags in AQ on Edge..easier than the paper but we did fine  with those as well. Fold and roll.

We use 1 bag for  white socks and undies..pr of socks = 1 item 

We use the other bag for darks, but we never send out anything we cannot afford  to have shrink..or be lost. We have been lucky so far!  Laundry Dept on X is very impressive

Lots of wash and wear fabrics  do okay washed in the sink and drip dry on hangers in the shower.

I agree you should be fine...

On 4/11/2019 at 7:59 AM, gold1953 said:

Not always 30 items for Elite. On Our last TA the limit was 20 items. 

I believe the lower limit applies to TA cruises with water use restrictions.  It's in the fine print of the Captain's Club perk list.

Did we miss our free bags of laundry while on a 14 night Holland America cruise?

NO!!  (and I am very frugal)

$7 a day per cabin gets you unlimited laundry.

And there's more! 

It is returned (beautifully pressed) either hanging on a hanger

or neatly folded in a straw basket wrapped in tissue with a gold seal.

Celebrity, I would gladly give up our Elite benefit for this service!