Merged Topics - Server Errors

At least I know what it "is" now:

The MySQL™ software delivers a very fast, multithreaded, multi-user, and robust SQL (Structured Query Language) database server. MySQL Server is intended for mission-critical, heavy-load production systems as well as for embedding into mass-deployed software. Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. MySQL is a trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates, and shall not be used by Customer without Oracle's express written authorization. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

39 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

The MySQL™ software delivers a very fast, multithreaded, multi-user, and robust SQL (Structured Query Language) database server. MySQL Server is intended for mission-critical, heavy-load production systems as well as for embedding into mass-deployed software. Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. MySQL is a trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates, and shall not be used by Customer without Oracle's express written authorization. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

Thanks...obviously MySQL is unable to handle CC & the previous system had fewer issues than the new system.

On 1/14/2019 at 9:15 AM, CC Help Jenn said:

Let me know if anyone is still getting the error - I was told it was an issue during maintenance yesterday and that it shouldn't be an issue any longer.  However I just wanted to double check that everyone is able to access their forums today 🙂

Happy Monday

I have repeatedly gotten the error message today, January 21 when trying to access the “main” boards for the cruise lines. I’m still able to access less busy boards such as Ports of Call. They are slow but do eventually load.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cindy said:

I have repeatedly gotten the error message today, January 21 when trying to access the “main” boards for the cruise lines. I’m still able to access less busy boards such as Ports of Call. They are slow but do eventually load.

yup, getting alot of error 500 today also.

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 
MySQL server has gone away
You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

seems like the database server is overloaded with requests and cant handle the traffic

Edited by fstuff1

Ooops, Norwegian board came back late night & was fine earlier this morning, UTC time & then, boom - 500 error, again.  NCL's Roll Call forum is working, however. 

Roll Calls are still working, not a total meltdown but pretty annoying.  Heads shaking & eyes rolling, someone isn't delivering the promised performance benchmark ... IMHO.  

This SQL cloud-based database - partial server shutdown and going offline, getting to be rather frustrating, aggravating ... whether this is a scheduled maintenance or unscheduled one, it should not - common sense logics - be done in the middle of the day when end user traffic to the sites are expected.  

What else can we say ... 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, pcur said:

I am starting to research other cruise message boards, since CC is so unreliable now. 

Would love to know how to do this......I'm getting very tired of all the problems with CC....having more of them last night and today 1/20 & 1/21......Why can't CC fix this since it's affecting many of it's users !!!!!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grburkart said:

At the very least, CC could put out a statement asking for patience or otherwise. 

Glenn

Since implementing the new system one time they had a green banner at the top of forums to notify us about an upcoming scheduled outage for maintenance.

By reading Jenn’s earlier post it appears the recent unavailability of forums is an unanticipated failure & not any scheduled maintenance outage.  Not many have located this thread which unfortunately doesn’t provide much information from CC about it’s status.

Guess these continuing issues shouldn’t be a complete surprise after the couple of days outage to implement the new system dragged on for nearly a week.  I’m not an IT expert but based on these recurring outages whoever they got to make the changes still hasn’t been able to provide a reliable system nearly 4 months after implementation.

2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Robust.  Really?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pcur said:
1 hour ago, pcur said:

I am starting to research other cruise message boards, since CC is so unreliable now. 

Peggy, can you please share what other boards you use, since CC is temporarily DOA? Thanks.

• Like 1

Is anyone else experiencing very slow loading on this thread?

That’s happening to me & wondering if this thread will also slowdown to crash.  When that happens I eventually get a message when the page fails to load that I am not connected to the internet.  That is not true because it’s not happening on any other websites but only on CC.

Edited by Astro Flyer