Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

4 hours ago, MADflyer said:

Jewel of the Seas is definitely on the move. She has been booked for the winter season 21-22 into Grand Cayman port in what now appears to be a Tampa replacement for Brilliance.  There are not indicators that this would be Galveston deployment. 

This would indicate that another ship would have to move from Europe to Dubai for the Middle East cruise season. 

Very curious which ship may be taking the Jewel's place? We are considering the Suez Cruise from Rome to Dubai in 2021 so hopefully they do it again. Would also prefer a Radiance Class ship or larger.

4 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Or Dubai has no ship for this season.  

Dubai was listed on opening schedule. I am also not aware of the nature of the various agreements made with the regional governments for cruise development in the region. I am not sure whether or not RCI has made some multi-year commitments. 

Royal Caribbean has made recent statements as to how Dubai is an important 'fly cruise ' market especially with their Asian clientele. 

cruisearabia.com  sure paints a positive picture of cruise development in the region with their 'cruise news' feed. 

43 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

cruisearabia.com  sure paints a positive picture of cruise development in the region with their 'cruise news' feed.

No amount of marketing can overcome the news of ships being attacked by Iranians in the area.

21 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

No amount of marketing can overcome the news of ships being attacked by Iranians in the area.

Have many cruise ships been attacked in the area? I have heard about some of the escalations between the US military in the Iranians but have not really followed if there have been many other attacks.

32 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

None, but I presume the news of ship attacks was the main reason P&O cancelled their season there and has an impact on revenue for RCI.

Similar to the problems they are having filling ships turning around in Hong Kong. It doesn't matter if passengers haven't been directly impacted, passengers don't want the risk.  In the case  of HK, mainlanders largely do not wish to travel to HK and mainlanders are the biggest part of the market that cruises out of HK.   There is a safety issue and demand from passengers.  

17 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Any idea which ship will do the snowbird migration?

2019 Adventure 

2020 Vision 

2021  ?

Vision seems to be in Med until October, difficult to say.

Brilliance seems to do the Boston route, Enchantment the Baltimore route, so either Adventure, since she's already based in Cape Liberty, or another ship which is already based at the East Coast. Maybe Explorer, if she stays in US waters in 2021?  

Edited by shipfriend_max

The opening schedule has been updated again, with Europe now being split into two phases: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/19069859_Deployment_Opening_Schedule_20212022.pdf

I'm thinking Odyssey Phase 1 to keep up with recent media buzz, and the remaining will come out in Phase 2.

3 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

Vision seems to be in Med until October, difficult to say.

Brilliance seems to do the Boston route, Enchantment the Baltimore route, so either Adventure, since she's already based in Cape Liberty, or another ship which is already based at the East Coast. Maybe Explorer, if she stays in US waters in 2021?  

No confirmation of Adventure in Cape Liberty yet. Imo, she stays in Galveston doing the 4/5N cruises. 

1 minute ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

The opening schedule has been updated again, with Europe now being split into two phases: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/19069859_Deployment_Opening_Schedule_20212022.pdf

I'm thinking Odyssey Phase 1 to keep up with recent media buzz, and the remaining will come out in Phase 2.

Seriously A MONTH LATER???

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

31 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

No confirmation of Adventure in Cape Liberty yet. Imo, she stays in Galveston doing the 4/5N cruises. 

Than I am not sure which one might be the candidate fr Cape Liberty, if Liberty and Adventure will stay in Galveston.

Ships that are still free are Explorer, Independence (if not coming back to Europe), sadly not Anthem, since she seems to come back to Europe in 2021. 

1 hour ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Wow! Thanks for the update!!!!

Oh man, I have been waiting a year to book Greek Isles. I really hope Odyssey is Phase 1. I've got my preferred cabin picked out & my credit card ready to go, and based on dates Odyssey will be in Athens, a pretty darn good idea of the sailing date. 😓

11 hours ago, Jax129 said:

Oh man, I have been waiting a year to book Greek Isles. I really hope Odyssey is Phase 1. I've got my preferred cabin picked out & my credit card ready to go, and based on dates Odyssey will be in Athens, a pretty darn good idea of the sailing date. 😓

Where are you seeing when Odyssey will be in Athens?

15 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Ugh! I was really hoping I’d be able to see the whole Europe picture before deciding on a sailing.