Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

On 11/14/2019 at 8:50 AM, scottraveller said:

Just noticed the itineraries for 2021 have been released. Two things ; first they have not deployed any larger ships other than Anthem out of Southampton and Harmony out of Barcelona  ; second their prices are astronomical. Looking at Southampton cruises for a grand suite they’re asking £15000 for an 11 night cruise and that’s with a buy one get 60% off second person. I usually cruise a couple of times a year with RCI but not at those prices. It’s clear to me that they’re trying it on. 

Southampton prices are appalling. 2020 2 week med in August on anthem in a grand suite is £7.8k the same cruise in 2021 is over £17k!!!

very sad to say after 27 years of cruising royal and being totally loyal and getting to diamond plus, I have just booked my first p&o cruise for 2021 as it’s £9k cheaper then royal..

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ukmdav1 said:

Southampton prices are appalling. 2020 2 week med in August on anthem in a grand suite is £7.8k the same cruise in 2021 is over £17k!!!

very sad to say after 27 years of cruising royal and being totally loyal and getting to diamond plus, I have just booked my first p&o cruise for 2021 as it’s £9k cheaper then royal..

Suite prices in general are totally out of hand. We wanted a GS and it was over $10k for 1 week in early May! Then we were looking at a JS but even that price was almost double a regular balcony...so we're booked in a large balcony room and hoping RCI comes to their senses with those suite prices 😞 

1 minute ago, noitsnotatuba said:

Considering that's what it cost when it first came out, yeah, it's RCI setting them. Suite prices do not look like that in 2020.

If not enough people bite at those price levels, then the price will go down.  If the prices are staying the same or going up, then people are buying.  Very simple.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sunny AZ Girl said:

Royal used to publish a similar graph by ship on their website. It was a great planning tool. I miss it. Thanks to whoever did this! 

That was my thought too. I liked when they used to have this style of graph on their website. Shame they decided to do away with it.

In America people buy it and wait for price adjustments. In Europe people would be crazy to buy it without the option of price adjustments. As always prizes for most European cruises will go down significantly during the next months as this is the usual game. Why are so many in a hurry to book something for summer 2021? 

50 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

To get the cabin they want.

Exactly...I booked a B2B (for just two of us) in Jan 2019 for Freedom (southern caribbean) and got a "great" price on my Ocean View Panoramic Suite #1804 for April 2021...Excited to try this new category, the cabin size it provides and the perks that now come with it.

Sorry if its already been posted ...

The Harmony of the Seas TA is up on the UK site ... 12 nights departing PC on 04/11/21 ... one stop in Malaga only ... arrives Barcelona on 16/04/21.

Not sure if its fully loaded yet as lots of stateroom types are missing (boardwalk balcony for example) and prices do not seem right ... lead balcony prices shows as £793pp but when you click to book it rockets to £1334.00pp

Seems like another boring TA itinerary.

Edited by royzer76