Laundry Question

charlielinda

Each Elite member gets a free 20 or 30 item bag of laundry (Fewer items on itinerary with water restrictions,) washed and folded, not ironed.  Sometimes some items are returned on hangers. 

No extra free bag based on length of cruise.  There may be a “fill the bag” special part way during the cruise, but that doesn’t happen on every cruise.   

My wife and I were just on the Summit, our first X cruise at the "Elite" level.  (I hate that word.)  It was a 14-night cruise, and, per the Captain's Club flyer left in our cabin, we were each entitled  to "one complimentary laundry bag of 30 items (wash, dry, fold)," as well as "$20 for one extra bag of laundry on sailings 12 nights or longer."   The flyer also noted that "wash/dry/fold" was not "valid on final 3 days of cruise."

As noted above, the washed items are returned folded in a laundry bag.

• Like 1

The laundry slip shows 3 choices:  Wash, Press, Dry Clean.  Can anyone explain how to get something such as a pair of khaki pants both washed and pressed?   We sent out a bag to be washed and expected that items would be returned either neatly folded (underwear) or pressed and on hangars - this is what we've been used to on Princess (even had knit PJ's pressed and on hangars).  Instead they were rolled up and stuffed back in the bag and unwearable.    We asked our cabin steward but he didn't seem to understand what we were talking about.   

We recently returned from our September Summit cruise. This time when we used the elite laundry perk were given cloth laundry bags to put our wash, dry and fold laundry in.  Much nicer than the paper/plastic bags we were given on past cruises. Our elite perks letter advised us to write "locality"on the laundry form.  

Edited by davekathy

We just got off of the Millennium from Vancouver - Japan and it was 15nts. We are Select but on the cruise turned Elite. We did the Laundry bag (cloth now) and I shoved 46 articles of clothing rolled up in the bag, marked Loyalty, and received two bags back washed and folded. I waited for the $20 (Select rate) to appear on my account but no charge showed up. That was a bonus...

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 9:20 AM, steve ch said:

It's quite a hot wash, so take care putting delicate items in.

This for sure. I made the mistake of sending a couple of really nice dark colored Tees and they came back a little faded in spots.

47 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

as one who made an egregious typo today, let me correct that from "locality" to "loyalty" 🙂

Thank you. I need to read my own posts before hitting send. 😳

Edited by davekathy

On 10/3/2019 at 7:08 AM, charlielinda said:

If you are on a 13 day cruise as Elite do you get an extra bag because of duration.  

When we take two 7 day cruises back-to-back, we receive all the Captain's Club perks again for the second week (including a second set of laundry coupons).

But if we take a 14 day cruise, we only receive one set of perks, the same as for a 7 day cruise!

32 minutes ago, fleckle said:

When we take two 7 day cruises back-to-back, we receive all the Captain's Club perks again for the second week (including a second set of laundry coupons).

But if we take a 14 day cruise, we only receive one set of perks, the same as for a 7 day cruise!

Yes this is the way it is

2 hours ago, fleckle said:

Two different cruises versus one cruise. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The price for each item is listed on the ticket that goes with your bag.  Each Elite person in your cabin gets one bag of laundry free, so if two people are in the cabin and both are Elite, then both get a bag free.  You have to write "Loyalty" on your ticket.

Also, as someone else mentioned, I would not send anything that is really good.  They use very hot water and colors do fade.  They do not press with the free laundry, so it comes back folded in your bag, but not always wrinkle free. 

Edited by Terre

1 hour ago, lizinindy said:

I'm intrigued that you "turned Elite" on your 15 day cruise from Vancouver to Japan. I had always been told the points don't get added until after the cruise is over.

Points don't get added until after the sailing is completed.  I've never heard of them wavering on this policy.  I suspect not getting charged for the laundry as select was just a mistake.

• 3 months later...
On 10/16/2019 at 11:48 AM, Terre said:

The price for each item is listed on the ticket that goes with your bag.  Each Elite person in your cabin gets one bag of laundry free, so if two people are in the cabin and both are Elite, then both get a bag free.  You have to write "Loyalty" on your ticket.

Also, as someone else mentioned, I would not send anything that is really good.  They use very hot water and colors do fade.  They do not press with the free laundry, so it comes back folded in your bag, but not always wrinkle free. 

i never use hot water at home and maybe thats why my shirts last longer. for a typical polo type shirt do i have to worry about this hot water? curious about real experiences on board

35 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i never use hot water at home and maybe thats why my shirts last longer. for a typical polo type shirt do i have to worry about this hot water? curious about real experiences on board

Yes... they use VERY HOT water and cotton Polo's are subject to shrinkage.

Our dry cleaning and pressed items have always come back nicely.  Laundered items may come back neatly folded or more recently, folded so sloppily the items were unwearable.   When possible I wash items (Woolite packets) in our cabin, roll in a pool towel to extract as much moisture as possible, and hang to dry.  They look better that way than sending to the laundry!