Question about crew interaction...

ncl757

Hey Everyone,

In port today, having lunch at the Garden Cafe and one of the chefs approached me and asked how my vacation was and the food etc.  At the end of our conversation he asked for my room number and name.  Does NCL require the crew to make a certain number of guest contacts, and  asking for that information was a way to prove that he spoke with a guest? Just curious why else he would want/need that information.

Thanks!

I think everyone's right ... it's probably to send you something for your time.

I don't think there's any enhanced risk to this. The crew who are allowed access to your cabin are limited, and the chef would have to get one of them to allow him access. Having a name and cabin number probably isn't sufficient for someone unauthorized to gain access to your cabin.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cheer Mom D said:

Every cruise I have been on with NCL I have had this happen and I never receive any treats 😞  I started to think the same way that maybe they just need to connect with so many guests.

No treat here after same questions were answered with senior staff,  bummer

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ncl757 said:

Hey Everyone,

In port today, having lunch at the Garden Cafe and one of the chefs approached me and asked how my vacation was and the food etc.  At the end of our conversation he asked for my room number and name.  Does NCL require the crew to make a certain number of guest contacts, and  asking for that information was a way to prove that he spoke with a guest? Just curious why else he would want/need that information.

Thanks!

That happened to us once while we were having dinner, but it was the future cruise consultant who asked us some questions. She asked us our room number and we got some goodies in our room the next day.

We had this happen on the Joy two weeks ago, our friends did bring up some of their complaints nicely, I mentioned the lack of reservations for the Comedy Club. Since our friends were doing most of he talking, they (2 personnel) asked for their room #.  Next day they got a call, all 6 in our party got reservations for the Comedy Show that night.  this happened while dining in Savor or Taste MDR, started asking about our meal and then asked about our cruise in general.

9 hours ago, cmh said:

That happened to us once while we were having dinner, but it was the future cruise consultant who asked us some questions. She asked us our room number and we got some goodies in our room the next day.

So now they are hitting people up at dinner?

On 1/19/2020 at 6:35 PM, Gershep said:

Usually a treat. Come back and let us know if we are right.

Three days later now. No treat.  Didn’t really expect anything, was more so just curious if NCL required employees above a certain capacity to make and keep record of guest interactions.

On 1/20/2020 at 7:30 AM, dexddd said:

So now they are hitting people up at dinner?

We are happy to have crew contact, even at dinner.  On our Escape cruise, the Maître d' and Head Chef stopped by our table for comments and after a brief discussion, the Maître d' provided a complementary bottle of wine to go with our dinner.  Come on down!

• Like 1

Some of you are more treat happy than my dog 😉

I think this happens fairly often.  On Getaway 2 NCL survey takers interrupted our dinner to ask us several questions about the Getaway.  What did we like....what did we not like, etc.  We had a fairly long conversation where they filled out paperwork.  In the end they asked for our room number.   Part of me thought the same thing.....will they send something?
LOL no, we never got anything 😮

• Like 1

Even if they don't send you anything one of the best things NCL does is having their people out greeting people and asking the passengers what they can do for them. We have received things sent to our cabin  on many NCL cruises but the interaction is even more special.  They do such a great thing about attending the M&G and handing out their cards and getting to know the passengers. We have been fortunate to cruise a lot and from our experiences no other cruise line comes close to NCL for having their staff out meeting the people.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 5:04 PM, ncl757 said:

Hey Everyone,

Thanks!

Bottle of wine soon to ya room.
Very cheap wine.

Pour into the sink.

We did write to the HD about service in the Blue Lagoon on Jade. 

Next day we were having dinner in Le Bistro when he came up to us to discuss the problem (between courses). He asked what he could do to 'make it right'. Those two large post-prandial cognacs went down very nicely.