Get rid of the buffets already!...

klfhngr

Should buffets go away?  

371 members have voted

1. 1. Should buffets go away?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

200 shares bought at 9 and a half would be $1900, not $190.

The shares are in an IRA so taxes are irrelevant.  

BTW, those shares are showing a $1555 profit as of today.

Those shares are a very small portion of my IRA so the risk is very small.

Whoops - sorry, my maths was way out! No wonder I never wanted to be an accountant! 

5 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Amazing good or amazing bad?

Amazing good but I have never been able to bring myself to try it but then I don't even like the burger in its normal state so maybe I world not be the best test subject😂

3 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Amazing good but I have never been able to bring myself to try it but then I don't even like the burger in its normal state so maybe I world not be the best test subject😂

Actually, I'm rather fond of fish sandwich but not pureed.  

3 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

46 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Actually, I'm rather fond of fish sandwich but not pureed.  

I can be a little slow on the uptake, but  just realized you guys are talking about a McDonald's fish filet sandwich.  A filet of fish shake.  I think I'll pass on trying that too.  😃

20 hours ago, Roz said:

Grew up in "the Burgh", graduated from Indiana U. of PA.  Mom was from Clearfied Co. up near I-80.  

Familiar with all those areas, especially Clearfield.  You'nz have a great day 😉 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ldubs said:

I can be a little slow on the uptake, but  just realized you guys are talking about a McDonald's fish filet sandwich.  A filet of fish shake.  I think I'll pass on trying that too.  😃

It's hard to explain just how gross pureed foods can be.  

20 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

If you are talking turnips or various types of bait fish, I agree with you.   But a good, thick, puréed soup is hard to put down.

I agree, very difficult to drink down. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

If you are talking turnips or various types of bait fish, I agree with you.   But a good, thick, puréed soup is hard to put down.

As long as we're THIS OT, here are the two soups I've made:

https://www.finecooking.com/recipe/classic-tomato-soup

https://www.marthastewart.com/1543332/creamy-broccoli-and-spinach-soup

11 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

You must have never had a good puree😕. Done well they can be absolute flavour bombs🤤

My second batch of the leek, broccoli, spinach one had stock that I had made the day before that was gelatinous after fridging it.

3 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Agreed.  I survived on strained soup when I was on the pureed diet for a week after my weight loss surgery.   

I just had a crazy thought :).  I wonder how many out there in CC land remember the old Horn and Hardart Automat's.  When I was a kid I loved those places (common in Philadelphia and NYC).  It would be an interesting Lido model for a post COVID-19 era.

Hank

27 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I just had a crazy thought :).  I wonder how many out there in CC land remember the old Horn and Hardart Automat's.  When I was a kid I loved those places (common in Philadelphia and NYC).  It would be an interesting Lido model for a post COVID-19 era.

Hank

LOL🙂...Hi Hank, what a thought.......put your money in, open the door and take your food out............

In Japan there are restaurants where you put money in a machine pick the meals you want after which you get a ticket and they call your number and you collect your food. One Okinawa restaurant had a really modern take on this by giving each table a computer tablet where you would choose all your food press order and then it was just delivered to your table. 

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

In Japan there are restaurants where you put money in a machine pick the meals you want after which you get a ticket and they call your number and you collect your food. One Okinawa restaurant had a really modern take on this by giving each table a computer tablet where you would choose all your food press order and then it was just delivered to your table. 

A number of airport restaurants in the US has precisely that sort of tablet.

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

A number of airport restaurants in the US has precisely that sort of tablet.

We actually had that in a specialty restaurant on a TA some years ago.

4 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Lots of fast food restaurants, for example McDonalds, has 'terminals" where you choose and pay for your food. When it's ready you pick it up. We also have a restaurant where the guests use their phone or tablet to order their good.  

9 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

Lots of fast food restaurants, for example McDonalds, has 'terminals" where you choose and pay for your food. When it's ready you pick it up. We also have a restaurant where the guests use their phone or tablet to order their good.  

Same in the US

Please puréed food is normally,  food eaten in pieces turned into something indescribable.

for Babies, some older people and people in hospital......

I have this shocking vision in my brain box of steak, chips and salad all being puréed 

Soup is soup  Yes I enjoy my homemade pea and ham soup...

what next...... people will be talking about fish milk shakes......

This Automat you talk of.... it this a similar idea to early Motels with a breakfast hatch... where food was magically delivered by an unknown person to your room  via a cupboard with two doors.............   and the prize is behind which door    LOL

Cheers Don