how much xmas music must we endure during the first two weeks of december on celebrity?

retired dude

This thread is kind of funny and reminds me.......We did a cruise to/from Hawaii and the ship had Hawaiian music all the way across and then back. Half way back, I stood up and yelled, “Someone buy Hawaii a Consonant!!!!!” The language has 13 letters: all 5 vowels and 8 very soft consonants. I was going nuts, and of course I thought I was pretty funny.....my wife pretended she was with someone else!

Den

Interessting how many topics go- this one was about the " disslike of Edge"- now it is about christmas music. Very well- nobody asked me, but I will answer anyway- LOL- I don´t disslike christmass music in gerneral- there just some songs which want me to pull out the music equipment of my car and throw it out of the window!

One of them is " Last Christmas"-  in fact it is on top of the list. LOL

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

Interessting how many topics go- this one was about the " disslike of Edge"- now it is about christmas music. Very well- nobody asked me, but I will answer anyway- LOL- I don´t disslike christmass music in gerneral- there just some songs which want me to pull out the music equipment of my car and throw it out of the window!

One of them is " Last Christmas"-  in fact it is on top of the list. LOL

What is your opinion on Grandma Got Runover By a Reindeer 🙂

My favorite thread is "Pens Became Pencils".  A real hoot.  

And the coronavirus threads have enough replies to qualify for Social Security.

Edited by NMTraveller

NM- Traveller- hilarious- i never heard that song before- when it even exists. LOL! " Pens became Pencils" - yes thats a tragedy never before heard of.

The amount of replies of Corona threads are understandable though- people are concerned- some get hysterical. Did you follow some comments that were made...! Sometimes i have just to close my eyes and sent a silent prayer...!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Denny01 said:

This thread is kind of funny and reminds me.......We did a cruise to/from Hawaii and the ship had Hawaiian music all the way across and then back. Half way back, I stood up and yelled, “Someone buy Hawaii a Consonant!!!!!” The language has 13 letters: all 5 vowels and 8 very soft consonants. I was going nuts, and of course I thought I was pretty funny.....my wife pretended she was with someone else!

Den

Every body loves the Hukilau

Huki Huki Huki Huki, Hukilau!  

I actually have no idea why that just popped into my head when I read your post, but it is true!  And, by the way, thanks.  The song will probably be going through my head the entire night.   Hahah

one other issue people need to think about is others will be wearing christmas garb and wishing you merry christmas etc. some of the outfits i saw on christmas week were very full and decorated so its hard to avoid and i really recommend not going as there are outbursts of christmas joy with regularity.  i think they even had special christmas shows. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

one other issue people need to think about is others will be wearing christmas garb and wishing you merry christmas etc. some of the outfits i saw on christmas week were very full and decorated so its hard to avoid and i really recommend not going as there are outbursts of christmas joy with regularity.  i think they even had special christmas shows. 

OMG!  On the phone with TA canceling my cruise now.  😞

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

OP asked about the first 2 weeks in December not during a cruise that included the actual Christmas holiday.

On 2/16/2020 at 11:48 PM, NMTraveller said:

I think that the people that don't remember the Christmas music were accustomed to it.  In retrospect I don't think that it was any more than on land...  During Christmas there were definitely Christmas celebrations.

There was much less Christmas music on board (only soft background music occasionally) during the period OP asked about. 

On 2/16/2020 at 7:35 PM, Diamond lover said:

If I hated Christmas music, I probably wouldn’t take a chance on sailing in December.  Better safe than sorry.

OP  never said that they hated Christmas music.  They said Christmas music wasn't their "cup of tea.."

Edited by Luvcrusn

8 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

OP  never said that they hated Christmas music.  They said Christmas music wasn't their "cup of tea.."

They also got offended that someone else offered their own opinion, which is readily understood throughout CC as an invitation to a free for all.

Frankly, we love Christmas music all year round! 

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

They also got offended that someone else offered their own opinion, which is readily understood throughout CC as an invitation to a free for all.

Frankly, we love Christmas music all year round! 

We'll have to agree to disagree. OP never suggested that anyone shouldn't enjoy Christmas music, nor did he suggest that it was bad, but just asked how much would he encounter during the first 2 weeks of December. He said it wasn't his "cup of tea." I don't remember him anywhere in the thread saying others were wrong to enjoy it. I also don't remember him asking if others did enjoy it. He only asked how much there would be as an informational question to guide his decision about booking during that time period. He also didn't ask about the amount of Christmas music during a cruise that included the Christmas holiday, but rather December 1-14. You are certainly as entitled to enjoy Christmas music all year round as he is to not enjoy it at all.

@Luvcrusn You took my comment too seriously. I was referring to his post complaining about people making comments outside the original question. I was simply referring to how any time someone does that on CC, it unleashes a flood of similar extracurricular comments. So I joined in, too. 

Anyone initiating a thread has to accept that comments may ebb and flow in various directions.

Edited by mayleeman

On 2/16/2020 at 6:07 PM, zitsky said:

I could play Christmas music all day.  Does anyone else enjoy it?

Heck, I could play Christmas music every freakin' day.  But my musical tastes tend to be a bit unique as well.  When it comes to Christmas music, I'm more likely to be listening to Straight No Chaser or The Tractors or The Fab Four or Blake Shelton, than "traditional" music.

And to be honest, I always listen to Straight No Chaser's "Christmas Cheers" album any day of the week over just about anything else, except the Beatles.  (But that's for another thread.....  :classic_tongue:)

On 2/16/2020 at 6:31 PM, retired dude said:

dont remember  asking if you like xmas music, i asked if they played it in the lounges that have live music throughout the evenings...i guess that folks just have to voice their opinions no matter what the ?.. thanks again to those that stuck to the ? posed.

.......?

On 2/18/2020 at 9:51 AM, Luvcrusn said:

The word "endure" is in the title, which sounds a little stronger than "cup of tea."