Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

19 hours ago, possum52 said:

The provisional cruise ship schedule for Station Pier is not showing any of the Caledonian Sky cruises. It's not showing any cruises for the remainder this year and just six from January to March.

Just did a bit of "surfing" and it appears that the two Melbourne departures scheduled for November have been replaced with Qld cruises.  She is up there cruising at the moment.

I think that the Xmas and New Year cruises now listed replace these.  They are still showing as available to book.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gbenjo said:

I guess this all came about because Australia is currently minus any cruise ships. 

Actually, I spoke to Greg Hunt.

He says cruise restrictions are to do with fractions. x/c, y/c, and z/c, are allowed in Europe.

Why? They’re all over c’s.

Just got a email from Gavin Smith of Royal Caribbean sydney.
I emailed his boss in Miami and he replied.

He said they are in final discussion with Governments around Australia and will be bringing a ship to Australia early mid 2022.

He said they are considering a number of ships.

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Just got a email from Gavin Smith of Royal Caribbean sydney.
I emailed his boss in Miami and he replied.

He said they are in final discussion with Governments around Australia and will be bringing a ship to Australia early mid 2022.

He said they are considering a number of ships.

Well that sounds promising. A side benefit of the past year & a half is that maybe RC will extend the length of the  cruise season here going forward, at least until the pent-up demand subsides.

It seems likely that the Fed Govt will not extend the ban from 17Dec & a steady re-start can occur. I suggest that the cruiselines & the Health & Border Control departments would have learned a lot from Mar/Apr 2020 which will be for the better going forward.

You may recall I have a credit in my pocket from our cancelled RC cruise in Mar 2020 🙂 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I wonder if this is in response to how well Australian's bookings on the world cruise are, that they willing to  test the winter market here?

21 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Remember that China has an extended ban on cruise ships, so there are several shops that need to be deployed elsewhere.

I also have an extended ban on cruising to any Chinese port in the future.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, mr walker said:

Well that sounds promising. A side benefit of the past year & a half is that maybe RC will extend the length of the  cruise season here going forward, at least until the pent-up demand subsides.

It seems likely that the Fed Govt will not extend the ban from 17Dec & a steady re-start can occur. I suggest that the cruiselines & the Health & Border Control departments would have learned a lot from Mar/Apr 2020 which will be for the better going forward.

You may recall I have a credit in my pocket from our cancelled RC cruise in Mar 2020 🙂 

I believe you have to use your credit by February mr walker 

12 hours ago, woodscruise said:

I wonder if this is in response to how well Australian's bookings on the world cruise are, that they willing to  test the winter market here?

Australia is a important market. There’s been a lot of talk over the years of climate refugee tourism. People from the Europe and USA escaping the heat.
‘The mild Australian winter is better than 3 months of 45 degrees in Texas.

A small ship like Rhapsody in cairns and a large ship in Brisbane over winter is only a matter of time.
So what ship Michael?

Im thinking Radiance but people on another forum are saying Spectrum in Sydney from April-May.

There’s also Brilliance ,Rhapsody and vision.
Someone said Navigator is a possibility as it’s not selling well ???

10 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Remember that China has an extended ban on cruise ships, so there are several shops that need to be deployed elsewhere.

There 3 ships sailing to nowhere from Hong Kong.

Theres a Viking and Genting ships be operational for 4 months and a RC ship has just started.