Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

1 minute ago, Aussieflyer said:

Well a bit of action in SA though Coral Expeditions has been running some cruises before this but a first for SA in current conditions:

The SA Tourism Commission says it's feeling positive about the future of the cruise industry as passengers prepare to journey through SA today. 

The first expedition vessel of the cruise season has arrived in Adelaide and will take on more than 80 passengers.

I just went to post this and saw yours. Good news for SA.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ollyoeno said:

Silversea have a few itineraries calling through Australia in March, most of which call at international ports such as Fiji, Bali, Signapore.

I iam not sure where you are seeing this as the only ship listed to be anywhere near us is Silver Muse (still showing AU only in Feb and then Japan in late March)..

The world cruises in 2023 and 2024 are taking in some of those ports though.

Edited by Aussieflyer

When cruising restarts it looks like we will not be going to certain hotspots in the region.

PNG, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands and Samoa will be struggling with covid for years due to low vaccination levels.

Island cruises should be possible to New Caledonia and Fiji sometime next year, but I can't see stopovers in Vila or Mystery Island any time soon.

17 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Island cruises should be possible to New Caledonia and Fiji sometime next year, but I can't see stopovers in Vila or Mystery Island any time soon.

Both are presently shut to internationals debarking. Oceania are still (trying to) sell LA > Bali, but several of the ports are not open.

Saw a post on book of faces just now of a press gathering at White (Elephant) Bay for this afternoon. The poster (a TA) was hoping it would be an announcement about resumption of cruising & was calling for people to pray 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

No such thing as a halal cruise, unless you mean all the food on the cruise is prepared using halal methods.

I don’t know if they ever happened,I think a couple did but I was introduced to go on one .

They where from sydney to Morton Island.

A couple of things put me off mostly P&O and no booze.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

That has more to do with being Muslim rather than being halal.

Halal is what is permissible to Muslims so I'm not sure how you separate the two🤔. I remember reading about a halal hotel that had pools separated for men and women. Doesn't sound like the worst idea for a cruise ship😂

On 11/21/2021 at 10:10 AM, Aussieflyer said:

I iam not sure where you are seeing this as the only ship listed to be anywhere near us is Silver Muse (still showing AU only in Feb and then Japan in late March)..

The world cruises in 2023 and 2024 are taking in some of those ports though.

No world cruises pending to Aust nor NZ. For those who enjoy reading world cruise blogs, Round the World Writer will be writing re his next world cruise on Viking. Interesting just to read how difficult it has been for Viking to organise this world cruise.

9 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

No world cruises pending to Aust nor NZ. For those who enjoy reading world cruise blogs, Round the World Writer will be writing re his next world cruise on Viking. Interesting just to read how difficult it has been for Viking to organise this world cruise.

Australia and New Zealand are the largest pull in the Pacific with Japan. With it fast approaching December I don't think we'll have any breakthrough policy announcements and I suspect these cruises will be cancelled, or an alternate itinerary will be scheduled and announced whilst cruising.

If Viking pull it off, I will be incredibly happy for the guests. We need one line to demonstrate it is possible to do a RTW for confidence building purposes.

Australia and New Zealand are the largest pull in the Pacific with Japan. With it fast approaching December I don't think we'll have any breakthrough policy announcements and I suspect these cruises will be cancelled, or an alternate itinerary will be scheduled and announced whilst cruising.

If Viking pull it off, I will be incredibly happy for the guests. We need one line to demonstrate it is possible to do a RTW for confidence building purposes.

I don’t know about a world cruises for a while.

Threres talk of a 4th wave running around the world and it’s expected to affect us around February .

It will be a rush to get boosters and I can see Scott saying boosters are not a rush.This is not a race.

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know about a world cruises for a while.

Threres talk of a 4th wave running around the world and it’s expected to affect us around February .

It will be a rush to get boosters and I can see Scott saying boosters are not a rush.This is not a race.

You have to wait 6 months for a booster so there won't be much of a rush.

Edited by Russell21

6 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

It will be a rush to get boosters and I can see Scott saying boosters are not a rush. This is not a race.

12 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

You have to wait 6 months for a booster so there won't be much of a rush.

You don't have to wait 6 months for a booster in some jurisdictions and in such jurisdictions where there are clinically vulnerable persons.

I saw the whole comment.

The 'no cruise' policy has been going on for long enough - it's stupid and a direct result of this governments policy. That is a fact. There are other countries who are presently cruising with a less vaccinated populace, and their ships are clean.

We've got friends who have now been on their 5th cruise. Its time for the Health Minister and State Premiers to get on with their jobs. It's also time for the cruise industry to pay those lobbying accounts a few million dollars.

Just being honest.

Edited by ollyoeno

19 minutes ago, ollyoeno said:

You don't have to wait 6 months for a booster in some jurisdictions and in such jurisdictions where there are clinically vulnerable persons.

I saw the whole comment.

The 'no cruise' policy has been going on for long enough - it's stupid and a direct result of this governments policy. That is a fact. There are other countries who are presently cruising with a less vaccinated populace, and their ships are clean.

We've got friends who have now been on their 5th cruise. Its time for the Health Minister and State Premiers to get on with their jobs. It's also time for the cruise industry to pay those lobbying accounts a few million dollars.

Just being honest.

We may get some ships here but I don’t think world cruises and reposition will be happening for a while.

1 hour ago, dillpickle48 said:

I am due for a booster in late December.  My doctor has recommended that I hold off till late January or February to get better coverage over winter.

Meanwhile your immunity is waning month by month. Personally, I've gone for 'get what you can, as soon as you can'. Everything to do with covid changes almost weekly - I'm assuming there'll be regular boosters in future so I'd take it asap (in fact I have) and assume there'll be another booster around the corner.

In fact, your doctor's comment pretty much assumes that the immunity given to you by the booster will itself wane pretty quickly (no-one knows this, yet). I know NSW seems to be made of teflon when it comes to covid cases, but there will be a summer spike after all the Christmas and New Year getting together. Just my thoughts, anyway.

1 hour ago, dillpickle48 said:

I am due for a booster in late December.  My doctor has recommended that I hold off till late January or February to get better coverage over winter.

I’m surprised by this comment, I don't believe there is any evidence to suggest that strategy, but rather like LittleFish said the assumption would be further boosters will be around the corner.

I would actually love to see some comparison of numbers over the next 6 months of cases in people that have had the booster in comparison to those with 2 shots. I’m sure it will come in the next few months.

Meanwhile our numbers are increasing in the paediatric population now kids have gone to school, probably a week or two later than we expected, but our numbers have close to doubled in the last 2 weeks..and with Christmas and the state opening up on December 15th, I think my job (paediatric COVID coordinator) is secure for a little while longer 

• Like 1

I saw the whole comment.

Just being honest.

Agree totally on both the booster and 'no cruise' policy.  I can't understand why those concerned are refusing to give the return of cruising any thought whatsoever.  They can't hang on to the tragic case of the Ruby Princess any longer.  Yes, they stuffed up badly and should all have been sacked but things are very different now.  They just don't have the guts to get on with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1