P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Brian, welcome back. If you had not been incommunicado you would know that I am not allowed to mention that person. Great news about the vaccine. First of many to come. Jab it on.🤣

Cheers mate,don't worry, I'll stand up and be counted-as his 2nd fan.People are blinkered,they don't realise he is the catalyst for the economic revival of Southampton,P&O and Carnival Corp.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, pete14 said:

We have had a smart meter for many years and it gives us a cheaper online tariff and we can check usage of electricity and gas at any time in real time or on the utility companies website. No need to read meters or have someone coming to read them. No problems - a brilliant innovation.

The main benefit is not having to read the meters but I never found that a problem to be honest

Has I said you may have problems if you wish to change your supplier.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

The main benefit is not having to read the meters but I never found that a problem to be honest

If you have a SMET1 meter that is the one that turns back into a "normal" meter 

if you change suppliers .The newer Smet 2 's are capable of swapping companies without problems .

Having said that I will not be having one  until forced to do so. I check my usage online and am more than happy with my costs & usage .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3

Just heard that our niece is quite poorly and has tested positive for COVID-19. She is a primary school teacher in Essex and apparently her school has quite a large outbreak. She is in her 30s and very fit and active, but nevertheless we are concerned for her. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SeaJane said:

Just heard that our niece is quite poorly and has tested positive for COVID-19. She is a primary school teacher in Essex and apparently her school has quite a large outbreak. She is in her 30s and very fit and active, but nevertheless we are concerned for her. 

We wish her well  and hope she recovers soon.

As for the rest of your family ,take care and stay safe .:classic_smile:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, kalos said:

We wish her well  and hope she recovers soon.

As for the rest of your family ,take care and stay safe .:classic_smile:

Thank you Kalos. She has a husband and 3 year old child - both well at the moment. We have not seen them since February and fortunately her mother did not meet up with her as planned last weekend.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SeaJane said:

That is awful news for her and you SeaJane.

Fortunately she is very fit and young.

Hopefully she doesn't need to go into hospital so her family can see and look after her at home like what happened with me.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

We changed supplier 3 years ago without an issue - just a different smart meter device at no cost

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Cheers mate,don't worry, I'll stand up and be counted-as his 2nd fan.People are blinkered,they don't realise he is the catalyst for the economic revival of Southampton,P&O and Carnival Corp.

I wonder how folk we feel if the find out that Bjork will be musical director on the Icelandic itineraries?.🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Hasn't he jumped ship to help out Argos?

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We ignore the electric company who keep asking to put a smart meter in.

Heard a few iffy stories and your earlier post confirmed the meters are not that smart unless you are the electric company.

I would drive myself bonkers if I had a smart meter.  I'd be in and out of the pantry a dozen times a day checking it. We're fully electric, no gas in the house at all, and have solid fuel central heating. Even the chappie that occasionally reads the meter says he wouldn't have one installed. 

Avril

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pete14 said:

Just a small question to while away the time in tier 3:

How many of the beautiful quail scotch eggs sold in the Glasshouse would constitute a substantial meal, on their own with nothing else?

Any advance on 8?

I quite like the didi meals in the glass house, my favourite has to be the sliders, not quite bite size burgers, but after all 3 I do feel quite full.

39 minutes ago, pete14 said:

We changed supplier 3 years ago without an issue - just a different smart meter device at no cost

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware that they would do that.

Hopefully your meter will now be compatible should you change supplier again.

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Don't have a smart meter fitted until it becomes compulsory which I believe it will eventually 

The main benefit is to the companies, anyone with common sense should know which appliances use the most power in the house.

The other thing is you may have problems if you wish to change your energy supplier, the early meters may not be compatible.

Unfortunately I had one fitted when I signed up for a special tariff that included one, if I had done proper research I would not have done so.

We have a SMET1 meter and it did not prevent us switching  but it is now just a dumb meter. The indoor gadget still provides the leccy meter reading but since the gas reading needs to be

In cu/ft or meters then the kWh reading is a bit worthless.

Our new supplier says that sometime in the future our meter will be able to communicate with the new centralised hub, but if a world class track and trace is still not working despite all the money thrown at it, then the malnourished central power hub probably has no chance.

48 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I wonder how folk we feel if the find out that Bjork will be musical director on the Icelandic itineraries?.🤣

I've heard ABBA are going to do the Scandinavian itineraries.. 

Benny and Bjorn are not available, so their 2 friends, Steve and Dave are stepping in... 

Wonder what they will call themselves.. 😊

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I've heard ABBA are going to do the Scandinavian itineraries.. 

Benny and Bjorn are not available, so their 2 friends, Steve and Dave are stepping in... 

Wonder what they will call themselves.. 😊

Andy 

Of course ASDA are now owned by ISSA so you have a choice.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We have a SMET1 meter and it did not prevent us switching  but it is now just a dumb meter. The indoor gadget still provides the leccy meter reading but since the gas reading needs to be

In cu/ft or meters then the kWh reading is a bit worthless.

Our new supplier says that sometime in the future our meter will be able to communicate with the new centralised hub, but if a world class track and trace is still not working despite all the money thrown at it, then the malnourished central power hub probably has no chance.

That's what I thought the situation would be if I changed, did not think they will fit another meter.

Although it seems that some suppliers will.

Edited by Bloodaxe

25 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

It’s been a good day so far

Dry, warm enough (it’s December after all) and life is sort of returning to a sort of normality.

People are smiling behind their masks

Here’s our day, in pictures

2B15CFEA-81BB-41BD-9459-061EC1D39792.jpeg

5891799B-DB4F-46CC-99FE-04007EBD1BC7.jpeg

A7007D7C-C400-45A0-BD58-6171045848A3.jpeg

Cheers Eddie.

Looks like paradise.

Graham.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

That's what I thought the situation would be if I changed, did not think they will fit another meter.

Our situation might be a bit different because our supplier does not at present offer a Smart meter, I think they must think it's cheaper to keep paying the fines, rather than have the hassle of setting up something which the centralised hub will make redundant.

19 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

How did it go Graham, quite well I assume since you are still fit enough to post?

Thanks John.

It was good to get a little exercise.

Next time we will go to the town beach that Kalos knows as the promenade is flat and on the same level as the main road so we can have a much longer walk.

Graham.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SeaJane said:

Awful news for you Jane. You're bound to be concerned for her, but take heart, she has youth and health on her side. I hope she has a speedy recovery. Take care.

Avril

• Like 4

I am sorry to hear this, it is an awful time for all of your family.  I hope that she recovers quickly with no lasting affects.

• Like 4

I hope she gets over it quickly, thankfully at her age it is highly likely that she will.

Teachers have been thrown to the wolves IMO. Other front line staff have PPE or physical barriers like Perspex etc. Teachers have to face potential COVID from 30 or more households every day in classes which are sometimes too small to distance. Governments keep saying children don’t get it but they do carry it and pass it on to adults.

• Like 8