P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 minutes ago, ann141 said:

It is - 3 here but wind chill makes it feel lower.We went for a walk to the lake nearby and most of it is still frozen with the ducks sheltering at one end It was nice to get some fresh air (and better on the walk home as the wind was behind us)but still glad to get back home!

To top it all it’s now started snowing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Just been outside to top up bird feeders as over last 2 days they have eaten though the seeds in 2 feeders, half the peanuts and the fat balls are shrinking in size. 

It is that cold outside I found 3 brass monkeys sheltering in the garage at a balmy 0.8C

The outdoor thermometer shows -3C the app on phone shows wind chill of -12C abandoned all thoughts of going for a walk around lake. 🥶🥶🥶🥶

I have just been out doing the same, I also throw Apple's and Pears out for the ground  feeders like Blackbirds and Fieldfares, we have been inundated with them today.

We get the cheapest fruit on sale at Tesco but it still costs us a small fortune, it's well worth it for the pleasure off watching them.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have never skied.

Pauline went to Italy on a ski holiday with her school when she was 14 years old.

Hopefully Ingham's 2023 has exactly what you want.

Never used them before but thanks for the recommendation I will check their holidays out.

Graham.

We do cross country skiing but aren't that good to be honest. Love the tranquillity of Lapland - the husky safaris, reindeer, snow mobiles, beautiful walks. Ah bliss.

Re Inghams - would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

I have just been out doing the same, I also throw Apple's and Pears out for the ground  feeders like Blackbirds and Fieldfares, we have been inundated with them today.

We get the cheapest fruit on sale at Tesco but it still costs us a small fortune, it's well worth it for the pleasure off watching them.

I have just been speaking on the phone to my sister who has been putting pears out for the birds and she has seen lots  of birds today

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I have just been speaking on the phone to my sister who has been putting pears out for the birds and she has seen lots  of birds today

Not so much them feeding today but when we took the ice out and refilled the bird baths were inundated with all sorts of birds drinking and bathing.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We do cross country skiing but aren't that good to be honest. Love the tranquillity of Lapland - the husky safaris, reindeer, snow mobiles, beautiful walks. Ah bliss.

Unfortunately where we go in Austria Inghams dropped from their ski brochure many years ago and now Crystal dropped the village as well so we just book a flight and then book direct with hotel.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Not so much them feeding today but when we took the ice out and refilled the bird baths were inundated with all sorts of birds drinking and bathing.

Hopefully you put warm water and some bath bubbles in the bath.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kalos said:

To all our Cruise Critic Ladies ,Have a nice day :classic_love::classic_smile:

FB_IMG_1613251557905.jpg.3289a5a4196c13ccc2b30254d0a2e677.jpg

Thanks Kalos.
Being a Sunday I have the perfect excuse for not receiving a Valentine’s card - but I did get one (and I didn’t send it to myself either!).

6915CC07-7982-4AF1-9356-61F8048A59CC.jpeg

Edited by Angel57
Spelling
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone -1.c but -9.c chill today around here .
Just checking my share and chocolate flowers and wine seem to be 
performing very well, glad I sold my pub shares though .
Here we are 14th FEB , half way through this month in lockdown. 
 I've always received a Valentine's card from the same secret admirer. 
So, I was pretty upset when I didn't get one this year. First my granny dies, now this?
The wife was dropping hints last night ,She told me that Three of the girls in the office 
she used to work in " have just received some flowers for Valentines Day. They are absolutely gorgeous!" I replied "That's probably why they've received flowers then."
I said ok if I were to get you some flowers which sort would you like ?  "Any type "
was her curt answer . I thought fair enough so I got her a couple of cauliflowers .
should go down a treat with todays Sunday dinner .
With all this staying in we cannot even go out  for romantic meal and I've been
told to avoid fast food , so I'm ordering snails instead .
Right you lot just remember tomorrow is half price chocolate day , so don't miss it .
Whatever you do today stay safe & be happy !:classic_smile:

1142094703_SAFEATHOME.thumb.jpg.d84a94bfb6e05f64725dbfa8af4fd94f.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

Yes.  I got my wish for the cold snap to end but, in exchange, it is piddling down now - the sort of constant heavy rain which makes going out a no-no, even in waterproofs.  None of us would get any pleasure from it.  Looks like it might be a staying-in day, which is quite rare for us

Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding (still enjoying the Xmas beef!) and Waitrose apricot frangipane tart and crèche frâiche will provide a pleasant interlude sometime in the day.  The cricket, sadly, is not very pleasant for England supporters, though it’s perfectly watchable and I’m taking some of their sunshine, second hand.

Hope everyone has a good day.  Positive thought for the day - we’re halfway through February, so we’re rolling downhill to March and all the pleasures that might bring, as the vaccine programme continues

• Like 5

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Still wet and very windy down here but it is warmer, a balmy 10oC, except the wind chill making it feel 6. Still not going out in it though! For all of you that that have snow, ice and minus temps. stay safe and keep warm.

I envy you your Cornish climate!  And I still miss Cornwall, more than 50 years after leaving. Lived in Truro, school in Falmouth, cycling to the coast in the summer, best place ever to grow up!

Don’t miss all that rain though!

• Like 2

Thank you for all of those lovely Valentine's wishes and jokes - made us both laugh.

To share a romantic moment from our honeymoon ---- if you excuse me saying it like that.

Imagine the scene -- romantic Sorrento in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. The sun was always shining and me ------ I came out in prickly heat rash 😞 

On our last day Mr Presto looked at me lovingly and whispered ---- "Your hair is like gold, your eyes are like diamonds ... and your skin is just like sandpaper."

Surprised we've lasted this long really as he still has a scar under his right eye

😉

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

-2°C this morning and very cold.

No more snow but still lots of snow on the ground.

We are giving church a miss this morning and staying warm in the house.

We were going for a walk yesterday and today. Forget that - it is really windy and am guessing the wind chill is like yesterday. (About minus 9). Looks like a lazy day in the warm.

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

Thank you for all of those lovely Valentine's wishes and jokes - made us both laugh.

To share a romantic moment from our honeymoon ---- if you excuse me saying it like that.

Imagine the scene -- romantic Sorrento in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. The sun was always shining and me ------ I came out in prickly heat rash 😞 

On our last day Mr Presto looked at me lovingly and whispered ---- "Your hair is like gold, your eyes are like diamonds ... and your skin is just like sandpaper."

Surprised we've lasted this long really as he still has a scar under his right eye

😉

He could also have said.. 

Your teeth are like stars... They come out at night...🌟😁 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Why not try the other end of Italy.Snow not as reliable as the Alps but you could ski in the morning and go on the beach in the afternoon.40 miles up from us.Photo not great I took it on the screen with my phone,can't get screenshots on my computer anymore.20210214_082555.thumb.jpg.9f5f256a1ce3e9f641e05f489a71336e.jpg

• Like 3

Hello all, just catching up so I hope @Adawn47friend is feeling better, so sad she caught Covid in hospital,it does seem to happen a lot.

John and I don’t give Valentines cards any more but John is in the kitchen getting our M&S meal cooked! Prawn cocktail, beef bourguignon and churros with chocolate sauce washed down with wine!

• Like 4