What do we think of June?

21 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I would be pleasantly surprised if cruise ships are sailing again by August.  Obviously a lot can change in the next few months, but as of right now I don’t see any cruise line returning to operations within the next 3-4 months. 

At least 3-4.  6+ won't surprise me.  Whenever they do start up, probably half full.  And likely not all ports will accept them.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 1

The British government is still in the 'asking the public' to do the right thing phase

This won't work of course, so eventually we will have a total lockdown

From then it will be 12 weeks minimum

I would guess end of July the earliest imaginable time for a cruise for British people - I would guess it will be later for US folk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, compman9 said:

The British government is still in the 'asking the public' to do the right thing phase

This won't work of course, so eventually we will have a total lockdown

From then it will be 12 weeks minimum

I would guess end of July the earliest imaginable time for a cruise for British people - I would guess it will be later for US folk

Oh no, my friend and I are going to the UK with London, Bath, Cotswolds and Windsor car trip for two weeks in June.  She is celebrating her 70th birthday, she will be devastated and so will I😔.

1 hour ago, Waycoolrob said:

I about 98% sure April 18th Symphony cruise will be cancelled, I am looking at June 6th for same Ship. So too soon? Do you all think I should push back a little further?

Open to all suggestions

WCR

My son graduates from college on June 6th. We have plans on flying to Florida.  I don't see that happening either.

• Like 1

A precedent never seen before has been set a few weeks ago with a "few" diagnosed cases relatively speaking to the entire population. You will have more cases as testing increases. The precedent would dictate that you have almost zero chance of cruising in June, and probably later.  The ripple effect will be like nothing anyone has seen before, maybe if you lived through the depression? I know people already losing their business because of this, and of course their employees. All you can do is sit back and wait, and stay safe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Waycoolrob said:

I about 98% sure April 18th Symphony cruise will be cancelled, I am looking at June 6th for same Ship. So too soon? Do you all think I should push back a little further?

Open to all suggestions

WCR

I wouldnt book anything in this completely uncertain economic climate. No one here knows any better than you do. I never saw this coming 2 weeks ago. So to guess when things will be better is foolish. Hang onto your money. You may need it.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

My son graduates from college on June 6th. We have plans on flying to Florida.  I don't see that happening either.

I'm supposed to head up your way in June (NY- Westchester) in June for my mom's 90th- does not look good

Edited by molly361

Open to all suggestions

WCR

Maybe June 6 of 2021.

• Like 4

Open to all suggestions

WCR

Wow I too am wondering as I am on the week after you.

I mean so much has accelerated in just 10 days when President closed Europe travel.

Already lost my cruisr to Italy in May.

I am even wondering about my cruise to Norway in June from Amsterdam as well as to Iceland in August. Oh well right.

Hoping 3 of my fall cruises to Alaska and Mexico and in Nov to N Zealand will be ok.

If not, then all 9 of my cruises out the door.

Might be left with just a trip to see the Mouse place. 

Was suppose to be a banner year for me turning 65.  Oh well. With folks dying or losing their jobs,  I will hunker down and look at photos of past vacations and say my prayers.

• Like 2

I was feeling a bit more optimistic a few days ago and booked 4 nights on the Mariner on June 15.  I calculated that a 30-day extension plus another 30-day extension would end around June 9.  I don’t mind having a relatively small amount of money held as a FCC, and I figured that Coco Cay isn’t going to turn the ship away.  If Nassau does, two days at Coco Cay would suit us just fine.  It is important to us to have something to look forward to, and we both felt better after booking.  Now, though, just a few days later, I am not as optimistic.  Not to the point of canceling, though, we are keeping this booking.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I was feeling a bit more optimistic a few days ago and booked 4 nights on the Mariner on June 15.  I calculated that a 30-day extension plus another 30-day extension would end around June 9.  I don’t mind having a relatively small amount of money held as a FCC, and I figured that Coco Cay isn’t going to turn the ship away.  If Nassau does, two days at Coco Cay would suit us just fine.  It is important to us to have something to look forward to, and we both felt better after booking.  Now, though, just a few days later, I am not as optimistic.  Not to the point of canceling, though, we are keeping this booking.

If Nassau is turning ships away then Coco Cay might be also, since they are both part of the country of the Bahamas.

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

If Nassau is turning ships away then Coco Cay might be also, since they are both part of the country of the Bahamas.

Hoping that Royal has control of Coco Cay.  And we think we stand a better chance of actual going there than to some of the other islands.

• Like 2

I am booked for a May 17 cruise out of Galveston on the Liberty. I think this will be too soon for the virus to be gone and we will need to cancel. I am looking at a November 14 cruise on the Odyssey. We planned to fly on Southwest and they allow 6 months for the next flight, so I would need to cancel before May 17 and book a flight before November 17. I guess we can book the November flight and then cancel if the virus is still prevalent.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KansasK said:

I am booked for a May 17 cruise out of Galveston on the Liberty. I think this will be too soon for the virus to be gone and we will need to cancel. I am looking at a November 14 cruise on the Odyssey. We planned to fly on Southwest and they allow 6 months for the next flight, so I would need to cancel before May 17 and book a flight before November 17. I guess we can book the November flight and then cancel if the virus is still prevalent.  

we are on this trip also but don’t plan on cancelling until the feds or royal cancels it.   I rather a straight refund than 125% fcc.  

• Like 2