Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

It is 38 this morning.  Turned the heat on last night.  Supposed to be 60s+ for the next couple of days so it will stay on until it gets back to the 70s on Friday.  

It was 37 when I got up this morning, heat was on to take choll off the house but wasn't on long.  Fireplace us still on though.

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Woke up to 29f with frost on my car.   Thankful for auto start to defrost.

Getting ready for work.   Wish me luck, expect it will be a busy day.  

Take it easy today and don't overdo.  Glad to hear you feel well enough to go back into the office. 

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We are 34 here in Canada. 😳

I expect those numbers in Canada, not here in the southeast in October.  Not why I moved south although we have had some nice beach days in December and January so guess we can deal with a say or 2 of cold.

To those with snow please keep it, we don't want any!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Since we may be traveling to Erie today, I thought I would check the traffic cameras.

6C0AB94E-B3A7-4900-A255-C8CD4E399CB2.thumb.png.c422c902c29a99d92d1200d0956064a4.png

Looks like most of the area got a decent coating of snow, but traffic seems to be moving ok. 

I am not ready for this.  

🥶

• Like 1

We woke up to a nice cool temp of 55 this morning. No matter how cold it gets in our house I don't think we have ever turned on the heat. I can't breathe with it so we just add blankets and layers of clothes. Even when visiting our daughter in Chicago and vacationing in the Alps in the winter a window stays open and no heat is turned on, except in the bathroom. Cold toilet seats aren't nice. My grandmother always said that you needed fresh air regardless of the temp. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Which one was so bad? Was it always this bad or just now? I like Chinese buffets but I need to find a better one.

Great Wall in Frisco on Preston across from Stonebriar Mall. Was much better at our last visit pre-covid.

We found a great hole in the wall Chinese takeout in Carrollton in the Tom Thumb shopping center on Hebron and Josey.   Wonton soup so flavorful, doesn't taste like over salted hot water.

Don't you love our current weather?  Mid 60s bright sunshine, next few days mid 70s and 80s.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Great Wall in Frisco on Preston across from Stonebriar Mall. Was much better at our last visit pre-covid.

I have passed that place many times and wondered if it was good. Sorry to hear that it wasn't this time.

We found a great hole in the wall Chinese takeout in Carrollton in the Tom Thumb shopping center on Hebron and Josey.   Wonton soup so flavorful, doesn't taste like over salted hot water.

YES! China One! We have ordered takeout there several times and it's always good. The only drawback is that you can't really eat there, you have to take it home. But it's great Chinese food, and right around the corner from us.

Don't you love our current weather?  Mid 60s bright sunshine, next few days mid 70s and 80s.

Loving it!!!

• Like 4

I want to thank @Sea Dog for the great photos he has been posting on his review.  

Greg, I also need to thank-you for forcing my hand in ordering two new iPhone 14 Pro Max today.  Can’t wait for them to arrive in a couple weeks. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 10

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Almost saw a No-Hitter tonight in San Diego.

Phillies take Game 1 

2-0  on 2 homeruns, one by Harper and one Schwarber

7 innings for Wheeler, gave up  only the one hit

and a Playoff game under 3 hours, nice paced game.

Aaron Nola on the mound tomorrow for the Phillies

Nola the pitcher vs.Nola the catcher.

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'm pretty sure there are no restrictions on topics here so music chat to your hearts content. ♥️ 

I know you are a happy Yankee fan today.I have something interesting to tell you .The son of one of my wife’s friends went to college and became good friends with a guy who was a MLB pitcher for several teams,briefly for the Mets and parts of two seasons for the Yankees.

His name is Allen Watson.It seems that one day Watson was horsing around with his teammates and threw a bagel at one of them.The guy ducked just as George Steinbrenner was coming into the clubhouse and the bagel hit him.He did not see who threw it and asked who did.Watson replied that it was him.Steinbrenner then said “I knew it was you Allen because it did not hurt.”

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

It is 38 this morning.  Turned the heat on last night.  Supposed to be 60s+ for the next couple of days so it will stay on until it gets back to the 70s on Friday.  

It was a bit warmer here this morning when I took Oliver for his morning walk, 43 degrees🥶.  It had to get colder for me to use the heat especially when it was AC weather two days ago. But I will use a small ceramic heater in the bathroom after a shower.  🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

feels amazing here right now! high of 66 today. We opened all the doors and windows yesterday and left the AC off overnight. love it

I agree with you, I love this weather.  I had the window open last night and all open this morning, throughout high is only 60 today.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ownedbypets said:

We woke up to a nice cool temp of 55 this morning. No matter how cold it gets in our house I don't think we have ever turned on the heat. I can't breathe with it so we just add blankets and layers of clothes. Even when visiting our daughter in Chicago and vacationing in the Alps in the winter a window stays open and no heat is turned on, except in the bathroom. Cold toilet seats aren't nice. My grandmother always said that you needed fresh air regardless of the temp. 

I assume you aren't  in Chicago during the winter then, because I don't think leaving the windows open in the winter time in Chicago is possible  and turning off the heat in less you want to freeze some pipes.

My day so far today.  

Took our daughter out to breakfast this morning.  She has a few things on her agenda today, including filling out an application for a new cat.  Grandson is not quite ready for a new one, because the loss of Lucy hit him really hard. 

Susan and I stopped and got our flu shots before making our drive to Erie.  We were going there to take some groceries and lunch to her sister who has Covid.  Just dropped at her door and left, because neither of us need to catch it right now. 

We did our shopping at Wegmans.  I really wish they had one close to us. We use to shop at the ones in Buffalo and Rochester NY, when our son lived there.  I guess when you get this close, you are in Bills country. 

94A390BD-31DB-442A-B472-675278159E6C.thumb.jpeg.91c78771908c03b32f8b0cde170e2e12.jpeg

Driving home now, and seeing some examples of people not remembering how to drive on snow and ice.  Several cars off the road and in the bushes. 

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

My day so far today.  

Took our daughter out to breakfast this morning.  She has a few things on her agenda today, including filling out an application for a new cat.  Grandson is not quite ready for a new one, because the loss of Lucy hit him really hard. 

Susan and I stopped and got our flu shots before making our drive to Erie.  We were going there to take some groceries and lunch to her sister who has Covid.  Just dropped at her door and left, because neither of us need to catch it right now. 

We did our shopping at Wegmans.  I really wish they had one close to us. We use to shop at the ones in Buffalo and Rochester NY, when our son lived there.  I guess when you get this close, you are in Bills country. 

94A390BD-31DB-442A-B472-675278159E6C.thumb.jpeg.91c78771908c03b32f8b0cde170e2e12.jpeg

Driving home now, and seeing some examples of people not remembering how to drive on snow and ice.  Several cars off the road and in the bushes. 

Love Wegmans.  Wish we had one near us.  The section with the Bills gear would be a bonus.  Bills country even extended to Cleveland for a couple of years after the original Browns moved to Baltimore.  The Bills marketed "dog pound" end zone tickets in Cleveland and would get quite a few Browns fans to make the drive through Erie to Orchard Park.  That of course ended when the Browns team was reactivated in Cleveland.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I really hope you are not driving and posting to CC at the same time.😯😉😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 1