Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Looks great.   Nice that they got it done before Christmas too.

Not exactly, still need the bricks on the floor, tile back splash and counter tops, hardware on cabinets. and appliances installed.   Hoping to be done before we go to Disney the 3rd week of January. 🙂

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not exactly, still need the bricks on the floor, tile back splash and counter tops, hardware on cabinets. and appliances installed.   Hoping to be done before we go to Disney the 3rd week of January. 🙂

Now that I zoomed in I can see the tarps.  They sure do keep it cleaned up for not being done.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

This talk of cake!!!!!

Saw this at the bake shop yesterday, when we picked up the cake for our son-in-law’s birthday celebration. 

09EE8C25-89E9-478C-B66F-2FB6D46D9DD7.thumb.jpeg.581a7b8a23b3c4ee584ae6b05140bb38.jpeg

Was there a question?

Happy Birthday wishes for your SIL.

Enjoy your festivities with your family, Mark.  I hope you and Susan have a happy, relaxed day with your family.

🙏For your daughter, always.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

20221217_110227.jpg

Jimbo your house looks great!

Sorry about the earlier fiasco. I did not quite get it since I did not read into anything beyond that.
We all hurt. We all have to work at it and make peace for our own sake.  Enjoy your new space.

• Thanks 1

Today is the last day to snail mail your Christmas cards. Yup missed that deadline. 

But. Here is my wish to all my friends here. 

Merry Christmas 

Happy Hanukkah 

Happy Holidays. 

And to everyone who I may have missed. 

Be safe. 

C688BA99-EEDB-4717-91AE-0652F1120F1F.thumb.jpeg.5c21406856eb631604154a217a297322.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

Went to Jersey Mike's a few minutes ago to get subs for lunch.  This was hanging on the wall.  I thought it was an interesting way to display a picture printed on canvas.  We might "steal" the folding beach chair frame idea.  Posting in case anyone else might want to use the idea.

IMG_0012.thumb.jpg.5067cba9446fec4111fe647896d3831a.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Looks beautiful!

+1 Jim, @Jimbo

45 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh, that face!!!

+1 OB, @Ocean Boy

39 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Birthday wishes for your SIL.

Enjoy your festivities with your family, Mark.  I hope you and Susan have a happy, relaxed day with your family.

🙏For your daughter, always.

+1 Mark, @h20skibum

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Looks like your cats have claimed the bedroom as theirs, unlike Jade who took just the towel. 😁

+1 😁  Karen, @Keksie    OB,@Ocean Boy

• Like 4

Sorry I haven't been around much. Trying to get ready for the last Christmas party I'm hosting. This is number 3 with some of my remaining family members and some of my dearest longtime friends. Unfortunately one couple had to cancel due to Covid, another ended up with last minute conflict, and two dad and son who i've worked with for years are on the road to cover the Chiefs game in Houston. So I went from 12 to now 6 and it's depressing but what can you do? All the food is ordered and I will have to make due. At least one bit a good news. My liquor store owner friend came through on my request to purchase a highly coveted and allocated bourbon Pappy Van Winkle 12 Family reserve. Going to crack it open tonight. Cheers everyone.

1726266884_ScreenShot2022-12-17at11_51_37AM.thumb.png.3f822a9eef0f65276eb0464d04e02b96.png

• Like 21

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Trying to get ready for the last Christmas party I'm hosting.

Clark Griswold to his Dad:  "Our Holidays were always such a mess".  Dad:  "Oh Yeah, I know".   Clark: "How'd you get through it?"   Dad: "I had a lot of help from Jack Daniels"  😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

5 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Clark Griswold to his Dad:  "Our Holidays were always such a mess".  Dad:  "Oh Yeah, I know".   Clark: "How'd you get through it?"   Dad: "I had a lot of help from Jack Daniels"  😁

One of my favorite lines from the movie. I will watch this year as I have every year since the movie came out on Christmas Eve. Such a fun tradition.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

I always loved those National Lampoon Griswold movies.  Oh, that Cousin Eddy! 🤣

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

One of my favorite lines from the movie. I will watch this year as I have every year since the movie came out on Christmas Eve. Such a fun tradition.

That is my favorite holiday movie , we have a large selection of Christmas movies on dvd . Very funny movie.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Jimbo Your new kitchen looks great even if it isn't finished yet.  Love the brick and beams.  Puts a nice homey, rustic vibe to the kitchen.

How do you survive living in a house with so much renovation work going on?

We are lucky we have an unused  fully finished in-law suite in the basement with a full kitchen. If not we would have been outside on the deck with the grill I guess. 😲

It is a lot of work. 

Think that was part of our problem with the amount of time this job has taken. It's all good though because they are doing a great job even if it is taken longer then we have hoped.

Here is the picture of the large wall they took down, also got rid of that pony wall you can just see to the right of that wall near that barrel thing you see on the floor next to the pony wall.

Here are some before pictures of how it was when we bought the house.

2e585b9e80abb7d216ccf96f1141717d-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

51fd9e5fd2024db20b70333936016886-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

561474d5a20b48ae9fca8a23d8546123-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

That was the previous fireplace.......

b795be420548a4827040a83d6453cc9b-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

This is the kitchen downstairs we have been using

d61164ec0bcf9106ae2f73bbcff50a59-uncropped_scaled_within_1344_1008.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We're in our way to CT for our "Cousins Christmas".  Our daughters and family will all be there, with the exception of our oldest grandson Chris.  He has his last final Monday night at Villanova.  He will be missed..it changes every year.  Next year 3 of our grandchildren will be in College. Beautiful day for traveling.  Have a great day everyone!

Enjoy your Cousins Christmas ,MaryAnn.We are having our Cousins Hanukah next Saturday.

• Like 1