Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We went for our usual walk around the lake yesterday and today. Lovely weather. Yesterday we heard a strange bird call and couldn't figure out what it was until we saw the huge bald eagle. And us without a camera or phone. He was gorgeous.

We've also been keeping tabs on this big family. Mama had 12 babies. We have foxes and coyotes in our area and miraculously she has been able to keep them all! She must do a great job of hiding them at night. 

20230627_171401.thumb.jpg.c5e56a7050e5386d2ebfd47c937e82ec.jpg

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Typo
  • Like 13

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When Eric injured his back last year he did not want a scooter, guess he felt he would be viewed different, but I didn't listen and rented him one thru specialneedsatsea (easy website order). 

He was happy to have it once onboard.

You made a wise choice.   Earlier this year Sharon and daughters decided I would need one for Disney.  They didn't really discuss it much with me, Sharon just ordered it. It made a huge difference. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Happy Anniversary. 🍷 🥂 🍾 🍫 🌹 🍣. Looking forward to seeing you and Marty again in August.

Beautiful bunch of roses.

I guess I missed something about your sciatica. Hope you feel better.

Thank you, Renee!  We can’t wait to see you and Mike, either.  We’ll have to make sure we meet up and spend some time together.  I’ve just been having sciatic pain again in my back and back of my leg with numbness.  That nerve is being pinched and is inflamed.  So just been dealing with this.  Getting old is not for sissies.

1 minute ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Happy anniversary! Ours is while we will be on the Canal cruise together. We'll have to share a celebration drink then.

Thank you, Nancy!  We are so excited that you and Andy will be on the Canal cruise, too.  We will definitely have to have a drink or two together!  

@Coralc Me, too.  I can finally wear shorts and summer clothes.  Get ready for a scorcher of a weekend.  Try to stay cool. 

• Like 4

Dinner was going to be Mexican or Thai.  We decided on Thai since it’s been awhile since we’ve had it.

Green Curry with Chicken

3F766C58-6C25-4031-B7EE-0BC64C24C8A7.thumb.jpeg.98c099c9d1caf37131205c3c4731cacc.jpeg

Pad See-Ew with Chicken

2BB3E63D-EBFD-420A-86E0-7B42C8755B91.thumb.jpeg.aecb6acc661522b18be3b7c9c7261184.jpeg

Green Bean Basil with Tofu

9803B184-E5F9-4224-877F-867702E38CAE.thumb.jpeg.6079d9678cff1a90adce002c8f4f3fe8.jpeg

It was all very good.  So thankful I was able to sit still.  Maybe I was so focused on the food, I forgot about the pain.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Dinner was going to be Mexican or Thai.  We decided on Thai since it’s been awhile since we’ve had it.

Green Curry with Chicken

3F766C58-6C25-4031-B7EE-0BC64C24C8A7.thumb.jpeg.98c099c9d1caf37131205c3c4731cacc.jpeg

Pad See-Ew with Chicken

2BB3E63D-EBFD-420A-86E0-7B42C8755B91.thumb.jpeg.aecb6acc661522b18be3b7c9c7261184.jpeg

Green Bean Basil with Tofu

9803B184-E5F9-4224-877F-867702E38CAE.thumb.jpeg.6079d9678cff1a90adce002c8f4f3fe8.jpeg

It was all very good.  So thankful I was able to sit still.  Maybe I was so focused on the food, I forgot about the pain.

That looks really good!   Our family loves Curry.  It was a regular for Sharon's family when they lived in Fiji.  Hope you had a great Anniversary!  Looks like you did!

• Thanks 1

@Luckynana Thank you for asking how I am feeling.

Tested negative for Covid on Sunday!

But, I would like to feel stronger. I have spoken with friends who have had it and they all say it takes some time to get to feeling 100%.

I am doing some household chores and going for brief walks to get stamina.

I have to say, that virus packs a punch!

My DH’s ribs are improving. He can sleep in bed without pain. 
We are quite the pair!

Friends have offered help if we need it. So far, I have asked one friend who lives on our street to do some grocery shopping. We are taking it one day at a time.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Hopefully your power will be restored by 11:00, even better, if you get it back way before that time!

We've been supposed to be getting storms for the past two days.  Nothing.  We did get about two minutes of rain around 1:00 this afternoon.  Hmm...

Power still not restored as of 630 this morning.  Their new estimated time is 10 am.     Eric is going to get generator going as sump pump pit has started to over flow and I don't want to loose all our meats in the freezer.  Guess we should have started generator last night instead of believing Peco 🤥

• Like 9

6 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Thank you, Nancy!  We are so excited that you and Andy will be on the Canal cruise, too.  We will definitely have to have a drink or two together!  

🤦‍♀️ What was I thinking?  My apologies, @Bailey & Sophie Nancy.  I meant “you and John” (not Andy).  So sorry for the mistake.  Anyway, I’m excited that we’ll be able to see you and John on the Radiance in October. 😊

• Like 7

21 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I wonder if this is a new trend in hotel construction, a hotel corporation putting in multiple brands into one building. When I was researching Tampa hotels last year, I was looking into  Hyatt Place & Hyatt House. When looking at pictures of the public spaces & amenities, I thought they looked very similar. That's because there were!  While they were advertised as two separate hotels, they shared the lobby, pool, bar, restaurants, etc.   The only difference was that the Hyatt Place (standard hotel room) was on the lower floors while the Hyatt House (suites with kitchens) was on the higher floors & cost more money.

That's our other choice. I was trying to find out the difference. They are both in the same building but apparently one is more long stay with a kitchen, lounge area and dining area, and the other is more traditional king hotel type room. 

They are offering a very good price for September at the moment. 

Did you stay there ?

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Today is our anniversary.

I get to pick my own roses

50DE5328-6499-4AD4-9231-EDB34E9B753C.thumb.jpeg.870dfce0f845b78624e93249513cf6f5.jpeg

And candy

2FC783DD-6FEC-4074-99A1-043AC833C51E.thumb.jpeg.848f08e88d676c6f53ed2dec61c4d3f4.jpeg

`

64A34E6A-E434-406B-9F16-C63352E3826D.thumb.jpeg.79dbbafd18ccb32412578e1262c8c8cc.jpeg

Me is one lucky gal, I am.  LOL

Happy Anniversary 😊 hope you both had a lovely day 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Power still not restored as of 630 this morning.  Their new estimated time is 10 am.     Eric is going to get generator going as sump pump pit has started to over flow and I don't want to loose all our meats in the freezer.  Guess we should have started generator last night instead of believing Peco 🤥

Thar sucks! Ours went off for an hour or so for who knows why.It was a beautiful day here yesterday no rain.

I got our generator  out so my Wife Donna could continue to use the computer for her work from home job.

Another beautiful day here again,sitting on the forch porch listening to the birds and watching all the rabbits running around back and forth.

• Like 8

Hope to play some catch up on this thread today.  All the rain we have had, has kept us all indoors for some board and card games with the grandkids.  At least it will clear up later today so we can do some biking and make the outdoor concert tonight.  Boating tomorrow. 

Woke up to this text from my son. 

IMG_7725.thumb.png.41ad1819e95c8e8f78a3fddf99f82071.png

Looks like they left the area just in time. He has another day in Paris before flying back to California.  

• Like 14

@aussielozzie18how did your daughter and friends enjoy Glastonbury. I hope it lived up to the hype and expectation.  They had beautiful weather, normally Glastonbury is a sea of mud. 

Apparently the Elton John set was very good as was the Cat Stevens/Yusuf 'legends' spot

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Hope to play some catch up on this thread today.  All the rain we have had, has kept us all indoors for some board and card games with the grandkids.  At least it will clear up later today so we can do some biking and make the outdoor concert tonight.  Boating tomorrow. 

Looks like they left the area just in time. He has another day in Paris before flying back to California.  

How scary.  I'm glad they are safe. I was just reading about this 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I'm pleased to hear your son is safe.

I heard about this last night on UKTV.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sgmn said:

@aussielozzie18how did your daughter and friends enjoy Glastonbury. I hope it lived up to the hype and expectation.  They had beautiful weather, normally Glastonbury is a sea of mud. 

Apparently the Elton John set was very good as was the Cat Stevens/Yusuf 'legends' spot

Hi Sue.  She arrived home tonight.  She flew home with Singapore airlines.  Prior to boarding at Heathrow her name was called.  She was informed that her economy seat had a fault and they were moving her to another seat which fortunately for her was located in an empty row of 3 seats.  So she made herself comfortable and had a blissful 14hour sleep all the way to Singapore.  From Singapore to Sydney my dad was tracking her flight.  I kept getting updates at work  - “she’s just flying over Broome”, “she will be flying over Uluṟu shortly” and then dad messaged my nephew who lives in the Blue Mountains and was working from home  “she is flying over your house right now”. Have a look out your window and wave” 🤣

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 7
  • Haha 10

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline and Sarah are excited to be going to Rod Stewart's concert on Friday.

Boy George and Culture club are one of the supporting artists.

That sounds like an amazing concert. Hope Pauline and Sarah have a great time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@sgmn re Glastonbury - Elton put on a superb performance.  The girls thoroughly enjoyed it.  She was showing me the video of his performance tonight.
I saw all the great reviews for Cat Steven’s performance but the girls didn’t make it to see him.

They had to be selective re the performances on the main stage as they found the heat and distances to the main stage daunting.  It’s a massive site and they  walked 65,000 steps. Early sunrise and such a late sunset (10pm) with very little shade made for very long hot days.  Thankfully there was always plenty of water available and they were lucky to have a small area of shade near their tent.

Having said that, they had an absolutely amazing experience. Such a unique festival. There was  a great community spirit throughout the festival , plenty of wonderful smiling volunteers and the festival goers looked out for each other in the very big crowds.  They girls felt safe the entire time and thoroughly enjoyed all the performances whether they were big ones on the main stage or small intimate ones in one of the many tents.

• Like 8

I have been reading this thread every day almost since the beginning, but haven't participated often. I booked Bella2 bc it does feel like old friends here, but I figured I should start joining in a bit so it's not one sided when we all meet! Hearing that @dani negreanu is now on board for Bella2 gave me the courage to jump in today!  Ive loved reading about the places where everyone lives and it's often made the world seem smaller. Our youngest DD is heading off to college in the fall and about half way through her search decided she thought she wanted to go abroad. So for the past year I thought I would be asking @grapau27for the name of his favorite Italian restaurant because it looked like she was going to go to Durham University! At the last minute she decided to go to University College London instead, so maybe @sgmn can help us out! 

We just returned from our first Celebrity Cruise on Equinox and loved it--was very surprised at the differences from RCCL. Still love both products but was surprised at how different the 2 lines are. Thought of @Sea Dog because one of our stops was Tortola. We decided on a beach day instead of Jost Van Dyke this time but it was one of our all time favorite stops. What I didnt know was how gorgeous the sail away would be--for about 30/40 min I felt like we were in Fiji--the small islands all around us were spectacular. I sat on our balcony for over an hour just enjoying the sail away. Just a heads up for when you get back on board! Hope everyone has a great day!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Many Australian mums  of tweens & teens  were in tizz today as presale concert tickets for @Ocean Boy’s favourite neighbour went on sale this morning.  She is only doing 5 concerts - 3 in Sydney and 2 in Melbourne and the demand FAR exceeds supply.  DD told me that the  VIP tickets  only  give a guaranteed seat & a tote bag were selling for $1200.00.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Wow that was a close call. I’m glad they are safe.

15 minutes ago, brookmill18 said:

@sgmn

We just returned from our first Celebrity Cruise on Equinox and loved it--was very surprised at the differences from RCCL. Still love both products but was surprised at how different the 2 lines are. Thought of @Sea Dog because one of our stops was Tortola. We decided on a beach day instead of Jost Van Dyke this time but it was one of our all time favorite stops. What I didnt know was how gorgeous the sail away would be--for about 30/40 min I felt like we were in Fiji--the small islands all around us were spectacular. I sat on our balcony for over an hour just enjoying the sail away. Just a heads up for when you get back on board! Hope everyone has a great day!

Im happy that you had a great time. I’m so excited to go to Tortola. I think it will end up being an island that I will frequently visit.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Many Australian mums  of tweens & teens  were in tizz today as presale concert tickets for @Ocean Boy’s favourite neighbour went on sale this morning.  She is only doing 5 concerts - 3 in Sydney and 2 in Melbourne and the demand FAR exceeds supply.  DD told me that the  VIP tickets  only  give a guaranteed seat & a tote bag were selling for $1200.00.

Crazy price.

• Like 1