Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

39 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks for this information.  Your thoughts were exactly what we were personally expecting.  We would sail in a suite, so some benefits would come along with our current Princess ones. We are actually 3 cruises away from their top tier, but not in a rush to get there. 

That sounds great! We have done only 3 on Princess and are on a very low tier. The Enchanted sailing was a result of FCC from two cancelled cruises during the pandemic and Princess gave 2 x the value in FCC plus threw in the packages, OBC, upgrade and extended the book by date. Among all the cruise line cancelled sailings at the time, they were the most generous and accommodating.

Enjoy your cruise. I am already looking forward to seeing your fantastic pictures!

• Like 4

I’m not caught up for the last couple of days but we made it to Sydney Australia.  19 hours on 2 planes and a 10 hour layover in LAX but we are here.  Flights were uneventful and all 4 checked bags made it. 

Yesterday we were able to check into our hotel by 8:30 a.m. so we spent the day exploring the CBD of Sydney.  The shopping here is off the charts. So many stores, many high end and a lot of people.  It wasn’t our intent to shop but DH broke his carryon handle the first flight so we were off to find a new suitcase. We found one, had lunch at a food court and went on a walking tour of “ The Rocks”. We forced ourselves to stay up until 8 p.m. then crashed for a good 12 hours.  

We are staying on the quay with lots of action right off our balcony.  I’ll post a picture.  Today Princess is here, yesterday it was P and O. This area is FULL of restaurants and fast food,  it’s a bit overwhelming to pick a place to eat. 

We had planned to go to Manly beach today but not sure the weather will cooperate.  If not we’ll do more walking, maybe the bridge and museums. 

DB87E96C-45C5-4B57-95E9-09974EFC3E71.jpeg

• Like 19

@A&L_Ont Andy, I am top tier on Princess, and agree with @Arzeena.  I find the two brands fairly comparable.  I alternate between the lines based on itinerary and price.  Hard to pass up the DP340 discount on Royal for solo’s.
While you don’t get the 6 drinks per day on Princess, you do get a mini bar set up in your cabin and reduced price drinks during the happy hour.  

One thing I highly recommend is their Princess Plus package.  It is $60 per day, but cover tips, wi-fi and up to 15 drinks per day. 🙀

Look forward to your thoughts and photos.

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

@A&L_Ont Andy, I am top tier on Princess, and agree with @Arzeena.  I find the two brands fairly comparable.  I alternate between the lines based on itinerary and price.  Hard to pass up the DP340 discount on Royal for solo’s.
While you don’t get the 6 drinks per day on Princess, you do get a mini bar set up in your cabin and reduced price drinks during the happy hour.  

One thing I highly recommend is their Princess Plus package.  It is $60 per day, but cover tips, wi-fi and up to 15 drinks per day. 🙀

Look forward to your thoughts and photos.

Do those drinks include alcohol?  It’s like they are giving things away for free. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Do those drinks include alcohol?  It’s like they are giving things away for free. 

Yes,  alcohol is included, up to $16 per drink.  It’s a “no brainer” for me.  It also includes some other things, like two fitness classes, two casual dining meals ($14.99 each) and more.  There is also a “premier package”.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

And just look at their drink prices, compared to Royal’s. The plus package was a no brainer for us.  I know I will see what I can work my way through.  

bar-menu-princess-cruises.pdf

This is included in plus

IMG_6559.thumb.jpeg.f0d2758d966c58ce4c603cd3486e7eef.jpeg

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

And just look at their drink prices, compared to Royal’s. The plus package was a no brainer for us.  I know I will see what I can work my way through.  

bar-menu-princess-cruises.pdf 5.43 MB · 0 downloads

This is included in plus

IMG_6559.thumb.jpeg.f0d2758d966c58ce4c603cd3486e7eef.jpeg

All this talk of Princess is very timely. I’ve been giving them a hard look, checking out itineraries.  I’m in the camp with those who think Royal’s pricing is getting out of hand and I wouldn’t mind a few new ports either.  We may find it’s not for us, but we’ll never know unless we try.  

• Like 12

51 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I think trying new lines is a great idea if one cruises one line fairly regularly.  Different decor.  Different menus.  Different shows.  Not necessarily better…just a refreshing change!!

I haven’t cruised Princess in about a decade but doubt I will give her another try . Really looking forward to MSc yacht club but most likely combining them with oasis class and celebrity suites, might be tempted to a higher end line , but don’t want to sacrifice the entertainment I get with the other three. 

• Like 1

While my grandson and I were traveling to the airport Sunday evening i had a tour guide with me. My grandson is 8 and he has been through D.C. before but not at night. With everything all lit up he as giving me a play by play of what we were seeing. The Washington Monument, The White House (where there is an oval office he told me) and the Jefferson memorial. It made the drive so much more enjoyable.

• Like 16

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My OT recommended a Netflix show which I watched last night.One season ,3 episodes and very interesting:

American Nightmare.

Agree with this recommendation Lenny.  I usually avoid true crime  but on a whim decided to watch this one.  Binged the entire three episodes as i couldn’t stop watching.  No spoilers for this one as it’s best to go in blind not knowing anything about this case.  It’s getting rave reviews here and making viewers angry.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I’m not caught up for the last couple of days but we made it to Sydney Australia.  19 hours on 2 planes and a 10 hour layover in LAX but we are here.  Flights were uneventful and all 4 checked bags made it. 

Yesterday we were able to check into our hotel by 8:30 a.m. so we spent the day exploring the CBD of Sydney.  The shopping here is off the charts. So many stores, many high end and a lot of people.  It wasn’t our intent to shop but DH broke his carryon handle the first flight so we were off to find a new suitcase. We found one, had lunch at a food court and went on a walking tour of “ The Rocks”. We forced ourselves to stay up until 8 p.m. then crashed for a good 12 hours.  

We are staying on the quay with lots of action right off our balcony.  I’ll post a picture.  Today Princess is here, yesterday it was P and O. This area is FULL of restaurants and fast food,  it’s a bit overwhelming to pick a place to eat. 

We had planned to go to Manly beach today but not sure the weather will cooperate.  If not we’ll do more walking, maybe the bridge and museums. 

DB87E96C-45C5-4B57-95E9-09974EFC3E71.jpeg

Welcome to Sydney.  Glad you had a successful first day. Very  nice balcony view.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, Odyssey out of FLL and Sunday is Coco Cay.

Excited for you to on vacation🤩    You'll get to CocoCay and have a beautiful day.   

That's what my crystal ball says😁

Weather changes by the hour on these islands

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are currently on holiday.  First time, we’ve needed house sitters as usually one of the adult kids is home.  Being getting daily proof of life photos from the  couple that are housesitting & caring for Max for us.  Although, they are more “Max being spoilt rotten” photos.

• Like 13

33 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Agree with this recommendation Lenny.  I usually avoid true crime  but on a whim decided to watch this one.  Binged the entire three episodes as i couldn’t stop watching.  No spoilers for this one as it’s best to go in blind not knowing anything about this case.  It’s getting rave reviews here and making viewers angry.

After watching it I read as much as I was able to about the crime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Ah...Yes. That was a local incident. Very strange news and newspaper reporting on it at the time. No one quite understood what had happened. The Sherri Papini case was also in California. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Have the Best time!!!!!  🛳️

I second that. 

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excited for you to on vacation🤩    You'll get to CocoCay and have a beautiful day.   

That's what my crystal ball says😁

Weather changes by the hour on these islands

I’m going with a Perfect Day.😉😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1