FCC?

39august

I cancelled two July NRD cruises just before final payment on April 2. Was told that the entire required $250 pp deposits on each would be returned as FCC. I have gotten nothing about that FCC to date. I did book thru' a TA but he has gotten nothing either. Will I get something direct from X or will my TA get notification of the FCC, please? TIme frame?

On March 20th cancelled a April 19th  cruise so far no FCC or refund of taxes& fees.  
I have read that for the most part the refunds, etc are being processed in sail date order.  Another thread has folks with  mid - late March sailing seeing refunds in the last couple of days.  So hoping we will see something in the next week or two.

I cancelled a July cruise on 4/1.  The final payment was due April 6th.  This week I got my deposit refunded.  I chose FCC on a cruise X cancelled.  It took about 12 days to get the email with the cert number.

Edited by marieps

We got an FCC for a canceled cruise issued a few weeks ago. This morning, we also got two refunds on the credit card: one for taxes and fees, and one for the cruise fare we'd already gotten the FCC for. We were to have taken the cruise with our TA friend and his wife. The same thing happened to them. 

At least he only has to call Celebrity once to fix both.

My FCC's came directly to Iain and myself individually via e-mail.   A couple days later my travel sent me a single e-mail with both FCC's in a single message.      Sounds like Celebrity continues to be consistently inconsistent. 

In my Case the cruises were cancelled on 3/13 and I received my FCC's  on 4/10.    As of yet no refunds for the other portions.

We cancelled our March 28 cruise on the Summit on March 11th, right before Celebrity cancelled all cruises. We received a refund of our taxes, port charges, excursions and air fare on April 6th but have still yet to see any emails about FCC.  At this point it has been 7 1/2 weeks so I will give them another week or so. At least the money came relatively quick. We have a B2B next February (hopefully!) that we want to use the FCC on so we have a little time.

On 4/30/2020 at 2:25 PM, wrk2cruise said:

I believe all FCC's are delivered directly to the passenger using the email on file.  No idea on the current timeframe.

I was told 45 days.  Received one of them in March but the other cruise I cancelled early April and nothing yet.

No FCC for me either.

I cancelled my March 14 cruise on March 12th.

First, it was “it will take 2 weeks”

then 30 days. ( it’s been 51 days)

then 30 Business days ( it’s been 36)

Now, it’s “Be patient, it’s coming soon” 

What else can we do? 

Cancelled cruise on March 7th. Celebrity cancelled the cruise on March 13th. Originally scheduled to depart on March 15th.

No refund of shore excursions, No FCC, No refund of taxes and fees, No emails, NO NOTHING! Absolutely NOT ONE PENNY!

Celebrity has definitely disappointed me. Would just an email explaining when I would receive the refunds be too much to ask for? Apparently it is.

Big Box TA in Kirkland, WA is no help either.

• Like 1

I cancelled a cruise on February 23 prior to final payment date, and was due a FCC. I waited 6 weeks, then followed up with Celebrity. They had never processed the FCC, and I was told it would be done within 4-7 days. I waited another 10 days and called again. Turns out it still had not been processed, and they processed it while I was on the phone. I received it by email. So my advice is to follow up!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wineart said:

I cancelled a cruise on February 23 prior to final payment date, and was due a FCC. I waited 6 weeks, then followed up with Celebrity. They had never processed the FCC, and I was told it would be done within 4-7 days. I waited another 10 days and called again. Turns out it still had not been processed, and they processed it while I was on the phone. I received it by email. So my advice is to follow up!

That’s good news. I’ve followed up 4 times already.

It sounds more like you were lucky enough to get an Customer Service agent that was willing to see your request through to the end. Someone else also reported that they stayed on the line while an agent processed their request then and there. Believe me I’ve tried several times now and only get the “ nothing else I can do” “ Im not able to process it on my end “ or the ever frustrating  “ I see your request is being processed, you will need to be patient,” ( did I mention it’s been over 53 days?) 

So clearly they CAN process them when you request it, but it sounds like most agents are choosing not to.

Would be interesting to see the names of the CS agents are that are delivering this service. 

Edited by son3cruisers

Received 3/23, 3/28 and 4/04 cruise FCC's three weeks ago.

Received 4/12 and 4/30 cruise FCC's today.

Waiting on FCC's for 5/11, 5/22 and 5/29 cruises still.

All cancelled by Celebrity on 3/13.

Not one penny of taxes or port fees.

Have 4 new bookings on hold with taxes and port fees (in addition to FCC) due by 5/20.

REALLY wish they would give me the cancelled cruise fees before I have to pay for the new ones !!!

Looks like the refunds are running AT LEAST 6 weeks behind the FCC.

Has anyone received the taxes and port fees for any cruise on or after 3/23 yet?

1 minute ago, TommyD3 said:

Received 3/23, 3/28 and 4/04 cruise FCC's three weeks ago.

Received 4/12 and 4/30 cruise FCC's today.

Waiting on FCC's for 5/11, 5/22 and 5/29 cruises still.

All cancelled by Celebrity on 3/13.

Not one penny of taxes or port fees.

Have 4 new bookings on hold with taxes and port fees (in addition to FCC) due by 5/20.

REALLY wish they would give me the cancelled cruise fees before I have to pay for the new ones !!!

Looks like the refunds are running AT LEAST 6 weeks behind the FCC.

Has anyone received the taxes and port fees for any cruise on or after 3/23 yet?

Yes, received port taxes and fees early this week for an April Edge cancellation. Already had FCC. No pre-paid gratuities yet.

On 4/30/2020 at 11:23 AM, 39august said:

I cancelled two July NRD cruises just before final payment on April 2. Was told that the entire required $250 pp deposits on each would be returned as FCC. I have gotten nothing about that FCC to date. I did book thru' a TA but he has gotten nothing either. Will I get something direct from X or will my TA get notification of the FCC, please? TIme frame?

Time frame?  The is almost funny.  I cancelled a cruise on 3/9.  Have heard nothing Since my 50% refund issued that same day.  Supposed as others said to come direct to you.

Spoke to Celebrity about a Moveup they accepted AFTER they cancelled the cruise!  The credit for that payment Was credited to another cruise!  They are in chaos.  Was told 8 - 12 weeks more to wait.

The refunds were simply credited to our credit card - no notification of any kind.