Heads up on Celebrity’ new promotion beginning on May 11th

rebel9040

Received an email today from Celebrity for a new promotion beginning today May 11th for Captain’s Club members who are “classic” and above in membership status. The promotion runs till June 1st according to the email. 
10% off cruise fare -for existing bookings into the future - along with new bookings

i currently have 2 future reservations and the TA was able to have one repriced with an additional 10% off the fare price - overall, a $450 reduction in price. 
if you are at “classic” level or above, it pays to check to see if you qualify for the savings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

For my sailings next year, the offer does not allow for all four (2) Perks as an add-on, only Prepaid Grats...

When using 'current' pricing for the added Perks the pricing is about the same, for us, at the moment.

bon voyage

• Like 1

I received the same email but it doesn't say it is good for any existing bookings. I have 2 cruises booked for next year. One is with a NDR and the other has a fully refundable deposit, can I rebook for this fare and save with the NRD booking and not lose my deposit?

28 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I received the same email but it doesn't say it is good for any existing bookings. I have 2 cruises booked for next year. One is with a NDR and the other has a fully refundable deposit, can I rebook for this fare and save with the NRD booking and not lose my deposit?

We also have an existing booking for March, 2021, NDR.  I just reached out to our TA to see if it could be applied and how it would impact all the other "perks" of the booking.  I will let you know what I find out. 

Honestly, while saving 10% would be nice, I'm more concerned about whether or not the cruise will occur and if so, what is the quality going to be like.  March seems like a long way off, but who knows?

I don't think this offer is combineable with any other perks.  The current pricing is for refundable deposit.  I believe repricing a NRD to the current pricing would require an actual cancellation and rebooking so you would probably have to redepost, take the FCC for the cancelled NRD and then be able to apply it to the new reservation.   It's worth a try to see what they say.

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

I don't think this offer is combineable with any other perks.  The current pricing is for refundable deposit.  I believe repricing a NRD to the current pricing would require an actual cancellation and rebooking so you would probably have to redepost, take the FCC for the cancelled NRD and then be able to apply it to the new reservation.   It's worth a try to see what they say.

Yuck...all that for 10%?  It's a long shot for us.  We have a RS booked.  The perks are included in the fare so I'm not concerned about that.  Cancelling and repricing would impact our refundable OBC though.  So probably not going to work out for us.  Hopefully, others can fare better.

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

For my sailings next year, the offer does not allow for all four (2) Perks as an add-on, only Prepaid Grats...

When using 'current' pricing for the added Perks the pricing is about the same, for us, at the moment.

bon voyage

Ahhh... so it's not a "thanks for not cancelling, we'll take 10% off EVERYTHING you already have"?

Worth a call, I suppose, since we have 4 cruises booked over the next 2 years. 

I booked our new cruise 2 days ago and had called to get a credit because I booked Aqua Spa 1 instead of Aqua Spa 2 with the 1 category upgrade.  First rep I talked to yesterday morning said she could not give me the credit because of the new promotion.  She said I could switch for an additional $700 (huh?).  I spoke w/the TA that I was going to switch the reservation to. She urged me to call back and ask for supervisor intervention.  The Celebrity rep I talked to said there was a loyalty promotion that DH and I were eligible for.  We changed from 3 perks to the 4 perks that included premium drink package along with $300 OBC.  Our cost was $50 more.  I'm glad I called back!  

• Like 1

Thank you!  We lost $300 OBC from the Look Beyond Promo, but, we already have $300 obc and I was having trouble spending the $600 since we are booked in a SS with all four perks.   This promo IS combinable with military discount, so took $347 off our original balance.  I am very happy.  This brings our SS down to $1673pp before taxes/($239pp per day). EDITED TO SAY:  I have a refundable deposit

Edited by FlorenceItaly
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, wallysdtr said:

I booked our new cruise 2 days ago and had called to get a credit because I booked Aqua Spa 1 instead of Aqua Spa 2 with the 1 category upgrade.  First rep I talked to yesterday morning said she could not give me the credit because of the new promotion.  She said I could switch for an additional $700 (huh?).  I spoke w/the TA that I was going to switch the reservation to. She urged me to call back and ask for supervisor intervention.  The Celebrity rep I talked to said there was a loyalty promotion that DH and I were eligible for.  We changed from 3 perks to the 4 perks that included premium drink package along with $300 OBC.  Our cost was $50 more.  I'm glad I called back!  

Was that with non-refundable deposits?  I like that NRD promo in exchange for the additional perks + premium drinks. 

Gotta' love RCCL/Celebrity.  Even in the midst of absolute chaos in their industry, they can still come up with another "sale".  🙂

I'm sure the phone rep's are thrilled to have another thing to generate calls and more pricing options to figure out.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We didn't get the email, even though we are Elite, so I just left our X Cruise Planner a VM asking if our Apr 2021 TP which currently has a NRD applies. It's a SS, which we previously booked onboard, so it will be interesting to see what he has to say.

Update: Just got a call back and he was able to apply the 10% additional discount to our cruise!! Thanks!!

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Saw the email and if we rebooked our cruise it would definately save us monies with our military discount.  However, our cruise has already been paid with the 125% FCC we received (from our cancelled cruise) and the promo says you can't combine this new 10% offer with the 125% FCC.  Will be calling my Celebrity Vacation Planner and see if she can do anything for us anyway.  I would imaging the Celebrity loyalists may be complaining about not being able to use both.

28 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Gotta' love RCCL/Celebrity.  Even in the midst of absolute chaos in their industry, they can still come up with another "sale".  🙂

I'm sure the phone rep's are thrilled to have another thing to generate calls and more pricing options to figure out.

I was thinking that myself, I’m not bothering with the stress of it, happy with the deal we already have.

• Like 1

My TA was able to apply the 10% to two upcoming cruises so thank you!  Kept all perks!  We lost only a bit of OBC but totally worth it!  Thank you OP Rebel!  

too bad it didn’t apply to my Galapagos cruise! Will keep watching! 

50 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We didn't get the email, even though we are Elite, so I just left our X Cruise Planner a VM asking if our Apr 2021 TP which currently has a NRD applies. It's a SS, which we previously booked onboard, so it will be interesting to see what he has to say.

Update: Just got a call back and he was able to apply the 10% additional discount to our cruise!! Thanks!!

We didn’t get the email either though we’re Elite too. Is there a link to this this offer, can someone please give it to me? 

We have two cruises booked, Europe in May 2021 and South America in January 2022. Am hoping both sailings will qualify.

Thanks in advance!

Here are the terms and conditions.  Nothing said about US only.  It's called a Members Only Bonus for for Captain's Club.  I don't see it online on Celberity's website and my guess is that their IT team will never be able to implement it.

* Cruise must be booked May 11th, 2020 – June 1st, 2020. Offer applies to select sailings departing November 1st, 2020 – May 4th, 2022 and excludes Galapagos voyages. Savings amount is 5% off standard cruise fare per member for an interior or ocean view stateroom and 10% off standard cruise fare per member for a veranda stateroom or higher. Savings apply to cruise fare only and does not apply to taxes, fees, gratuities, hotel, flights, cruise care protection. Offer applies to Captain’s Club Members, Classic and Above. Preview members are not eligible to participate in this offer. Offer can only be applied to a maximum of two Captain’s Club members per reservation. Offer is not combinable with Exciting Deals, Resident Rates, Senior Rates or 125% Future Cruise Credits received as a result of our Global Cruising Suspension. To use other Future Cruise Credits please contact the call center at 1-877-202-4344. Not applicable to Cruisetours. Changes to booking may result in removal of Offer. Offers and prices are subject to availability, cancellation and change without notice at any time. Celebrity reserves the right to cancel the Offer at any time, correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

I suspect they aren't allowing the 125% FCC because that would be a double-dip (triple in some cases).  I got it applied to a TA for next year with the Military rate plus picked up the perks for a SS (my previous resident rate did not have the perks).  Saved $660 plus got the OBC and Tips which are actual money so it was worth almost $1,500 to me.

Edited by bob278
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bob278 said:

Here are the terms and conditions.  Nothing said about US only.  It's called a Members Only Bonus for for Captain's Club.  I don't see it online on Celberity's website and my guess is that their IT team will never be able to implement it.

* Cruise must be booked May 11th, 2020 – June 1st, 2020. Offer applies to select sailings departing November 1st, 2020 – May 4th, 2022 and excludes Galapagos voyages. Savings amount is 5% off standard cruise fare per member for an interior or ocean view stateroom and 10% off standard cruise fare per member for a veranda stateroom or higher. Savings apply to cruise fare only and does not apply to taxes, fees, gratuities, hotel, flights, cruise care protection. Offer applies to Captain’s Club Members, Classic and Above. Preview members are not eligible to participate in this offer. Offer can only be applied to a maximum of two Captain’s Club members per reservation. Offer is not combinable with Exciting Deals, Resident Rates, Senior Rates or 125% Future Cruise Credits received as a result of our Global Cruising Suspension. To use other Future Cruise Credits please contact the call center at 1-877-202-4344. Not applicable to Cruisetours. Changes to booking may result in removal of Offer. Offers and prices are subject to availability, cancellation and change without notice at any time. Celebrity reserves the right to cancel the Offer at any time, correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

I suspect they aren't allowing the 125% FCC because that would be a double-dip (triple in some cases).  I got it applied to a TA for next year with the Military rate plus picked up the perks for a SS (my previous resident rate did not have the perks).  Saved $660 plus got the OBC and Tips which are actual money so it was worth almost $1,500 to me.

And it’s only 5% for an inside or Oceanview not 10%

1 hour ago, bob278 said:

I was pleasantly surprised when I tried to do a dummy booking online a few minutes agoand saw the LOYALTY SAVINGS offer come up paired with a military rate.  I have to say "well done" to Celebrity's much-maligned IT team and have to admit I have been among those criticizing them.. Good job, folks.

• Like 1