Next round of cancellations

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Who me apologize for the facts I heard from the 3 top guys on a webinar instead of some blog posted saying they expect to return to service on August 1st.     ???

That is Royal's press release NOT a blog post

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, molly361 said:

That is Royal's press release NOT a blog post

From everything i heard on the phone call I highly doubt RCL will be cruising the caribbean on August 1st.    Maybe the asia market.     I cannot find this press release, do you have a link to it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Absolutely. They did not want to discuss ANY mitigation efforts currently in the works. They said when the time is ready to sail again they will be FULLY TRANSPARENT.

That means they're NOT SAILING FOR A LONG TIME.

I wonder who Matt was quoting on his page?

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What regions?

The information disclosed implied the Asia Region MAY restart cruising sooner. There was NO indication that cruises would startup August 1st. They did not Explicitly say that but if you listen to what they were saying(Or NOT saying) that's the interpretation. 

The biggest tell was refusing to discuss any mitigation factors they plan to implement. If they were ready to sail August 1st you KNOW they would have readily volunteered everything they're going to do. And they literally said WHEN they are ready to sail they will be totally TRANSPARENT as to what they will be doing. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Thanks 1

I understand their $$$ constraints, but continuing to roll this out by dribbles and drabs is beyond annoying.

Looking at their current "schedule" they expect to have a 4 week season in Alaska.  Right.  Dragging the ships up there for 4 or 5 weeks when schools may be restarting and the focus of families everywhere.

Nothing even as wet concrete for mitigation plans.

Silly and annoying.

• Like 1

Just now, ECCruise said:

I understand their $$$ constraints, but continuing to roll this out by dribbles and drabs is beyond annoying.

Looking at their current "schedule" they expect to have a 4 week season in Alaska.  Right.  Dragging the ships up there for 4 or 5 weeks when schools may be restarting and the focus of families everywhere.

Nothing even as wet concrete for mitigation plans.

Silly and annoying.

If they don't "drag" the ships up  there for (actually would be 6-7 weeks of expensive Alaska cruise season),  what do they do with the pax waiting to board Ovation, Radiance, and Serenade out of Vancouver/Seattle in mid September for TP/cruise to Asia (Radiance) and down to Australia (Serenade, Ovation)?  Are those cruises cancelled also?  What about Australia?  

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you for confirming what I got out of the meeting.     

Ridiculous how the media https://www.*****.com/2020/05/20/royal-caribbean-will-cancel-all-sailings-through-july-31-due-coronavirus writes this article saying they will resume sailing August 1st.      Twist of words Again by the media.    

To be fair, that site isn’t media.  It’s run by a fanboy blogger who would never dare to write one bad word about Royal, lest his freebies and access dry up.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

If they don't "drag" the ships up  there for (actually would be 6-7 weeks of expensive Alaska cruise season),  what do they do with the pax waiting to board Ovation, Radiance, and Serenade out of Vancouver/Seattle in mid September for TP/cruise to Asia (Radiance) and down to Australia (Serenade, Ovation)?  Are those cruises cancelled also?  What about Australia?  

OMG........hit me with a hammer....... Beam them up Scottie!

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I am on the Radiance crossing first week of September so no 6 or 7 weeks in AK for Radiance.  

And my gut feeling says that ship doesn't sail to Asia.  Not going to be on it either way but think RCCL will jettison it before I do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Radiance is due to sail Vancouver to Tokyo - Singapore starting 9/4. I'm doubtful they would sail a TP for a 5 week season just to turn around and do another TP. There's also talk of laying up smaller ships.

From this a.m. Investor Call "Royal just announced suspension of sailings through 7/31/20 with the exception of their China routes; per today’s investor call. Also, it would appear they will look to a gradual restart leveraging their largest ships as they can operate them at 30% capacity to reach a break-even point versus their older smaller ships that would require a 50% break-even point. A formal press release on this is forthcoming."

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

From what I’ve read on CC, Australia and New Zealand aren’t anxious to welcome cruisers for a long  time. 

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That says their “goal” is to begin cruising August 1. 

Watch what happens with the Orlando theme parks closely for Florida based sailings, as this probably is the best real indicator on how this goes.  Right now Universal opened up their CityWalk shopping district last Thursday limited style, and Disney Springs opened today (also limited).

The Aug 1st date aligns with what Carnival is doing, and probably others.

Edited by atricks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

I am on the Radiance crossing first week of September so no 6 or 7 weeks in AK for Radiance.  

And my gut feeling says that ship doesn't sail to Asia.  Not going to be on it either way but think RCCL will jettison it before I do.

I am booked for Radiance 8/14 and 8/21...though I don't think either one of us are going to be on our cruises. I am just waiting for official cancellation.

Ovation would have from 7/31 to 9/17 of possible (though I doubt it will happen) Alaska cruising out of Seattle making it almost 8 weeks....if it were to happen.  

Is RCI going to cancel all three ships TPs in September?  What about Australia season?  

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That says their “goal” is to begin cruising August 1. 

Every announcement had the same goal. When they come out with an announcement like Carnival had, with specific ships/dates, then it might be more credible of start up - for now all of these are cancellations till.

• Like 2